Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals?
    #13421908 - 11/02/10 04:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so that we can all communicate digitally, with anyone we want, at anytime, just by thinking a thought? could you imagine, being injected with microscopic neurorecievers and having a small circtuit board implanted into your brain so all you have to do is access your friends mac address with your brain and say "whats up".

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeatursoul
Stranger

Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #13460481 - 11/09/10 07:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Great Idea.

One thing though. Hackers and people who write malicious software. Wouldn't want that in my brain.

Where there is a will, there is a way. it would happen.

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #13460589 - 11/09/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
so that we can all communicate digitally, with anyone we want, at anytime, just by thinking a thought? could you imagine, being injected with microscopic neurorecievers and having a small circtuit board implanted into your brain so all you have to do is access your friends mac address with your brain and say "whats up".

creepy.  you sound like Kurzweil.

I don't know if technology like that would even catch on except perhaps to a generation that grows up with it.  I for one would not be eager to get nano-communicators injected into my brain :paranoid:

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Offlineslizzard
Stranger
Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: cortex]
    #13467306 - 11/11/10 05:36 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Unfortunately, Wi-Fi is in the technical category of voice recognition, strong AI, and SSD harddrives - Which is to say that its pretty much already at its pinnacle and is unlikely to get very much better due to problems in the underlying physics of how the device works. We've understood the dynamics of how Radio and electromagnetism work for 150+ years, We've gotten RF down to a science (No pun intended), and applying that science to computer communication is very simple, The problem is that there is simply not enough non-congested Radio bands left to reliably communicate, and if there were, they would be so congested so quickly that they would become useless very shortly. Open up a wireless scanner with the radio band of 802.11 @ 2.567 ghz (Wireless G / Channel 6), Its not unusual to have interference from 10 other wireless signals, along with various non-802.11 signals, such as microwaves and wireless land-line phones, Compounding the problem is the amount of electricity needed, even in a theoretical 100% efficient world is tremendous to do any form of wired-equivalent reliability (Ok, maybe TREMENDOUS is a stretch, but non-practical for consumer electronics, certainly for nano-tech).

Quote:

so all you have to do is access your friends mac address with your brain and say "whats up".

I certainly hope that by the time we have technology to communicate via electrical means between two people with nano-particles that its been several hundred years since the Ethernet standard has been destroyed and nobody is using MAC addresses anymore!

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: slizzard]
    #13468003 - 11/11/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

slizzard said:
Unfortunately, Wi-Fi is in the technical category of voice recognition, strong AI, and SSD harddrives - Which is to say that its pretty much already at its pinnacle and is unlikely to get very much better due to problems in the underlying physics of how the device works.

What about the underlying physics of voice recognition or "strong AI" prevents much further improvements?  It seems like you crafted that sentence just to be able to answer the question I just posed.  So please, expound. : )

Also, welcome.

Invisiblesporeboy
Spawn Caster
 User Gallery

Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #13548119 - 11/27/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Direct brain interface is the choke point. Lots of neuroscience still to do on that one, but get it down and big things will happen.

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #13553365 - 11/28/10 04:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.  Resistance is futile.

:borg:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineMirek55
Stranger
Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: RuNE]
    #24898081 - 01/08/18 07:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RuNE said:
We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.  Resistance is futile.

:borg:

First... I was just about to write that one. Second... Iam 7 years too late to do so. :laugh: How the hell google spited me out here? :smile: Anyway having your brain hacked would get really annoying really fast. On the other hand Iam pretty sure that in the future you gonna have nanites in your organism to heal you. Even now there are nanomaterials in development to be used in medical. For example these.

InvisibleBacchus
Lurker
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ::1
Re: so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals? [Re: Mirek55]
    #24906838 - 01/12/18 12:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

so how long until they perfect nanotechnology and wifi signals?

Probably around the time they perfect art.

--------------------

Living on a no-Flash diet is way easier than you think. Give it a shot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom