Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision * 1
    #24894463 - 01/06/18 03:42 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

(CNN)Ron Paul, the former GOP congressman and onetime presidential candidate, called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to step down Saturday after he moved this week to rescind the Obama-era policy of restricting federal enforcement of marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal.

Sessions' action essentially shifts federal policy from the hands-off approach adopted under the Obama administration to unleashing federal prosecutors to decide individually how to prioritize resources to crack down on pot possession, distribution and cultivation of the drug in those states.

Currently, recreational marijuana is legal in eight states and the District of Columbia. Twenty-two states also allow some form of medical marijuana, and 15 allow a lesser medical marijuana extract.

Paul told CNN's Michael Smerconish that Americans should have a choice on marijuana use, and he called Sessions' actions "unconstitutional."

"He represents something that is so un-American, as far as I'm concerned," the Texas libertarian said.
close dialog

"The war on drugs, to me, is a war on liberty. I think that we overly concentrate on the issue of the drug itself, and I concentrate on the issue of freedom of choice, on doing things that are of high risk," he said. "And we permit high risk all the time. ... Generally, we allow people to eat what they want, and that is very risky. But we do overly concentrate on what people put into their bodies."
Paul called the war on drugs a "totally illegal system."

"Just because you legalize something doesn't mean everyone's going to do it, and then if you look at the consequences, of the war? Why don't the people just look and read and study Prohibition? ... (a) total failure. And the war on drugs is every bit as bad and worse," he said.

"People should have the right or responsibility of dealing with what is dangerous," Paul insisted. "Once you get into this thing about government is going to protect us against ourselves, there's no protection of liberty."
However, he said, he didn't expect Sessions to be successful.

"I predict that Sessions is not going to be victorious on this," Paul told Smerconish.
"And unfortunately, it's for reasons that I don't get excited about. It's because the states want to collect all of those taxes (on marijuana), so it becomes this tax issue," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/06/politics/ron-paul-on-pot-cnntv/index.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: skatealex2] * 1
    #24894531 - 01/06/18 04:23 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to have seen Ron Paul as President of the United States. The Republican and Democratic parties want to take away your liberties and be your Nanny, while the Honorable Ron Paul wants you to have freedom of choice.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Doc9151]
    #24894535 - 01/06/18 04:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Skakealex, I like your avatar, I had some of the best blotter on something just like that back in 1985.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Doc9151]
    #24894742 - 01/06/18 05:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
I would like to have seen Ron Paul as President of the United States.

I second that!

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Tiberjuggaligger] * 2
    #24894864 - 01/06/18 06:53 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Lot's of politicians are not happy about this age old reefer madness.

This country has a lot to learn about mind.  My experience with the world is small, but America is largely idiotic.  Some of the dumbest, yet most opinionated people live in the part of the world.

Sessions and the GOP should just come out and say it's part of their religious crusade to be against mind altering plants.  It's 100% what it is.  Along with racism.  But religion and racism go way back.  It's the tribalism, the egocentric identity America is oh so delusional about.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24894899 - 01/06/18 07:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Lot's of politicians are not happy about this age old reefer madness.

This country has a lot to learn about mind.  My experience with the world is small, but America is largely idiotic.  Some of the dumbest, yet most opinionated people live in the part of the world.

Sessions and the GOP should just come out and say it's part of their religious crusade to be against mind altering plants.  It's 100% what it is.  Along with racism.  But religion and racism go way back.  It's the tribalism, the egocentric identity America is oh so delusional about.

Well said

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: skatealex2]
    #24894955 - 01/06/18 07:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That is what I always liked about Ron's dad.  Same mind frame.  Why not federally change the law.  And federal immigration laws?  I know why they don't but why most just put up with it is dumb as America is now?:rolleyes:

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Barnaby]
    #24895023 - 01/06/18 07:48 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:
That is what I always liked about Ron's dad.  Same mind frame.  Why not federally change the law.  And federal immigration laws?  I know why they don't but why most just put up with it is dumb as America is now?:rolleyes:

Do you mean Rand's dad? I didnt know Rons father was a politician.

--------------------

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

#24895167 - 01/06/18 08:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Ron Paul, Rand Paul.  I know them well.  Time for a beer run, I am drunk but am guessing you get the meaning of my post.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Barnaby]
    #24895243 - 01/06/18 09:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, just thought I missed something somewhere.

--------------------

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #24895469 - 01/06/18 11:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Some of you guys are even more clueless than the ignorant idiots you complain about.

Do you really believe Sessions did this because religion and his beliefs on marijuana?

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the fact he has a little something to do with big pharma, and the private prison industry. It's all about money..

Educate yourselfs before making false assumptions.

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: skatealex2]
    #24895514 - 01/06/18 11:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

One small thing that I think is worth mentioning, is that Jeff Sessions' directions could have been worse...he did not direct federal attorneys to crack down, but simply gave them permission to decide if they wanted to.  I read elsewhere that so far none of them have decided to.  If the federal attorneys collectively decide not to enforce the federal laws when given clearance to do so, I think that could be a pretty big slap in the face to Prohibition in its own right.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

#24895575 - 01/07/18 12:50 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Skakealex, I like your avatar, I had some of the best blotter on something just like that back in 1985.

Thanks. I think I found it on Google images or a psychedelic gif site a while ago.

Invisiblestevo

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision *DELETED* [Re: Xerbia]
    #24895716 - 01/07/18 05:33 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Xerbia]
    #24895854 - 01/07/18 07:46 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I don't believe you know the MINDSET of many Americans.  Red states are bible states.  They are grateful for pharmi's like Oxycontin.  Religious people are some of the most fubar.  GOP is trying to be all end times and 'only we are saved'.  It's a crusade.  Yes it's also supported by greed of existing industry. But they have this idea that they built America and it's perfect in their minds eye.  They see no need for change, because they believe it's been divinely inspired.

If you think religion has nothing to do with it.  Then you don't read enough.  Religion is the climax of politics.

--------------------

OfflineIntergelacticPal
Stranger
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24896012 - 01/07/18 09:31 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Religion is the best excuse to do irrational things.

I dont think anyone in politics wants weed although they do get addicted to the tax money quickly. When it is the most agreed upon bipartisan issue, it forces them to at least pretend they aren't delaying weed at every turn.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: IntergelacticPal]
    #24896169 - 01/07/18 11:10 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Not the current gop

They are very cornfed oriented.

--------------------

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: stevo]
    #24896470 - 01/07/18 01:32 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stevo said:
Quote:

Xerbia said:
Some of you guys are even more clueless than the ignorant idiots you complain about.

Do you really believe Sessions did this because religion and his beliefs on marijuana?

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the fact he has a little something to do with big pharma, and the private prison industry. It's all about money..

Educate yourselfs before making false assumptions.

They'd be making more money with free trade of the plant and have no true sales tax statistics because of fear and/or disrespect for the law.  There's been no real legalization to base on.  They would likely be making a lot off of the plants taxes or could figure this out.  Just like a gram of seedless pot costs what a a flower pot and some good soil costs.  But that's what they thought about beer.  And that's easy to make.  Making everything a "product" to force everyone to unwillingly pay the max and some more is their game.  Its a bad way to think really.  Just let us smoke and give us the bill to pay for people to not go to jail for fuck sakes. 

Perhaps Republicans like keeping people in fear is part of it.

I agree Ron Paul deserves a seat in the white house.

Yes, but there's alot more money for the private prison industry when they're holding easy arrests, and not to mention big pharma losing out on sales due to people no longer needing opiates because they're getting relief from cannabis.

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24896482 - 01/07/18 01:35 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
I don't believe you know the MINDSET of many Americans.  Red states are bible states.  They are grateful for pharmi's like Oxycontin.  Religious people are some of the most fubar.  GOP is trying to be all end times and 'only we are saved'.  It's a crusade.  Yes it's also supported by greed of existing industry. But they have this idea that they built America and it's perfect in their minds eye.  They see no need for change, because they believe it's been divinely inspired.

If you think religion has nothing to do with it.  Then you don't read enough.  Religion is the climax of politics.

I know plenty of religious people who have no issue with cannabis use. I know alot more atheists who are against it.

Like I said, it comes down to money, and who's pockets are being filled. Look into Sessions, and where his ties are.

As far as people being grateful for oxycotin? I don't know anyone who is grateful for that shit other than addicts..

Edited by Xerbia (01/07/18 01:36 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Xerbia]
    #24896558 - 01/07/18 02:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't donfuse the rligious right with the religious left.  Both seem pretty fubar to me.

Religion and politics have always been mkxed in America and largely the world.  Oddly it's not all that distinct from any other tyranical Government.

Either the Government is religion or someones religion is government.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds