Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
As Above So Below?
    #24908261 - 01/12/18 03:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That's what some of the spiritual teachers say.  So if this world where we are has its joys and beauty it also has horrific pain and suffering both mental and physical. If that is so then all the spiritual realms beyond this must be the same. I remember Carl Jung saying something to the effect that if people think the afterlife is all heavenly they are going to be in for a shock.

What say  you?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (01/12/18 03:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecez
 User Gallery
Re: As Above So Below? [Re: Icelander]
    #24908332 - 01/12/18 04:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

In Tibetan Buddhism, they have six realms of existence.  The realms of hell, hungry ghosts, animals, humans, asuras (jealous gods), and devas (sensuous/pleasurable gods). 

They say, I think, the six realms of existence are six different perceptions of our mind or ways we interact with our stuff or reality, our controlled folly. 

What does any of this mean?  As above so below is also not two nor divided.  Nonduality is the central point of spirituality I think.  Conventions allow for the experience of nonduality and there’s a vast richness of variation in them.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: cez]
    #24908376 - 01/12/18 04:38 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Ya gotta be ready for anything.

--------------------

Offlineagent
come in when its raiinging
Other

Loc: mullberry place
    #24908907 - 01/12/18 08:10 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

yeah life starts at the head of a pen, as it expands, consciousness that is, you see the scale of opposites expands exponentially with it. Eventually nature fixes itself, youll see.

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: As Above So Below? [Re: agent]
    #24908945 - 01/12/18 08:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I am holding out for peace and calm in my afterlife.... A world of Joy, and Pure Love.... Where nothing hurts, and there is warmth and Solice. 

It is a Kingdom called Heaven....... Love this Life, and try and make the most of the gift that it is, because what comes after is unknown.

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Offlineagent
Other

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24908967 - 01/12/18 08:30 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

its not unknown man, you can make yourself into heaven now. you just have to let it light your path. and float upstream

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

Invisibledmnats
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: the toilet
    #24909014 - 01/12/18 08:53 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If God loves us, wouldnt this be hell? Think about it, would a loving parent physically harm their child 24/7? If whatever up there has all those crazy kind of powers, couldnt it have placed us on here to suffer "softly" and slowly? When a country wants someone to suffer, they place them in jail for life. Its more painful to live than to be dead. When you die, theres only a moment. When youre alive, you slowly rot away. Isnt it obvious we are programmed to suffer and feel pain? Thats probably why humans love opioids so much-it kills the pain. I hate to be so mellow dramatic, but i feel like a loving god would put us in a tolerable hell. Nothing here is perfect, literally. I think heaven must feel like MDMA 24/7 (not that ive ever tried it).

Offlineagent
Other

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: dmnats]
    #24909021 - 01/12/18 08:56 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

true love circulating through your body is like an infinite orgasm and thats what it feels like, you come to understand that you are a piece of fruit in nature, you are cosmicological and secrete nectar of nature, you are all of everything combined into perfect harmony, 100% perfect, the perfect being, the fruit of the cosmos, the creation of god.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#24909057 - 01/12/18 09:11 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
I am holding out for peace and calm in my afterlife.... A world of Joy, and Pure Love.... Where nothing hurts, and there is warmth and Solice. 

Wouldn't that be nice. Especially after all this.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#24909065 - 01/12/18 09:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dmnats said:
If God loves us, wouldnt this be hell? Think about it, would a loving parent physically harm their child 24/7? If whatever up there has all those crazy kind of powers, couldnt it have placed us on here to suffer "softly" and slowly? When a country wants someone to suffer, they place them in jail for life. Its more painful to live than to be dead. When you die, theres only a moment. When youre alive, you slowly rot away. Isnt it obvious we are programmed to suffer and feel pain? Thats probably why humans love opioids so much-it kills the pain. I hate to be so mellow dramatic, but i feel like a loving god would put us in a tolerable hell. Nothing here is perfect, literally. I think heaven must feel like MDMA 24/7 (not that ive ever tried it).

This certainly isn't what I'd create for beings that I loved. 
I've done MDMA many times. The first time I did it alone in a dark bedroom with no music and warm temps naked on a bed with a full length body pillow.  Two hits of pure MDMA and I'd never done it before. The first six hours or so of that experience is the highpoint of my life.  I felt nothing but love and pure bliss far,far,far above and beyond anything I'd ever felt before or since.

I could do that 24/7 for eternity.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (01/12/18 09:18 PM)

Offlineagent
Other

#24909068 - 01/12/18 09:18 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

yeah its fucking awesome man

--------------------

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
    #24909098 - 01/12/18 09:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

maybe the afterlife (for some) isn't hellfire and brimstone..  but rather cold, dark, nothingness.  I think that might be where people who commit suicide go. to a lonely, horrible inter-realm of nothingness forever that sounds also like a lighter version of hell.

I would like to avoid all of that.  you do that by simply accepting Gods gift and sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. is the most important thing a person will ever do in their lifetime.  So that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.  there is nothing, NOTHING more important than where you will spend eternity.

and really now, logically what does a person have to lose? Lets say you die, and it turns out he doesnt exist, you still will have lived a good life.  In accepting Christ you lose nothing, you actually gain by having insight and understanding because the Holy spirit will dwell within you.  It is your helper, and it is the beginning of knowledge and understanding.  I know he is real.  And how wonderful it is to KNOW something.  Because I dont know anything else to be true.  Everything here seems to be a giant fucking lie.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Offlineagent
Other

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: sprinkles]
    #24909103 - 01/12/18 09:30 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:
maybe the afterlife (for some) isn't hellfire and brimstone..  but rather cold, dark, nothingness.  I think that might be where people who commit suicide go. to a lonely, horrible inter-realm of nothingness forever that sounds also like a lighter version of hell.

I would like to avoid all of that.  you do that by simply accepting Gods gift and sacrifice of his son Jesus Christ. is the most important thing a person will ever do in lifetime.  So that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.  there is nothing, NOTHING more important than where you will spend eternity.

and really now, logically what does a person have to lose? Lets say you die, and it turns out he doesnt exist, you still will have lived a good life.  In accepting Christ you lose nothing, you actually gain by having insight and understanding because the Holy spirit will dwell within you.  It is your helper, and it is the beginning of knowledge and understanding.  I know he is real.  And how wonderful it is to KNOW something.  Because I dont know anything else to be true.  Everything here seems to be a giant fucking lie.

preach

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #24909161 - 01/12/18 09:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I imagine that if there are realms beyond this one, they are extremely complex, and I'm sure there would be some sort of hierarchy. With God at the top, presumably, and many lesser gods as you descend. Possibly all of the gods you've heard about exist somehow, somewhere, and they have an innumerable number of duties and tasks. Take Earth. A lot of people work very hard just to keep civilization afloat. If they didn't, everything would collapse. I imagine infinity is probably similar. Nature exists on a principle of necessity and contingency. It doesn't need God in order to function. But -- what if something went wrong that, if corrected, would save an entire galaxy? Wouldn't you want a team of gods to fix it? I personally have to wonder how human civilization survived the Cold War. I imagine there were multiple interventions from on high, given some of the stories I've been told by people who lived it, e.g. a submarine commander who taught physics at my high school. That sort of thing.

Tl;dr: I imagine that, if a next life presents itself, all that will be waiting for us is hard work. Not paradise.

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

Offlineagent
Other

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #24909199 - 01/12/18 10:22 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

nice analogy, im sure most of us has been at work for some time, rather we know it or not :wink:

--------------------

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#24909842 - 01/13/18 05:28 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

As above so below. Micocosmos and Macrocosmos. Two triangles intersecting to form a six pointed star. Venerated by magicians and spiritual adherents alike. We as a microcosmos are a manifestation of the universe at large. Those laws that keep the universe in motion effect us as well.

I like the idea. It makes me feel like I'm part of a much greater picture. Yet I can overlook human ideologies like gods, demigods, angels, demons etc. Many would argue this point choosing to bring our human myths into this equation. Planetary and cosmic forces are the constant in the "as above so below" theme for me.

The same symbol of the six pointed star is also used to represent male and female in union. So that's tangible for me as well. Unicursal hexagram is another manifestation of that symbol. That symbol being used by the O.T.O. and a Gurdjieff group as well. That's food for thought depending on how you view Crowley's ideas compared to Gurdjieff's.

I choose not to judge bearing in mind that we humble beings are just a tiny fragment of this universal "as above so below" idea.

Offlineagent
Other

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: Heyowana]
    #24909845 - 01/13/18 05:30 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

very interesting analitical point of view into your cosmic energy sir

--------------------

Invisibledmnats

#24909971 - 01/13/18 07:31 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I was trying to say that we are already placed in hell. Like we had past lives and this is our hell.

Buddhism believes that the karma that ripens during your death determines where you'll be placed in the six realms. But your main goal as a Buddhist  is to stop reincarnating forever, to never feel and exist ever again. They believe change is our main source of suffering.

I feel like all the arrows are pointing towards the fact that we currently live in hell! I mean there's happiness and joy, and you can try n' control your mind as much as you want. But at the end of the day, pain and suffering usually contradict those feelings, and you feel content rather than that MDMA joy, am I right? Nothing is perfect here. The human race cant even draw a perfect circle! Everything is programmed not to be perfect. Im not the kind of guy whos a Debby Downer; i'm just completely honest to myself. What evidence proves we're not in hell already? If this is hell, then hats of to our God, because he must truly love us. Its a lot better/ a lot more of a mind fuck than burning 24/7 lol

Offlineagent
Other

#24910020 - 01/13/18 08:19 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

this is not hell, hell is eternal fire and suffering, you dont see fire do you? also this is nature, and nature always returns to her pristine state, whether we like her to or not, she is all knowing, and she fixes itself, with the help of us we keep nature alive, and her us.

--------------------

Invisibledmnats

Re: As Above So Below? [Re: agent]
    #24910148 - 01/13/18 09:20 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Why do you believe in that though? I think a God could be a bit more creative with the torturing. He gives us the pleasures of "nature" just to tease us. We "suffer" for 70 or so years and then repeat through reincarnation. Not saying im right or anything, its a total long shot, but why not think outside of the box? If we're made in his image, then im sure he'd be more creative and devious than burning us forever. I dont want to believe we're in hell, but im sure as hell (hehe) not gonna leave that out of the equation. But who knows? All that matters, i guess, is what you feel at that very last moment. Its your one and only moment out of the millions you've experienced and there's no going back. I say stay confident at that last moment, and what happens after is out of our clueless hands.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom