Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Youtube is getting ridiculous as a monopoly [Re: psi] * 3
    #24906646 - 01/11/18 10:02 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
I had never heard of him by name, but I recognized this picture from somewhere.

Is that dude Australian? Usually only Australians look that stupid.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: moonrockmushy] * 2
    #24906657 - 01/11/18 10:08 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Lots of the channels I enjoy have been demonetized. People are moving to Patreon.

The way I see it is: YouTube's site, YouTube's rules. Don't like it? Go somewhere else.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: kakashi68]
    #24906692 - 01/11/18 10:36 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kakashi68 said:
Youtube is getting stupid. They just want money now and they can do whatever the fuck they want because they know there is no "real" replacement or secondary site. So many great creators are/have been banned or atleast retired because of account demonetization. Because youtube is so big its impossible actually monitor everything so people just getting botted. There standards are getting more and more strict in order to appease advertisers.

Youtube has been stupid for some time,
but people have also made money off of youtube in some stupid ways
so it is a toss-up for me

most notable subscribed channels that have been impacted are gaming channels
MxR reviews Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods -- mostly watch his channel rather than others because he is more comical about it
https://www.youtube.com/user/MMOxReview/videos
a lot of his videos have gotten demonetized over the years,
biggest complaint would be that youtube has never been clear on why
he's censored swears, taken sexually suggestive content out of his videos and still gotten instantly demonetized and had to do appeals and stuff

as an aside, personally speculate that the constant demonetization is due to his habit of killing child NPCs in each episode
but no one really knows

even with frequent demonetization, through running multiple channels
a patreon and a merchandise store
he has made a living off of fucking around with mods in Skyrim
and has made more money off of playing with them
than most of the modders ever get for actually making the content that gets added to game

about the only other channel that gets regular viewership out of me is Many A True Nerd
part of the appeal is how he has adapted to the censorship policies in a comedic way
most recently he put up a video of a playthrough of an 'adult game' --

he has taken to censoring nudity on his channel with pictures of hedgehogs
and the videos are typically more fun to watch for commentary and his response to how things are not advertiser friendly
than the games themselves having real quality to their content

he stated that the video was instantly demonetized when he put it up
then got monetized in less than 24 hours as it was censored

With all of this said, do not really care about the culture of demonetization on youtube
am that bitch that all your favourite youtubers hate
run an adblock program and only turn it off for specific content creators
so that makes me one of those horrible people who watches youtube without most people getting paid for my viewership anyway
:cookiemonster:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: Tantrika]
    #24906717 - 01/11/18 10:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

we have people on youtube dancing half naked and saying 'words' that would get you assaulted or shot in real life on the front page of youtube every week
but when a comedian or game lp'r does it they get demonetized?

just greedy fuckers that don't want to pay the small non-essential people
while at the same time selling sex and violence

logan paul didn't get in trouble for laughing he had a selfie with the dead guy as his thumbnail for christ sakes but please whatever you do don't say fuck or shit

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: azzbo]
    #24906779 - 01/11/18 11:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

azzbo said:
All my favourite youtubers are now bleeping their curse words so they dont get demonetized, it's complete bullshit to have an algorithm that will automatically take your money away if you use the words "fuck" or "shit"

This isn't fucking American Tv, I dont want to hear bleep censors. it drives me insane.

It will be the downfall of youtube, pure censorship of the english language

Little kids are definitely the highest viewers of these peoples streams/youtube channels though. But if they're parents let them just browse youtube with no parental supervision they're probably swearing anyway :lol:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OnlineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: Enjoywho]
    #24906828 - 01/12/18 12:11 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Parent's love to blame TV and shit for their children cussing.. Kids are sponges, the most likely reason a child cusses, is because his parents (or whoever he hangs around with the most) also cuss.

I cuss prolifically, though I do try to keep it down in front of my son. Either way we've had talks about it. He knows he's not supposed to do it and rarely does. Mostly only out of times of frustration which, hey that's basically the only time I do it in front of him. When he was first born I did make serious attempt to just stop it all together but I decided fuck it, wasn't worth it. They're words and as an adult if he'd never heard them or used them, that might actually cause social issues for him. I'm not trying to justify it really, it's just a simple truth.

I view it as a coming of age sort of thing honestly. When you can finally cuss in front of your parents without "that look", you've become a man. :rofl:

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (01/12/18 12:12 AM)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24906830 - 01/12/18 12:15 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Ya for sure. Most of the kids I know who swear like crazy there parents do as well lol.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlinekakashi68
Connoiseur of Illicit Substances
 User Gallery

Loc: STRAYA Flag
Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #24906999 - 01/12/18 03:10 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

muricans attitude to swearing is retarded. Swearing in Australia is celebrated. They are wonderful words and should be celebrated. The fact that you cant swear on late night tv is absurd. thats 1950s level "morals harrasment"

--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black

OnlineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: kakashi68]
    #24907008 - 01/12/18 03:31 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Usually, your anti-American shit pisses me off but out of curiosity I decided to see what other countries do it. That list is pretty FUCKING short. Maybe that's part of the problem with this country. All the shit we "censor" on TV that most other countries don't. We shelter our children unnecessarily. Weird thought but could be true.

For those not America, or have never watched it, they don't take all cussing. Rarely even a "fuck" my slip by. But mostly they don't care about dick (as long as it's used in "You're a dick", ass, asshole, damnit, sometimes shit, sometimes pussy or "puss". There's definitely swearing on American TV, and it's becoming more and more common. They've really eased up over the past decade or so. I noticed a couple of years ago that certain movies I used to always watch, they'd hire voice actors to say some other line that to edit over the cuss word and it was obvious as fuck. I haven't seen that in a very long time. And for the most part now, the Beeps are used for comedic effect. The only exception is like COPS or something, which is the part I want to hear the most :ilold:

I never thought I'd see the day, but you're right. In this regard. America is fucking stupid.

--------------------
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (01/12/18 03:34 AM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24907074 - 01/12/18 05:27 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I saw a post somewhere that some country, a European country I believe, literally showed an asshole farting on TV. Just like in Idiocracy.

Meanwhile swearing and nudity needs to be censored here for some reason while our politicians say obscenely racist and sexist stuff all the time...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OnlineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: musiclover420]
    #24907104 - 01/12/18 05:52 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

For a country founded on "freedom of religion, we sure do base a lot of laws, morals and common actions around Christian beliefs. I mean one example is execution, Many, even, those highest up the food chain believe death is the ultimate punishment because they're going to hell when they die. If you want to label execution call it by it's more literally name, mercy killing. Because spending the rest of your life in a metal and concrete room is hell, and hey guess what, we all die eventually, so eventually he'll end up there anyways if that's what really happens. It also costs roughly the same to execute or house. Either way you're paying for it. 

There's tons of others that I've noticed over the years. Like swearing in on a Bible. Church and state are supposed to be separated (even if it's not the common thing anymore, it wasn't uncommon all that long ago) so what business does a Bible have in a court room unless it pertains specifically to the case.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/12/18 05:53 AM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#24907118 - 01/12/18 06:05 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
For a country founded on "freedom of religion, we sure do base a lot of laws, morals and common actions around Christian beliefs. I mean one example is execution, Many, even, those highest up the food chain believe death is the ultimate punishment because they're going to hell when they die. If you want to label execution call it by it's more literally name, mercy killing. Because spending the rest of your life in a metal and concrete room is hell, and hey guess what, we all die eventually, so eventually he'll end up there anyways if that's what really happens. It also costs roughly the same to execute or house. Either way you're paying for it. 

There's tons of others that I've noticed over the years. Like swearing in on a Bible. Church and state are supposed to be separated (even if it's not the common thing anymore, it wasn't uncommon all that long ago) so what business does a Bible have in a court room unless it pertains specifically to the case.

Man some people were trying to defend those Bakeries that tried to deny baking a cake for a gay couple, they claimed it was "violating their religious rights"...

I had to point out, what about the gay couples rights? So religious rights just automatically trump individuals rights or what?

Then I pointed out the state sided against the bakeries as it's not constitutional which makes it even crazier people are trying to defend them...

But yeah seriously, WTF happened to church and state being separate. We have god on our money, and kids pledge allegiance at school, etc. There are tons of examples.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: Middleman]
    #24907130 - 01/12/18 06:12 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
All the youtube mp3 downloaders have just stopped working. I can't even DL free-use music! :confused:

youtube-dl works on Linux

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: John Nada]
    #24907143 - 01/12/18 06:19 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

John Nada said:
Quote:

Middleman said:
All the youtube mp3 downloaders have just stopped working. I can't even DL free-use music! :confused:

youtube-dl works on Linux

Just use Soulseek, youtube is a decent place for music but it's not nearly as convenient. Plus soulseek has way more music and higher quality audio.

--------------------

OnlineShroomslip
Architekt

#24907145 - 01/12/18 06:20 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I still think it's stupid (the whole thing honestly) but unless the baker is government ran, that doesn't really count. Business are free to refuse service to anyone. I don't know enough about all the details to give you an informed opinion on it so don't take this like one. I'm a all for LGBT right, my best friend is day, I grew up with him, I saw what went through for being gay. I've seen him go through discrimination even just years ago.

Some crackhead looking dude wanted to buy cigarettes and other stuff but didn't have his ID, he didn't look 18 so I told him I coudn't do it (take that shit seriously if you ever get into retail, they do stings, they did one at my store and the dude ended up getting charged, not myth, it happens, pretty regularly) he got pissed off at me, told me to call my manager (who was my best friend at the time so I did) and in front of a line of customers this dude flung every verbal hurtful thing he possibly say regarding his sexuality, and while my friend was pissed he was more hurt. He just had to stand there and take it for a few minutes to get the register sorted out (too much a total and it takes a manager to void the transaction). I think he mouthed back a couple of times but they were "weak" and only served to humiliate him worse. I mean he's a manager, you're expected to take that with a smile on your face as far as most retail bosses are concerned. That's not even close to what all I've witnessed.

I believe in a store's right refuse service. I'll tell you right now that after my friend walked back off the office that guy got nothing from me. Next person sent in to try to buy his shit got nothing either.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#24907154 - 01/12/18 06:28 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I still think it's stupid (the whole thing honestly) but unless the baker is government ran, that doesn't really count. Business are free to refuse service to anyone. I don't know enough about all the details to give you an informed opinion on it so don't take this like one. I'm a all for LGBT right, my best friend is day, I grew up with him, I saw what went through for being gay. I've seen him go through discrimination even just years ago.

Some crackhead looking dude wanted to buy cigarettes and other stuff but didn't have his ID, he didn't look 18 so I told him I coudn't do it (take that shit seriously if you ever get into retail, they do stings, they did one at my store and the dude ended up getting charged, not myth, it happens, pretty regularly) he got pissed off at me, told me to call my manager (who was my best friend at the time so I did) and in front of a line of customers this dude flung every verbal hurtful thing he possibly say regarding his sexuality, and while my friend was pissed he was more hurt. He just had to stand there and take it for a few minutes to get the register sorted out (too much a total and it takes a manager to void the transaction). I think he mouthed back a couple of times but they were "weak" and only served to humiliate him worse. I mean he's a manager, you're expected to take that with a smile on your face as far as most retail bosses are concerned. That's not even close to what all I've witnessed.

I believe in a store's right refuse service. I'll tell you right now that after my friend walked back off the office that guy got nothing from me. Next person sent in to try to buy his shit got nothing either.

The issue is they are a public service, and their grounds for denying service are discriminatory. It would be one thing if the couple asked for a cake depicting gay sex, and they said that would go against their religious beliefs. But they denied the couple specifically for their sexuality.

Now if they were a private business this would be fine, but they are a public bakery which means they can't discriminate against their clients.

If they ran a private bakery from a site it would have been different as they can have only private customers. But as they had a public storefront it's deemed unconstitutional.

Selling cigarettes isn't a good comparison IMO. Like you said they do stings and you can get in big trouble for selling to underage kids. But what is the equivalent of that for baking a cake for a gay couple? You could argue them being afraid of going to hell is the religious equivalent, but if they care so much about that they shouldn't operate a public bakery where they are expected to bake anyone.

If that crackhead looking guy and come in acting super gay and was denied service for his sexuality you can bet he would have sued the shit out of that store :lol:

--------------------

OnlineShroomslip
Architekt

#24907191 - 01/12/18 06:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not quite all there right now been dosing the fuck out of medicine to so I can go to sleep. Anyways, I was wrong/mistaken (sort of) I applied "they can refuse" as an umbrella clause (meaning anyone). That's wrong, what they can't fire for you, nationality, religion, sexual orientation and stuff like hat. In my story I refused services for none of the above. It would be stupid for me to say my main motivation behind it was not was the anger. At that point even if he'd offered me 50, I would have still told him "Last time, get out or I call the cops". Honestly he's luck was busy. I intended to go smoke a cig and watch him drive off and follow him home (not to kill) and do what I've always done best, getting away with high priced vandalism.

If you want to know where I stand on this, were they ask to depict penii, inppropriate language or anything of that sort? On the cake. Or is this more akin to like a retirement party where you stop at walmart and get them to "Congratulations XXXX" and stuff like that?

If none of that is the former, I'm in 100% agreement that's fucked up.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/12/18 07:00 AM)

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #24907236 - 01/12/18 07:26 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

IIRC the shop refused this specific job but had served those customers in the past. Not sure what exactly was to be on the proposed cake design but presumably it acknowledged in some way that it was two men getting married.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Youtube is getting ridicolous as a monopoly [Re: psi]
    #24907246 - 01/12/18 07:31 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
IIRC the shop refused this specific job but had served those customers in the past. Not sure what exactly was to be on the proposed cake design but presumably it acknowledged in some way that it was two men getting married.

Yeah I don't know the specifics either but I imagine it was basically a wedding cake, maybe they wanted 2 guys on the cake instead of the traditional bride/groom :shrug:

Still seems like a pretty shitty reason to deny someone business, regardless of how you feel about same sex couples.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #24907261 - 01/12/18 07:41 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It is a shitty reason to deny a service, but they should have every right to refuse whoever they want.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder