Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGriNn
Stranger
 User Gallery
Potential Contam? First time PF Tek
    #24916619 - 01/15/18 08:41 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

This is my first time growing, and thus far I've followed the PF Tek to a tee, thanks to the vast resource that is this website. This is day 9 after fruiting. I initially had some pinning on 4 of my 5 cakes while still in the jar (let colonize for ~10 days), and so dunked them for 22 hrs and rolled them afterwards. I saved the pins and they turned into some nice fat ones with pretty thick stems, although I didn't get any new mushies growing aside from the pins. Anyway, I just placed my 5 cakes back into the SGFC from a 14hr dunk yesterday for the second flush after picking the first one 3 days ago.

On some of the cakes I picked (4 of the 5) I've noticed some fuzzy blue(?) growth around where I cut the stem off. Is this just bruising or a potential contam? Please see picks below. I'm worried I maybe didn't take off enough of the old matter before dunking the second time, as I didn't really go over the cakes that well and instead just placed them directly into the dunk.

Any advice/input is greatly appreciated! I'm partially colorblind so this whole spotting mold colors is difficult for me. Also don't have the greatest sense of smell either so it doesn't smell much different to me either, haha. I also wasn't sure whether to post this in the getting started or the mushroom cultivation forum, so I figured I'd err on this side with it being my first post.

Here's a couple pics of the one cake that didn't give me any yield for the first flush. It looks primed for a big one this time around, I really don't want to ruin it by keeping other contaminated cakes next to it!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezacho559
Cookie Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Potential Contam? First time PF Tek [Re: GriNn]
    #24916653 - 01/15/18 08:51 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Im no pro by no means, im gonna lean towards bruising. Try smelling it to see if it has any bitter smells, that can be an indicator.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority.

OfflineRuxBux
WhiskeyTimeMachine
 User Gallery
Loc: Tundra Wasteland
Re: Potential Contam? First time PF Tek [Re: GriNn]
    #24916918 - 01/15/18 10:40 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Just looks like a little bruising.

That new pinset looks great!

OfflineGriNn
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Potential Contam? First time PF Tek [Re: RuxBux]
    #24919053 - 01/16/18 08:36 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Appreciate the input, thanks guys!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started