Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins * 1
    #24893596 - 01/06/18 07:32 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

In the first few days of 2018, a flurry of news stories have been published about continuing acts of violence carried out by the Alt-Right and white nationalists. In just the span of a few weeks, the Alt-Right has been linked to an attempted anti-Black terror attack on an Amtrak train in Nebraska, the murder of two parents in Virginia, a plot by a former police officer in DC to help the Islamic State and unite them with US based neo-Nazis, and a deadly shootout with police in Denver.

Yet at the same time in Dallas, Texas, an African-American activist, Rakem Balogun, who has spent the past several years organizing mutual aid programs as well as teaching community members about their 2nd amendment rights, since December 11th has sat behind federal bars. Balogun’s arrest came after police raided his home on a search warrant for a firearm. Further still, Balogun has, according to his supporters, been listed by the FBI as a “Black Identity Extremist,” or (BIE), and continues to be held without bail on the charge of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm.

Guerilla Mainframe, a community group that Balogun was a leading member of, put out a statement:

Quote:

Press Release December 21, 2017

FBI MOVES FORWARD WITH BLACK IDENTITY EXTREMIST ARREST IN DALLAS, TEXAS

December 11, 2017, early on Monday morning, the FBI and ATF kicked down the door of Rakem Balogun after following him for over two years issuing a warrant for a charge of alleged illegal possession of a firearm. Rakem Balogun is leading member of a pro 2nd amendment group named Guerilla Mainframe and Geronimo Tactical, based in Dallas, TX. The organization advocates publicly for the right of Black people to legally carry weapons as part of their 2nd amendment rights. The organization takes a stand against police brutality and Rakem Balogun has also used rhetoric to show his opposition to policing in the Black community as a form of oppression, voicing his “supposed” first amendment rights.

His arrest signals the beginning of the FBI admittingly racially targeted Black Identity Extremist program that targets Black activism and Black political organizers, as threats. This BIE strategy is based on the model of the COINTELPRO actions by the FBI that lead to the disruption of movement activities, the imprisonment of organizers and infighting within the movement. Some of the most well-known activities of COINTELPRO included the attempt to have Dr. King commit suicide and the action by the Chicago police and Federal authorities to murder Black Panther party member Fred Hampton.

Rakem Balogun remains in federal custody, without bail for a charge of allegedly being a “Danger to the community” in addition to this charge. This is unheard of in modern legal proceedings for a charge of this type to not warrant an opportunity for the accused to not post bail. During the arraignment hearing held last Thursday, the US District Attorney stated that they have been watching the Guerrilla Mainframe and other Black political groups for years.

The F.B.I. report detailing the perceived BIE threat specifically discusses the shooting of Dallas police officers in July 2016. The document was prepared by the F.B.I Domestic Terrorism Analysis Unit, and has shown an effort to criminalize political organizers with progressive ethics. The police authorities presented no evidence to tie Mr. Balogun or his organizations to the Dallas killings, but invoked them to paint a broad brush on the danger of Black organizing. The Trump administration has made their desire to derail black organizers through declarations and actions crystal clear. If you demand accountability for illegal police violence, you are now subject to surveillance and potential arrest.

WE, GUERRILLA MAINFRAME, believe in our right to bear arms and to advocate for political freedom. In addition to this arrest, our members have had their jobs visited by the FBI who have interviewed employers and fellow employees. Attempting to intimidate our members and prevent them from making a living is part of the FBI’s plan to disrupt and destroy the Black movement. The BIE classification has grown from a report on paper, to a national investigation of Black Lives Matter and black gun ownership advocates. Rakem Balogun has been classified as B.I.E, we must defend him.

Read the full statement here:  http://bit.ly/2AySvXX

Free Balogun

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #24893616 - 01/06/18 07:43 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Where's the White National Rifle Association?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (01/06/18 07:44 AM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #24894764 - 01/06/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Possession of a firearm by a felon is a felony. He was arrested and put in jail but it was only be cause he was black? What does the rant about alleged alt right crimes have to do with this guy?

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24894770 - 01/06/18 06:07 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Did they let all the white extremists go free or someting? That of course is a rhetorical question :wink:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: The Influence] * 1
    #24894776 - 01/06/18 06:09 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Did they let all the white extremists go free or someting? That of course is a rhetorical question :wink:

Oh yes, its part of white privilege. If you get caught committing a crime they let you go if you are white but not if black.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24894784 - 01/06/18 06:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Possession of a firearm by a felon is a felony. He was arrested and put in jail but it was only be cause he was black? What does the rant about alleged alt right crimes have to do with this guy?

Is he a felon?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: koods]
    #24895088 - 01/06/18 08:16 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I can't find any confirmation of that claim. In fact, there isn't very much information about this case available online, from what I've seen.

I saw a press conference put on by the Rakem Balogun Defense Committee. It appears that the FBI/prosecutor stated that Rakem was being followed for 28 months before his arrest. They also claimed the charge stemmed from a firearm discovered in luggage that was lost at an airport and then returned to him. The claim is that the firearm was placed there by r FBI.

If he is a felon, that would seem to contradict with his role as a proponent of the 2nd amendment; especially considering they had to have known the feds were watching. If Stonehenge has a source to this claim, I'd be interested in seeing it. As it stands, I guess I'll just have to wait until more information becomes available - but in the meantime, I don't find it all that hard to believe that the FBI is up to old tricks

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #24895113 - 01/06/18 08:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

What part of illegal possession of a firearm is confusing you? It was in his house so not improper display. You also have not tied together the unsupported statements about "alt right" and "white supremacits" with your article. What are you saying, that they arrested him for no reason?

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24895149 - 01/06/18 08:40 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

"You also have not tied together the unsupported statements about "alt right" and "white supremacits" with your article."
The connection is the transparent imbalance of a federal government moving away from combating white supremacy and lacking a comparative 'white identity extremist' designation (see video above), while ramping up the focus on black identity extremists.

"What are you saying, that they arrested him for no reason?"
Look up COINTELPRO if you think the feds are above targeting black activists for political repression.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#24895161 - 01/06/18 08:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I guess it is hard for some of us to see the correlation when you listed a 3-1 ratio of whites being arrested (or killed) compared to blacks :shrug: If I am not seeing the picture your trying to paint, please clue me in.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: The Influence]
    #24895190 - 01/06/18 08:58 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Because, despite these incidents, the FBI is moving away from investigating white supremacy (judged by cancelling funds, lacking a comparable 'white identity extremist' designation, and general rhetoric), while ramping up a campaign around black identity extremists.

If you watch the YouTube video I posted above, you will see Rep. Karen Bass questioning Jeff Sessions regarding both the reasoning behind the creation of a 'black identity extremist' designation, and the lack of a similar report on 'white identity extremists'. She highlights the uneven response more eloquently than I feel like typing out right now.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 2
    #24896370 - 01/07/18 12:44 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Why should they fight "white supremacy" whatever that means? They fight crime, not thoughts. Do they fight against blm, or nation of islam,? those are black supremacy movement, anti white black supremacy movements. If they don't go after them why should they go after people just because you don't like their views?

The guy was caught with an illegal firearm, now he's trying to play the black privilege card.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24896502 - 01/07/18 01:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Yeah, I can't find any confirmation of that claim. In fact, there isn't very much information about this case available online, from what I've seen.

I saw a press conference put on by the Rakem Balogun Defense Committee. It appears that the FBI/prosecutor stated that Rakem was being followed for 28 months before his arrest. They also claimed the charge stemmed from a firearm discovered in luggage that was lost at an airport and then returned to him. The claim is that the firearm was placed there by r FBI.

If he is a felon, that would seem to contradict with his role as a proponent of the 2nd amendment; especially considering they had to have known the feds were watching. If Stonehenge has a source to this claim, I'd be interested in seeing it. As it stands, I guess I'll just have to wait until more information becomes available - but in the meantime, I don't find it all that hard to believe that the FBI is up to old tricks]

He's black... must be a felon. Stonehenge probably doesn't even realize that' the way he thinks,

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: Stonehenge] * 2
    #24896515 - 01/07/18 01:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

The Influence said:

Oh yes, its part of white privilege. If you get caught committing a crime they let you go if you are white but not if black.

Yep. Happens quite often.

federal jury in Las Vegas refused Tuesday to convict four accused gunman in a 2014 standoff with federal authorities near the Nevada ranch of states' rights figu

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: koods] * 2
    #24898692 - 01/08/18 02:49 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I'd like to hear stonehedges defense for assuming he was a convicted criminal. Is he? If not why did you think that? You can't just move the goal posts and ignore this, this is how you opened the thread stonehedge. Follow up on it or shut the fuck up racist.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: shivas.wisdom] * 1
    #24898845 - 01/08/18 03:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

"We exist to fight for the freedom and liberation of black people globally"

:lmafo:

Literally not even an issue in any way shape or form, and those are neo-marxist taglines. This retard needs to realize blacks are their own worst problem.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #24898879 - 01/08/18 04:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

Literally not even an issue in any way shape or form, and those are neo-marxist taglines. This retard needs to realize blacks are their own worst problem.

Maybe he should start his own black paradise back in his homeland or learn to go the Obama route.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #24898893 - 01/08/18 04:08 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Amazing that those on the Left love the  2nd Amendment, all of a sudden. What would be the reaction to a picture of anyone else holding an "assault rifle"?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: SirTripAlot] * 2
    #24898900 - 01/08/18 04:11 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

For what it's worth, I think that that guy sounds like a fucking idiot and looks like an idiot doing some sort of soldier cosplay.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#24898906 - 01/08/18 04:14 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

You could well argue that most people are not free globally, regardless of race.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: krypto2000]
    #24898911 - 01/08/18 04:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

And the real enemy are the international elite. A particular group of nobles, not whites in general. This dudes some LARPing extremist jackass attempting to stir shit up and he deserved to be locked up.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#24898953 - 01/08/18 04:38 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
he deserved to be locked up.

I agree with all but that. I think he's a larping jackass, but I understand why and believe we would likely act similar if in his position. More importantly though I don't feel he did anything worth the FBI investigating in the first place, much less warranting the US taxpayer to fund an 18 month investigation or w/e it was; if all you have to charge him on is an illegal firearm then what crime was actually being investigated? That is what bothers me about this.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: chibiabos]
    #24898961 - 01/08/18 04:46 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

chibiabos said:
For what it's worth, I think that that guy sounds like a fucking idiot and looks like an idiot doing some sort of soldier cosplay.

Gun nuts are the same, regardless of race

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: krypto2000]
    #24898964 - 01/08/18 04:47 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

I agree with all but that. I think he's a larping jackass, but I understand why and believe we would likely act similar if in his position. More importantly though I don't feel he did anything worth the FBI investigating in the first place, much less warranting the US taxpayer to fund an 18 month investigation or w/e it was; if all you have to charge him on is an illegal firearm then what crime was actually being investigated? That is what bothers me about this.

I have just been doing some more reading on him and he is definitely not a felon. Maybe did not have a permit for one of his weapons? But they are trying to tie him to inspiring or instigating police shootings in Dallas in 2016. I am sure this is no new news to you guys :shrug: Seems like some fuckery, but I have been arrested and convicted over a lot more pettier shit. Wish I would have had my white privilege card on me and they would have just let me go.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: The Influence] * 1
    #24899016 - 01/08/18 05:10 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I think its more of a national security issue as these groups are extremely subversive and are calling for a violent overthrow. OP makes it seem like its just the black groups being targeted but Anti-fa has been designated a domestic terrorist group too and theres been half a fuckload of arrests made on their members already.

Look at they call for. Im sure if it was gangs of white people calling for the same shit Koods would be sobbing inconsolably about the rise of "facism" and "hate"

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: The Influence]
    #24899027 - 01/08/18 05:12 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That's standard practice for the FBI, I'd imagine all law enforcement; it seems to be an inevitable outcome given human nature to me. Fabricate evidence, fabricate criminals, and justify your budget, prop up your "responsibility", ego, etc. Unless the evidence is released or it sounds reasonable enough to you without it I wouldn't trust any law enforcement agency at face value.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

#24899041 - 01/08/18 05:18 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
I think its more of a national security issue as these groups are extremely subversive and are calling for a violent overthrow. OP makes it seem like its just the black groups being targeted but Anti-fa has been designated a domestic terrorist group too and theres been half a fuckload of arrests made on their members already.

Look at they call for. Im sure if it was gangs of white people calling for the same shit Koods would be sobbing inconsolably about the rise of "facism" and "hate"

There have been gangs of white people doing that, that's the whole point of this post. I'm not saying white = let go free, black = falsely arrested, but to me you can't argue it's not disproportionate. I mean look at that NRA ad, they made a national ad that implied people should go out and enact violence on their opposition.

You have white groups all over that are overtly racist and calling for violence against blacks, muslims, hispanics, liberals, etc and nothing happens. Nor do I think it should happen, I wish someone would gun them down to be honest, but I don't think anything legally should happen. Yet on the flip side you have black people such as this investigated for months on end only to stick a weak and questionably authentic charge such as having an unlicensed gun and then being held without bond. It's clear what side law enforcement is on, they're not impartial and trying to keep the peace, they're just trying to keep the status quo.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#24899054 - 01/08/18 05:23 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I made it to about 2:23 and couldn't take it anymore. That bitch is retarded as all get out; you would think they would have had someone a little more articulate represent them :facepalm:

And ya its pretty obvious they are arresting people from a lot of white extremists groups. But I guess since some ranchers that stood their ground after being attacked by the feds. Then arrested and in the end found not guilty by a jury back in 2014 means that all white extremists go free or that it is a regular occurrence. Cause white ranchers=white extremists and that was completely relevant to the topic.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #24899055 - 01/08/18 05:24 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

chibiabos said:

Gun nuts are the same, regardless of race

If only one could effectively  protect themselves with sticks and stones.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24899057 - 01/08/18 05:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

"and believe we would likely act similar if in his position"

Just speak for yourself in this case because most rational people don't behave in this manner. 

"what crime was actually being investigated"

Time will tell.

https://farleftwatch.com/2018/01/08/far-left-militia-leader-rakem-balogun-arrested-by-fbi/

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#24899059 - 01/08/18 05:26 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

As I pointed out earlier...the OP started this thread with a 3-1 ratio of whites being killed or arrested for the same type of things this guy was arrested for.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24899076 - 01/08/18 05:34 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

It may be he was arrested for sawed off shotgun or a military weapon. I just assumed it was felon in possession since thats the most common illegal possession charge. But the others are just as bad and if he isn't already, he will be a felon soon.

BLM calling for shooting cops, nothing extremist about that. Better focus on the white folks peacefully talking, they are the real threat.

--------------------

Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
    #24899089 - 01/08/18 05:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

It could be one of several things. Felon, domestic violence, or he had a restraining order against him.

http://www.dfwcriminallawyer.com/unlawful-possession-of-a-firearm-in-texas/

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: COINTELPRO 2.0 - Arrests of "Black Identity Extremists" Begins [Re: mycosis]
    #24899107 - 01/08/18 05:52 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

So I just found this open letter. Apparently, there are claims he has a history of domestic violence, and that this may be the official cause behind his arrest for illegal possession of a firearm.

I still think the black identity extremist label is worrying, but I don't really feel like I have enough information about this situation to be confident in holding any absolute opinion anymore.

Quote:

Open Letter to It's Going Down and to any other leftists with amnesia ..

I see the article has already been published. Its rather disappointing the way people unaffected by the trauma a person has caused are able to turn a blind eye to it. I was unable to respond immediately to this email, but honestly, I am doubtful that would have had any effect anyhow.

It's a numb feeling to see your abuser and the abuser of other black women propped up as some type of revolutionary hero and ralied around with no mention of his toxic behaviors and with little facts about his incarceration even, especially when those writing the story know the woman he abused first hand.

In fact it's not much different than the women's stories me and Ashlesha Alexandra Johnson spoke about and shared before a mixed crowd eager for the juicy details and scandals on black revolutionaries../ ie. my own agony and pain .. Only to have it consumed, ignored, and pushed to the side for a sexier story "Black Militant Jailed By FBI " a self-proclaimed "Black Identity Extremist".

Way to burn the candle at both ends.

This happened with BBC but I thought IGD was a little more upstanding than a capitalist mass news agency. After hearing me share very personal and painful information about being abused, losing a child and damn near forced into creating a defense league that stands up for black women and black girls when no one else will you have proven yourselves to be yet another example of those who can not be trusted to do so as well.

The physical and emotional violence Christopher Daniels exhibited toward me was a part of a history of violence against women and the actual reason for his arrest is likely his records involving family violence charges and his illegal possession of firearms because of them.

It is the essence of repressive tolerance, in that a marginalized group may speak but will have no hope of changing the power structures of the dominant group for the dominant group are refusing to engage with their demands.

You intend I am afraid, not to alter the status quo that still celebrates rapists, abusers, and misogyny even as so-called anarchists. If able to sidestep those actions for a better trendier story you will. Black women are still expendable and their stories are taken for granted and ignored. Huey P. Newton benefited from the same primarily cis male acceptance of his behavior despite female comrades complaints of experiencing abuse at his hands. Women in the BPP still suffer maligned legacies for speaking up against him. I must say Chris Daniels is no Huey P., not on his best day yet he is still a manipulative, self-absorbed, freeloading abusive misogynistic sexist fraud regurgitating stale George Jackson quotes and using his organization to lure women.

I have tried to cut free from this situation and focus on "the work" but what a fool I would be to trust my wellbeing in a movement with such selective memory and shakey solidarity. I am hurt but I am not surprised.

1.Our goals cannot be separated from the means used to achieve them. Hence our practice and the associations we create will reflect the society we seek.

Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

- Niecee X

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
    #24899685 - 01/08/18 11:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
In the first few days of 2018, a flurry of news stories have been published about continuing acts of violence carried out by the Alt-Right and white nationalists. In just the span of a few weeks, the Alt-Right has been linked to an attempted anti-Black terror attack on an Amtrak train in Nebraska, the murder of two parents in Virginia, a plot by a former police officer in DC to help the Islamic State and unite them with US based neo-Nazis, and a deadly shootout with police in Denver.

Yet at the same time in Dallas, Texas, an African-American activist, Rakem Balogun, who has spent the past several years organizing mutual aid programs as well as teaching community members about their 2nd amendment rights, since December 11th has sat behind federal bars. Balogun’s arrest came after police raided his home on a search warrant for a firearm. Further still, Balogun has, according to his supporters, been listed by the FBI as a “Black Identity Extremist,” or (BIE), and continues to be held without bail on the charge of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm.

Guerilla Mainframe, a community group that Balogun was a leading member of, put out a statement:

Quote:

Press Release December 21, 2017

FBI MOVES FORWARD WITH BLACK IDENTITY EXTREMIST ARREST IN DALLAS, TEXAS

December 11, 2017, early on Monday morning, the FBI and ATF kicked down the door of Rakem Balogun after following him for over two years issuing a warrant for a charge of alleged illegal possession of a firearm. Rakem Balogun is leading member of a pro 2nd amendment group named Guerilla Mainframe and Geronimo Tactical, based in Dallas, TX. The organization advocates publicly for the right of Black people to legally carry weapons as part of their 2nd amendment rights. The organization takes a stand against police brutality and Rakem Balogun has also used rhetoric to show his opposition to policing in the Black community as a form of oppression, voicing his “supposed” first amendment rights.

His arrest signals the beginning of the FBI admittingly racially targeted Black Identity Extremist program that targets Black activism and Black political organizers, as threats. This BIE strategy is based on the model of the COINTELPRO actions by the FBI that lead to the disruption of movement activities, the imprisonment of organizers and infighting within the movement. Some of the most well-known activities of COINTELPRO included the attempt to have Dr. King commit suicide and the action by the Chicago police and Federal authorities to murder Black Panther party member Fred Hampton.

Rakem Balogun remains in federal custody, without bail for a charge of allegedly being a “Danger to the community” in addition to this charge. This is unheard of in modern legal proceedings for a charge of this type to not warrant an opportunity for the accused to not post bail. During the arraignment hearing held last Thursday, the US District Attorney stated that they have been watching the Guerrilla Mainframe and other Black political groups for years.

The F.B.I. report detailing the perceived BIE threat specifically discusses the shooting of Dallas police officers in July 2016. The document was prepared by the F.B.I Domestic Terrorism Analysis Unit, and has shown an effort to criminalize political organizers with progressive ethics. The police authorities presented no evidence to tie Mr. Balogun or his organizations to the Dallas killings, but invoked them to paint a broad brush on the danger of Black organizing. The Trump administration has made their desire to derail black organizers through declarations and actions crystal clear. If you demand accountability for illegal police violence, you are now subject to surveillance and potential arrest.

WE, GUERRILLA MAINFRAME, believe in our right to bear arms and to advocate for political freedom. In addition to this arrest, our members have had their jobs visited by the FBI who have interviewed employers and fellow employees. Attempting to intimidate our members and prevent them from making a living is part of the FBI’s plan to disrupt and destroy the Black movement. The BIE classification has grown from a report on paper, to a national investigation of Black Lives Matter and black gun ownership advocates. Rakem Balogun has been classified as B.I.E, we must defend him.

Read the full statement here:  http://bit.ly/2AySvXX

Free Balogun

Good. I hope they put more extremists from both sides behind bars.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24899691 - 01/08/18 11:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
It may be he was arrested for sawed off shotgun or a military weapon. I just assumed it was felon in possession since thats the most common illegal possession charge. But the others are just as bad and if he isn't already, he will be a felon soon.

BLM calling for shooting cops, nothing extremist about that. Better focus on the white folks peacefully talking, they are the real threat.

The ones that talk about stockpiling weapons to overthrow the government if they deem it tyrannical? Because that is pretty much the standard line you get from gun nuts.

Quote:

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof , they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Quote:

The Influence said:
And ya its pretty obvious they are arresting people from a lot of white extremists groups. But I guess since some ranchers that stood their ground after being attacked by the feds. Then arrested and in the end found not guilty by a jury back in 2014 means that all white extremists go free or that it is a regular occurrence. Cause white ranchers=white extremists and that was completely relevant to the topic.

No they seized and held federal property, which is sedition. But it's cool with you guys because they're white and love freedom derp

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

#24899956 - 01/09/18 04:35 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Hmmm... Interesting. I've never heard of "black identity extremism." We know that the Black Lives Matter movement was secretly designed by the CIA in order to create tension and violence amongst races, particularly perpetrated by Blacks, so  this doesn't surprise me that the FBI would coin the term "black identity extremist." It seems like they are trying to get Blacks to stop identifying with being "black" anymore. Or maybe the agenda is to get more Blacks to become "extremists" in their identities in order to create more violence to feed the for profit prison system?

And what the fuck does owning a non licensed gun have anything to do with being black or a black identity extremist??? Like, it talks about the dude owning an unlicensed firearm for like 2 sentences.... Then the whole rest of the article is about black identity "extremism."

There is definitely a hidden agenda going on here.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order