Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Security and Safety

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYosemite Joe
 User Gallery

Couple of security questions
    #24905415 - 01/11/18 02:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Couple of things that have been bothering my mind under the layers of foil:

- it isn't possible to sign-up for Shroomery from behind a VPN or Tor; is this secure?

- signing up as a supporter you get linked to your credit card; this one felt bad too :frown:

Thanks.

Edited by Yosemite Joe (01/11/18 02:34 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Couple of security questions [Re: Yosemite Joe]
    #24908162 - 01/12/18 04:38 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Information isn't illegal. It's what you do with it.

Loose lips sink ships.

Anonymous #1

#24910906 - 01/13/18 03:11 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Yosemite Joe said:
Couple of things that have been bothering my mind under the layers of foil:

- it isn't possible to sign-up for Shroomery from behind a VPN or Tor; is this secure?

Burner install on public wifi not where you live.

Quote:

- signing up as a supporter you get linked to your credit card; this one felt bad too :frown:

Don't sign up as a supporter using your credit card.
You can manually contact the Admins I believe about a cryptocurrency payment. The shroomery has an XMR wallet.

OfflineYosemite Joe
 User Gallery

Re: Couple of security questions [Re: Kryptos]
    #24913052 - 01/14/18 11:41 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:

Loose lips sink ships.

Yes, I understand that, but this forum being mainly about psilocybe mushroom cultivation, it seems paradoxical that anonymity still requires a lot of privacy technical know-how if you want to register here? I guess most people posting pics of their grows shouldn't be posting them, then?

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
    #24915347 - 01/15/18 11:45 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

The way i see it is as long as you are not doing anything big no one is going to care. Its up to the individual to decide whether or not he or she thinks they are special enough to be investigated. If you constantly post huge amounts then maybe but small things probably going over board with additional security.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24915958 - 01/15/18 04:37 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yosemite Joe said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

Loose lips sink ships.

Yes, I understand that, but this forum being mainly about psilocybe mushroom cultivation, it seems paradoxical that anonymity still requires a lot of privacy technical know-how if you want to register here? I guess most people posting pics of their grows shouldn't be posting them, then?

I think taking pictures of something you wouldn't be okay with sharing with the world is absolute lunacy. You have to be literally retarded to believe that all your security measures are going to hold up forever. Even if you don't screw up, someone along the custodial chain of your internet data is guaranteed to screw up. There have been too many very public instances of private data going public for "privacy" to still be a valid concept when it comes to data. No matter how motivated you are to keep your data safe, your data is safe only as long as nobody else is more motivated to steal it.

But the truth is, very few people truly want privacy. 99.99% of people want fame for what they do, some form of acknowledgement of their existence. That's why we have bullshit like honey boo boo. That's also why we have idiots telling their friends about their "sweet mushroom grow, bro, woah, that rhymed, hit this doobie, maaaaan" and getting their 15 minutes of acknowledgement and fame at arraignment and sentencing. Followed by 15 years of acknowledgement by anal rape.

OfflineGalliumPE
Male

Loc: The Virgo Supercluster Flag
    #24921833 - 01/17/18 10:41 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yosemite Joe said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

Loose lips sink ships.

As long as the pictures aren't of anything that can easily identify you and the metadata from the photos is deleted then you should be fine posting photos. Actually now that i think about it i think i remember seeing a thread somewhere on here where people were posting selfies lol!

--------------------
I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious - Albert Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Community >> Security and Safety