Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMangowaffle
Stranger

How do you guys find new customers?
    #24919810 - 01/17/18 02:21 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I scaled up my gourmet mushroom grow operation recently and am currently supplying a couple of restaurants and cafe's around town. So far I've just been calling up local businesses, asking to speak with the manager or head chef, and asking if they're interested in sampling some of my mushrooms, but I'm finding that most of the time it's incredibly difficult to get ahold of the manager/head chef.

I've tried emailing businesses instead, but usually get a response from front of house saying that they've passed the email onto the manager (whether they actually do or not is anyones guess)

I'm also trying to contact businesses on social media, but I'm finding that most of these businesses have their social media accounts handled by marketing teams.

I'd prefer to speak to a manager or chef to arrange a time to take the samples in, but now I'm wondering whether I should just rock in there unannounced with a box of samples and drop them off.

Just wondering what methods have worked for you guys?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethunderfarm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oklahoma, USA Flag
Re: How do you guys find new customers? [Re: Mangowaffle]
    #24919989 - 01/17/18 06:32 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I suggest you first use the search function.  There have been a number of threads dealing with this issue.  Good luck!

--------------------

OfflineMorePies
Stranger
Loc: TX Flag
Re: How do you guys find new customers? [Re: thunderfarm]
    #24920086 - 01/17/18 08:01 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Show up before 4pm. Talk to the person who does the ordering.

OfflineFunguy182
Stranger

Re: How do you guys find new customers? [Re: MorePies]
    #24922137 - 01/17/18 10:40 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Im a chef all you have to do is go in early. Never at busy times like lunch or dinner you will get snubbed trust me. From 8_11 in the morning and 2_ 4 in the afternoon. I have the same problem in my town to be honest I've given out more fuckin samples than sold. Then noon call back. Or you have asshole chefs who don't know dick and say I don't have a use for them. Farmers market is going to be your best sales. Is for me at least the people seek you not the other way around. People love hearing how you grow them too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds