Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Ayahuasca, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

The Church of the Knowledgeable Mushroom (fictional work in progress) * 1
    #24919452 - 01/16/18 11:10 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Fungus is intelligent. There is much evidence that fungi create and maintain many ecosystems in which they exist. Mycelia are the neural network of the plant world.

Psilocybin mushrooms are fungus' way of dealing with the human problem. Greed and anger fuel war and environmental destruction, eating mushrooms can attack those human attributes at the core, and therefore ensure the survival of fungus and life in general by keeping humans from global catastrophe.

The psilocybin compound is an evolutionary development of the fungus, meant specifically to allow for communication between fungus and humans. It allows us to instantly tap into the universal frequency for communication, somewhat misunderstood on earth as DMT. We have not yet evolved enough to navigate or even understand what happens when tapping into the DMT frequency, just as an ape has not yet evolved enough to understand a telephone or the internet. Things happen when they push the buttons, but it is a futile pursuit for them to try to understand the mechanisms, or true meaning of the act.

The message communicated to us is the need for peace and progress, both inside of us and around us. The delivery can be either terrifying or blissful. It knows which one will impact us more and makes no haste in getting down to business. Fungus is the creator of its environment, and is always millennia ahead, this evolution was in progress even before the emergence of the human species. We are simply a tool of fungus to propagate life throughout the universe, as the earth will only bear life for a finite amount of time.

If people don't eat the mushrooms, we will never evolve and one way or another we will destroy life on earth. Either that, or the next plague will be a deadly and contagious fungal infection, intelligently engineered by a species much older and larger than our own, the fungus itself. The human species simply will not continue to exist for much longer unless we all utilize the mushroom. It is peacefully offering us the answer currently, in psilocybin. If we refuse this offering, well, that's it.

:mushroom2: 2 days of being sick with no sleep, mixed with dmt and mushrooms have my brain in an odd place right now :mushroom2:.

brainstorming ideas for a short story

Edited by feevers (02/13/18 02:50 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: feevers] * 2
    #24919908 - 01/17/18 06:33 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The Aztecs ate the mushrooms and then cut out peoples beating hearts.
They think there was at least 10,000 human sacrifices at Montezuma's coronation ceremony, all done on mushrooms.

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: mushpunx]
    #24920134 - 01/17/18 10:27 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

There's an ebb and flow to how it communicates and what its intentions are, throughout history it has evolved genetically. Had the Aztec empire been sane, strong, and fully populated, they very well may have held their own against the Spaniards. The fungus worked to prevent that.

Colonization of the Americas was vital to the plan. The resources, wealth and developments caused by these expansions to the new world led eventually to the creation of technology that now allows us to travel into outer space, a vital step in propogating life throughout the univwrse.

It also opened up travel to South America, meaning eventual increased access to Ayahuasca, which it knew would be helpful in eventually slowing the murderous force of the very capitalism that is necessary to make its goal of space travel possible. Ayahuasca and direct access to the DMT frequency will soon be fairly easily accessible to billions of people.

Mushrooms are currently finding their way into our culture more and more, and are even being studied by the medical community, which as we saw with marijuana is the first step towards sane legislature or even future legalization. Ayahuasca is becoming almost a "fad", its popularity and intrigue is peaking in the west now at an insane rate that seems counter to what the direction of our society seems to be. This is all for a reason, and all part of the plan.

Ancient pyramids are not symbolic, they are the largest up facing arrows on the planet and there as a reminder for us to accomplish our mission of spreading life beyond this planet. These are manifestations of visions ancient people on all corners of the globe received in communicating while tapped into the DMT frequency.

Communication done between species in this frequency is difficult and imperfect in this stage of our evolution, but still powerful enough that if enough of the right people tune in, we can take back enough to prevent the planet from being bombed or polluted into oblivion. The creator of life, the male genitalia, is clearly shaped like a mushroom. Our biggest threat to extinction, the bomb, creates a cloud of death that coincidentally is unmistakenly a mushroom. There's much more going on then we'll probably ever be aware of, and that can be both comforting and terrifying.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: feevers]
    #24920164 - 01/17/18 10:47 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Dude i mean this nicely, but i think you're doin that same thing fundamentalists (like young earth creationists) do.

Starting with a desired meaning, then taking any information and painting it to fit. "It went this way because of god's/mushroom's greater plan" followed ofcourse by "We cant test or really understand cause it's beyond us"

Fun to ponder tho, especially if you been sick and trippin couple days.

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: LtLurker]
    #24920176 - 01/17/18 10:55 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I like it, good read.... And definitely a few things I agree with. Mankind needs to change while there is still time to fix mother Earth..... We have taken anything and everything we "needed" from it and Earth will only put up with it for so long!!!

I myself have gotten these same "teletype" type messages while on mushrooms..... There does seem to be an intelligence behind them.  They want us to stop being so war-like, love each other, help each other, and work towards benefiting the planet.

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24920183 - 01/17/18 10:58 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
Dude i mean this nicely, but i think you're doin that same thing fundamentalists (like young earth creationists) do.

Starting with a desired meaning, then taking any information and painting it to fit. "It went this way because of god's/mushroom's greater plan" followed ofcourse by "We cant test or really understand cause it's beyond us"

Agreed. 

I used to live my entire life doing this shit. I finally realized I was looking at everything way too objectively and thinking I could alone sum it all up. I was only doing so to grapple with the fact that I really don’t know shit about what’s going on. I can only control my own story.

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: NOUS333]
    #24920225 - 01/17/18 11:21 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:

That's sort of what I'm going for.

I've been working on a book of short-stories relating to psychedelics, a mix of fiction/non-fiction, ranging from the fictitious life of an LSD chemist who supplies much of N. America to, well, this. Eventually planning to publish it on the kindle/nook and if anyone actually buys it, give the proceeds to MAPS.

Church of the Knowledgeable Mushroom is the title of the story. I'm not really sure why I felt the need to post it last night, these posts were more of a brainstorm/stream of consciousness while I was in the weird pondering state I love. The ending I'm toying with is that it turns out although the beliefs were not based entirely in truth, a world of therapeutic mushroom users did end up keeping the planet from destruction, and the path taken ends up creating even more questions than the original dogma posed to answer.

Some of it is based on profound experiences I've had on psyche's, and stuff I think is genuinely interesting theorizing, some of it is just doing exactly what you say and assigning meaning where there is none, which is addressed further on in the story. One of the main plot lines is the examination of how humans integrate fallacious beliefs into reality, and its mirrored with the "american dream" and money=success beliefs that encompass many people's lives and causes the conflict in the story.

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: NOUS333]
    #24920233 - 01/17/18 11:28 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:

Agreed. 

I used to live my entire life doing this shit. I finally realized I was looking at everything way too objectively and thinking I could alone sum it all up. I was only doing so to grapple with the fact that I really don’t know shit about what’s going on. I can only control my own story.

Exactly, you alone can't sum up anything. That's why the "out there" theories need to be openly discussed, so people as a community can shoot down the fluff and extract the stuff that actually seems to make sense and have importance... and build upon it.
:cool:

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: LtLurker] * 1
    #24920244 - 01/17/18 11:33 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:

Many people try to fit their own ideas into the scaffolding that society has already ingrained in our heads.

The biggest realization you can have is that there's no external world. Whether or not it's true doesn't matter. It unhinges the doors on your perception

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:
BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24920254 - 01/17/18 11:38 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

LtLurker said:

Many people try to fit their own ideas into the scaffolding that society has already ingrained in our heads.

The biggest realization you can have is that there's no external world. Whether or not it's true doesn't matter. It unhinges the doors on your perception

Can you define external world for me.

Do you mean how most people think about “the world” in a type of hypothetical imaginative external way?

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: feevers]
    #24920261 - 01/17/18 11:40 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Oh ok, so its for a story. Sounds fun. Bouncin stuff around is always fun. From how it was written i thought you had some sincerity in believing that, or workin through a trip-iphany. Good luck with it. :smile:

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24920280 - 01/17/18 11:49 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

But there is an "external world",  -"external" as in "outside of self"..... The physical world. 

(Edit: the things that surround us physically make up part of an "external world" because it is a real, physical world, that exists OUTSIDE of one's self. Proof of this can be seen when we are injured, or feel physical pain from an "external" source. :wink:)

Edited by Threads from God89 (01/17/18 11:53 AM)

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#24920295 - 01/17/18 11:55 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

LtLurker said:

I get the first part, people don't usually shift their beliefs in extremes, but in increments or shifting the model already held.

Second part Im not so sure i understand you. I think you're saying physchedelics have that way of getting you off your current model and think without attachment? I get that, and agree it does help.

I was more trying to address avoiding a common logical fallacy. Holding a belief for bad reasons can turn to making decisions for bad reasons. Or repeating the same mistake on future claims.

OfflinemushboyM
99.99% filtration
 User Gallery

Loc: better trashcan
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24920302 - 01/17/18 11:57 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
But there is an "external world",  -"external" as in "outside of self"..... The physical world. 

:whathesaid:

this place. quote morpheous.

its all about choice. at some point somewhere deep inside our lizard brain we are making such basic choices.
to higher life we must look like a half retarded ant colony being buried in our own waste and pestilence.

as soon as you figure out what those choices are life starts to... not so much make sense .. but you are able to say 'no' quote neo.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: mushboy] * 2
    #24920322 - 01/17/18 12:07 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Two monks were arguing while watching a flag flapping in the wind.
"The flag is moving," argued one monk.
"No, it's the wind that is moving!" insisted the other monk.
Huineng was passing by, and remarked, "It's your minds that are moving."

The external world is a definition. We use it to help communicate. Because its so obviously external to our bodies.
However this is an illusion or at least you can have some faith that it is an illusion. You're inside the world and the world is inside of you if you believe in neurons and the brain/mind hypothesis.

--------------------

Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:

OfflinemushboyM
99.99% filtration
 User Gallery

Loc: better trashcan
    #24920351 - 01/17/18 12:17 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

but in reality the monks were looking at a giant lcd display and had no clue the flag wasnt real.

4k uhd kicks ass
:fonz:

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: mushboy]
    #24920385 - 01/17/18 12:28 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The external world we interact with is seemingly a hallucination caused by information received from our sensory neural interface interpreted based on neurochemistry mixed with past experiences in a brain that is actively filtering out just as much or more information than it is presenting to our conscious and aware state. The brain and neurochemistry itself could be a construct created by whatever the heck consciousness is, that seems about as likely as any other scenario.

:sun:

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: feevers] * 1
    #24920412 - 01/17/18 12:42 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Some of that information stream would be receiving the info that is you yourself existing. Because we exist in this external world. So we're also a hallucination of this external world

The problem is everyone thinks the brain is the organ of consciousness.

--------------------

Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#24920413 - 01/17/18 12:42 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

The external world is a definition. We use it to help communicate. Because its so obviously external to our bodies.
However this is an illusion or at least you can have some faith that it is an illusion. You're inside the world and the world is inside of you if you believe in neurons and the brain/mind hypothesis.

Sure, firing neurons create your model of the world, but comes from an external source. I dont understand how calling it an illusion or helpful or useful.
I kinda like the world is in you thing, reminds me of Krauss if i can paraphrase - We're all made of star dust. Stars died so we can exist. So be happy, we get to be the universe experiencing itself for a brief time.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms are intelligent. They're reaching out to us. [Re: LtLurker] * 1
    #24920417 - 01/17/18 12:44 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

The big bang happened because of you. You didn't happen because of the big bang.

You big banged billions of years ago so that you could exist today.

--------------------

Bod's chat thread
Buy Bod a beer:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Ayahuasca, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience