Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? * 1
    #24908202 - 01/12/18 03:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

An honest question for Trump supporters or just people who generally like the direction he is taking with America. Why do you think he is a good president and the right choice? And what are you most and least proud of the things he has said and done.

I’m a liberal republican (I’m still a registered republican) and I’ve been vocal about the things I think are terrible for the presidency or the country and when I think he is right I’m not afraid to speak up about it  ie: Strengthing the V.A. having some immagration policy(even if I think it’s overboard) and a few other things like suggesting term limits in the senate. So I don’t think it’s black and white and I honestly want to hear what and why supporters think Trump is doing a good job. And if you say “the Dow Jones is up” I’d like to hear how you think that makes your particular life better.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 3
    #24908225 - 01/12/18 03:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Well it would be unAmerican to say there are bad presidents.

I think Trump is a bad person.  I would hate to be related to him.  He has 100% of the qualities I throroughly disagree with in any man.

As a leader it's going to be a mystery.  I think he will allow the military to screw themselves worldwide, as they did in Vietnam.

His ego defences are as strong as they are obvious.  His world view is hopeless.  He has the qualities that could gring down any empire, any empire he is authority over.

He never accepts his ways.  He acts like he accepts his ways as being perfect, but never acknowledges wrong doing.  He's pretty much God to himself.

He brings far too much personal baggage with him to actually see real world issues, let alone any resolve.

The only thing the GOP want to resolve is the bible or their interpretation of it, being law.  No different than if USA was a muslim nation under the koran.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Edited by Morel Guy (01/12/18 03:29 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24908245 - 01/12/18 03:33 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

1. Tariffs-  fail.

2. Tax cut for middle-class- fail.

3. Immigration- fail.

4. Trade deficits- fail.

5. Health care- fail.

6. Infrastructure investment- fail.

7. Foreign policy- fail.

8. Trolling liberals on social issues- pass.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: qman]
    #24908256 - 01/12/18 03:36 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I am surprised he hasn't bragged and embelished his sperm's potential.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24908518 - 01/12/18 05:45 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
I am surprised he hasn't bragged and embelished his sperm's potential.

What about all the hopelessly underqualified kids he's got in office?

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: qman]
    #24908584 - 01/12/18 06:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
1. Tariffs-  fail.

2. Tax cut for middle-class- fail.

3. Immigration- fail.

4. Trade deficits- fail.

5. Health care- fail.

6. Infrastructure investment- fail.

7. Foreign policy- fail.

8. Trolling liberals on social issues- pass.

This is incredibly spot on imo lol

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Kryptos]
    #24910109 - 01/13/18 09:00 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Over privileged kids.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24911387 - 01/13/18 05:07 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

He is a loudmouth and often sounds like a jerk. He has appointed some awful people to high office. That being said he has done some good things

1. reformed tax law - we will see how it plays out but sounds good
2. started closing the door on more leeches coming in - every other country has a merit based system while we take all the bums
3. progress on the wall
4. made kim back down
5. no more one sided trade relationships

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineC12H16N20
O G
Male User Gallery

Loc: can't get there from here...
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24911396 - 01/13/18 05:13 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Being a non politician and going against the "system"(just like us).

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #24911403 - 01/13/18 05:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
he has done some good things

What sounds good about it to you?  Massive tax cuts for billionaires that will increase the debt by $1.5 trillion?  Serious question.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: C12H16N20]
    #24911410 - 01/13/18 05:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

C12H16N20 said:
Being a non politician and going against the "system"(just like us).

Exactly. And that is why the establishment: media, obama holdovers, crooked politicians and the far left who support the establishment hate him.

He is far from the ideal president but is turning the ship around toward the right direction. Naturally those who profit from the old bad ways do not want any change. Now if we could just get him to wise up a little about pot and quit backing isreal so much it would be much better.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge] * 3
    #24911437 - 01/13/18 05:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

He is the result and now figurehead of a failed system born of the very "establishment" that you are talking about.

He was one of the ultimate profiteers of the "old bad ways" and will do no more than entrench the staus qou.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: pineninja]
    #24911542 - 01/13/18 06:13 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pineninja said:
He is the result and now figurehead of a failed system born of the very "establishment" that you are talking about.

He was one of the ultimate profiteers of the "old bad ways" and will do no more than entrench the staus qou.

He profited by the old system, yes. To go from that to say he will entrench the "staus qou" I guess that is status quo, is quite a leap since he has been doing the opposite. If he had gone along with all the nwo and media demands, they would be singing his praises just like that sellout obama and shrub before him and clinton before him, etc.

Better a loud mouth ass who does 70% things right and 30% wrong than an ass who does 70% wrong like the others mentioned even if they were smooth and never said anything not pc. You go with the bad choice rather than the worse choice since you never get a good choice.

--------------------

Onlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge] * 2
    #24912815 - 01/14/18 07:13 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

pineninja said:

He profited by the old system, yes. To go from that to say he will entrench the "staus qou" I guess that is status quo, is quite a leap since he has been doing the opposite.

It seems this statement contrasts with your earlier claim that "Naturally those who profit from the old bad ways do not want any change." How do you reconcile the two? Many people also considered Obama to have been a positive force for change, but I'm sure you would say that those people were duped. Is it not also possible that you are being duped? Why do you believe Donald acts contrary to his nature?

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: pineninja]
    #24913615 - 01/14/18 01:53 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

pineninja said:

The GOPS is regrettably the status quo.  Even if someone is not GOP, they tend to have been influenced by that sort of backwards thinking.

It's all about a system of continuing the war machine.  I don't find the trade deals were one sided.  If anything they are going to be more one sided for big biz that is more GOP oriented.

Democrats don't start wars as Republicans do.  They also invest more into social programs and advancing schools of modern up to date thought.  GOP wants to go back to crucifying people.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #24913941 - 01/14/18 04:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

>It seems this statement contrasts with your earlier claim that "Naturally those who profit from the old bad ways do not want any change." How do you reconcile the two?

Its like when you say conservatives do x y and z when we all know just some do.

>Many people also considered Obama to have been a positive force for change

Many democrats and those on the far left, I think you mean. What did he change in a positive way? The bailout while letting home owners lose their homes? That was positive change? It was change yes.

MG
>The GOPS is regrettably the status quo

Also the dems, they do not want any change at all which is why they and many gop are against trump.

--------------------

Onlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge] * 3
    #24914079 - 01/14/18 04:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I understand that you believe Donald Trump departs from the behavior of your average profiteer of the "old bad ways", but you missed the important question asking why:

Is it not also possible that you are being duped? Why do you believe Donald acts contrary to his nature?

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #24914184 - 01/14/18 05:37 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Of course its possible, we get lied to all the time. I'm just saying judging by his actions and not by his tweets, he is doing about 70% right and only 30% wrong. He pushed kim to the bargaining table, reformed tax law and a few other things. We still have to see how they play out, if kim starts firing nukes people will say obama's policy of paying him to be good was best, even though it wasn't. If kim signs a fair deal and keeps it, they will still say it was because of obama, lol

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #24914205 - 01/14/18 05:45 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
He pushed kim to the bargaining table

You have it backwards, actually.

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
reformed tax law

Reform implies an improvement.  Tax cuts for billionaires at a cost of $1.5 trillion in debt isn't an improvement.

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
if kim starts firing nukes people will say obama's policy of paying him to be good was best, even though it wasn't.

Why, because you prefer having nukes fired at you???

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineSlightly stupid
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24914330 - 01/14/18 06:24 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

As a person hes beem known to screw people over an run them out of business back in the 80s when he was getting help from the mafia. An trump is now going after a our medical marijuana now. He's pretty connsitant liar as well that's why the FIB wants his head now.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge] * 2
    #24914400 - 01/14/18 06:54 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Of course its possible, we get lied to all the time. I'm just saying judging by his actions and not by his tweets, he is doing about 70% right and only 30% wrong. He pushed kim to the bargaining table, reformed tax law and a few other things. We still have to see how they play out, if kim starts firing nukes people will say obama's policy of paying him to be good was best, even though it wasn't. If kim signs a fair deal and keeps it, they will still say it was because of obama, lol

We will see how it works out. You say he brought him to the table I say Trump was a huge pressuring factor to make the North Koreans test as many missles as they have in such a small amount of time and even if he backs away on the arms race there is still genocide and horrible famine and he is still king bitch over there short of a ground invasion.

I’m not sure Kim would have tested any missles if the dems won. In fact I’m confident dems wouldn’t have touch North Korea with a 40 foot pole. Which may not have been great either but I certainly don’t think it’s over or that they are any more willing for peace then the last 60-70 years. Their core belief revolves around nuclear power and we don’t want them to have any nuclear power. It’s not going to be easy .

Then there is tax cuts which haven’t had nearly enough time to understand what it might mean for us 5 years down the line. I personally wager corporations will thrive and employment/pay will stay the same.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #24914437 - 01/14/18 07:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

He is not Hillary. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #24914798 - 01/14/18 11:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

My situation is not hilarious.

Icelander claims I'm not becoming god, IDK WTF to think anymore.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 1
    #24914866 - 01/15/18 01:15 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

He's a great president for making a mockery of the office. He is just as silly as the idea of someone being in charge of a geographical area portioned off with invisible made up lines. He is just as ridiculous as the social contract. He is an accurate reflection. A chemical reaction that needs to happen

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #24915227 - 01/15/18 08:29 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
he has done some good things

What sounds good about it to you?  Massive tax cuts for billionaires that will increase the debt by $1.5 trillion?  Serious question.

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
He pushed kim to the bargaining table

You have it backwards, actually.

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
reformed tax law

Reform implies an improvement.  Tax cuts for billionaires at a cost of $1.5 trillion in debt isn't an improvement.

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
if kim starts firing nukes people will say obama's policy of paying him to be good was best, even though it wasn't.

Why, because you prefer having nukes fired at you???

bump

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: relic]
    #24915339 - 01/15/18 09:39 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

It's a narcissistic office.  Then with Trump in it we shall really see the pitfalls of the power of the office.

Not one President was really humble and survived the office.  It's takes an egocentric narcissism to survive the office and make it work.  That's the best humanity has created so far.

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Morel Guy] * 2
    #24915567 - 01/15/18 11:56 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The men and women who would make a truly great president would have no desire to run for office. It's a Catch 22.

--------------------

InvisibleTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #24915584 - 01/15/18 12:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Well it would be unAmerican to say there are bad presidents.

See, where I stand, it would be "un-American" to say that there are any "good" presidents.  They're all just puppets/mouthpieces anyway :cuteshit:

Edited by TheStallionMang (01/25/18 07:55 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: TheStallionMang]
    #24916601 - 01/15/18 06:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Due to Trump's comments about shithole countries 

Haiti, El Salvador and parts of Africa are cutting off all foreign aid to the United States.

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24916643 - 01/15/18 06:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:lmafo:

Offlinegoodman1
Stranger
    #24916652 - 01/15/18 06:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
started closing the door on more leeches coming in - every other country has a merit based system while we take all the bums

really we take in all the bums?
you mean children from war torn or impoverished countries? haha fucking asshole man.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: goodman1]
    #24916737 - 01/15/18 07:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

goodman1 said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
started closing the door on more leeches coming in - every other country has a merit based system while we take all the bums

really we take in all the bums?
you mean children from war torn or impoverished countries? haha fucking asshole man.

There's billions of impoverished children, should we let them all in the US?

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #24917782 - 01/16/18 09:01 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
The men and women who would make a truly great president would have no desire to run for office. It's a Catch 22.

Do we actually need a president in the first place? Well.. in "the first place" of course we did, but these days rather, perhaps a single figurehead is antiquated. Our democracy is clearly broken, but with modern communication and a functioning democracy/republic I feel that a president really may even be holding us back. All decisions would, at least arguably, be better made by committee/a democratic process than relying on a single hopefully informed and rational person being the deciding factor. I see little to no advantage in this day and age.

OfflineMushiesAreVegan
Anarchomycologist
Male

Loc: rojava
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: goodman1] * 1
    #24917896 - 01/16/18 09:53 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

The leeches are already in the US, and the top leech is in office right now. The leeches are the owning class, not the poor wretches who want to have a better live.

Also, you claim that every other country has a merit based system, except the us. So does that mean that nowhere is there incompetence in office except the us?
I agree with you that trump didnt get in there by merit, but so did many more worldwide in this hereditary oligarchy

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: MushiesAreVegan]
    #24917938 - 01/16/18 10:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushiesAreVegan said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

The leeches are already in the US, and the top leech is in office right now. The leeches are the owning class, not the poor wretches who want to have a better live.

Also, you claim that every other country has a merit based system, except the us. So does that mean that nowhere is there incompetence in office except the us?
I agree with you that trump didnt get in there by merit, but so did many more worldwide in this hereditary oligarchy

Lets kick out all the rich and bring in all the poor of the world, then we can officially be a shithole.:facepalm:

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24917982 - 01/16/18 10:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Also, you know, the US very much does have a merit based system. We have a merit system as well as a 'lottery.' The former if you meet the requirements, based on merit, you are granted citizenship. Shocking, right? The lottery is to give a chance to those who do not meet the requirements, we accept a certain number every year and of those who apply they are, as the name implies, drawn from a lottery. Most jobs that are actually in demand and pay well are taken by those who are accepted on merit. Is that surprising to any critical thinkers out there? It shouldn't be unless you aspire to bag groceries for a living.

OfflineMushiesAreVegan
Anarchomycologist
Male

Loc: rojava
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: qman] * 2
    #24918173 - 01/16/18 12:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

MushiesAreVegan said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

Lets kick out all the rich and bring in all the poor of the world, then we can officially be a shithole.:facepalm:

how about we guillotine the rich and then just divy up their assets? we dont need to live in poverty, there is food and shelter for everyone. The reason that large parts of the world live in poverty now is because we are really, really bad at allocating resources, not because poverty is inherent.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: MushiesAreVegan]
    #24918256 - 01/16/18 01:04 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushiesAreVegan said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

MushiesAreVegan said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

how about we guillotine the rich and then just divy up their assets? we dont need to live in poverty, there is food and shelter for everyone. The reason that large parts of the world live in poverty now is because we are really, really bad at allocating resources, not because poverty is inherent.

"divy up their assets"

Who's going to be in charge of dividing up the "assets" equally?  Most of the time those people enrich themselves and the same situation occurs, it's called human greed. 

"not because poverty is inherent"

Having children that aren't affordable is the key issue to poverty, just ask Africa.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: qman] * 1
    #24918471 - 01/16/18 02:40 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You don't have to ask Africa, literally half of the US can't afford kids but we still manage to breed like Catholics after lent.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #24918607 - 01/16/18 03:33 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I find that a lot of people starting out in life are not always big fans of big biz.  President Trump and the Govt tend to favor big biz.  They are easier to control/influence, and the govt tends to be dependent on those.  Never mind even all the behind closed doors talk and back scratching.

But it's hard to get into the biz world with such giants out there.  There is little compassion in America.  Lot's of young people sitting around, scratching their heads.  I think a lot of older people as well.

Big biz and their cozy relations with legislature devour many a souls. 

My predicament is felons are the new slaves.  Worse off than many young people and many are heading down the same path.

Nothing will change.  Folks make to much money

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Morel Guy] * 2
    #24918860 - 01/16/18 05:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Something will change, eventually. I think that change will come from people no longer seeing the illusion that hard work gets you to the top (Now it takes three generations of hard work to get there). Or maybe some extinction level event, due to disease, environment, or plain 'ol people like me that think you need to earn a minimum of $100,000 a year (future readers, adjust for inflation. The time stamp is below) to have kids.

Option one leads to revolution. New people in charge, same system. We've done that plenty of times before. Hell, presidential elections are basically controlled revolutions without (as much) violence.

Option two leads to the system collapsing under its own weight, because our system is built on the backs of the poor, and our system has a very vested interest in keeping the poor around. We just need that balance of enough poors to extract money from, but not enough that they start collaborating.

I think this is a big driving factor behind abortion bans and limited birth control in the modern world. Sure, there's the rabble that buy the biblical excuse, but there's gotta be a lot of people up top that know having a kid young and middle class is a great way to end up in the slums. And they still try to ban your ability to stop pumping them out. Bit like that anti-LGBT senator that got caught banging another dude. You think an upstanding republican senator's daughter doesn't get abortions or birth control? Hell yeah they do. They know how dangerous a kid is when you're 17 to your financial and social well-being. They see the people in the neighborhoods where they roll up the windows and lock the doors and take the safeties off their guns.

When everyone is special, noone is.

Edited by Kryptos (01/16/18 05:16 PM)

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: MushiesAreVegan] * 1
    #24920409 - 01/17/18 10:40 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushiesAreVegan said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

MushiesAreVegan said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:

That sounds absolutely pathetic. Only a loser would suggest something so stupid. Instead of killing people that are doing better than you, why dont you dont get a skill or an education, and make something out of yourself.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: MagicMush123]
    #24920602 - 01/17/18 12:15 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You should tell that to the growing number of anti-semites around here.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: koods]
    #24921302 - 01/17/18 05:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Why is antisemitism allowed here?

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #24921338 - 01/17/18 05:18 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

What is anti-Christianity allowed here?

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

#24921343 - 01/17/18 05:22 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

Why are you allowed here?

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #24921443 - 01/17/18 06:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

Why is the universe and consciousness allowed here?  :cookiemonster:

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

#24921507 - 01/17/18 06:32 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

Why is the universe and consciousness allowed here?  :cookiemonster:

Why not

--------------------

OfflineVroomerMcZoomers
"This user is a dumbass"
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Cosmic_Flame] * 3
    #24922698 - 01/18/18 09:36 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I think Tump is a good president because he represents everything the USA has become.  Fat, deceitful, out of touch, sanctimonious, dangerous, miserly, and painful to contemplate.

--------------------

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.  -Noam Chomsky

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: VroomerMcZoomers]
    #24923730 - 01/18/18 05:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with except the 'Tump is a good president because' part

fixed it

I think he represents everything the USA has become.  Fat, deceitful, out of touch, sanctimonious, dangerous, miserly, and painful to contemplate.

None of which make's this clown great.

Edited by sweeper54 (01/18/18 05:10 PM)

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: sweeper54] * 2
    #24923853 - 01/18/18 05:48 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

President reflects the face of the country.

And while some countries might be "shitholes" that's only cause our country is an asshole that has been shitting everywhere and on everything.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Kryptos]
    #24924098 - 01/18/18 07:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinesweeper54
Male User Gallery

#24924147 - 01/18/18 07:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
President reflects the face of the country.

And while some countries might be "shitholes" that's only cause our country is an asshole that has been shitting everywhere and on everything.

This Asshole only inspires hate, he HAS to win and everyone else has to lose.

The second line I totally agree with. We have tried to exploit the rest of the world.

Offlinewoodtick
Stranger
Male

Loc: the Lake
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: sweeper54] * 1
    #24933515 - 01/22/18 10:45 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

President Trump sees things through a different eye. He is not a politician. But He's been here, Born in 1946, he's seen a lot of different Presidents and their ways within the political parties through America's up and Downs. Trump's values heavily motivate his political moves. Give thanks to GOD and protect your people, with Military and Borders, while allowing infrastructural growth from profitable global exchange. President Trump is American, He will Always Put America First. He may carry himself in a manner some don't agree with and his shoot from the cuff press conferences may not be necessary, but hey, GoD put the man in office that America needed. I'll support any President of any Party as so as my American Birth Certificate/ Social Security card has greater Merit than any Foreign Visa/ Green Card. BRING IT BACK- MAGA..

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: woodtick]
    #24933782 - 01/22/18 12:55 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You really think that trump cares about anything except himself? He only talks about the good HE'S doing. How popular HE is. His ratings.

I'm still kinda shocked when someone like yourself seems to be so completely oblivious to his motivations and intents.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: koods] * 1
    #24933802 - 01/22/18 01:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
You really think that trump cares about anything except himself? He only talks about the good HE'S doing. How popular HE is. His ratings.

I'm still kinda shocked when someone like yourself seems to be so completely oblivious to his motivations and intents.

No dude, didn't you just hear him? Trump is directed by GOD. You wouldn't doubt GOD would you?

Offlinewoodtick
Stranger
Male

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: krypto2000]
    #24935224 - 01/23/18 12:20 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Could you please explain President Trump's motivations and intents so one may understand due to being oblivious to it all. Woody can only go by what actions have been taken in relation to what was proposed during the campaign.

--------------------

Offlinewoodtick
Stranger
Male

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #24935298 - 01/23/18 02:21 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Something will change, eventually. I think that change will come from people no longer seeing the illusion that hard work gets you to the top (Now it takes three generations of hard work to get there). Or maybe some extinction level event, due to disease, environment, or plain 'ol people like me that think you need to earn a minimum of $100,000 a year (future readers, adjust for inflation. The time stamp is below) to have kids.

Option one leads to revolution. New people in charge, same system. We've done that plenty of times before. Hell, presidential elections are basically controlled revolutions without (as much) violence.

Option two leads to the system collapsing under its own weight, because our system is built on the backs of the poor, and our system has a very vested interest in keeping the poor around. We just need that balance of enough poors to extract money from, but not enough that they start collaborating.

I think this is a big driving factor behind abortion bans and limited birth control in the modern world. Sure, there's the rabble that buy the biblical excuse, but there's gotta be a lot of people up top that know having a kid young and middle class is a great way to end up in the slums. And they still try to ban your ability to stop pumping them out. Bit like that anti-LGBT senator that got caught banging another dude. You think an upstanding republican senator's daughter doesn't get abortions or birth control? Hell yeah they do. They know how dangerous a kid is when you're 17 to your financial and social well-being. They see the people in the neighborhoods where they roll up the windows and lock the doors and take the safeties off their guns.

Working your way up the latter to the top through hard work has never been an illusion , it was Cooperate America when people worked for a pension, putting in 30+ years and retiring from the same company. The pensions of today are cut and supplemented with social security after forced early retirement, Bringing in the new wave of Independent retirement plans through entrepreneurship. Where small businesses grow and buy into larger corporations. So instead of working for Corporate America , you now work for yourself, setting the ground work for the next generation with a nest egg of plenty.

IIRC this was the only revolution

The American Revolution was a colonial revolt that took place between 1765 and 1783. The American Patriots in the Thirteen Colonies won independence from Great Britain, becoming the United States of America. Wikipedia
End date:

I can agree with you that the government system is carried by the people, but you have the wrong people's strapped, it's the blue collar worker busting his ass in a six day work week paying in 38% of their gross in taxes. These poor people you speak of are sucking on the welfare tit that's funded by that 38%. The poor aren't going anywhere,why would they give up free money?¿ Just as the American workers will continue to get up everyday go to work because that's how they feed their families.

And I'm pretty well certian there are a multitude of politicians that are hypocritical when it comes to their personal families versus their political views. The only reasoning behind such is to save face in front of Corporate America. That Republican senator has plenty of money to care for his daughter and her child, but doesn't want Washington to know,so. Call it what you may , it sounds to me like your a boarder line communist Socialist. Everybody equal no matter your background. Get a grip on how it is in CAPITALISM. Mad at the system because IT WON'T GIVE YOU MORE!!

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: woodtick] * 1
    #24935433 - 01/23/18 05:29 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

woodtick said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:

Working your way up the latter to the top through hard work has never been an illusion , it was Cooperate America when people worked for a pension, putting in 30+ years and retiring from the same company. The pensions of today are cut and supplemented with social security after forced early retirement, Bringing in the new wave of Independent retirement plans through entrepreneurship. Where small businesses grow and buy into larger corporations. So instead of working for Corporate America , you now work for yourself, setting the ground work for the next generation with a nest egg of plenty.

IIRC this was the only revolution

The American Revolution was a colonial revolt that took place between 1765 and 1783. The American Patriots in the Thirteen Colonies won independence from Great Britain, becoming the United States of America. Wikipedia
End date:

I can agree with you that the government system is carried by the people, but you have the wrong people's strapped, it's the blue collar worker busting his ass in a six day work week paying in 38% of their gross in taxes. These poor people you speak of are sucking on the welfare tit that's funded by that 38%. The poor aren't going anywhere,why would they give up free money?¿ Just as the American workers will continue to get up everyday go to work because that's how they feed their families.

And I'm pretty well certian there are a multitude of politicians that are hypocritical when it comes to their personal families versus their political views. The only reasoning behind such is to save face in front of Corporate America. That Republican senator has plenty of money to care for his daughter and her child, but doesn't want Washington to know,so. Call it what you may , it sounds to me like your a boarder line communist Socialist. Everybody equal no matter your background. Get a grip on how it is in CAPITALISM. Mad at the system because IT WON'T GIVE YOU MORE!!

Dude, I'm not mad at the system. I mentioned this in another thread, I shorted GE stock last year. While I am not a part of the 1% yet, by net yearly income I think I might have broken the top 10% in 2017. The system works for me. Those blue collar workers busting their asses six days a week? Well, I'm not gonna lie. That was never me. I went to college. I've never worked six days a week, and I usually don't work more than four. Those blue collar workers that you describe are the "poors" that I see on my way to work. Course, they're not busting their asses any more, because blue collar jobs are fleeing the country like rats from a sinking ship. I see that too, the old Ford plant I used to drive by every morning, slowly getting covered in graffiti. I saw that earlier too, in school, the bombed out husks of once booming mill towns that are now crippled with poverty and heroin. Oh, and welfare payments. I love watching their justifications "Oh, those lazy black people? they don't need welfare! I wouldn't need it, but you know, the economy..."

You think I spent money on their economy? Hell nah. My cars are Japanese, because they work and get above 10 MPG. My clothes are Chinese because I can buy pants for a buck fifty a piece. I don't even bother returning stuff that I get in the wrong size, because its so cheap I don't care. My drugs are Mexican. My shoes are Italian, and so's my GF. My job is Global. I can do the same thing I do here anywhere. Everybody needs smart people.

I don't understand blue collar pride. "Well, I take home enough to take care of my kids!" Yeah, you mean the WIC payment your wife collected while you spent your paycheck at the bar? That you're gonna beat her for? Lol.

Thing is, I don't want to drive through what to me looks like poverty but is in reality 150% minimum wage section 8 housing every day. It's depressing to watch. It makes me sad. Which is why I don;t mind paying taxes to keep you blue collar workers afloat. Of course, if you decide that I don't need to pay as much taxes, well, I'll just expand my stock portfolio. Fuck it.

Oh, and since I can do my job anywhere in the world, and since I have citizenship elsewhere, I can just leave when the money catches up and the shit hits the fan for the US.

Course, a lot of this was my parents sending me to the best schools. So I didn't really work my way "up", I comfortably landed in the top 15% right out of college.

Edited by Kryptos (01/23/18 05:31 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24935648 - 01/23/18 08:48 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I used to know people that would shoot you, or want to, for talking like that.

The economy is 100% about self identity and social status.  It's all about time invested in forming a self that can be sold.

A lot of people didn't get a great self from upbringing.  They were made to be workers.  Then when they disn't break that bubble and someone else burst it, they voted for Trump who promised to bring it back.

Fact is asia is a tinder box ready to explode.  So what's going to happen with all that invested since the One China policy? 

I like to think that morality pays.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24935707 - 01/23/18 09:20 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, there are plenty of people that think I'm an elite liberal bastard. Matter of fact, I'm kind of proud of being an elite liberal bastard. Anybody who disagrees is either dumb, or even more of a liberal bastard than I am.

I think it's kind of sad that while I'm doing what I can to bring everyone up to my level (because I pretty much only associate with other elite liberal bastards in real life), the very people I'm trying to help by raising my own taxes are pissed at me for it.

And I don't really care if Asia is a tinderbox. They make me goods, I give them money. Its mutually beneficial.

My self identity is liberal elite. My social status reflects that, in the sense that I can drop 100$ on a meal and a few drinks at a bowtie required restaurant whenever I want to without having it be Prom (which is the only time a good majority of the country will ever do that). I worked to get there by drinking my way through college, passing my classes by doing the homework an hour before it was due, and making the kind of friends that let me work four days a week and live like this. A chemical engineering degree was very worth it when I paid off my debts within two years.

I like to think money pays. This is a capitalist country, it is a capitalist economy, and I can play a capitalist game. Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M. get the money. Dolla Dolla bills, ya'll.

What, am I capitalist-ing wrong? Does it offend your morality that I can afford to live in my own reality? Which happens to consist of a 5000 sq foot house? To myself? I'm Donald Trump-ing it up every day, except I haven't painted everything in my house gold yet. Partly because you don't paint a mahogany mantelpiece gold. That's just trashy.

Edited by Kryptos (01/23/18 09:26 AM)

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#24936495 - 01/23/18 03:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

kryptos might be my new favorite liberal elite fucking bastard (LEFuB) in this sub.
flaunt it if ya got it, dude.  ain't my style but i'm un-elite.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: relic] * 1
    #24936507 - 01/23/18 03:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I don't like to flaunt it much either, but it seems like flaunting it is how you become president. And, oddly enough, how you get the working poors on your side...

My argument here boils down to "See how much you hate me? Don't hate the player, hate the game".

I voted for Hillary. Trump's win was *great* for my bottom line, though. I basically shorted all of his campaign promises and watched them go up in smoke. "Bring back American manufacturing" = short GE, profit. "Huuuge infrastructure plan/build a wall" = dump some money into construction ETFs before election, short them after the election, profit. Then there were the more obvious wins, like watching my taxes go down, while taxes went up on the people who's jobs I'm shorting. More profit. Less capital gains tax? Yes please!

I call it the "Shkreli Gambit". Lotta people care about drug company price hikes now.

Edited by Kryptos (01/23/18 03:40 PM)

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#24936537 - 01/23/18 03:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

yep.  flaunting it; exaggerating while flaunting it; lying about exaggerating while flaunting it; and boasting about lying about exaggerating while flaunting it.  BOOM, president. bitches.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: relic] * 2
    #24936578 - 01/23/18 03:56 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I don't understand blue collar pride. "Well, I take home enough to take care of my kids!" Yeah, you mean the WIC payment your wife collected while you spent your paycheck at the bar? That you're gonna beat her for? Lol.

I don't understand people who have a world view based off fake television anecdotes. It's like racism against the real world instead of a group of people.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24936675 - 01/23/18 04:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I sold Obama phones for beer money in college. Every stereotype is based on some truth.

Fine, lemme rephrase: I don't understand blue collar pride, your house is tiny, your job is shitty, and your kids aren't gonna do much better. You're literally one step above the unemployed people in the economy. I would not be proud to be in the lower 50% of society.

Edited by Kryptos (01/23/18 04:38 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #24936716 - 01/23/18 04:52 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I know 6 blue collar workers who make 6 figures
A union carpenter
Three welders
And the other three have white collar jobs at the place they did blue collar work. Ladish, bucyrus erie(cat now), and p&h harnischfeger(joy global)

Im blue collar, im remodeling an entire house and putting in a 8'x4' shower attached to my master bedroom.

I have one friend who is a software engineer. Turbo liberal. And he has the same shit to say even though he's also friends with half the people on that list. Parents sent him to MSOE.

I'd rather make 60-80k and know how to fix my house without having to call someone. And at work make space shuttle parts. Anyone in my town can go get a 25$ an hour full time job with no experience and a felony on their record. And they'll be trained to run CNC if they're not an idiot and be making 80-100k ten years later if they man up to having a work ethic (that thing kids are allergic to these days)

Offlinewoodtick
Stranger
Male

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24937286 - 01/23/18 07:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Fucking Politics,, Nothing better to rant to Rant About, Bump in Go, at about Seven things begin to get Einstein'd, the NP apple sauced, squeeze, and let be !!!

--------------------

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

#24937423 - 01/23/18 08:44 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

s. A chemical engineering degree was very worth it when I paid off my debts within two years.

I like to think money pays. This is a capitalist country, it is a capitalist economy, and I can play a capitalist game. Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M. get the money. Dolla Dolla bills, ya'll.

What, am I capitalist-ing wrong? Does it offend your morality that I can afford to live in my own reality? Which happens to consist of a 5000 sq foot house? To myself? I'm Donald Trump-ing it up every day, except I haven't painted everything in my house gold yet. Partly because you don't paint a mahogany mantelpiece gold. That's just trashy.

Edited by Kryptos (01/23/18 08:26 AM)

My wife is a chem e , you guys get paid well but Donald Trumping it up ?  Ya right I wish . Your house is slightly bigger than mine , wish I could say I’m impressed .

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Psilynut2]
    #24937455 - 01/23/18 09:01 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I know 6 blue collar workers who make 6 figures
A union carpenter
Three welders
And the other three have white collar jobs at the place they did blue collar work. Ladish, bucyrus erie(cat now), and p&h harnischfeger(joy global)

Im blue collar, im remodeling an entire house and putting in a 8'x4' shower attached to my master bedroom.

I have one friend who is a software engineer. Turbo liberal. And he has the same shit to say even though he's also friends with half the people on that list. Parents sent him to MSOE.

I'd rather make 60-80k and know how to fix my house without having to call someone. And at work make space shuttle parts. Anyone in my town can go get a 25$ an hour full time job with no experience and a felony on their record. And they'll be trained to run CNC if they're not an idiot and be making 80-100k ten years later if they man up to having a work ethic (that thing kids are allergic to these days)

Oh, yes, there are plenty of blue collar workers that have high paying jobs...six figures. Can't say I've ever heard of one making seven without becoming a white collar business owner, employing other blue collars. You even bring it up yourself-started out blue, turned white.

I don't want to get a decade of specialized blue collar experience to make white collar wages. That's why I got 3.5 years of drinking experience instead, at 22k/yr.

I would rather just pay someone else to fix my house and do more interesting things with my time. Money solves problems.

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

s. A chemical engineering degree was very worth it when I paid off my debts within two years.

Edited by Kryptos (01/23/18 08:26 AM)

My wife is a chem e , you guys get paid well but Donald Trumping it up ?  Ya right I wish . Your house is slightly bigger than mine , wish I could say I’m impressed .

I'm happy you are not impressed. Do you believe that I deserve to be where I am? My point is that if anything, the system is rigged in favor of the people with money to burn on education, stocks, equity, at the cost of the blue collar worker. My point is also that hard work does not translate directly to benefits, because as was brought up in that first quote, I'm where someone with similar abilities but no degree would be in a decade of six days a week plumbing. I really don't believe that I've put in near that kind of work. I've put in some work, sure, and arguably more valuable work as judged by society (based on paycheck alone), but I have not ever "worked my ass off".

Also, considering how I lived in college just a few years ago, yeah, I'm Trumping it up. Once I get used to the money, I'll probably sing a different tune, but for now I'm a kid in a candy store.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #24937526 - 01/23/18 09:33 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Can't say I've ever heard of one making seven without becoming a white collar business owner,

Dude who cares about 7 lol

I made more than 22k at a hardware store in college lol. 22k is like poverty line

22k is fast food at 11-12an hour full time lol.

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: koods] * 1
    #24937723 - 01/24/18 12:11 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Narcissism at it's finest. I'm surprised he hasn't put his face on the money yet. He treats serious matters like a game and his primary motivation seems to be destroying everything the previous president achieved regardless of the consequences. After years of throwing his shoe at the TV anytime Barrack Obama was on it, now he can show the world he can do better... except he can't. What's more he will never admit he can't and no amount of advisers or experts or scientists will ever convince him otherwise.

I could go on all day but suffice it to say Trump is not a good president. He is a good Dalek.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24938195 - 01/24/18 09:23 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

To kryptos and the rest of the far left media believing crowd, why is it you look down on working people who are doing well? They for the most part stayed in school and improved their skills, stayed on the job, did not call in sick frequently after an all night binge, tried to do a great job and surprise surprise, got raises and promotions. But they were just lucky, right?

You really despise the ones who went into white collar work, and even more so those who started their own businesses. You know, those places that give the rest of you folk a job. The one you hate for making a lot of money and not giving most of it to you just for showing up.

Here is a question I have yet to get an answer on or even a reply full of nonsense

If you are mad that business does not pay more than they need to, why is it when you buy something you don't pay any more than you absolutely have to pay? Why not give 10% extra to the business? Or 20% extra?

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #24938571 - 01/24/18 11:56 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
I would not be proud to be in the lower 50% of society.

Lower 50% financially?  Or Morally?

I think maybe you need more perspective.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24938582 - 01/24/18 12:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Here is a question I have yet to get an answer on or even a reply full of nonsense

If you are mad that business does not pay more than they need to, why is it when you buy something you don't pay any more than you absolutely have to pay? Why not give 10% extra to the business? Or 20% extra?

I'm not one who "looks down on people who are doing well", nor do I "despise white collar work", but I think I can still answer your question.

Almost no one wants to pay more than they have to for anything.  If companies can get away with the going rate for a particular job, that's all they're going to pay.

People on the left tend to believe that anyone who works full time should earn a living wage.  People on the right tend to think they should be screwed over so that people at the top can get even richer.

Neither side is right or wrong; it's just a difference in who each side supports - the 99% or the 1%.

--------------------

Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
    #24938587 - 01/24/18 12:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

i don't do politics.  it is all bullshit. its only goal is to keep direct the american publics attention away from important world matters and focus it on stupid ass bullshit.  it is also an excuse to do nothing, they can sit pointing the finger and blame the other party.  which is fine because as long as their doing that they arent passing more fucking laws.  I hate everything about this shit.

the only opinion I have about this president is he doesnt give a speech from a fucking notecard or teleprompter.  the only one i have known in my lifetime, and I can respect him for that.

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#24938669 - 01/24/18 12:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
To kryptos and the rest of the far left media believing crowd, why is it you look down on working people who are doing well? They for the most part stayed in school and improved their skills, stayed on the job, did not call in sick frequently after an all night binge, tried to do a great job and surprise surprise, got raises and promotions. But they were just lucky, right?

You really despise the ones who went into white collar work, and even more so those who started their own businesses. You know, those places that give the rest of you folk a job. The one you hate for making a lot of money and not giving most of it to you just for showing up.

Edit:  snipped this message now that you saw and responded to it.  thanks for doing so. 
I have the message saved in case we ever want to refer to it but it sounded gross, boastful, egotistical, and made me feel like a DB for posting it even though none of that was my intention...at all.  so, i cut this message for personal reasons and so that i don't feel as though it contributes to my rep as an egotistical asswipe...plenty of other reasons one could come up with for that.

Edited by relic (01/24/18 05:45 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: relic] * 1
    #24939327 - 01/24/18 05:16 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I sometimes let them keep the change too and when I had employees I always paid more than min wage. You have to to get and keep good people. But if someone is a goof, doesn't come in on time why give him more than needed? I might have started people off a dollar over min and then after they show what they can do they get more.

This is pretty much standard for any business. I just read where walmart, the one you guys love to hate, is giving raises and bonuses. Many other places are as well. The formula is not how much they need to have a comfortable lifestyle, what has that to do with it? There may be 2 or 3 people working in the household or might be a single person living with parents. Should they take that into account? The formula I always used was how much it takes to attract a good number of applicants so I can find a quality person. Then if they work out they get more. You don't take those factors into account? Do you pick the neediest one or the one who you think will help you the most?

--------------------

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

#24939421 - 01/24/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

i don't think anyone here has advocated for paying shit employees good wages or even retaining shit employees.  i certainly haven't and i won't suffer that type of employee.  while i pay an excellent wage, i demand excellence in return from my people.

nor do i pay anyone what i think it takes for them to have a comfortable lifestyle.  rather, i pay them what i know it takes to retain good people, what allows them to attain some minimum life goals, to save a few bucks for the future and for emergencies, and to get their asses to work every day they're scheduled (the reliable transportation thing i mentioned and the monetary incentive to keep on keeping on when the grind really gets tough in my business)

i know my people so the two or three in the household and the living with parents examples don't apply, but imo no; those things shouldn't be taken into account by an employer when determining wages.

my business is in a field where attracting a good number of applicants isn't a metric i can use.  i'd have to train an apprentice for anywhere from two to five years to attain the necessary skillset and there aren't a lot of experienced people in my industry out of work...if they're out of work in my industry and my state, they have either just moved to the area yesterday or they have baggage that excludes them from the 'good employee' category right away.  as such, your last two sentences don't apply to my example and i can't help you with those questions.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: relic]
    #24939467 - 01/24/18 06:20 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

We seem to be more in agreement than the opposite

>i don't think anyone here has advocated for paying shit employees good wages or even retaining shit employees.  i certainly haven't and i won't suffer that type of employee.  while i pay an excellent wage, i demand excellence in return from my people.

Of course

>nor do i pay anyone what i think it takes for them to have a comfortable lifestyle.  rather, i pay them what i know it takes to retain good people

Exactly

>what allows them to attain some minimum life goals, to save a few bucks for the future and for emergencies, and to get their asses to work every day they're scheduled

Basically what I said except my people were easily trained and their goals were more or less have enough to get food and get drunk or buy a car or something. They accepted my offer because it was enough to do those things. I paid usually around 20% over minimum just to get people to come in and apply so I could be picky.

Then went from there wage wise. Anyplace that pays min can get warm bodies but they will have a ton of turnover. Turnover costs you money even in a place like mcdonalds which can train people in less than an hour. Skilled work must have low turnover or the business will fail in most cases.

But when there is a wave of illegals and untrained illiterates flooding the labor market, low paying jobs become competitive to even get. But if you need more than a floor swept, a truck loaded etc, then you have to get higher caliber people. With an over supply of labor even low or mid skill jobs become saturated with applicants. You must have a high level skill and education to get a good job now days. Or start your own business and make it work which is not so easy as you know.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24939759 - 01/24/18 09:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
I sometimes let them keep the change too and when I had employees I always paid more than min wage. You have to to get and keep good people. But if someone is a goof, doesn't come in on time why give him more than needed? I might have started people off a dollar over min and then after they show what they can do they get more.

This is pretty much standard for any business. I just read where walmart, the one you guys love to hate, is giving raises and bonuses. Many other places are as well. The formula is not how much they need to have a comfortable lifestyle, what has that to do with it? There may be 2 or 3 people working in the household or might be a single person living with parents. Should they take that into account? The formula I always used was how much it takes to attract a good number of applicants so I can find a quality person. Then if they work out they get more. You don't take those factors into account? Do you pick the neediest one or the one who you think will help you the most?

Did you read into those bonuses? Bonuses are $1000, only people that have worked for 20+ years qualify. Raises are similar: They no longer have store managers, they have co-managers. They are boosting the co-manager salary a bit, but below manager salary. They even sent out a friendly reminder for all the managers to apply to the co-manager positions before they get tossed out.

And I guess this is further in response to your previous post: I don;t look down on people doing well, I'm one of those people that's doing well. I like white collar workers, they're who I interact with near exclusively offline.

I guess I have two things: (1) I don't think less than $100K/yr is "living wage" in the modern US. Maybe I'm greedy, or sheltered, or high standards, or whatever. I probably need a little bit of perspective. I just figure there is a difference between "surviving" and "living". We humans did just fine in the bronze age, but that doesn't mean I wanna go back.

Second, I do not despise small business owners. Heck, I tried my hand at it, growing and selling edibles to restaurants. It sucked, I barely sold 10 pounds a week of shiitakes and oysters to this place by my school where I knew the head chef. Not for me, I've learned. Not enough income to live like I want to live. Need a better product (I'm hoping to patent some stuff I've been, uh, "side-project"-ing in lab. Maybe. If I'm lucky. And if it works).

What I disagree with, is the rich kid that takes over daddy's business, half crashes it because they have no idea what they're doing, and then starts milking the workers dry to make up for the loss of income. Which sadly is what happens now, a lot. I believe that the only way a capitalist system can exist, where everything is truly determined by merit, skill, and tenacity, is if everyone starts at an equal level. That means everyone should have access to quality education, quality healthcare, quality food, quality water, and a quality roof. Or, nobody should. It would also mean getting rid of the inheritance system. Maybe like a family heirloom or a trinket, but not a trust fund for hundreds of millions of dollars.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24941250 - 01/25/18 02:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

>Did you read into those bonuses? Bonuses are $1000, only people that have worked for 20+ years qualify. Raises are similar

No, I read that more or less everyone got a bonus and raise, might depend on how long they were there how much they got

> I don't think less than $100K/yr is "living wage" in the modern US.

Lolsy, can I put that in my sig? This is why so many people think you guys are out of touch. One person can live quite well on less than half of that unless they insist on living in the highest cost of living areas, nicer cars, etc.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24941334 - 01/25/18 03:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
> I don't think less than $100K/yr is "living wage" in the modern US.

Lolsy, can I put that in my sig? This is why so many people think you guys are out of touch. One person can live quite well on less than half of that unless they insist on living in the highest cost of living areas, nicer cars, etc.

Feel free. Again, I consider there to be a difference between "surviving" and "living". I can survive off ~12k/yr, I did all through college. I don't consider that "life", however. I can survive off rice, beans, spinach, and multivitamins. It costs less than 2$/day. But I want to live off steak and avocados and fresh cucumbers. That costs 5-10x more.

So yes, I do insist on living in the higher cost areas, nice cars, nice schools, nice parks, and nice neighbors. Just because I *can* live in a section 8 and hunt squirrels for dinner, doesn't mean I want to. And I'm sure the people stuck there would like to live nicer as well, and have the kind of car where you don't have to hope it starts because if it doesn't you are late and lose your job and then how are you gonna pay a $200 dollar repair bill.

Call me out of touch, but my goal is for everyone to live like me. I think it would be much better if everyone made six figures. I think that is a good thing for society to aspire to, instead of deciding "eh, let's drag everyone down to the bare minimum".

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 03:37 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24941763 - 01/25/18 06:36 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You sound like the guy they find dead from a bad cocaine deal.

Fact is the world evens things out.  You might not know it but you need people that you offend.  You pay for them one way or another and cannot survive without them.

It does not matter how fancy your tombstone is.  No one will even care you existed.  You contributed more problems than what you solved.

It's like creating a cure for death nobody can afford or use.

In the old days the rich didn't do well. Sooner or later that guy that got mistreated and too cate of the king caught on.  How hard to poison the king and let all the poor folks party in the castle?  Happened everyday!

That is why religion is such a powerful social control.  Gotta keep the slaves happy.

--------------------

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
    #24941771 - 01/25/18 06:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

*Scared.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24941871 - 01/25/18 07:11 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
You sound like the guy they find dead from a bad cocaine deal.

Fact is the world evens things out.  You might not know it but you need people that you offend.  You pay for them one way or another and cannot survive without them.

It does not matter how fancy your tombstone is.  No one will even care you existed.  You contributed more problems than what you solved.

It's like creating a cure for death nobody can afford or use.

In the old days the rich didn't do well. Sooner or later that guy that got mistreated and too cate of the king caught on.  How hard to poison the king and let all the poor folks party in the castle?  Happened everyday!

That is why religion is such a powerful social control.  Gotta keep the slaves happy.

Again, I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding what I am saying. I AM WILLING TO PAY MORE IN TAXES TO HELP THOSE LESS FORTUNATE. THAT IS WHY I AM A LIBERAL. THAT IS WHY I VOTED AGAINST MY OWN FINANCIAL INTERESTS BY VOTING FOR HILLARY. I WANT TO SHARE MY WEALTH, BUT IF I HAVE NO REASON TO, WHY WOULD I (besides the charitable contributions I occasionally make to causes I find worthy)?

You are literally offended by the fact that I play the game better than you, but you are not offended by the fact that the game exists. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I do. How is that so hard to understand? I'm not saying "fuck the poors, get like me", I'm saying "Vote to raise taxes, so you can get like me! I'll pay it!"

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 07:12 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #24941881 - 01/25/18 07:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

25k is more than a living wage unless you're dead stupid with money or live in NYC, Boston or LA. You can go out on weekends pay 700-900 in rent a month. Have internet, a car, and a pet.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24941886 - 01/25/18 07:15 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, are you saying that you would rather make 25K a year than 100K a year?

Because I'd rather everyone made as much as I did.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 07:15 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #24941890 - 01/25/18 07:15 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:confused: no

Paying more taxes doesn't make people make 100k

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24941898 - 01/25/18 07:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Then what's the problem? I am pro taxes on the rich, I am pro taxes on me, and I am pro social programs that will help everyone else make more money through better access to education, housing, and basic quality of life.

I want everyone to live on 100K a year. I want everyone to live a good life, and *thrive* Not just survive, not just live, but *thrive*. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
:confused: no

Paying more taxes doesn't make people make 100k

No, but if I pay taxes so that people who make 25K a year don't have to pay for rent, food, or non-shit schools, then they effectively make more money. I am trying to raise taxes to reduce the expenses of the average person. Less expenses means more money to go around. More liquidity. More discretionary spending. I think this is a good thing.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 07:20 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #24941913 - 01/25/18 07:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

There's an awful lot of people who are in a position making hardly enough to get by. I think it's because people are so keen to pump their money into taxes at the promise that the government is the most effective charity. The people are in such hurt because y'all are still funding the government keeping it running and keeping people poor.

A quicker way to get everyone rich. Stop taxing everyone so ridiculously. Government revenue from taxes is always increasing. While service provided flatlines or regresses.

I don't want to help my neighbor so ill vote for a Hillary or Bernie to make myself feel better. All I have to do is raise my own taxes so i feel like im helping and raise the taxes on the places that employ people and give them skills.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #24941920 - 01/25/18 07:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
There's an awful lot of people who are in a position making hardly enough to get by. I think it's because people are so keen to pump their money into taxes at the promise that the government is the most effective charity. The people are in such hurt because y'all are still funding the government keeping it running and keeping people poor.

A quicker way to get everyone rich. Stop taxing everyone so ridiculously. Government revenue from taxes is always increasing. While service provided flatlines or regresses.

I don't want to help my neighbor so ill vote for a Hillary or Bernie to make myself feel better. All I have to do is raise my own taxes so i feel like im helping and raise the taxes on the places that employ people and give them skills.

No, you're right. People like me who just made a killing in the stock market at the expense of GE workers should pay less taxes, because that will somehow mean those workers, what? Get their jobs back? No, those jobs are gone. Japanese cars have been straight up better than American cars since the 1970s. I wanna pay taxes so those workers can go to school for free and learn new skills. Plus, helping my neighbors won't do much, they make even more than I do. I'm the poor on my block.

As I said, I contribute to causes I find worthy. The kind of places that organize tree planting. I give money to a few soup kitchens that let me hang out and sell Obamaphones on their premises back when I was in college, and I support a few homeless shelters downtown that did the same. I donate to research, like the MDMA thing MAPS has been doing.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 07:28 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24941923 - 01/25/18 07:26 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If everyone lives on 100k, I wonder what a loaf of bread would cost.

The world needs disparaged workers to exploit.  There are not billionares because people make 100k a year.  There are billionares because there are people that make dirt and think what the billionaire sells is 'the good life'.

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #24941925 - 01/25/18 07:26 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, I do not believe the stock market should exist. Speculation with money is like operating a country with casino hardware

Thanks for playing in the exploitation of hard working individuals though

People who get away with murder also think they're so smart. Smarter than the rest and that it's a good thing they got ahead of others because of it.
Just because you rocked at the stock market doesn't make you a good person or even smart for getting rich off of it. It is sleazy in my book

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24941934 - 01/25/18 07:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
If everyone lives on 100k, I wonder what a loaf of bread would cost.

The world needs disparaged workers to exploit.  There are not billionares because people make 100k a year.  There are billionares because there are people that make dirt and think what the billionaire sells is 'the good life'.

Okay, well, if you think the world needs disparaged workers to exploit, then feel free to be one of them. If you worked for GE in the last year, I exploited you. If you think that the exploitation of workers is necessary, I no longer feel bad about exploiting you, personally. Sorry, better luck next round. Hope you believe in reincarnation.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Yea, I do not believe the stock market should exist. Speculation with money is like operating a country with casino hardware

Thanks for playing in the exploitation of hard working individuals though

Again: Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's not like I was the only one that made money off GE.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 07:31 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24941949 - 01/25/18 07:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

We can hang the player, sometimes

But I don't play that game.

I think the world gets tired of the advantaged being dicks to those that are disadvantaged.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24941993 - 01/25/18 07:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
We can hang the player, sometimes

But I don't play that game.

I think the world gets tired of the advantaged being dicks to those that are disadvantaged.

Okay, so, you'd rather hang the guy that is trying to use themselves as an example of the obscenity of the game, than...see the flaws in the game?

The only logical reason I can come up with for this is that you one day hope to be like me financially, but you want to hoard your money instead of seeing the absolute stupidity of how I earned my money and giving it back through taxes.

Otherwise, you're a starving dude too proud to accept the meal someone just made for you, specifically. Which is fair, though it never made sense to me. Those soup kitchens I sold Obamaphones at always offered me food for what I did, and while I refused the first few times, I found it made me more friends (and sales!) if I accepted. That's why I donate money to them all now, to pay for the food I ate for free way back then.

Take the help, and pay it forward. That's my logic. You're useless to yourself and to others until you can get on your feet.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 07:55 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24942006 - 01/25/18 07:55 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I dunno.

The world is complicated and I don't trust peoples thought forms they offer as solutions for problems not theirs and risks for someone else that isn't going to meet the ends they think it will and doesn't matter to them in the end anyway.

Basically people sell ideas and guess who pays the bill and guess who reals the rewards?

I am in a tough spot

Been disabled since 17
Got a record for a lot of social reasons.  Meds caused problems because of misdiagnosis and self medicated and got a record due to complications and interference
So now I am on a $2400+ a month med and they want me to work
I would actually live off of $165 a month making $10 an hour because no job I can get (if even get those jobs) pays insurance and the medical industry is a scam

I do better on disability.  I can protect myself more from people, less vunerable, low medical costs out of pcket and make more in the long run not paying private insurence for a drug cause they don't let me smoke pot

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24942023 - 01/25/18 08:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That's exactly why I think it would be better if people like me paid more taxes, so that you can have free medical care, and get to work. If you;re sitting in disability, you're taking money but not adding any value to the economy. I believe that it is infinitely better for you to add even a little bit of value to the economy, even if it is a net loss, because you are a net loss if you do not work.

This is why I support medicare for all.

This is also why I want to have a universal basic income system. I don't know the specifics of your disability, and frankly, I don't care. I can't think of a single disability (except maybe that genetic disease where you're born with no brain) which completely and utterly precludes you from being a productive member of the economy. I'm not saying "you can do anything". Quadriplegics won't be track stars anytime soon, but look at Stephen Hawking. You can still do something valuable as long as you breathe.

And I would rather pay for you to go to school over and over again until you find that one thing that you can do better than anyone else, regardless of ability, because once you find that one thing, you'll be making all the money in the world, and you will love it. And at that point, I hope you think back to how you struggled before, and you will decide to pay it forward and give somebody else the same opportunity.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 08:04 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24942024 - 01/25/18 08:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
The people are in such hurt because y'all are still funding the government keeping it running and keeping people poor.

Quick facts:

1.  45% of Americans pay no income tax; the more people earn, the more they pay in taxes
2.  The Government doesn't burn the money it collects; it puts it right back into the economy

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24942034 - 01/25/18 08:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
That's exactly why I think it would be better if people like me paid more taxes, so that you can have free medical care, and get to work. If you;re sitting in disability, you're taking money but not adding any value to the economy. I believe that it is infinitely better for you to add even a little bit of value to the economy, even if it is a net loss, because you are a net loss if you do not work.

This is why I support medicare for all.

This is also why I want to have a universal basic income system. I don't know the specifics of your disability, and frankly, I don't care. I can't think of a single disability (except maybe that genetic disease where you're born with no brain) which completely and utterly precludes you from being a productive member of the economy. I'm not saying "you can do anything". Quadriplegics won't be track stars anytime soon, but look at Stephen Hawking. You can still do something valuable as long as you breathe.

:thatsaten:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24942085 - 01/25/18 08:19 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think the short bus guys on this street are going to add much to the economy.

Nobody adds anything to the actual economy if there is no export product.  That's the truth of it.

If you take it has to come from somewhere.  Otherwise it's simply directing flow AND LOSS.

We don't usually gain taking from natural resources.  It may appear that way but it's not factual.  We invest almost nothing back into the earth we get our powers from.

I just don't see the point in taking backward steps.  If they kick me off disability I might have to grow dope for a living.  And I would miss my dog and a warm safe bed and fridge and kitchen.

A toilet is ok too!

I just get tired of people telling me all the shit they do when they damage my existence.

--------------------

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #24942104 - 01/25/18 08:24 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I'm proud of him for supporting the law abiding middle and lower class citizens of the country.

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: XUL]
    #24942110 - 01/25/18 08:26 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

One thing I know about America is NOBODY is law abiding.

My church attending trump supporting grandparents committed larceny selling unauthorized stock.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24942137 - 01/25/18 08:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
I don't think the short bus guys on this street are going to add much to the economy.

Nobody adds anything to the actual economy if there is no export product.  That's the truth of it.

If you take it has to come from somewhere.  Otherwise it's simply directing flow AND LOSS.

We don't usually gain taking from natural resources.  It may appear that way but it's not factual.  We invest almost nothing back into the earth we get our powers from.

I just don't see the point in taking backward steps.  If they kick me off disability I might have to grow dope for a living.  And I would miss my dog and a warm safe bed and fridge and kitchen.

A toilet is ok too!

I just get tired of people telling me all the shit they do when they damage my existence.

You assume that the economy is a zero-sum game. Same as Trump. It really isn't, though. There are plenty of ways to convert pure energy, which may be finite in reality, but is essentially infinite for us coming from the sun, into value. Heck, look at bitcoin mining. Uses electricity, which was generated as a result of some form of processing sunlight. Which, again, is essentially infinite.

Same with growing dope. That's turning sunlight into a valuable product. Go to a legal state, and boom, legal money. You're now contributing infinitely more to the economy than sitting at home on disability.

That's the thing. Even if you don't add much to the economy, you're still adding something, which is better than nothing. And that's all that matters.

Look around. I'm sure you can find stories of people that were poverty line losers for half their lives, then found a talent that they had and turned it into a career. Snoop Dogg, Harrison Ford, and Samuel L. Jackson come to mind as celebrity examples. And they may not add anything tangible to the economy, but there is value in entertainment as an export. It provides people with a form of escape, which is necessary to remain healthy.

There are plenty of such exports, and plenty other exports that humanity has yet to discover. Nobody needed to cook their food until someone first made a fire. Same with computers and the internet. The guy that made the first transistor probably did not imagine a future in which faceless avatars debate politics over invisible data packets sent wirelessly through a house, but that's what we're doing right now.

Everybody is good at something. The thing that makes me sad is our society extracts so much energy for basic survival, that many people don't find the thing they are good at before they die. That's my point. I am willing to pay for someone else's survival, as long as they are willing to get so good at something they love that they become valuable to the economy. Heck, even if you play video games all day, look at those Twitch streamers or youtube stars-they provide entertainment for money, because they work at it and have gotten good at it.

I want to see a society where nobody works a job they hate just for the paycheck. The worker is not happy, which means they are not productive, which means a loss in production for their place of employment, which means lost wages, lost time, and lost productivity. We don't live in a society where we need all hands on deck all the time, we live in a society where we can easily have half of us not do anything but figure out ways to make themselves and the world around them a better place. That's all I want. I don't think someone barely scraping by on 15K (~poverty) a year should have to pay for rent, or food, or medicine they cannot afford. I'll pay for them, as long as they use their newfound free time to figure out a way to pay it forward. Which I honestly believe everyone will. Again, even Twitch streamers are valuable to someone, or they wouldn't have any money.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 08:40 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24942147 - 01/25/18 08:43 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Nope got to dope and stopped

First nutrients cost a lot.  Guano takes time to devope and everything costs fuel to get anywhere.  Computers need ton's of resources.  Even solar panels require resources.

Humans tax everything we touch far too much

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24942202 - 01/25/18 09:04 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Nope got to dope and stopped

First nutrients cost a lot.  Guano takes time to devope and everything costs fuel to get anywhere.  Computers need ton's of resources.  Even solar panels require resources.

Humans tax everything we touch far too much

You stopped too early. Keep reading. And as far as nutrients and all of that go, fertilizer was invented in the 1800s. Weed existed long before then. If lack of nutrients and grow lights is what's stopping you from growing dope, YOU AREN'T GONNA LOVE GROWING DOPE. Fuel's too expensive? Get a bike. Too expensive? police auction. Still too expensive? check dumpsters behind apartment buildings in the fall, you'll find a walmart bike that someone bought in the spring and threw away without using. I walked the six blocks to school my entire childhood. I longboarded 4.5 miles each way every day in college. My first job in highschool was an 11 mile bike ride one way. Find what you love. Something where if x costs too much, you figure out a way to use y instead, because fuck obstacles.

Heck, if you really can't do that, well, again: I'll pay more taxes so you can have free fuel and some discretionary spending for nutrients. Don;t find reasons not to, just do it.

One of my buddies loved growing dope. He was in and out of jail because of the plants in his yard. He barely even made money. Shortly after CO legalized, he moved there to grow dope. Started out as a trimmer for our supplier working free, grew plants in his yard again. He was broke for two years before he made any money, but he loved doing it. Now he runs a grow house and worries about nutrients and all that. When he started, he just needed sun and rain.

And yes, computers need resources, and solar panels need resources, and the sun provides most of those resources. Hell, recycle old computers into new computers, whatever. That's not my point. My point is, you're sitting at home on disability claiming that you cannot afford medicine. I am trying to build a future where you get free medicine, free roof, and free food and water. All you have to do is find something to occupy your time, and get good enough at it to make some money and pay some taxes for the next guy in line. If you don't, that's cool. We have enough productivity in society where we don't need everyone to produce value. It'd be nicer if you did, but I'm not going to hold it against you if you don't. That's your choice. Plenty of housewives sitting at home bored and popping valiums in America.

Edited by Kryptos (01/25/18 09:32 PM)

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Why do you think Trump is a good president and what are you most proud of him representing? [Re: XUL]
    #24942492 - 01/26/18 12:27 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
I'm proud of him for supporting the law abiding middle and lower class citizens of the country.

That's very general

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24942570 - 01/26/18 01:49 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Quote:

XUL said:

That's very general

What has he done to help the lower class citizens?

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #24942635 - 01/26/18 03:51 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:

A toilet is ok too!

Wow! While we would all like to see a better balance of trade, I can't even think of the last century anybody thought the economy was a zero sum game.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder