Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSally Hatchet
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Hole in the ground
Allergy to psilocybin?
    #24894743 - 01/06/18 05:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Has there ever been any reported case of someone taking psilocybin and having a life threatening allergic reaction? My gf is full of allergies to medicines, but is curious about the mushroom. She has smoked weed before, but she never, and I mean NEVER takes pills for literally anything. She also eats portobellos like they're going extinct, lol she loves edible mushrooms.

I really want to show her what psilocybin has to offer but am apprehensive that there could be an even minute chance of an allergic reaction, life threatening or otherwise.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: Sally Hatchet]
    #24894813 - 01/06/18 06:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I've never heard of a physical allergy, no. If she tolerates gourmet mushrooms then I wouldn't worry.

But is it her that wants to try them?

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflineSally Hatchet

Re: Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: mushpunx]
    #24894965 - 01/06/18 07:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
I've never heard of a physical allergy, no. If she tolerates gourmet mushrooms then I wouldn't worry.

But is it her that wants to try them?

Fuck yeah she's the one that wants to try them, I love her and all but I don't just give these away! :laugh2:

No but she just wants to experience a trip, from listening to my experiences she is kind of excited about it. I haven't brought up her allergen issue, or been able to find a case via google where there was a physical allergy, so maybe we can just micro dose and go from there.

--------------------

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

#24895008 - 01/06/18 07:41 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Right on man

Honestly Ive never heard of an allergy. Maybe microdosing is a good idea, so you're both confident that there are no allergy issues

You certainly don't want it to pysch her out- she gets nervous during the trip and starts thinking she's allergic :lol:

That's why I don't think I'd eat wild active mushrooms, I don't wanna pysch myself out thinking I've been poisoned if I throw up or something haha

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

InvisibleEl Jardinero Guero
Designated Degenerate
I'm a teapot

Loc: In A Pineapple Under The ... Flag
Re: Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: Sally Hatchet] * 1
    #24895026 - 01/06/18 07:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Does she have asthma or any allergies to molds, antibiotics, fungal cyclophilins, mannitol, or phenethylamine?

Psilocybe cubensis can cause allergic reactions in some sensitized folks. Normally it is a respiratory allergy caused by the spores, but I believe ingestion of mycelium/mushrooms can cause a reaction if she is extremely sensitive. In any case it is quite rare.

She could rub some on her arm, see if a rash forms. Consuming a tiny dose ~0.1g to also test for a response before consuming several grams would also limit the potential for a full-blown allergic reaction.

--------------------
:mushroom2: :deemsters: "Know what you're using, decide just why you're using it, and you can have a rich experience." - Alexander Shulgin:sheesha::peyotespectrum:

OfflineSally Hatchet

Re: Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: El Jardinero Guero]
    #24895179 - 01/06/18 08:55 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

El Jardinero Guero said:
Does she have asthma or any allergies to molds, antibiotics, fungal cyclophilins, mannitol, or phenethylamine?

Psilocybe cubensis can cause allergic reactions in some sensitized folks. Normally it is a respiratory allergy caused by the spores, but I believe ingestion of mycelium/mushrooms can cause a reaction if she is extremely sensitive. In any case it is quite rare.

She could rub some on her arm, see if a rash forms. Consuming a tiny dose ~0.1g to also test for a response before consuming several grams would also limit the potential for a full-blown allergic reaction.

yes she is asthmatic, however I don't think she is allergic do antibiotics. Mostly just pain relievers, Acetaminophen, Aspirin, Hydrocodone, Codeine (etc.) I like the idea of doing .1, if there were to be a reaction it would be noticeable right off the bat I would assume.

--------------------

InvisibleEl Jardinero Guero
Designated Degenerate
I'm a teapot

Loc: In A Pineapple Under The ... Flag
    #24895541 - 01/07/18 12:13 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Be somewhat cautious and have any inhalers she might use in an attack on hand. A lot of research points to basidiomycota exacerbating asthma, although a serious reaction is rare. Normally itchiness, rash, watery eyes, etc. are the worse. Luckily the extracts of mycelium and mushrooms aren't as near as potent as the spores, some people only react to inhaled spores.

Really sensitive people will feel a tickle in their throat and mild allergies as soon as they get near them, kinda like a cat allergy. It would be pretty obvious and almost immediate.

This is a problem with other mushrooms too shiitake, porcini, agaricus, oysters. It's always good to eat a small amount, see what's up, and then go for a full portion.

Edt: I could only find one paper that lists a SINGLE death of P. cubensis from anaphylactic shock found in the NAMA case registry of mushroom poisonings. They examined over 30 years of reported poisonings in that registry. You probably have a better chance of winning the Powerball than dying. With medical intervention in a reasonable amount of time I would say it's impossible. :thumbup:

If you want to download and read the paper:
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/03ab/71cea0eb5793bb2a5dae78e9c214d1bf4cee.pdf

--------------------
:mushroom2: :deemsters: "Know what you're using, decide just why you're using it, and you can have a rich experience." - Alexander Shulgin:sheesha::peyotespectrum:

Edited by El Jardinero Guero (01/07/18 12:33 AM)

OfflineSally Hatchet

Re: Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: El Jardinero Guero]
    #24895701 - 01/07/18 05:08 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

El Jardinero Guero said:
Be somewhat cautious and have any inhalers she might use in an attack on hand. A lot of research points to basidiomycota exacerbating asthma, although a serious reaction is rare. Normally itchiness, rash, watery eyes, etc. are the worse. Luckily the extracts of mycelium and mushrooms aren't as near as potent as the spores, some people only react to inhaled spores.

Really sensitive people will feel a tickle in their throat and mild allergies as soon as they get near them, kinda like a cat allergy. It would be pretty obvious and almost immediate.

This is a problem with other mushrooms too shiitake, porcini, agaricus, oysters. It's always good to eat a small amount, see what's up, and then go for a full portion.

Edt: I could only find one paper that lists a SINGLE death of P. cubensis from anaphylactic shock found in the NAMA case registry of mushroom poisonings. They examined over 30 years of reported poisonings in that registry. You probably have a better chance of winning the Powerball than dying. With medical intervention in a reasonable amount of time I would say it's impossible. :thumbup:

If you want to download and read the paper:
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/03ab/71cea0eb5793bb2a5dae78e9c214d1bf4cee.pdf

awesome. Thank you! I feel confident enough to let her use a very small dose :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMumbleBeez
Stranger

#27338156 - 06/06/21 10:02 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Your analysis of this issue is the best I've found scouring the internet. I have long loved shrooms.  I noticed a few years ago I started to get sniffly and wheezy when taking say 1.5 grams.  I didn't think too much of it until I did around 3 grams.  Still had an amazing trip.  I'd say the way my throat was closing in you could call it mild anaphylaxis.  My experience on these shrooms happened a few years after I went into anaphylactic shock from a hornet sting, it was similar but I never feared for my life.  Actually the trip showed me how natural death is.  I think as we age our allergies change.  I still grow and enjoy doing my own mushrooms. I'm going to experiment with just stems and see what happens.

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: MumbleBeez]
    #27338280 - 06/07/21 12:18 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

start with low/micro dosing, 0.1 - 0,4g... i'm also sensitive and have had skin reactions from shrooms before.. but nothing critical

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

OfflineLars LeMarr
Stranger
skin Allergy to psilocybin? [Re: Sally Hatchet]
    #27819707 - 06/14/22 05:39 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I have been microdosing Albino Cubensis and have developed a horrible skin itch/rash all over my body.  Has anyone experienced this on Albinos or othe Cubensis'?  Thanks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies