Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIq1IqIxOcLamatCib
Lifetime Cannabis Cultivator
Male

Loc: Near the 'Zarks
Newb needing diagnosis help on agar...
    #24892845 - 01/05/18 10:46 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hello all, first post here. I've inoculated some plates with Pan Bisporus and P. Mexicana galindoi. One of the Mexicanas has something red orange in color, appears leathery/slimy, and is growing in circular, convex dots that merge into a mass when they meet.  This is definitely a contamination and not the unusual colored mycelium I've read Mexicana's can make, correct?  If someone can tell me what this is I'd love to read up on it.

--------------------
"I will tell a cop that I know my fuckin rights and we can match wits all night..."
Nick Hexum

"Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end."
Bob Marley

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEmersonSC
Stranger
Re: Newb needing diagnosis help on agar... [Re: Iq1IqIxOcLamatCib]
    #24892880 - 01/05/18 11:05 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It appears to be bacterial contamination. The color, smooth margins and shiny appearance of the colonies are what indicates bacteria for me. Google image search agar identification. Your other plates look good. Clone and isolate some of the faster growing rhizo colonies. Good luck!

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

Loc: Uk Flag
Re: Newb needing diagnosis help on agar... [Re: EmersonSC]
    #24893253 - 01/06/18 02:51 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yep defo on the bacteria. With the atl7 take a small piece away from the pink. Don't worry about trying to isolate them wait for stones then clone the biggest ones. The plate bottom left I'm not sure if I can see a satellite or if it myc. The other 2 plates look clean.

OfflineIq1IqIxOcLamatCib
Male

Re: Newb needing diagnosis help on agar... [Re: Fascistbullyboy]
    #24893280 - 01/06/18 03:34 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EmersonSC said:
It appears to be bacterial contamination. The color, smooth margins and shiny appearance of the colonies are what indicates bacteria for me. Google image search agar identification. Your other plates look good. Clone and isolate some of the faster growing rhizo colonies. Good luck!

Quote:

Fascistbullyboy said:
Yep defo on the bacteria. With the atl7 take a small piece away from the pink. Don't worry about trying to isolate them wait for stones then clone the biggest ones. The plate bottom left I'm not sure if I can see a satellite or if it myc. The other 2 plates look clean.

Thanks for the response and support. :thumbup:
:bubbles: Boy do I feel like a dipshit on this one.  :facepalm3:  Dunno why I couldn't find it previously but somehow I entered the magic terms to make the google matrix reveal what this is after reading the responses here. Two seconds later I've got pages of this red shit in my face. I thought I had done my due diligence with this. Sorry asking what should have been obvious. I rip newbs on weed forums for this kinda shit. I appreciate everyone's patience with this being asked for what is probably the 90 zillionth time.

FascistBullyBoy.... you have a good eye. These pics are two days old. You are dead on, the bottom left plate has developed 3 of these spots.

In light of this I have another question...

Knowing that both mex plates are contaminated, is it even worth trying to section a piece away from the bacteria and start some jars? Or would it be smarter to do another inoculation from the print I bought and just punt on these?  I guess a better question is if I do start jars with a section taken from an area remote to the bacteria, whats the likely hood the jar wont also end up infected from that section?  are we talkin 20% chance of success or 80%? 

Wouldn't it be nice if one could just take an experience pill and know all this shit? Thanks in advance to all responding.  :takingnotes:

--------------------
"I will tell a cop that I know my fuckin rights and we can match wits all night..."
Nick Hexum

"Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end."
Bob Marley

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

#24893319 - 01/06/18 04:33 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

No take a section and put to agar and keep doing so until clean. Then when you have clean plates put them to grain. 5 transfers or less I bet for clean plates.

OfflineChickenFarmer
Lost Child
Male

Re: Newb needing diagnosis help on agar... [Re: Fascistbullyboy]
    #24894316 - 01/06/18 04:26 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Remember how nice people were here to your question. Maybe newbs don't need ripped. Maybe they just need some guidance
:thumbsup:

--------------------
:stoner:

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

Re: Newb needing diagnosis help on agar... [Re: ChickenFarmer]
    #24894407 - 01/06/18 05:03 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know how different I could've put that. But that's what needs to be done. Or am I just reading your reply wrong.

OfflineIq1IqIxOcLamatCib
Male

Re: Newb needing diagnosis help on agar... [Re: ChickenFarmer]
    #24897710 - 01/08/18 02:29 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

"Rip" was a bit strong. Merely expressing an awareness that I should have been able to find this without starting a thread on it. I've been a mod on two MJ forums for over a decade. Cant be a jerk and keep a mod title that long. Sorry I overstated. Certainly didnt mean to come off like an asshole.

--------------------
Nick Hexum

Bob Marley

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

#24897874 - 01/08/18 05:59 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I must be getting my wires crossed or reading things wrong. I thought it was aimed at me.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation