Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss?
    #24908515 - 01/12/18 07:44 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

I feel it is to some degree and I think it is essential for anyone to smoke the herb a good number of times.  I have a lot of experience turning kids on to smoking it and I can say without a doubt that it helped solve some of their behavioral problems! 

Edited by sunshine (01/12/18 07:53 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: sunshine]
    #24908586 - 01/12/18 08:09 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

Assuming this is a serious post (lol) I would say oral ganj is way more humbling, ego disrupting and introspective than smoked so I think if nearly everyone who smokes it switched to oral ingestion instead I think people would be less egotistical and it's definitely harder to abuse or be addicted to edibles than smoking. You build a tolerance so fast to edibles that it just wouldn't even make sense to take them all the time. And since you can't take them often they will be more ego disrupting when they are taken.

Offlineagent
come in when its raiinging
Other

Loc: mullberry place
    #24908846 - 01/12/18 09:47 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

yeah, its a must. having come from that "generation" youd consider that the things in our way would never be cleared without it, keep tokin, keep smokin, peace.

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: agent]
    #24908860 - 01/12/18 09:53 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

I started drinking when I was 9 YO so I have no concept of what it's like to be straight.  My mom was raised by communists and let me do whatever I wanted to do!
I agree that a good oral dose is very psychedelic.  Smoking brings out the paranoia and alleviates nerd and geekery.

Offlineagent
Other

#24908868 - 01/12/18 09:56 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

I know man but you can see all of the positive benefits once you get to it.

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

OfflineThe Philosopher
Alumnus

Loc: Far Out
    #24909985 - 01/13/18 09:54 AM (9 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

sunshine said:
I feel it is to some degree and I think it is essential for anyone to smoke the herb a good number of times.  I have a lot of experience turning kids on to smoking it and I can say without a doubt that it helped solve some of their behavioral problems! 

It is a powerful entheogen on its own. Not for everyone, but if you approach it with the intent to enhance meditation and self awareness, you either submit to the transformation and evolve or turn away and flee in terror  :grin:

--------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN-DFEyHXIM

Feel the Power

Edited by The Philosopher (01/13/18 09:57 AM)

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: The Philosopher]
    #24909996 - 01/13/18 10:00 AM (9 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

The Philosopher said:
Quote:

sunshine said:

It is a powerful entheogen on its own. Not for everyone, but if you approach it with the intent to enhance meditation and self awareness, you either submit to the transformation and evolve or turn away and flee in terror  :grin:

Well said, intention is key. There are plenty of people who smoke copious amounts of weed(I can think of a few celebrities as well as friends) and still remain seemingly ignorant and unreflective. Smoking it in my teens definitely led to me choosing a different path in life than I would have if I didn't smoke, and Im grateful for that :sun:

--------------------
use the weird for good!

Offlineagent
Other

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: feevers]
    #24910026 - 01/13/18 10:21 AM (9 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

feevers said:
Quote:

The Philosopher said:
Quote:

sunshine said:

Well said, intention is key. There are plenty of people who smoke copious amounts of weed(I can think of a few celebrities as well as friends) and still remain seemingly ignorant and unreflective. Smoking it in my teens definitely led to me choosing a different path in life than I would have if I didn't smoke, and Im grateful for that :sun:

sums it up well, nothing more to add  :waitwhat:  :whatdidyoudo:

--------------------

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

#24910296 - 01/13/18 12:04 PM (9 days, 10 minutes ago)

How do you have a lot of experience turning kids onto it? Good for you and them, but my first time smoking was at 18. I was never approached about it, but when hanging with a friend of mine, valedictorian at that, I was talked into trying it. Mainly from a scientific perspective, after seeing it's just a plant and understanding how natural, temporary and unharmful it is. Just saying I would not have trusted to try that with just anyone, so those kids must really trust you.

Anyway I totally agree it changed my behavior and mindset right when my ego was solidifying in a selfish way. Pretty sure I'd be a total d-bag or sociopath by now if I hadn't smoked. Although I do notice that I get more into my head when I'm high, so if I'm high throughout the day with people that are sober, it kind of reinforces an isolation or division of my ego that I don't really like. In a way, I feel superior to my peers that are stressing out about little things or not enjoying life as much as they could be.

Offlineagent
Other

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: Icon]
    #24910312 - 01/13/18 12:08 PM (9 days, 6 minutes ago)

yes then it is your calling, and thats how you turn people onto it, simple as that, try it out next time you do that

--------------------

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

#24910437 - 01/13/18 12:36 PM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Cannabis is a fucking joke as a psychedelic.

Most cannabis users out here who are in the "industry" are a bunch of sheltered suburban dipshits.

Cannibis is great, but to put to much thought or time into it is ridiculous, but like I said, most of these people never advanced from the "cannabis is the most amazing thing on earth" phase.
Let me explain: you know how in middle school when you first start smoking cannabis how some kids would think "it's the most awesome thing ever" and got way to obsessed and excited about it?

...imagine an industry that is 90% run by these d-bags.

I mean, there are still are few good people involved, but the industry attracts the greedy and selfish, while those truly passionate about cannabis are usually happy enough just cultivating for themselves and their friends.

Any person with true passion for the plant knows that attempting to incorporate yourself not the industry  is actually for the spoiled and greedy, and usually will simply grow their own, and no, smoking cannabis does not diminish their ego at all. ...look at modern commercial hip-hop, these are the most ego inflated individuals on earth, and they love smoking weed, or look at "juggalos" these people created an ego based on the music of rapping clowns, and they love cannabis.

I think that people have to be special to begin with, if you are already spiritual, or are already philosophical, or are already creative, then cannabis will enhance these things, but it won't generate these attributes in individuals who are naturally devoid of these traits.

And as far as dissolving ego? Cannabis does this To the very most minimum degree, cannabis actually seems To change very little about the core "you", you are still the same person, you are just calmer, and happier, and maybe a little sleepier, but ultimately it doesn't alter the ego like a potent 5HT2a/c agonist psychedelic would.

--------------------
If a person takes action, only doing so knowing that they Will be shielded from any consequences of said actions, by definition that person is a coward, no?

They are afraid of the repercussions of their actions, they do not have the strength or courage to face the repercussions, yet they still think they are worthy to act.

If you are too much of a coward to face the repercussions of your actions it means you did not have the proper strength or courage and hence were not worthy to commit them in the first place.

Offlineagent
Other

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24910444 - 01/13/18 12:37 PM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

yeah, no if you get on the program ive spoken about there, youll find out what sgoing on here, just give it a shot man.

--------------------

OnlineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24910477 - 01/13/18 12:47 PM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Icon said:
How do you have a lot of experience turning kids onto it? Good for you and them, but my first time smoking was at 18. I was never approached about it, but when hanging with a friend of mine, valedictorian at that, I was talked into trying it. Mainly from a scientific perspective, after seeing it's just a plant and understanding how natural, temporary and unharmful it is. Just saying I would not have trusted to try that with just anyone, so those kids must really trust you.

Anyway I totally agree it changed my behavior and mindset right when my ego was solidifying in a selfish way. Pretty sure I'd be a total d-bag or sociopath by now if I hadn't smoked. Although I do notice that I get more into my head when I'm high, so if I'm high throughout the day with people that are sober, it kind of reinforces an isolation or division of my ego that I don't really like. In a way, I feel superior to my peers that are stressing out about little things or not enjoying life as much as they could be.

I’d say your the odd one out here.  Where I’m from everyone started smoking in mid school or early in high school.... nobody I introduced to it was very hesitant at all...I think it has a lot to do with the environment. If you see a lot of people in your community doing it and nothing bad happening to them you are more likely to be open to it yourself. 

I smoked for 11 years and never would of understood what you’ve said about it reinforcing an isolation of your ego but I recently quit for months and went back to it and noticed I was being really guarded the day of and after using it and kind of being a dick...makes me wonder how it was affecting me all those years socially.

With that said I crave going back to it every single day. Since quitting I barely know who I am anymore. And much of my intellectual type hobbies and characteristics seem to not really exist anymore as I’m not as intuitive and mentally present in the same way. It’s kind of like on South Park when towlie has to smoke to remember shit...I feel the same way. 

One thing I’ve noticed regarding ego and pot is pot itself starts to become intertwined with the ego. I never noticed it for 11 years but when I stopped I realized how heavily being a pot user was apart of who I identified as. It might be because it’s illegal or whatever though.  I’m sure if coffee became illegal the drinkers of it might start to over identify themselves with it. But I do believe this over identifying thing is something that’s occuring in many pot smokers and maybe exacerbates use. If it were straight up legal I think people would be more conservative about it all.

The part of me that wants to go back to smoking though believes that the anxiety you get when smoking with no or low tolerance is your mind beginning to observe its self, and people either go through this process or they don’t and become the people you hear talking shit about the effects being horrible. I think it’s just like an anti depressant in a way, that you have to take it for a while for the negative side effects to wear themselves out and the positive effects to become the norm.  I used to wonder what the big deal was about driving high or even driving while smoking...where I’m from that’s just what people do, but once I quit and smoked again I realized how horrible an idea it’d be for me to drive or work or so any responsible thing while in that state, it really has fucked with my prior opinion that it’s just harmless and anybody can handle it.. made me realize everyone isn’t ‘like me’ when it comes to how they handle their cannabis. And deep within me I think that kind of sucks. I feel like the world really would be better if everyone went through the process of raising their tolerance to the point where smoking pot became like smoking a cig

I will say though there’s a separate voice inside me since quitting that questions if it’s psychologically sound to have smoked as much I have and If everyone raising their tolerance like that might just be everyone damaging their natural state for some collectively favorable effect. 

Confusing shit.

Offlineagent
Other

#24910486 - 01/13/18 12:49 PM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

silver threads and golden needles, wouldnt mend no heart of mind.

--------------------

OnlineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24910504 - 01/13/18 12:55 PM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:
Cannabis is a fucking joke as a psychedelic.

Most cannabis users out here who are in the "industry" are a bunch of sheltered suburban dipshits.

Cannibis is great, but to put to much thought or time into it is ridiculous, but like I said, most of these people never advanced from the "cannabis is the most amazing thing on earth" phase.
Let me explain: you know how in middle school when you first start smoking cannabis how some kids would think "it's the most awesome thing ever" and got way to obsessed and excited about it?

...imagine an industry that is 90% run by these d-bags.

I mean, there are still are few good people involved, but the industry attracts the greedy and selfish, while those truly passionate about cannabis are usually happy enough just cultivating for themselves and their friends.

Any person with true passion for the plant knows that attempting to incorporate yourself not the industry  is actually for the spoiled and greedy, and usually will simply grow their own, and no, smoking cannabis does not diminish their ego at all. ...look at modern commercial hip-hop, these are the most ego inflated individuals on earth, and they love smoking weed, or look at "juggalos" these people created an ego based on the music of rapping clowns, and they love cannabis.

I think that people have to be special to begin with, if you are already spiritual, or are already philosophical, or are already creative, then cannabis will enhance these things, but it won't generate these attributes in individuals who are naturally devoid of these traits.

And as far as dissolving ego? Cannabis does this To the very most minimum degree, cannabis actually seems To change very little about the core "you", you are still the same person, you are just calmer, and happier, and maybe a little sleepier, but ultimately it doesn't alter the ego like a potent 5HT2a/c agonist psychedelic would.

Agreed.  Although I’d say that even though a lot of the people in the industry are as you described just greedy and obsessed there are passionate people also and then you have just smart stoner capitalists. Which I guess might fall under greedy for you but I’ve met a number of nice people who love pot who also just love money and know how to get it and don’t feel bad about doing so.

The shit you said about hip hop today is spot on.  Look how many songs are about smoking weed that involve fucking bitches wearing jewelery and drinking expensive alcohol.    It’s also become an egoic trend to be a weed dealer as well...instead of looking at selling pot like your spreading good vibes or something like it used to be it’s now cool for kids to say their ‘slangin elbows’ and shit. I think pot can open a person up to new intellectual heights and being more compassionate and self aware but unfortunately it seems the kids these days are totally ignoring that potential and just get high while doing stupid shit and being stupid people.  It’s kind of like a psych in that regard, you can do mushrooms for example in nature with a pure and focused intention. Or you can do them and go to a club and learn nothing.  Same goes for weed in my opinion.

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: NOUS333]
    #24910699 - 01/13/18 01:51 PM (8 days, 22 hours ago)

I think cannabis is bigger than any music genre and the people that represent it. Cannabis didn't make rap, it didn't inspire hip hop. See reggae for the opposite of the spectrum. Those culture icons are using weed to relate to their base, maybe inappropriately, but that's not canna's fault IMO. They'd be just as raunchy or even more so if they didn't have a joint in hand. At the same time, I think weed gives them permission to enjoy themselves, in the same way a regular person gets permission to veg out, order a pizza and binge some netflix. I think the over-opulence of the hip hop lifestyle is more to do with marketing and capitalism. And with cannabis being illegal, that's a huge opportunity for greedy people to capitalize on. Makes sense that there's some cross-over. Still plenty of dudes that smoke weed and can rap but don't aspire to rule the world and are content with a trade skill lifestyle.

Edited by Icon (01/13/18 01:58 PM)

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

#24910724 - 01/13/18 01:59 PM (8 days, 22 hours ago)

I'm from Hollywood and most kids had a friend or close relative who smoked and they knew about it so they were curious.

Offlineagent
Other

#24910730 - 01/13/18 02:00 PM (8 days, 22 hours ago)

yea it does find you with a little help from our friends.

--------------------

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

#24910798 - 01/13/18 02:29 PM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

My friend went to private school and he would research someone to see if they were down to party and if we got the go ahead we would smoke them out.

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Do you feel ganja is good for ego loss? [Re: NOUS333]
    #24911213 - 01/13/18 05:37 PM (8 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:

Quote:

NOUS333 said:
One thing I’ve noticed regarding ego and pot is pot itself starts to become intertwined with the ego. I never noticed it for 11 years but when I stopped I realized how heavily being a pot user was apart of who I identified as. It might be because it’s illegal or whatever though.  I’m sure if coffee became illegal the drinkers of it might start to over identify themselves with it. But I do believe this over identifying thing is something that’s occuring in many pot smokers and maybe exacerbates use. If it were straight up legal I think people would be more conservative about it all.

Although cannabis does seem to certainly soften the ego and promote compassion and self reflection (like normal psychedelics) it could also paradoxically affect the ego. It could be that THC/Cannabis in ways actually enhances or strengthens some part of the ego like maybe the emotional ego? I'm not sure but I say this because not only do so many terrible people use it but because it's known to have stimulant characteristics and effects so maybe this subliminal effect it has on the ego is due to the stimulant side of the drug.

I know certain dissociatives can enhance peoples' egos as well (like PCP) so maybe there's just a whole lot going on with weed. Some people say it has ego dissolving qualities that are in some cases comparable to the stories you hear with Salvia or Ayahuasca. So it can definitely take a toll on the ego but I think it depends more on context and tolerance of the person.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience