Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ozarks
Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build * 1
    #24879340 - 12/30/17 06:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse
Disclaimer: This greenhouse has yet to be tested, it is less than ideal and temporary. Follow at your own risk!

Materials
Painter's plastic
Cool mist humidifier
Small fan
Tacks
Tape (preferably something moisture resistant, I'm using cheap duct tape)

Step 1
Pick a spot you will use, ideally a corner. Roll out your tarp at the width you desire for your back wall, cut, position, and tack. Like so

Step 2
Repeat step 1 for your remaining walls. Make sure there is enough plastic to overlap on the ceiling walls and floors.

Step 3
Tape up ALL your seams, this is crucial unless you want to replace your carpet and some drywall.

Step 4
Cut a door, place tape at edges of cuts to reinforce or it will tear.

Step 5
Cut holes at top and bottom to (hopefully) allow adequate FAE.

Step 6
Cut and tape a curtain inside for the door (to reduce humidity loss) and for the outlet (for obvious reasons)

Step 7
Throw your fan, humidifier, light and whatever your growing in there(nothing for me atm)
Good luck (wish me luck too)!

Pro's
  • Cheap and easy
  • Easy to modify
  • Availability to be made more efficient through the use of a humidibucket and fans (like Pitchercrab and TravelAgency do)

Con's
  • Might not work, or work well
  • It's ugly AF

Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse V2
Pictorial Only

This one is going to get tested. I'm pasteurizing straw for oyster buckets right now.

Future Upgrades
  • Humidibucket
  • Exhaust fan directed out the window
  • Zippers or velcro on the door

Upgrade to Version 2
Humidibucket and magnetic tape (for door) added

Pond fogger has a max evap rate of 400mL/H and my fan pushes 110 cfm. I'll add the exhaust fan soon.

Exhaust fan was added along with speed controllers. The fogger in my humidibucket isn't enough alone but my cool mist picks up the slack.

Proof of Functionality

Edited by 00Burnout (02/01/18 01:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenobody83
stranger danger
Female

Loc: around town Flag
Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: 00Burnout]
    #24879360 - 12/30/17 07:01 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've built similar. Works well in a pinch. Keep us posted

--------------------

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: nobody83]
    #24879368 - 12/30/17 07:07 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nobody83 said:
I've built similar. Works well in a pinch. Keep us posted

Is your operational? Pics?

@Burnout
I´m also building a GH soon so I guess I´ll learn a thing or two from this. I don´t see why it would´t work :stoned:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Edited by Mateja (12/30/17 07:07 PM)

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24879371 - 12/30/17 07:09 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Will do! I plan on doing oyster buckets in there, I'm just not sure if it will provide enough fae for something as co2 intolerant as oysters. I bet it would work fine for cubes

Mateah, if you want a better build check these out. It helped with brainstorming and is what I'll eventually do.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23022539
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13843759/fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
Peace, pot and microdot!:mushroom2:
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List
https://psychedelia.space

Invisiblenobody83
stranger danger
Female

Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: Mateja]
    #24879378 - 12/30/17 07:15 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Na. I tore it down after i build one in my garage that's more permanent, but that one isn't operational either (cold weather). If i have pics it's in my gallery.

Burnout
  Yea it should work. Might have to do some tweaking along the way as you observe their behavior. I focused more one fae first then humidity second and it worked fine. They grew quite large

--------------------

Edited by nobody83 (12/30/17 07:32 PM)

Invisiblenobody83
stranger danger
Female

#24879409 - 12/30/17 07:37 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I just checked out your model, your most likely going to need more FAE than what is going to allow based of what you got going on. You may need to add some slits on all sides or remove the tape from the door and let the plastic just drape or something like that. Mine had both. Ill fully read what you got going on

--------------------

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24879413 - 12/30/17 07:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I´m planning a greenhouse for Pan Cyan grow and other "more maintenance" species, so imma research as much about this as I can, thanks for the links :cheers:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineDeemstar
Doctor Deemstar
 User Gallery

Loc: The void Flag
Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: Mateja]
    #24879444 - 12/30/17 07:59 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I used to construct still air rooms for inoculation in a similar fashion. A lot more space to work with.

--------------------
Gnome-miii-odd
JAH!!! Pasta-far-eye!:bigblunt:
R.I.P. Georgie poor G
A.K.A. Jorgon Lucy

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: Deemstar]
    #24880520 - 12/31/17 07:41 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Completely forgot that me and my girl are throwing a new years party (we rarely throw parties) when I built this.

At her request I'm taking it down for the party, hopefully I can get it down in tact. If not, it was cheap to throw together and I'll have a better idea of what I'm doing if I have to start from scratch.

--------------------
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24891006 - 01/04/18 11:48 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well my cats ripped a big hole in version 1 while it was down so it sadly won't get tested.

I'm brainstorming version 2 and will update the original post with the build once I put it up.

Version 2 will be built in a similar ghetto fashion, but will be far more effective (if it works like I think it will). Sorry for the pointless version 1 build!

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
    #24891052 - 01/05/18 12:26 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've got this grow tent sitting around I've been thinking of using for edibles. 2x4

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: van hatton]
    #24891142 - 01/05/18 03:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It would probably work pretty good as long as you can provide enough fae. I like pitchercrab and travelagency's set ups using a DIY humidibucket and venting outside.

From what TA has told me it's especially important for oysters so you're not just recirculating co2 and dumping spores inside.

I'm trying to figure out a way to provide adequate fae and humidity with what I have until I get the chance to pick up an air stone and pond fogger.

Heat loss is another thing I'm trying limit.

I'll figure something out that will get me by for a minute, but I definitely need to get things set up properly soon.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24894788 - 01/06/18 06:17 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Original post has been updated with Version 2 (pictorial only)

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Invisiblenobody83
stranger danger
Female
    #24895200 - 01/06/18 09:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:rockon:

--------------------

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24895477 - 01/06/18 11:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

00Burnout said:
It would probably work pretty good as long as you can provide enough fae. I like pitchercrab and travelagency's set ups using a DIY humidibucket and venting outside.

From what TA has told me it's especially important for oysters so you're not just recirculating co2 and dumping spores inside.

I'm trying to figure out a way to provide adequate fae and humidity with what I have until I get the chance to pick up an air stone and pond fogger.

Heat loss is another thing I'm trying limit.

I'll figure something out that will get me by for a minute, but I definitely need to get things set up properly soon.

I'm setting mine up, and I'm thinking an evaporative humidifier on the outside, running a tube from it into the GH might provide FAE, and humidity.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: Xerbia]
    #24895497 - 01/06/18 11:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Look into building a humidibucket, it will work out much better, it's the next step for me.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24898155 - 01/08/18 08:56 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Notes on v.2

If only using a cool mist, it is best to keep the fan off for 10-15 minutes to allow humidity to build up. Especially if the cool mist runs dry for a little while.

Once adequate humidity is achieved (visually, no hygrometer yet) it is easily maintained without restricting much fae with several pieces of tape on the door.

1 cool mist alone is probably not really adequate for humidity considering the height, and requires filling several times a day. I'm building a humidibucket asap and adding an exhaust fan leading outside.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
    #24898915 - 01/08/18 04:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

How much heat do you think you'll lose from exhausting outside in the winter?

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Burnout's Ghetto Greenhouse Build [Re: van hatton]
    #24898976 - 01/08/18 04:53 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Probably not much since the air is being forced out, temperature loss is generally from cold air coming in not hot air going out.

Since the greenhouse will be sealed as best as possible at that point the only air going in will be from the humidibucket which will already be cooler than ambient temps and will draw much less air than my current fan.

I'll have to check their cfm but I'll only be using 4" axial fans and if it's too much fae I'll get a speed controller. I'm trying to avoid all the bells and whistles, the point of this is to (hopefully) show people hesitant on building a greenhouse that it can be done without breaking the bank.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24901029 - 01/09/18 03:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Bought a hygrometer today for the greenhouse, and immediately turned around and bought/ordered everything I need to build a humidibucket. With my fan on low I was at 45% humidity (my hygrometer reads out to 99%, at +/-1%), no bueno. 15 minutes after shutting off the fan I've only gotten to 77%. I'm sure it's not as accurate as it claims, I only paid $12 but it's accurate enough to indicate my rh is waaay off.

I can't seal it any better without fae suffering, bummer. Either way, tacking up and taping 3m plastic is cheaper than buying a mini greenhouse. A pvc frame would be more ideal, and better looking, but I just want a functional piece of shit for a couple months until I move. Then I'll have a whole room to play in :awesomenod:

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds