Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next > | Last >
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: McGrimm]
    #24920454 - 01/17/18 10:59 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh.

Just like Google. Google was a mispelling. I will HODL then, even if its scary as fuck :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: geokills] * 2
    #24920461 - 01/17/18 11:01 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Found myself tempted to put some cash back to work and buy some ETH and/or BTC this morning, but ultimately decided that I am not quite in the mood to catch a falling knife.  What I noted as significant technical damage yesterday has only gotten worse.  At this specific moment in time, selling pressure is taking a breather, however the steep downtrend channel remains intact on both of the aforementioned issues.  Even if the primary downtrend is broken (as I suspect it will be within the next day or two) I believe there will remain a tendency to sell into strength and that ~$14K BTC and $1.1K ETH will act as a ceiling for at least a couple of weeks.

Position update:

• Idle Cash (USD) 39%
  • Neblio (NEBL) 17%
  • NEO (NEO) 15%
  • Cardano (ADA) 8%
  • WaBi (WABI) 5%
  • VeChain (VEN) 4%
  • EOS (EOS) 4%
  • ICON (ICX) 3%
  • OmiseGo (OMG) 3%
  • 0x (ZRX) 1%
  • Zap (ZAP) 1%

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: geokills]
    #24920467 - 01/17/18 11:04 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

what the fuck is a neblio and why did it do so well yesterday?

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24920473 - 01/17/18 11:07 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24920485 - 01/17/18 11:11 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Its weird to me that Jan 10 i tripped balls on 14g of mushroom and during that trip i posted and said "its a lie, dont put money in"

I sobered up and quickly retracted my statement and didn't believe it.

I do believe the market will go back up.

But i find it very odd, and wonder if my feelings were something I should have paid more heed to.

I had a similar experience once before as well.

Just interesting to me... that I literally told everyone I knew to exit crypto. That it was lies.

And then it seemed as if the market had a huge crash.

Maybe im paying into it more than I should. But I just find it rather strange at the moment, and wondering....

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineMcGrimm
Professor of Peace

Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24920486 - 01/17/18 11:11 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

man.. I am just not going to pay a ton of attention to the small cryptos .  day trading is no longer under the radar and is being manipulated.

BTC, ETH, and LTC all seem like long term ideas that will continue to grow, albeit slowly

I just think the scam coins and the smaller coins are a grand show to pull more money from "kittens" or whatever you call noobs from the middle-class

--------------------
In Peace or Pieces we shall move forward.

Grimm

Edited by McGrimm (01/17/18 11:11 AM)

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: McGrimm]
    #24920666 - 01/17/18 12:44 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:justfuck:

Bitconnect.

I lose.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineMcGrimm
Professor of Peace

Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: HamHead]
    #24920671 - 01/17/18 12:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

dang man.  I heard Bitconnect was a ponzi...

--------------------
In Peace or Pieces we shall move forward.

Grimm

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: HamHead]
    #24920704 - 01/17/18 01:01 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Apparently Bitconnect is a loan sharking crypto: https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/16/bitconnect-which-has-been-accused-of-running-a-ponzi-scheme-shuts-down/

Sorry for your loss man : /

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24920745 - 01/17/18 01:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

BTC has bottomed out and is climbing again. I considered selling but the moves happen so fast that time you get your coin in the price has swung the other way or they won't let you trade. A waste of time. Anyway, I'm in for the long term not for day trading to make a tiny profit.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #24920791 - 01/17/18 01:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Stonehenge: what are you doing with all the forks to BTC? Are you holding or selling? What exchanges do you use?

So far, I've been able to collect BCH, BTG, BTX, SBTC, BTW, and BCD...but I haven't been able to do anything with most of them (BitcoinCash and BitcoinGold are the exceptions).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (01/17/18 01:51 PM)

InvisibleJean-guy Masta
Railyard Ghost
Male

Loc: MT-Hell
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: trendal]
    #24920818 - 01/17/18 02:07 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

@Hamhead

Dont wanna be a dick.. but told you

but tbh sry for your lost man, i myself even considered it.

i follow a dude on IG who had 10k in it, and had made 20k off referral. people raging on his page today :lol:

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #24920842 - 01/17/18 02:15 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jean-guy Masta said:
@Hamhead

Dont wanna be a dick.. but told you

but tbh sry for your lost man, i myself even considered it.

i follow a dude on IG who had 10k in it, and had made 20k off referral. people raging on his page today :lol:

No worries. I considered it a loss anyways. I've made the money I've invested into bitconnect back with other alt coins. Just waiting for btc to rise again to break even I suppose.

It's not a complete loss really, I was refunded my investments in bitconnect token, which I'm planning on moving off of the bitconnect platform onto hitbtc in order to trade it. It's selling at a little over $20, down from  $280
:lolsy:

I'm happy to be a part of it, win lose or draw. Was fun while it lasted.

Those who have been invested into it, and got their money out and into btc, made out.

Bitconnect is talking about refunding people their money if they've invested within the past 2 months.

People say scam, but if that were the case, I don't think they would be refunding anyone. A true scam artist would take the money and run, not say sorry, here's a refund.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Edited by HamHead (01/17/18 02:26 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: trendal]
    #24920870 - 01/17/18 02:30 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Stonehenge: what are you doing with all the forks to BTC? Are you holding or selling? What exchanges do you use?

So far, I've been able to collect BCH, BTG, BTX, SBTC, BTW, and BCD...but I haven't been able to do anything with most of them (BitcoinCash and BitcoinGold are the exceptions).

I haven't done anything yet. BCH can have its own wallet, probably bcg too. Can't get btx now I guess, sbtc is kind of a unicorn. There are other forks too which may or may not be worth something. Btw was not a fork I don't think and I don't know anything about it. There are some worthless forks like silver which may or may not someday be worth something

BCI is coming up and looks better than most of the others. I'm just holding and buying right now, have been using binance mostly, gemini and lbc. When there is panic and blood on the floor that is the time to swoop in and grab coin cheaply from the weak hands of those panicking. Unless your analysis shows that a coin has major weakness which perhaps was not seen before, its best to hodl

BTC saw many collapses in price along the way. People who cashed out their profits or panicked missed the big rises and will miss future gains. So what if an alt goes bust, if you invested in a bunch of them one or two might be a big winner like eth or btc down the road. $100 invested in btc early on would be a pile of money today but only if you let it ride.

@ham, its easy to say you are going to refund, lets see it happen and we will talk

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24921024 - 01/17/18 03:31 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I'm just checking out Bittrex and everything is going back up! I'm going to get rid of my junk coins if they get close to what I bought them for. Then I would like to trade against the dollar if I can find a place. I think Bittrex has a Tether market, but I don't know enough about it yet. It seems like a bad idea to buy alt coins based on BTC price because if the alt you buy becomes the standard cryptocoin then bitcoin value will go way own and you'll kind of cancel yourself out, right?

Invisiblewaves

Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #24921786 - 01/17/18 08:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I could be completely wrong about this, but based on my admittedly small amount of research related to bubbles, I feel like we are recently exiting the "return to normal" stage.

I've got major respect for the people who have the nerve to hodl through this, but I am personally almost totally cashed out and hoping for lower prices soon. :cool:

Of course, it's also possible the price of BTC could sky rocket to 30k tomorrow. So I dunno :lol:

Offlineashfiken
TotalCrazyasshole
Male User Gallery

Loc: SCranton
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #24921793 - 01/17/18 08:27 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No cuz then you have a coin you traded a now worthlessish BTC for that is worth more/the same/less than your initial investment.
Playing ratios it all depends what percentage each coin goes up or down...
The bigger rise on percentage for the coin you bought the better, no matter what BTC does after you trade it.

Cheers

--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: waves] * 1
    #24921810 - 01/17/18 08:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Waves, I understand the feeling of seeing your money vanish but panic selling is usually a mistake. Invest what you can afford to lose and let it ride is my pov. But you do what you gotta do.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: waves] * 2
    #24921829 - 01/17/18 08:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The vast majority of this market is undeniably a bubble, it's not so much having the nerve to hold through it, it's more like just being used to it :lol: The up and downswings crypto can have can be large and fast. Bitcoin has rebounded from "the bubble popping" at least 4 times, each time where that was said was a much higher crash then what was seen over the past few days, it just seems a lot larger due to the numbers being bigger. Percentage wise, not really anything new.

This isn't even close to the worst crash this market has seen and given the time of year it's not exactly unexpected either. I'll still say to trade cautiously especially for the time being, the roller coaster might not be coming to a stop within the next couple days but since it already halted the major crash I'll just guess and say the worst of it has passed at least for a few weeks/couple months when another crash hits.

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency Big Dogs: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Tezos (XTZ) [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #24921844 - 01/17/18 08:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Biggest thing is only investing what you can afford to lose or are okay with losing, once you've made enough take out what you've spent out of pocket and play with profits that way it's not quite as shitty if it all goes to hell.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies