Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletrampis
mad hatter
 User Gallery

US to end policy that let legal pot flourish
    #24889175 - 01/04/18 08:23 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Source.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding the Obama-era policy that had paved the way for legalized marijuana to flourish in states across the country, two people with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press. Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

The people familiar with the plan spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it before an announcement expected Thursday.

The move by President Donald Trump's attorney general likely will add to confusion about whether it's OK to grow, buy or use marijuana in states where pot is legal, since long-standing federal law prohibits it. It comes days after pot shops opened in California, launching what is expected to become the world's largest market for legal recreational marijuana and as polls show a solid majority of Americans believe the drug should be legal.

While Sessions has been carrying out a Justice Department agenda that follows Trump's top priorities on such issues as immigration and opioids, the changes to pot policy reflect his own concerns. Trump's personal views on marijuana remain largely unknown.

Sessions, who has assailed marijuana as comparable to heroin and has blamed it for spikes in violence, had been expected to ramp up enforcement. Pot advocates argue that legalizing the drug eliminates the need for a black market and would likely reduce violence, since criminals would no longer control the marijuana trade.

The Obama administration in 2013 announced it would not stand in the way of states that legalize marijuana, so long as officials acted to keep it from migrating to places where it remained outlawed and out of the hands of criminal gangs and children. Sessions is rescinding that memo, written by then-Deputy Attorney General James M. Cole, which had cleared up some of the uncertainty about how the federal government would respond as states began allowing sales for recreational and medical purposes.

The pot business has since become a sophisticated, multimillion-dollar industry that helps fund schools, educational programs and law enforcement. Eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for recreational use, and California's sales alone are projected to bring in $1 billion annually in tax revenue within several years.

Sessions' policy will let U.S. attorneys across the country decide what kinds of federal resources to devote to marijuana enforcement based on what they see as priorities in their districts, the people familiar with the decision said.

Sessions and some law enforcement officials in states such as Colorado blame legalization for a number of problems, including drug traffickers that have taken advantage of lax marijuana laws to hide in plain sight, illegally growing and shipping the drug across state lines, where it can sell for much more. The decision was a win for pot opponents who had been urging Sessions to take action.

"There is no more safe haven with regard to the federal government and marijuana, but it's also the beginning of the story and not the end," said Kevin Sabet, president and CEO of Smart Approaches to Marijuana, who was among several anti-marijuana advocates who met with Sessions last month. "This is a victory. It's going to dry up a lot of the institutional investment that has gone toward marijuana in the last five years."

Threats of a federal crackdown have united liberals who object to the human costs of a war on pot with conservatives who see it as a states' rights issue. Some in law enforcement support a tougher approach, but a bipartisan group of senators in March urged Sessions to uphold existing marijuana policy. Others in Congress have been seeking ways to protect and promote legal pot businesses.

A task force Sessions convened to study pot policy made no recommendations for upending the legal industry but instead encouraged Justice Department officials to keep reviewing the Obama administration's more hands-off approach to marijuana enforcement, something Sessions promised to do since he took office.

The change also reflects yet another way in which Sessions, who served as a federal prosecutor at the height of the drug war in Mobile, Alabama, has reversed Obama-era criminal justice policies that aimed to ease overcrowding in federal prisons and contributed to a rethinking of how drug criminals were prosecuted and sentenced. While his Democratic predecessor Eric Holder told federal prosecutors to avoid seeking long mandatory minimum sentences when charging certain lower level drug offenders, for example, Sessions issued an order demanding the opposite, telling them to pursue the most serious charges possible against most suspects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: trampis]
    #24889311 - 01/04/18 09:50 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well hopefully everyone tells Sessions to fuck off again... Seems like we really need a good "house cleaning" of our political system.

I remember Trump saying something about "draining the swamp", I wonder how his voters are feeling about that now...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinefunga
Apprendista Cialtrone
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: LostCoast Flag
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: trampis]
    #24889317 - 01/04/18 09:51 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Peeps are so excited about buyin legal buds but they dont understand the big picture!

North Cal has been growing in the last decade thousands of tons of weed all pirate, now, with this legalization they are goin to bust all the growers that runs more than the federal limit type of op, seize their land and sell it to big corporation that are goin to produce your low quality super certified my ass bud...and here you go guys, you will be buying weed with the Pringles brand on it, o Netflix....I think is sad and disgusting...

A friend from British Columbia told me the did the same at the end of the nineties there...

If you love weed you should be for normalization not for monopolization that benefits only the government...

And dont come tell me about the quality and control over the final product because if is the same type of control that food and drug administration does over the food supply you legally buy in the grocery store.....man....you guys are living in the fairy land...:lmafo:
i mean, FDA says shit like sodas or fritos are for human consumption :lmafo::lmafo: All the poisonous and unhealty food sold in the grocery store its all legal and certified!!!
awesome!! have fun!! :smbfacepalm:

:peace::aum::peace:

--------------------

Every piece of information or picture posted has nothing to do with reality.

Mycorebelz
:peace::1up::peace:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: funga] * 1
    #24889325 - 01/04/18 09:56 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This could be a deciding issue for the next election.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24889335 - 01/04/18 10:02 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
This could be a deciding issue for the next election.

I really wish it wouldn't even come to that. Pence probably wouldn't be much better if Trump was impeached but it could be a start.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #24889671 - 01/04/18 12:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Fuck that guy.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: searching]
    #24889680 - 01/04/18 12:10 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

searching said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Fuck that guy.

For real. He's the kind of guy Jack Black is singing about in the song City Hall:

tenacious d - city hall

Quote:

The first decree
Is to legalize marijuana
The tyranny and the bullshit's gone on too long

You old fucking shrivs
Who blocked its legalization
You're banished from the land!

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #24889910 - 01/04/18 02:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I hate Jeff Sessions, that fucking Keebler elf.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Nature Boy]
    #24890876 - 01/04/18 10:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Sessions is exactly the kinda of clowns that run the local/state governments here in the South. They are the biggest hypocrites of all, hiding behind religion, drinking totties and smoking their tobacco, all the while chasing whores and using the same drugs they are shaming everyone else for using.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

InvisibleTheDrake
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: funga] * 2
    #24890997 - 01/04/18 11:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

If I can grow my own cannabis like we can grow our own food then I don't see the big problem with big corporations getting involved with cannabis. Just don't buy their bud or their food. Grow your own.

If your growing for personal use then you don't need to be growing hundreds of plants.:spliff:

--------------------

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: TheDrake]
    #24891007 - 01/04/18 11:49 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You can't even grow at all, is the point.

--------------------

InvisibleBig Bear
Earf Child
Male User Gallery

Loc: In love, On time
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Blabble40]
    #24891378 - 01/05/18 08:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Blabble40 said:
You can't even grow at all, is the point.

No it's not.  The point is that the Cole Memo is being rescinded.

It doesn't mean that state laws are invalid.  It means the government has more power to federally prosecute state law compliant cannabis.

It's a big problem but nothing has happened yet

--------------------
Need help growing? Ask AMU for hassle free answers.

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time...

Edited by Big Bear (01/05/18 08:41 AM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Big Bear] * 1
    #24891689 - 01/05/18 11:33 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It's not really more power.  It's a new administration and a memo isn't really power.  It is but it isn't.  The federal laws didn't change enough under Obama regarding cannabis.  And the GOP is in power.  The federal laws against cannabis already existed.  So the memo was respected, it was not law.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: trampis] * 2
    #24893959 - 01/06/18 11:27 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Dear Shroomery Trump supporters.  If you are reading this right now, I want you to die.  Die right now.  I hate your fucking guts.  You suck satan's cock, you stand on the wrong side of history and you support our enemies.  I don't think anyone should be arrested for marijuana, but I'll make an exception for you.  I hope you get arrested and sent to a for-profit prison to fucking rot for the rest of your worthless lives.  The world would have been better had you not existed. 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Learyfan] * 2
    #24894262 - 01/06/18 02:04 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Dear Shroomery Trump supporters.  If you are reading this right now, I want you to die.  Die right now.  I hate your fucking guts.  You suck satan's cock, you stand on the wrong side of history and you support our enemies.  I don't think anyone should be arrested for marijuana, but I'll make an exception for you.  I hope you get arrested and sent to a for-profit prison to fucking rot for the rest of your worthless lives.  The world would have been better had you not existed. 

Don't blame Trump, your former Democratic president had both sides of the house and did nothing for 8 years!!!

Both parties refuse to change the laws, don't just just pick and choose what fits your agenda, look at the WHOE picture.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Doc9151]
    #24894356 - 01/06/18 02:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Listen.  The only way for you to save your soul now is to commit suicide.  Look how far you've fallen.  Look at the energy you're putting out there.  It isn't fair to your family, friends or yourself to continue on.  Your pro-Trump stance is embarrassing and you need to end this before you do anymore damage to our collective unconscious. 

I say with peace and love that I want to help you move on to the next plane of existence.  I recommend swiftly getting your affairs in order and finding a way out with no delay.  Nothing painful.  Just something quick and effective.  In the note that you leave behind, it's most important that you denounce Trump and apologize to all of humanity for supporting him.  Also, please have your loved ones notify us that you've passed.  I know it would mean a lot to me personally and I'm sure it would mean a lot to everyone else here as well.  Farewell my friend.

:heart:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Learyfan] * 4
    #24894511 - 01/06/18 04:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Listen.  The only way for you to save your soul now is to commit suicide.  Look how far you've fallen.  Look at the energy you're putting out there.  It isn't fair to your family, friends or yourself to continue on.  Your pro-Trump stance is embarrassing and you need to end this before you do anymore damage to our collective unconscious. 

I say with peace and love that I want to help you move on to the next plane of existence.  I recommend swiftly getting your affairs in order and finding a way out with no delay.  Nothing painful.  Just something quick and effective.  In the note that you leave behind, it's most important that you denounce Trump and apologize to all of humanity for supporting him.  Also, please have your loved ones notify us that you've passed.  I know it would mean a lot to me personally and I'm sure it would mean a lot to everyone else here as well.  Farewell my friend.

:heart:

Where did I says I supported President Trump, I simply said you can't blame him, he didn't create the problem, nor did the Democrats do ANYTHING to change the status quo, except issue a weak ass memo.

You people are all the same, you pick and choose what fits your agenda. You fail to see the big picture. Both dominant political parties in the USA refuse to change the law. They make to much money keeping things as they are. They count on people like you , you feed on the division they have created and you believe the propaganda.

Political party sheep are the worst, they only believe the propaganda put out by their individual parties, they refuse to look at the big picture. Only seeing a small piece of the puzzle.

Things may actually change when people start thinking for themselves, which is something both the democrats and republicans dont want to happen.

If you really want to know where I stand politically, I would say I have more libertarian views than anything else. The Republican and Democratic parties have lost there way and strayed far away from where they originally stood. They are corrupt, plain and simple.

--------------------

Edited by Doc9151 (01/06/18 04:18 PM)

InvisibleAllforublue
Rookie
 User Gallery
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: Doc9151]
    #24905201 - 01/11/18 10:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I had a feeling he would do it sooner or later!  What an Ass Clown!

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: musiclover420]
    #24928154 - 01/20/18 01:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Well hopefully everyone tells Sessions to fuck off again... Seems like we really need a good "house cleaning" of our political system.

I remember Trump saying something about "draining the swamp", I wonder how his voters are feeling about that now...

as far as i can tell most still think he is doing a great job

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: US to end policy that let legal pot flourish [Re: allseeingike] * 1
    #24928364 - 01/20/18 01:30 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

allseeingike said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

as far as i can tell most still think he is doing a great job

Who is most though?

I see even a lot of republicans admitting he is doing a terrible job. I mean republicans are all for states rights (when it pertains to them at least) And sessions is trying to crap all over those rights...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order