Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblestevo

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision *DELETED* [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24896646 - 01/07/18 02:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: stevo]
    #24896674 - 01/07/18 03:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stevo said:
What religion says that cannabis use is a sin?

The ones that like to reinterpret their holy book to mean whatever they want it to, which is most of them.

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Xerbia]
    #24896769 - 01/07/18 04:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Xerbia said:
Quote:

stevo said:
Quote:

Xerbia said:
Some of you guys are even more clueless than the ignorant idiots you complain about.

Do you really believe Sessions did this because religion and his beliefs on marijuana?

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the fact he has a little something to do with big pharma, and the private prison industry. It's all about money..

Educate yourselfs before making false assumptions.

They'd be making more money with free trade of the plant and have no true sales tax statistics because of fear and/or disrespect for the law.  There's been no real legalization to base on.  They would likely be making a lot off of the plants taxes or could figure this out.  Just like a gram of seedless pot costs what a a flower pot and some good soil costs.  But that's what they thought about beer.  And that's easy to make.  Making everything a "product" to force everyone to unwillingly pay the max and some more is their game.  Its a bad way to think really.  Just let us smoke and give us the bill to pay for people to not go to jail for fuck sakes. 

Perhaps Republicans like keeping people in fear is part of it.

I agree Ron Paul deserves a seat in the white house.

Yes, but there's alot more money for the private prison industry when they're holding easy arrests, and not to mention big pharma losing out on sales due to people no longer needing opiates because they're getting relief from cannabis.

Exactly, To a capitalist a poor man is useless, but put that poor man in a prison cell and he becomes 50k a year to the capitalist. Nonviolent drug offenders are pure cash to them.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Offlinefractalgod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Doc9151]
    #24898223 - 01/08/18 09:55 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Xerbia, when you say they will make more money legally to taxing pot who is "they"? Certainly not big pharma and the DEA, the DEA o will get way more tax dollars with marijuana being illegal and big pharmaceutical company will lose money selling pills so they throw mad money at politicians to keep prohibition going. The government is not one entity that will make more tax money on legal pot, it's a bunch of different agencies, some will make more money some will make less, then you got big corporations like pharma and for profit prisons who might as well be the governmehent with all the money they give to alter political decisions.

OfflineXerbia
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: fractalgod]
    #24898289 - 01/08/18 10:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fractalgod said:
Xerbia, when you say they will make more money legally to taxing pot who is "they"? Certainly not big pharma and the DEA, the DEA o will get way more tax dollars with marijuana being illegal and big pharmaceutical company will lose money selling pills so they throw mad money at politicians to keep prohibition going. The government is not one entity that will make more tax money on legal pot, it's a bunch of different agencies, some will make more money some will make less, then you got big corporations like pharma and for profit prisons who might as well be the governmehent with all the money they give to alter political decisions.

"They" in reference to those who will potentially make more money off cannabis prohibition.

You're basically quoting what I've been saying, but saying that's not what I've been saying lol. I never said those agencies would make more money with legal cannabis, in fact I've been saying the exact opposite.

Edited by Xerbia (01/08/18 10:55 AM)

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Xerbia]
    #24899036 - 01/08/18 05:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

"Generally, we allow people to eat what they want, and that is very risky. But we do overly concentrate on what people put into their bodies."
Paul called the war on drugs a "totally illegal system."

Yeah, it amazes me that people use to believe that it was their constitutional right to put what ever they want into their bodies.  There is just to much corruption with that kind of money involved in the "justice" system.  Especially with for profit prisons and jails and confiscating property and money.

On a different note listening to Rand talk yesterday on an American political show I mean holy shit.  The injuries his neighbor gave to him which was over nothing political but just a neighborly dispute was very extreme.  Broken ribs, I think a punctured lung or something such as that.  That guy beat the shit out of him.  Rand talked about the first four days in his hospital bed and how miserable it was.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Barnaby]
    #24899088 - 01/08/18 05:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Barnaby said:
"Generally, we allow people to eat what they want, and that is very risky. But we do overly concentrate on what people put into their bodies."
Paul called the war on drugs a "totally illegal system."

Yeah, it amazes me that people use to believe that it was their constitutional right to put what ever they want into their bodies.  There is just to much corruption with that kind of money involved in the "justice" system.  Especially with for profit prisons and jails and confiscating property and money.

On a different note listening to Rand talk yesterday on an American political show I mean holy shit.  The injuries his neighbor gave to him which was over nothing political but just a neighborly dispute was very extreme.  Broken ribs, I think a punctured lung or something such as that.  That guy beat the shit out of him.  Rand talked about the first four days in his hospital bed and how miserable it was.

His neighbor may have to move to the trailer park when Rands lawyers are finished with him.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Doc9151]
    #24903752 - 01/10/18 06:40 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

There is more money in taxing pot than in the prison industry. What little they make off of labor is offset by the 30k or more it costs to keep, feed, guard, etc each prisoner. The taxes are pure profit, the only cost is accountants to audit and make sure they are getting all the tax they can.

It comes down to tax revenue, that is why its getting legalized and why the drug warriors will lose. Sessions won't be fired over that but he will not win.

I predict the media will ignore rand's comments. They, much like enlil, just repeat the govt position on everything. I remember when the media often exposed govt corruption and wrong doing. Yeah, I'm that old

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24906366 - 01/11/18 07:56 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Dog-gone stonehenge, you really are showing your age! It's been many decades since the journalists were journalists in this country. Now, like you said, they are just parrots for their controllers.

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24906479 - 01/11/18 08:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I'm so old I remember when a dollar was worth something. Walter cronkite was probably the last honest one though that was way back.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24906949 - 01/12/18 02:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
  Red states are bible states.  They are grateful for pharmi's like Oxycontin. 

Seriously?

But whenever I hear an argument against pot, it's usually health-based (correct or otherwise) or "think of the kids", not religious.  I don't remember the last time that I heard someone say they were against it because of god.  I have heard more people argue that it should be legal because god created it.  The most common arguments I've heard refer to studies that correlate it with lower academic achievement by adolescents and lower IQ among those who smoked as teenagers.  You can give the typical refutations that correlation =/= causation, or that the lower IQ only concerns teenagers who wouldn't see increased access with legalization, but these are the main reasons why other people are against it, combined with a perception that it is not compatible with middle-class values in my opinion.

In one of the blue states that voted for legalization in 2016 (I think Maine?), the referendum just barely received over 50% of the vote.  This shows that it is not only about corporate conspiracies either - there is still a very large portion of our population that is against it because they perceive it as unhealthy.

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #24908201 - 01/12/18 03:03 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Many are against it because of the propaganda in the media for decades. As for health, mj reduces the risk of cancer and alzheimers among other things. It is good for you but don't get super loaded and drive or go to school. Sessions is an ass and one of the main things trump has done wrong

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #24909509 - 01/13/18 12:36 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

Morel Guy said:
  Red states are bible states.  They are grateful for pharmi's like Oxycontin. 

Seriously?

But whenever I hear an argument against pot, it's usually health-based (correct or otherwise) or "think of the kids", not religious.  I don't remember the last time that I heard someone say they were against it because of god.  I have heard more people argue that it should be legal because god created it.  The most common arguments I've heard refer to studies that correlate it with lower academic achievement by adolescents and lower IQ among those who smoked as teenagers.  You can give the typical refutations that correlation =/= causation, or that the lower IQ only concerns teenagers who wouldn't see increased access with legalization, but these are the main reasons why other people are against it, combined with a perception that it is not compatible with middle-class values in my opinion.

In one of the blue states that voted for legalization in 2016 (I think Maine?), the referendum just barely received over 50% of the vote.  This shows that it is not only about corporate conspiracies either - there is still a very large portion of our population that is against it because they perceive it as unhealthy.

I think  Morel guy is saying that religion has influenced the red states and helped generate and spread antidrug  propaganda.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24910851 - 01/13/18 12:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Lots of religious folk are in favor of med mj or don't care one way or the other. Its the big mouths who get the attention

Withholding gop nominees got their attention bigtime, you can believe that. Something just by coincidence will happen that takes care of it and sessions will be wearing a muzzle. "I just happened to change my mind"

--------------------

OfflineMindfullinohio
Stranger

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24911087 - 01/13/18 02:38 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Im about to start walking around busy roads with a big sign that says "Marijuana is safe, Alcohol is deadly, the government is evil, throw change at me."

OfflineMindfullinohio
Stranger

#24911112 - 01/13/18 02:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Lower academic performance is to be expected when one realizes the genocidal nature of the society they live in. When I realized cannabis is good for us and legal drugs are killing off our population it became impossible to focus on school.

Invisiblestevo

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision *DELETED* [Re: Mindfullinohio]
    #24911424 - 01/13/18 05:29 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
    #24912991 - 01/14/18 09:04 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

No way it will be forever illegal. The world war 2 generation is diying off, we only have to concern ourselves with their children, those people in sessions age group, once they are gone the way will be clear.

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Invisiblestevo

Re: Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision *DELETED* [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24913240 - 01/14/18 11:01 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by stevo

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24913296 - 01/14/18 11:21 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Now you want to kill off gen x too? lol

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder