Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemysticalmagic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks!
    #24922112 - 01/17/18 10:28 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Okay — I did not follow a bulk grow tek.  What happened was I put BRF cakes cultivated with Penis Envy spores and spawn bags cultivated with Penis Envy spores into my fruiting chamber.  Some of the spawn bags were looking kind of icky (like blackish and I was trying to think not green), plus lots of mutant blobs, etc. and I didn’t want to take the risk of them contaminating my clean BRF cakes... so I had to get them out of there.

Instead of throwing them away, I crumbled up two spawn bags on top of 1” of vermiculite, then added another ~1/2” of vermiculite on top, and places the third unceumbled spawn bag also in there.  Then I misted sides of container, placed lid loosely back on top, and turned off light.  This is what it looks like 3 days later.  What’s going on?  Is that bacteria / mold growing?  Should I pitch the whole thing?  It’s in another room of the basement where the BRF cakes are growing and the cakes seem fine.  I shouldn’t have problems with mold or bacteria making there way through the air 20 ft away to the cakes, right?  Or should I?

Thanks!  Would love to know what’s happening here and if I should give up this crude bulk grow experiment and just pitch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks! [Re: mysticalmagic]
    #24922125 - 01/17/18 10:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

it's hard to tell from the pictures exactly what is going on there. I'd say your chances of growing anything but a handful of blobs before the mold takes over are rather slim. penis envy is a bit picky.

mold has a way of moving around but i think as long as you keep an eye on it your cakes should be fine. just be sure to get rid of it hastily if you spot any mold.

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks! [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #24922341 - 01/18/18 03:20 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That isnt mold, thats really bad bruising. Dude u need to do something about ur humidity or something. That blue color is bruising from being bone dry

Or on second lool, it could be mold. If it is mold, why havnt u thrown it out yet?

Edited by nube424 (01/18/18 03:21 AM)

OfflinedracolususFacebook
Eternal Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a state of being
Re: Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks! [Re: nube424]
    #24922360 - 01/18/18 03:54 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If it smells nasty, its bacterial. But as the above posted said, it could be bad bruising or mold.

Offlinemysticalmagic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks! [Re: dracolusus]
    #24922693 - 01/18/18 09:34 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks.  This is only my second grow and the first one had no contamination after the cultivation process, so I don’t have any real experience to know for sure whether it’s mold or something else (bruising?), which is why I was asking for the advice here.  My intuition is it is mold, because it seems more black and (god forbid) green than it does blue.  Still, my half-way solution so far has just been to remove it from the healthy cakes, so as to isolate it.  Cultivation was very clean.  Not sure why the mold set in, if it is indeed mold.

Offlinemysticalmagic
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks! [Re: dracolusus]
    #24922696 - 01/18/18 09:36 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dracolusus said:
If it smells nasty, its bacterial. But as the above posted said, it could be bad bruising or mold.

Thanks.  It does not smell bad.  It has, however, lost the good “mushroomy” smell..

Invisiblenube424
Male
    #24922700 - 01/18/18 09:37 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yea maybe its just the pic making it look blue. U did the right thing by removing it. But does it seem really dry?

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24922716 - 01/18/18 09:45 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mysticalmagic said:
Thanks.  It does not smell bad.  It has, however, lost the good “mushroomy” smell..

Then I think you're fine, cake is just bruised the fuck up possible from all the abuse :lol:

BTW...instead of misting the container...mist the sub and cake.

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Invisiblenube424
Male
Re: Penis Envy bulk grow — is it contaminated? Thanks! [Re: Tormato]
    #24922785 - 01/18/18 10:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Im glad someone else thinks so too. Its not the pic, thats bruising. U should dunk it imo, thats past misting. That things gonna die of thirst.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags