Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Is there a way to get the CSS files for the shroomery?
    #24906754 - 01/12/18 01:18 AM (9 months, 27 days ago)

The member count is bottoming out and I think most of it has to do with the archaic style of the site. Im willing to work on updating the style sheet and over all look of the board to bring it into 2018. Im into graphic design but my know how when it comes to editing web page is limited. Would it be possible to get a raw skeleton framework for the site so I can fool around with styles and hopefully create something worth implementing?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Re: Is there a way to get the CSS files for the shroomery? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 2
    #24907716 - 01/12/18 01:09 PM (9 months, 26 days ago)

Hey, thanks for your offer to take a crack at a redesign! There's a slightly outdated skeleton stylesheet at https://www.shroomery.org/forums/stylesheets/template.css if you want to start from scratch, although I think the easiest way to actually build a style would be to start with a theme you like, and overwrite the style declarations as necessary using these instructions.

However, we really need more than a superficial redesign. The site has to be updated for mobile compatibility which requires some major changes to the underlying page structure. Existing themes will no longer work without modification (we'll update them, don't worry), and the spec isn't defined yet so it's impossible to actually write code for the new layout at this point in time. If you really want to work on a design that could be a part of the Shroomery for years to come, the best thing you can do right now is bust out Photoshop or Sketch or your design tool of choice and create a mock-up without worrying about the implementation. Ideally, we'd need a mockup for a desktop browser at 1280 x 720, and one for a mobile browser at 540 x 960. We may end up bringing on a professional designer to lend us their expertise, and I can't promise we'll use your design exactly as presented, but we'll listen to feedback and incorporate the elements which receive a good response. Plus, we'll handle the coding so all you have to bring is your creativity and inspiration. I definitely look forward to seeing what you come up with! :cheers:

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Is there a way to get the CSS files for the shroomery? [Re: Ythan]
    #24909181 - 01/13/18 12:09 AM (9 months, 26 days ago)

Thats exactly what I was looking for. It might take me a while to get some rough up's posted (2-3 weeks) but I got some big ideas for what the site can look like. I took a crash course in web design a year back and still have a stack of books laying around so I know what is and isnt possible. Thanks Ythan.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ranch Dressing

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback