Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: remake] * 1
    #24834101 - 12/08/17 03:00 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

"And like a wind shall I come to blow among them, and with my spirit shall take away the breath of their spirit; thus my future will sit.
Truly, a strong wind is Zarathustra to all that are low; and this counsel gives he to his enemies and to all that spit and spew: “Beware of spitting against the wind.”

- Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepur3bind
Not all who wander are frost-y
Male User Gallery

Loc: Plan, Plant, Planet
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Middleman]
    #24836786 - 12/09/17 09:45 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Love the quote by Socrates too,

Another great one is

"That's not what I said at all." - Buddha

--------------------
"There are times— and this would be a great study for somebody to do—there have been periods in English when there were emotions that don't exist anymore, because the words have been lost. There are colors that don't exist anymore because the words have been lost." — Terence McKenna (The Archaic Revival: 1991)

Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: pur3bind] * 1
    #24836897 - 12/09/17 11:41 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/18/great-minds/

“Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.”
― Kahlil Gibran

Invisiblepur3bind
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: remake]
    #24836919 - 12/10/17 12:17 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

"Life is nothing more than a perfectly constructed hallucination, in which you roam." - Tmethyl

--------------------
"There are times— and this would be a great study for somebody to do—there have been periods in English when there were emotions that don't exist anymore, because the words have been lost. There are colors that don't exist anymore because the words have been lost." — Terence McKenna (The Archaic Revival: 1991)

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: pur3bind] * 1
    #24838532 - 12/10/17 09:22 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The reason why you want to be better is the reason why you aren't.

We aren't better because we want to be.

Alan Watts

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 1
    #24844983 - 12/14/17 12:14 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Look not too long in the face of the fire, O man! Never dream with thy hand on the helm! Turn not thy back to the compass; accept the first hint of the hitching tiller; believe not the artificial fire, when its redness makes all things look ghastly. To-morrow, in the natural sun, the skies will be bright; those who glared like devils in the forking flames, the morn will show in far other, at least gentler, relief; the glorious, golden, glad sun, the only true lamp--all others but liars!

- Moby Dick

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Middleman]
    #24851658 - 12/17/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"We are semicivilized, capable of cooperation and affection but needing some sort of transfiguration into a higher form of life. Since the means to obliterate life on earth exists, it will take more than just careful planning and reasonable cooperation to avoid some eventual catastrophe. The problem exists as long as the potential exists, and the problem is essentially a moral and spiritual one."  --Stanley Kubrick

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

InvisibletHEfLY
Stranger
Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #24859651 - 12/21/17 09:28 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

“Man is insatiable for power; he is infantile in his desires and, always discontented with what he has, loves only what he has not. People complain of the despotism of princes; they ought to complain of the despotism of man. We are all born despots, from the most absolute monarch in Asia to the infant who smothers a bird with its hand for the pleasure of seeing that there exists in the world a being weaker than itself.”

- Joseph de Maistre

"The real reason for which nobody is put to torture, to-day, for the sake of his or her religious beliefs, is not that torture as such has become distasteful to everybody, in “advanced” twentieth-century civilisation, not that individuals and States have become “tolerant,” but just that, among those who have the power of inflicting pain, hardly anybody takes any vivid, vital interest in religion, let alone in theology.

The so-called “religious toleration” practised by modern States and individuals springs from anything but an intelligent understanding and love of all religions as manifold, symbolical expressions of the same few essential, eternal truths, — as Hindu toleration does, and always did. It is, rather, the outcome of a grossly ignorant contempt for all religions; of indifference to those very truths which their various founders endeavoured to re-assert, again and again. It is no toleration at all."

- Savitri Devi

"Man himself is exalted, and paradoxical though it may seem to be, this means the crushing of man. Man's enslavement is the reverse side of the glory, value, and importance that are ascribed to him. The more a society magnifies human greatness, the more one will see men alienated, enslaved, imprisoned, and tortured, in it. Humanism prepares the ground for the anti-human. We do not say that this is an intellectual paradox. All one need do is read history. Men have never been so oppressed as in societies which set man at the pinnacle of values and exalt his greatness or make him the measure of all things. For in such societies freedom is detached from its purpose, which is, we affirm, the glory of God."

- Jacques Ellul

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: tHEfLY] * 1
    #24861812 - 12/22/17 10:02 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"You show me a lazy prick who's lying in bed all day, watching TV, only occasionally getting up to piss, and I'll show you a guy who's not causing any trouble."  --George Carlin

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: DividedQuantum] * 2
    #24862285 - 12/22/17 03:07 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Boredom is the desire for desires.

Leo Tolstoy

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#24873503 - 12/28/17 12:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"Only a nation of unenlightened half-wits could have taken this beautiful place and turned it into what it is today, a shopping mall. A big, fucking shopping mall. You know that. That’s all you got. That’s all you got here, folks. Mile after mile of mall after mall. Many, many malls. Major malls and mini malls. They put the mini malls in between the major malls. And in between the mini malls they put the mini marts. And in between the mini marts you’ve got the car lots, gas stations, muffler shops, laundromats, cheap hotels, fast food joints, strip clubs and dirty bookstores. America the beautiful. One big transcontinental commercial cesspool. And how do the people feel about all this? How do the people feel about living in a coast-to-coast shopping mall? Well, they think it’s JUST FUCKING DANDY!"  --George Carlin

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

#24880959 - 12/31/17 11:48 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in.
A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.

Bill Vaughan

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#24884761 - 01/02/18 10:24 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living."  --Buckminster Fuller

--------------------

Invisiblemolybdenum42
Other

Loc: Oklahoma
Re: Your favorite philosophical and spiritual quotes. [Re: deCypher]
    #24887214 - 01/03/18 11:09 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I love, therefore I am

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #24890190 - 01/04/18 04:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
"We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living."  --Buckminster Fuller

yeah

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #24890813 - 01/04/18 09:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"Ye tell me, "Life is hard to bear." But for what purpose should ye have your pride in the morning and your resignation in the evening?

Life is hard to bear: but do not affect to be so delicate! We are all of us fine sumpter asses and assesses.

What have we in common with the rose-bud, which trembleth because a drop of dew hath formed upon it?

It is true we love life; not because we are wont to live, but because we are wont to love.

There is always some madness in love. But there is always, also, some method in madness.

And to me also, who appreciate life, the butterflies, and soap-bubbles, and whatever is like them amongst us, seem most to enjoy happiness.

To see these light, foolish, pretty, lively little sprites flit about—that moveth Zarathustra to tears and songs.

I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance.

And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity—through him all things fall.

Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!

I learned to walk; since then have I let myself run. I learned to fly; since then I do not need pushing in order to move from a spot.

Now am I light, now do I fly; now do I see myself under myself. Now there danceth a God in me.—

Thus spake Zarathustra" - Nietzsche

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Middleman] * 1
    #24894341 - 01/06/18 02:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"Justice has never been cheap in America, not even for the innocent."  --Hunter S. Thompson

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: DividedQuantum] * 1
    #24899552 - 01/08/18 09:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The future is like heaven. Everyone exalts it, but no one wants to go there now.

James Baldwin

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #24899721 - 01/08/18 11:21 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Because they're not really that sure it's there. :haha:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblepur3bind
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Favorite Philosophical and Spiritual Quotes [Re: Icelander]
    #24900783 - 01/09/18 01:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

"Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little Orc. Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
- Treebeard (LOTR, The Two Towers)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale