Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Youtube is getting ridiculous as a monopoly [Re: psi]
    #24910302 - 01/13/18 10:06 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
He should try that in Singapore.

He would probably get murdered then his dad would upload a monetized video of it and make bank before youtube finally takes it down :eek:

There is probably a parallel reality where that just happened :lol: RIP alternate logan paul. I wonder if there is a version of him that isn't a douche :strokebeard:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Youtube is getting ridiculous as a monopoly [Re: musiclover420]
    #24910357 - 01/13/18 10:17 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I was thinking more along the lines of caning. This story was big in the news when I was younger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay#Theft_and_vandalism_in_Singapore

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Youtube is getting ridiculous as a monopoly [Re: psi]
    #24910462 - 01/13/18 10:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
I was thinking more along the lines of caning. This story was big in the news when I was younger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay#Theft_and_vandalism_in_Singapore

That could be more likely, people in some countries can be a lot harsher when it comes to being disrespectful from what I have seen though. But yeah even the police in many places would have kicked his ass.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Youtube is getting ridiculous as a monopoly [Re: Shroomism]
    #24911207 - 01/13/18 03:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
I only learned of him recently because of some big controversy wherein he laughed at a suicided Japanese dude.  Seems pretty scummy, especially on a channel where the target audience is 8-13 year olds.

The suicide forest thing was just the tip. Fuckhead is an asshat of epic proportions.

you don't think the asian people that come to our colleges aren't disrespectful?

logan paul may be an ass but he's not an asshole

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Youtube is getting ridiculous as a monopoly [Re: Konyap]
    #24911382 - 01/13/18 05:04 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No not really.... and I live near UC Irvine....probably the highest concentration of asians in a single college in the US.

Chinese may not be the most respectful in general (that's just kinda part of the culture..) but I've never seen asian people walking through crowded streets walking around making fun of Americans and holding cuts of raw meat and shoving it in everyone's face and just shitting all over the culture left and right. wait did you even watch the video?

Japanese people (This was in Japan) are some of the most respectful people on the planet. No, they don't do that.

Logan Paul is most definitely without a single doubt, a giant fucking asshole. He's a walking chode.

--------------------

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #24911731 - 01/13/18 07:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Relevant, Logan Paul is also releasing a Youtube red series which has not been cancelled, that is kind of an issue among creators right now because it's coming across as hypocritical.

Also Pewdiepie is by far the largest youtuber by subscribers, and he got paid for Scare Pewdiepie 2 but they cancelled the release after it had been filmed because he hired some Indian guys on fiver to hold up a sign that said, "Death to Jews, Subscribe to Keemstar"

Lately he has gotten in more trouble for calling someone who shot him in PUBG a nigger, and I think there were some other little issues that arose, but by that point I think he was already written off by the people in charge.  TBH that makes me like him more, and he seems to embrace it and work it into his comedy style.  He is not the funniest guy, and if you never followed him I don't think that you are likely to enjoy it, but I find him extremely likable and he's a hard worker and seems to be a pretty genuine guy.  I like him.

Since writing this Logan Paul's YT Red series was cancelled and he lost "special privileges" on youtube. 

I still think that Youtube isn't that bad, and don't really feel bad for people who are actually censoring themselves in order to maximize their own profits.  People like that are not any better or worse than the people running youtube, and it never was really a "free speech" platform it's more of a business hosting a broad spectrum of "quality content".

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale