Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDemonicTaco
Stranger
DXM 2nd plateau trip report. Should I go for 3rd?
    #24908807 - 01/12/18 09:29 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys. I just wanted to start off by saying that there are probably hundreds of threads like this in here but still getting some personal answers would really make me feel better about the whole thing.

Until 1 week ago, I had no experience with psychedelics whatsoever (Excluding that time I tried shrooms but turns out I'm intolerant and threw them up in 10 mins). I've taken MDMA several times at high and prolonged doses with extraordinary results and regularly smoke up a bowl or two. That's when I decided to try DXM. I ordered some Assured cough relief capsules from ebay that have 15mg of DXM HBR per pill, with no other active or harmful inactive ingredient. Got 30 of them down and braced my self for my first psychedelic trip, a 2nd plateau one as I ingested 450mg, weighing 73kg.

I put on Spirited Away and chilled as much as I could. After about an hour or so I started having the feeling that 'it's about to kick in any moment now'. Got heavy, colors were more vibrant and sounds felt amazing. As the movie went on, the effects got stronger and the movie got weirder. Certain scenes just properly blew my mind and I ended up looping them for numerous times. It was extremely pleasant and I loved the feeling of it.

Still, I found that it kicked in pretty gradually and consistently, so I was not overwhelmed at any point. I was actually thinking every 15 mins or so that this is the peak and I will not feel much more.

Anyway, the movie ends and I'm full-on tripping at this point. I put on my headphones and play Sega Sunset by Lorn, one of my favourite electronic songs, that also has an amazing video clip that couples with the track perfectly. This is where the hallucinations started. Room was dark except for my pc monitor that had the video playing at full screen. And immediately when the song started, I feel like my vision is tugged and my eyes sink inside me. The screen got so far away, my room warped and feeling longer than it was. I'm thinking 'This is awesome'.

I focus mentally and physically on the video and I realize I'm experiencing the video like I am in it. I feel the things I see. This feels awesome. Then I notice that my peripheral vision has drastically changed. While my eyes are focused on the screen, everything around it is out of focus. At that moment, my room changes around me. I see huge living rooms, techno clubs, star ship helms and more settings that I can't remember or describe. I'm also having auditory hallucinations, hearing, feeling and seeing close friends grasping my shoulder and asking me stuff about life, about anything actually.

This is extremely pleasant and I feel extreme euphoria, comparable to an MD high. Moving is out of the question since I do not want to get out of this trance. This keeps on for around 2 to 3 hours, with me changing the videos to trippy visuals, while keeping the same song playing.

I also notice that whenever I focus on the hallucinations, the whole trip goes away, like I'm sobering up. This kind of bums me out since I have to watch everything from the corners of my eyes. Trip continues when I focus on the screen again. Doesn't matter, still awesome.

I realize it's 7am by now so I go to sleep with my headphones still on. Some CEVs but since I was so tired I fell asleep almost instantly. Can remember I had some very vivid lucid dreams. All in all a perfect experience for me.

Woke up perfectly normal, a little jaded but nothing serious. So here's my actual question. During the whole trip, I never had a bad feeling or thought that spiraled out of control. Everything was extremely pleasant and even scary videos looked awesome. It was amazing and it being my first trip ever kind of blew my mind. I'm planning on tripping again in a few weeks. Should I go for a low 3rd plateau dose around 560-600mg? Will it be too overwhelming? I actually yearn for a dissociative experience. I was always researching about meditation, lucid dreams and OBEs and I've read that OBEs are pretty common with DXM. What are your thoughts on this?

I will probably get a 2nd plateau dose for my second trip as well so I can get accustomed to the feelings now that I know what to expect, I just want to know in general if a 3rd plateau trip would be too much for me for a 3rd or 4th trip.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports