Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >
Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Cryptocurrency * 1
    #24889128 - 01/04/18 07:46 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Who else is making stacks off this new block chain tech?

What are you invested in?

Really like the looks of Cardano (ADA), Ripple (XRP) and Iota

Edited by plasma (01/15/18 02:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: plasma]
    #24889137 - 01/04/18 07:58 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Got into XRP and Iota both at sub .30 cents - both on Binance. Got a decent amount spread through Eth, LTC and BCH, Have half a BTC in cold wallets. I need to put everything in an excel sheet to see what I'm sitting at. Probably about 16K USD in crypto overall.

I put 5% of my regular savings (so 5% of what's left after bills, groceries, rent) into it, since January. Played with day trading and just destroy coins in the process. Been playing with about $500 still, but I'm not going to play with thousands of dollars daytrading until I got my head around it more.

I have a script running on EthCrash (a crypto gambling game) the last few days that has been pulling about $30 a day without human interference. We'll see how sustainable that might be over the long run, I don't expect it to hold up, but it may.

InvisibleDieCommie

#24889140 - 01/04/18 08:00 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I already made my stacks in previous price gains. I am on the sidelines for this latest crazy one, but I'm still a fan. Hope it all goes well!

Honestly I hope more for long term stability than for speculators to make a easy buck. But if people do well in the process, that is ok.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: DieCommie]
    #24889223 - 01/04/18 08:54 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

A message on my computer popped up earlier to tell me that the owner of Ripple is now the richest person in the world.

I invested $600 into bitcoin when it was at $19,000 then it dropped so I had some time wrapped up in recovery mode. I started with about .04BTC and now I'm up to .065BTC which is pretty good for never doing day trading before. It's been about 2 weeks so far an I've learned a lot about charts and patterns. More than I would if I just bought Ethereum and let it sit there.

I had a couple rough trades too. Like the other day I seen that verge dropped and I just bought it without seeing why it dropped. I still made profit, but I didn't plan on having my money tied up that long.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #24889297 - 01/04/18 09:38 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Whoa boy. I've been in for about 2 months now, and if I would have just held on to some of my initial buys, I would have much more than what I currently have to play with.

I got in LTC at $102, it shot up a week later and the day I received my LTC on coinbase, it was around $380, so I sold and got my money out with some LTC left over, which I've invested and turned about $300 into about $1,400-$1,500.

I currently hold Cardano, Reddcoin, New Economy Movement (NEM) and I'm trying to flip 100 ripple today, which I was high and bought at all time highs last night, thinking it would continue.

Now, I'll probably see another coin start to shoot up, sell my RXP at a loss and try and make it up with another trade. Im way to emotional for this shit.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: plasma] * 2
    #24889375 - 01/04/18 10:18 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I got small investments in Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Etherum, and Litcoin.

I love cryptos!

I almost wanna go full homeless just to invest all that money into cryptos!

:wooyeah:

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24889419 - 01/04/18 10:46 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't made any long term investments yet. I'm thinking about buying up some lisk and holding for a while. What do you guys think of LSK?

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #24889843 - 01/04/18 01:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Here comes the crash! Thankfully I sold most everything this morning. I'm going to keep my bitcoin until everything is on the upswing again. That was a pretty wild ride the past couple days

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: plasma] * 1
    #24889847 - 01/04/18 01:47 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I mine a bunch of random coins with just my 1070 :smilingpuppy:

It's slow going, but what started as 30$ chunks has appreciated considerably.

Would be nice to buy one of the new antminers when they release presumably the S12... I get free electricity here :awesome:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #24891133 - 01/05/18 02:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

What's a good place to get BTC? I tried Coinbase and they wanted $17 for network fee.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Robo]
    #24891207 - 01/05/18 05:14 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I use coinbase and just pay the fee. Up to u :shrug:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24891208 - 01/05/18 05:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Buy Ethereum and exchange it for BTC on an exchange. Likewise, you can load coinbase with USD, move the USD to GDAX, buy BTC on GDAX and avoid all associated fees. Wait times on coinbase are pretty slow right now though, keep that in mind. I'm talking before they even put in an order.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24891233 - 01/05/18 06:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've never seen the fee % that high, I sold the coin back.

OfflineLetsgrowstones
Pebble
Female User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Robo]
    #24891305 - 01/05/18 07:19 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all,

A little of the topic I know but do any of you trade in bitcoin as in buy or sell goods/services for bitcoin?

How easy is it to send bitcoins to someone?

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Letsgrowstones]
    #24891308 - 01/05/18 07:21 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It's becoming more difficult because transaction times can take anywhere from 45 minutes to thousands of minutes. It's volatility makes purchases unpredictable. It's only value is as a digital asset prone to speculation.

OfflineLetsgrowstones
Pebble
Female User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24891334 - 01/05/18 07:37 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Oh I understand if you buy 100$ worth now, in a few seconds it could be worth a different amount,

How does the trading work, can you buy a certain amount of Bit Coin and spend it like normal money online?

Or is it not there yet?

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24891343 - 01/05/18 07:40 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Some places like RC shops take bitcoin, but most do not.

Coinbase has a cool option to exchange bitcoin for paypal instantly. Its free too. Ive used it for ebay, worked great.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Letsgrowstones] * 2
    #24891356 - 01/05/18 07:48 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It's got zero purchasing power basically. There are people who will take BTC as payment, but you'd be better off buying anything with cash. You can trade bitcoin for any other crypto though, and some others have faster speeds (less than 30 seconds) but are still too volatile to set up purchases with. There are a few coins that are stable and tether their value with real world currencies, but these aren't used for purchasing anything except other cryptos (that I've seen). They are used more as a store of value on exchanges.

I don't feel like any (cryptocurrency) will ever quite get to the point of being a currency on it's own without government adoption and strict regulation. There are crytpos like Ripple that make sending money faster, but the logic behind those is that they quickly buy the crypto for an equivalent USD value, send the crypto to the receiver in less than a second and quickly sell it for USD, making money transactions quicker than normal systems. This is still in the works for broad distribution though, and there will be many currencies like this in the future no doubt. Despite that, people will still trade those currencies back and forth driving their prices up and making the currencies themselves useless as a stable currency - it's only a means to transfer value quickly and cheaply really.

Essentially if you're buying crytocurrency, you are quite literally buying shares of a market pool full of everyone's perception of value rather than a currency itself.

Edited by PatrickKn (01/05/18 08:19 AM)

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: PatrickKn] * 3
    #24891555 - 01/05/18 10:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Check out the 'Money Matters' forum. Lots of crypto threads in there.

Shroomery - Money Matters

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #24891566 - 01/05/18 10:24 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This market has been and will keep being amazing for me until it's eventual downfall, hopefully not for years to come. Cashed out what I put in already and then cashed out another 5k profit yesterday because I personally find market trends lately to be fairly questionable and unsettling. At the moment I only have Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Stratis and not moving anything around until the inevitable correction hits the market.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #24892056 - 01/05/18 03:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Damn.

Do u think Cyptos are going downhill now?

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 3
    #24892123 - 01/05/18 03:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

They will at some point, to think this isn't a massive bubble is a mistake. I don't think it'll pop soon but no one really knows when it will either. There seems to be a "invest in whatever is as cheap as possible" movement going on from what I've been watching the past few days rather then people investing more into promising projects that have a lot going for them.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #24892156 - 01/05/18 03:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

There was a place I tried once, when I was pissed with Coinbase. It had a chat format, and linked you up with someone who'd sell you coin using PayPal. It had an escrow system and everything. I bought a good amount off this random Egyptian guy, all he wanted was a picture of my license.

Anyone know the place I'm talking about?

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Robo] * 1
    #24892181 - 01/05/18 03:57 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Robo Shaman said:
There was a place I tried once, when I was pissed with Coinbase. It had a chat format, and linked you up with someone who'd sell you coin using PayPal. It had an escrow system and everything. I bought a good amount off this random Egyptian guy, all he wanted was a picture of my license.

Anyone know the place I'm talking about?

Possibly localbitcoins but there's a couple of places like this

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisiblewingnutx

#24892184 - 01/05/18 04:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
They will at some point, to think this isn't a massive bubble is a mistake. I don't think it'll pop soon but no one really knows when it will either. There seems to be a "invest in whatever is as cheap as possible" movement going on from what I've been watching the past few days rather then people investing more into promising projects that have a lot going for them.

Oh yeah.

There will be a massive correction and culling of the weak at some point.

Some of my shitcoins are doing really well on paper right now, though :smile:

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: wingnutx]
    #24892960 - 01/05/18 09:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

As long as you're making money that's all that matters :yesnod:. Hopefully I don't miss my chance to do what I want to because I want to sell on coinbase into USD and have it sit on coinbase before the correction hits so I can buy right back in after it dips during the bargain sale without whatever I have it sitting in now losing value.  It's hard to guess when that'll happen but I just have a feeling this next correction is going to be a helluva dip across the board considering the extremely massive rise within pretty much just a few days for absolutely no reason at all, feel that way even more just because of which cryptos are gaining the most recently considering their gain is from an influx of new money :lol:

OfflineSoulDEAD
Stranger
    #24893152 - 01/05/18 11:20 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Up 200% this month, what what

:nyan:

OfflineLetsgrowstones
Pebble
Female User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: SoulDEAD] * 1
    #24893304 - 01/06/18 02:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

That's ridiculous!!

Maybe I should throw some cash at it!!

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Letsgrowstones] * 1
    #24893327 - 01/06/18 02:48 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

As long as it's cash you're willing to lose, it's easy to make money in crypto but it's just as easy to lose it.

OfflineLightRay
Lord Hubert
 User Gallery

#24893368 - 01/06/18 03:59 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Don't buy fed coin  (ripple)

The whole point in bitcoin was to liberate us of some of the woes of being dominated by the banksters.

Why the fuck would you start funding them again when we can fund decentralised and honest barter systems?

Jebus  :epicfacepalm:

Let me tell you what can end war and slavery on Earth - non-participation / non-support.

At the core of this is removing the funding and finances of these psychopath banksters who have risen to dominate the good people.

Do not buy fed coins unless you support slavery, war and enjoy being dominated to the point where you can't even consume a plant.

Amazed that I'm seeing support for this from this community.  I mean WTF.  We are dragging ourselves out of the dump cease pool that the old system was, please don't bring it back ffs.

--------------------
The secret to life is to put positive loving energy Into every thought and action you do <3
Be Aware. Believe. Be here now
Everything is a reflection of ones self.  Of God and you are God.  All is conscious.  All is consciousness. 
There is no death, only life. Your mission is to raise your vibration and every one else around you.
Open Your Mind!

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: LightRay] * 2
    #24893376 - 01/06/18 04:04 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Fuck personal feelings, for now this market is about making money and ripple is appealing and while it is centralized, it still isn't a government crypto. The masses are going to choose whatever they want regardless of our own personal opinions on the matter, while I agree with you it ultimately doesn't matter and you might as well buy and profit off whatever you can.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (01/06/18 05:25 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24893581 - 01/06/18 07:25 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Letsgrowstones said:
That's ridiculous!!

Maybe I should throw some cash at it!!

Do it!

As Sirshroomsalot said, be prepared to lose it if cryptos goes "legs up".

Its unlikely but could happen.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#24893702 - 01/06/18 08:56 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

My spirit guide advised me to, whenever I make 10K take a krug out of the volatile world of Crypto in line with the old wall street advice "put 10% in gold and pray you won't need it".  I have yet to make my first stack but its sound advice.

:awegold:

SirShroomsAlott, they haven't even begun pumping Stratis, this is just natural growth. Back when I got it it was six bucks and now its 15, yay is me :smile:
Stratis will probably make it at least to 90 this year.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#24893716 - 01/06/18 09:05 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
Who else is making stacks off this new block chain tech?

For the record, with a stack you mean a 100x$100 stack right?

Trying to get there :smile:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Asante]
    #24893865 - 01/06/18 10:36 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

From my understanding Ripple was only made to improve transfers. It wasn't made to invest in long-term. It seems like more of a tool than an asset.

InvisibleliloldmeFacebook
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8
    #24894599 - 01/06/18 04:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

ETN is up from 8 cents to 20 cents each today. :woot:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #24894683 - 01/06/18 05:24 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
From my understanding Ripple was only made to improve transfers. It wasn't made to invest in long-term. It seems like more of a tool than an asset.

McAfee is a tool, Ripple is an asset.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Asante] * 1
    #24894692 - 01/06/18 05:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The verge thing was interesting to watch
A buddy of mine fell for the pump, sold his ripple for verge

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#24894698 - 01/06/18 05:31 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Just because it got pumped prematurely doesn't mean Verge is no good. Give it some time and it rises up.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24894706 - 01/06/18 05:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Verge was definitely pumped way beyond what it should of been worth but it's still a promising crypto, it's just got an extremely poor marketing team and the developers really suck at keeping deadlines, I still hold a small fraction of what I initially put in because I feel it'll go up at some point but I already made over 25k off it alone so I have nothing bad to say about it lol

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24894778 - 01/06/18 06:11 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Idk what you’re talking about. Verge blows in comparison to other privacy based crypto currencies

InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24894793 - 01/06/18 06:19 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Have not put a penny into any of them, unfortunately.

Wish I saw more posts about BTC in the early days. First time I heard about it it had doubled or tripled in a short time to $30....And I just read the headline and was like, "LOL - $30 for a fake internet coin - are these people retarded?".

And then it crept to $100...Then $1000....Then this year I check the value of it every single day even though I have no stake in it.

My brother just put $2500 into Ethereum at over $900 and he's already up about $300. At one point years ago he had 12 bitcoins but only held on for a period of days or hours (when it was around $250/bitcoin).

Edited by Confucian (01/06/18 06:25 PM)

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Confucian]
    #24894812 - 01/06/18 06:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I used to own about 5 when it was only 200 bucks per bitcoin, while looking back I feel like I made a mistake in selling them but I realize even if I held I would of still sold when it hit like 12-1300 again because that was the previous all time high when I had them and would of still regretted it now lol. Ethereum was a good choice, even if it and the market drops at some point it was still a good choice IMO

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Confucian]
    #24896194 - 01/07/18 11:23 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Confucian said:

Wish I saw more posts about BTC in the early days. First time I heard about it it had doubled or tripled in a short time to $30....And I just read the headline and was like, "LOL - $30 for a fake internet coin - are these people retarded?".

And then it crept to $100...Then $1000....Then this year I check the value of it every single day even though I have no stake in it.

My brother just put $2500 into Ethereum at over $900 and he's already up about $300. At one point years ago he had 12 bitcoins but only held on for a period of days or hours (when it was around $250/bitcoin).

Earlier this year I seen BTC at $900 and was thinking about investing. By the time I decided to invest the value already went up so I kept waiting for it to go down, thinking that I missed my window. I finally jumped in a year later and regret waiting that long.

I don't think its too late to invest.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #24896369 - 01/07/18 12:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah cryptos like Etherum could be a good investment right now.

But its still unsure if it will reach the worth of Bitcoin. Time will tell.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24896379 - 01/07/18 12:49 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Quote:

Confucian said:

Earlier this year I seen BTC at $900 and was thinking about investing. By the time I decided to invest the value already went up so I kept waiting for it to go down, thinking that I missed my window. I finally jumped in a year later and regret waiting that long.

I don't think its too late to invest.

I was this bubble guy, but not with ripple

This is me now.

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#24897555 - 01/07/18 10:06 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

i h ave qsp which i believe in and xlm which is just some trash i'll hold onto to see what happens with it (backing by stripe founder is smewhat powerful).

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: teamkiller] * 1
    #24898400 - 01/08/18 11:54 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Just got 500k PAC coin and 112k NYC coin, speculative... yolo

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomism]
    #24898435 - 01/08/18 12:21 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Get rid of the PAC! Get some TX coin or Unikoin. Look it up first if you haven't. I honestly haven't, but I have only heard that PAC is a shit coin.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24898450 - 01/08/18 12:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I already have TRX, ICX, XVG, XRP, NEO, XMR, ADA, IOTA, XLM, POE, SALT, LEND.. I'm just diversifying!!!1111$@#!$%

I don't really listen to all the FUD out there regarding coins. For every coin out there there's a legion of haters saying it's a shit coin.

And if it does turn out to be total shit, well I'm only out about 100 bucks.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#24898452 - 01/08/18 12:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Look into UBQ :smile:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #24899110 - 01/08/18 05:55 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

pac is just over a satoshi isn't it? A lot of alts are down now.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24899339 - 01/08/18 08:12 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Look into UBQ :smile:

Thanks for the tip, I got in it and its one of my only cryptos going up. The weekly chart made a nice tea cup shape. That's a good sign!

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

#24899533 - 01/08/18 09:33 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

My holdings right now: ICX, XRP, ETH, BNB, XRB, VEN, XLM, ENG, AION, XVG, WAVES, RDD.

Only lost money on XRB (RaiBlocks) because my dumbass had FOMO when I purchased it. Should have waited for the drop. Its being added to binance soon though so I am hoping that will give it a major pump like it typically does.

Even during this recent drop it feels good looking down the portfolio seeing +100-200%. Feel like its becoming addictive can't stop looking and I get a dopamine rush every pump. Can we consider cryptos main stream now? My mother asked me how to buy Ripple and I hear ghetto homies on the streets talking about how theyre going to be millionaire from that new 'tron shit'.

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: danielx] * 1
    #24899809 - 01/09/18 01:25 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It's stupidly mainstream now :lol:

tfw you were that hipster ass mofo telling people about this sheit for 24 years then you gotta listen to it every day as soon as 1 SHEEPLE media channel picks it up :fuckthisshit::fuckthisshit::fuckthisshit:

But of course we was waiting for the chump change to come in and pump up the X - CHANGE:fuckthisshit::awecid: :alphabrain:  :cantlookaway: I wonder where :boxxy: is now - I could probably buy her with digibyte SKEIN

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24899820 - 01/09/18 01:47 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I have investments in Litecoin, XRP, and QTUM -- I have seen substantial returns in all three alt-coins.

--------------------
A society governed in terms of double standards is self-destructive

Edited by Asclepius (01/09/18 01:48 AM)

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24899993 - 01/09/18 05:25 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Best place to put this and it's open to anyone really (I considered money matters but I know the people in there are going to be talking about stuff way over my head)..

I'm kind of considering maybe putting down a considerable amount (for us) into some crypto and try my luck at making a bit. I've been watching nearly daily for months now, of all kinds of coins, trying to get a feel for the patterns and I started making predictions and a lot turned out to be right. I think I'm ready to put it to the real test, I'm not looking for a big score or anything and I don't even expect to get rich. I know there's no way anyone can say for sure what is safe, what is going to going to keep going up, but if you had about 400-500 to invest, and wanted something that wasn't a gamble based on netting massive returns, but at the same time, has a good chance to keep going up. Which 2-3 would you choose?

I traded my BCH for ETH today. Could call it my first test of understanding I guess. BCH seems to be unstable and was headed downward recently, for the most part ETH has just gone up. Now I know at some point ETH will reach a peak and come down, but ETH seemed like the best bet of the two. I'm also not opposed to buying back into BCH if it keeps going lower. The BCH was from the split and I just never used it, decided to trade it in for something else.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (01/09/18 05:26 AM)

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomslip] * 2
    #24900062 - 01/09/18 06:31 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

There's a lot of good projects out right now but I'll give you my best guesses.

ETH, STRAT are the main two for me. ETH is an awesome project and IMO the best crypto that currently exists with only bigger things to come, my personal end game is to have most of my portfolio in ETH and think whenever the bubble does eventually pop it'll be one of the survivors. STRAT has had a problem with deadlines in the past but the team is really good and managed to keep their deadlines. It also has some unique features and has big things coming within the next 1-3 months (sidechains, ICOs, smart contracts) and as of now just lacks brand awareness and marketing which is planned to start very shortly.

Honorable mentions for a third would be XLM, ICX, XVG, EOS, IOTA, Lisk in no particular order, I'm sure there might even be better projects that I'm just unaware of or forgetting at the moment. There's a lot of really interesting projects out there so it's hard for me to narrow down just three :lol: But the main two for me would be ETH and STRAT. If I HAD to pick a third, it would probably be XLM for now and while I don't hold any currently I plan to buy back in and hold long term pretty shortly.

I might be wrong but I personally still think the whole market is over pumped at the moment and will be experiencing a large correction relatively soon but I can't know that for sure, I just still don't see any good reason for it to go up this high so quickly besides hype which will only last so long. The best thing to do is to take any mentions you'll get and look into them yourselves and decide which one appeals to you, I know you're already aware but anything you hear from me or anyone else is just our best guess or our own personal opinions.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #24900069 - 01/09/18 06:40 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

That's what I already plan to do, not just gonna run out buy and the first 2-3 mentioned or anything. I'd do some digging around, see if I can't "get a feel for it" and decide whether it's worth the risk or not.

If I do end up being able to make anything of it, I'll probably put a good bit of the profit into a whole bunch of "new/cheap" coins to buy and just throw them in cold storage and hope for another BTC :lol:

--------------------
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24900127 - 01/09/18 07:35 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Im seeing good things with Etherum. Wish i invested earlier. And bitcoin cash is doing good too, next bitcoin?

Wish i knew...

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24900281 - 01/09/18 09:34 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Im seeing good things with Etherum. Wish i invested earlier. And bitcoin cash is doing good too, next bitcoin?

Wish i knew...

Bitcoin Cash is a scam.  Take a look at Litecoin and QTUM, if you are serious about investing in a legitimate cryptocurrency.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Asclepius]
    #24900422 - 01/09/18 10:39 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

How is it a scam?

Like its not real?

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24900439 - 01/09/18 10:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

There are many reasons why it is a scam.  I will refer you to this article: https://www.bestbitcoinexchange.net/why-bcash-is-a-scam/

Carefully read the cons of Bitcoin Cash.

--------------------

Edited by Asclepius (01/09/18 10:51 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24900453 - 01/09/18 10:55 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

hmmmm....

Looks pretty legit to me: https://www.bitcoincash.org/

I mean, how can a scam have a worth of 2,500$+?

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Asclepius] * 2
    #24900861 - 01/09/18 02:05 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Asclepius said:
There are many reasons why it is a scam.  I will refer you to this article: https://www.bestbitcoinexchange.net/why-bcash-is-a-scam/

Carefully read the cons of Bitcoin Cash.

The author of that isn't extremely biased or anything :lol:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: twighead] * 1
    #24901677 - 01/09/18 07:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It might not be a scam but the creator of it acts like a literal child. One thing I've learned is to trust in the team behind a project, and the main guy behind that project acts like a massive (not homosexual) faggot.

Edit:

One of many reasons I think that.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (01/09/18 08:15 PM)

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24901995 - 01/09/18 09:49 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:facepalm: After watching that I'm glad I shifted from BCH to ETH

--------------------

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24902233 - 01/10/18 01:40 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Are you guys excited for BitcoinPrivate?  You'll get it free for every BTC you hold as well as every ZCL you hold.  The fork should be coming up in a few weeks.

--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 
EVOLUTION REQUIRES REPRODUCTION

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: MrBlueYoMind] * 1
    #24902250 - 01/10/18 01:59 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Never heard of it, will check up on it later, still coming down from a pretty good trip. Any kinda deadline set yet? I now you said weeks, but I'm guess that means there's no official date yet?

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24906920 - 01/12/18 01:40 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Just curious, anyone out there have some simple articles or videos out there that kinda covers all the basics of what the stuff on charts mean, list of things to NOT do (Inevitably in every new endeavor I do screw up somehow, big or small, and find out later it's on a top 10 list of what not to do..

Keep in my I have dyslexia, really technical talk is very hard for me to understand.

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomslip] * 3
    #24906941 - 01/12/18 01:59 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Try
MACD with the normal presets
in combo with
MACD with presets 3,5,13
in combo with
Bollinger Bands

Those 3 tell me where to buy. It also helps to be able to read a candle chart and know what the candles mean.

Learn to read patterns like teacup and head and shoulders

Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket

Buy based on the history when you can.

There is way more to reading charts then I ever thought. I've only been doing it 3 weeks and barely scratched the surface. Streaming live trades on youtube helps because a lot of the guys like to point out patterns and/or tell you why they wouldn't buy something based on the graph.

UBIQ coin should be good for short term. I don't know anything about it for long term though.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24906945 - 01/12/18 02:04 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks I'll check 'em out. I realize people go to college just to learn to do this shit so I don't expect to just instantly understand it. Really broken down guide/webseries (think "crypto trading for dummies") would be of a great value to me. I have a slight grasp on it and I have been spotting patterns and being correct but it's far from 100% of the time (though more than random chance should allow).

I could just Google it but there's too many people out there just trying to promote their own shit. I'd like to get recommendations from people who are just "normal" and doing what I want to do.

EDIT: Also all eggs in the same basket is like the one rule I know from trading and the like. Diversity is key. If I make profits off what I intend to initially invest, the money I invested will go back into other, "safer" coins and I'm going to buy a bunch of random (but super cheap) coins with some of the profits and just sit on them hoping one goes big.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24907205 - 01/12/18 07:01 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Best thing to do is find a coin u like or that looks promising, and research all the info on it. News, its technology, the price trends, whos making the tech, u get the idea.

No one really knows what will happen with any coin, but doing research on all its history definitely helps.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24907274 - 01/12/18 07:45 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I am, right now I got some money in ETF. Had some in BTC (about little less than 200, but prices were plummeting, they reached down to below 13,000. I told myelf if they went lower than 13,000 I was selling for now.. So I am holding it (in USD) (I usually buy it early and just let it build up a bit before spending it, this time no screwing around. As soon as I need to pay, I'm buying it and getting rid of it before that shit happens again lol. Not a lot but lost over %30 in 1 day because of how volatile the makret is right now.

As for coins. I'm definitely interested in ETH, LTC caught my eye too, it was only 300 a coin. That's really where I wanna get in on it. when they're like 10-200-300, that way I can buy a good portion of a coin (or a whole one) and then if it starts breaking the 1k+ mark, I can really start seeing some gains to play with.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/12/18 07:47 AM)

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24907563 - 01/12/18 09:58 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

A lot of people don't like LTC anymore because the creator sold his stock. There is a rumor that they will become the currency of Facebook though.

I watch this guy, I think his name is Neem, and his youtube channel is something like snipers tube. He does say what to buy sometimes, but he usually just analyzes charts, I also like the channel trade Trading 212, and Coin Mastery. There are actually like 6 or 7 traders I watch just to get a feeling for peoples emotions. A lot of this trading is dependent on if people are confident or not.

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Best thing to do is find a coin u like or that looks promising, and research all the info on it. News, its technology, the price trends, whos making the tech, u get the idea.

No one really knows what will happen with any coin, but doing research on all its history definitely helps.

You're right that you have to at least sort of believe in something to invest in it, but there is a lot more to it than that. You need to be able to read the charts to optimize buying and selling points. Like when ripple peaks if you didn't know when to sell you loose up to half the potential for gains. If you can read charts you can get an idea where to sell and which support it will fall to and how soon. Sometimes waiting 5 or 10 minutes for a trade can save you a lot of money if you know what to look for.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24909344 - 01/12/18 11:25 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

1. Read up on blockchain technology just to get a decent grasp of how it works
2. Read up on the debates on bitcoin
You should get enough knowledge between that to understand the basics behind how the coins and markets works

For learning charts I recommend watching some youtube videos. There's a lot of good chart analysts. Some people are pretty good at predicting how a chart will behave based on patterns.
If you're on discord there's lots of crypto groups. Crypto cartel is one I'm in - https://discord.gg/Eqqht7

You asked for a 'for dummies' guide so here you go

--------------------

Offlineagent
come in when its raiinging
Other

Loc: mullberry place
    #24909346 - 01/12/18 11:26 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

their wont be money much longer

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: agent]
    #24909349 - 01/12/18 11:26 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

LOL. Says who?

*There

--------------------

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #24909686 - 01/13/18 02:47 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'm excited to see what happens with ETN.

I just bought a couple more cards to mine with, now I have
three gtx 1070 8GB
two gtx 1080 11GB
one gtx 960 2GB
Current rates they should mine me around 30-38 bucks a day without the 960 says whattomine.com
IRS has no idea what you're mining as it wont be funneled through your bank like buying coins online
:datass:

Offlineagent
Other

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: liloldme]
    #24909688 - 01/13/18 02:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

sell now before the crash, its coming!

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

Invisiblebrk
Unless...
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA Flag
    #24909692 - 01/13/18 02:55 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'd be interested to know what qualifies you to be so confident about something that even the best of the best don't really know...

--------------------
"To the young it gives a vision of the dead and gone. While the old receive a passion to survive,
and the pattern picks the pockets of the palindrome, before the oscillating rhythm takes to flight..." - Rishloo

Offlineagent
Other

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: brk]
    #24909693 - 01/13/18 02:56 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

because i created it

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24909700 - 01/13/18 02:58 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Calm down there nakamoto, we all know the crash is coming and so is the rebound....the way it always does.

Offlineagent
Other

#24909701 - 01/13/18 02:59 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
Calm down there nakamoto, we all know the crash is coming and so is the rebound....the way it always does.

preach

--------------------

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: agent] * 1
    #24909703 - 01/13/18 03:00 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

it's gonna crash every other day now that all the new investors are playing. More are coming everyday I'm not too worried. I agree though it's going to be some time before things level out

Offlineagent
Other

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: liloldme]
    #24909705 - 01/13/18 03:01 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

yeah apparently 3 months, not sure exactly at which point we will start acceleration from the planet.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24909716 - 01/13/18 03:05 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The entire market cap has reached new all time highs and is somewhere around 250 billion or more then it was on new years 13 days ago. I'm pretty sure the acceleration has started even if it seemed wishy washy for a couple days now.

Offlineagent
Other

#24909719 - 01/13/18 03:06 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

roger that

--------------------

Invisiblebrk
Unless...
Male User Gallery

#24909723 - 01/13/18 03:09 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

What are you in at the moment SSA? You've always seemed pretty on point.

--------------------
"To the young it gives a vision of the dead and gone. While the old receive a passion to survive,
and the pattern picks the pockets of the palindrome, before the oscillating rhythm takes to flight..." - Rishloo

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: brk] * 1
    #24909743 - 01/13/18 03:30 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I bought 450 Cardano for a long term hold a little bit ago while it's a bit lower. Might buy another thousand if the price stays low or takes a dip later this week.

Invisiblebrk
Unless...
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #24909751 - 01/13/18 03:37 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've been hearing about cardano, but poloniex doesn't offer it. I've only just got onto cryptopia and they don't seem to have it either.

I have ETH, ETC, LTC, STR and STRAT as my main holdings, and they've treated me well. It's always good to get into up and comers though.

--------------------

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

#24909794 - 01/13/18 04:24 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I bought a bunch of panda coins for the F of it when they went live on cryptopia. Buying 100-200 dollars of most alt coins under a penny before more investors start coming in. I feel like more and more people are sparking an interest and dont have 10k+ to invest in the big boys. Made a good chunk off LINDA coins yesterday during the pump

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24910144 - 01/13/18 09:16 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

brk said:
I've been hearing about cardano, but poloniex doesn't offer it. I've only just got onto cryptopia and they don't seem to have it either.

I have ETH, ETC, LTC, STR and STRAT as my main holdings, and they've treated me well. It's always good to get into up and comers though.

Are you sure? I've never been on those sites, but it seems Cardano (ADA) should be on all of them right

Offlineagent
Other

#24910259 - 01/13/18 09:56 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

just be on nothing man, when it comes itll be all you need. no need to stress about anything else.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24910806 - 01/13/18 12:33 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Bitcoin just got done crashing, was everyone looking out the window when it happened? It is now recovering from the crash and going up again. It may wobble some more but smart money is still in it and more coming. We welcome those with weak hands or who have been listening to the wrong sources and let go of their coin. We pick it up and profit. :cool:

Speaking of which, a very believable btc hard fork is scheduled to happen around jan 18, get your orders in early because it may happen sooner. Free money falling from the skies. BCH was worth only 400 when it came out, dipped to 200 and something, now over 2500 and sky is the limit. It may overtake btc some day.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24910818 - 01/13/18 12:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

brk said:
What are you in at the moment SSA? You've always seemed pretty on point.

For now I've traded the vast majority of my holdings into Stratis which is kind of dumb since it's just a better idea to diversify your investments but they have a lot coming up in the short term that can make it jump up pretty high if it all goes smoothly which I think it will since they have pushed things off when they found something buggy in the past and they're making some announcements about their upcoming sidechain's/ICO's sometime this month, the CEO has been extremely confident about it which makes me think it's been ready to launch. And since they're already a pretty stable and healthy growing crypto in terms of pricing with practically zero marketing/advertising and are finally planning to start spending money on promoting their project relatively shortly I personally have a really good feeling about them in the short term, they already offer a lot more then a lot of top 20 cryptos and even some top 10 cryptos and just lack brand awareness at this point and are already unique because of the C# programming. The only thing they're really missing is just smart contracts which will be implemented sometime before the end of March if they follow their roadmap.

https://i.redd.it/uennh56qyu901.jpg He's the CEO for STRAT and said this on their slack channel either this morning or last night. I'm assuming it'll be something about the ICO's but hopefully it's even more than just that.

The only other thing I'm holding for now is some ethereum which I might temporarily trade into bitcoin before the 18th just to get the free coins stonehenge just mentioned. When STRAT goes where I think it will I plan to put 25% of it into ETH for long term holding and trade another 25% to get my bitcoin back and grab ICX, EOS, and XLM for long term holding, ADA I want to get into but I'm just going to keep an eye on that for now because the market cap for it seems overblown to me based on what it currently offers. If strat reaches above 100$ at some point I'll probably use the remaining 50% to grab a couple more bitcoins and then just keep like 20% of the STRAT I currently have to sit on for the long term.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24910911 - 01/13/18 01:13 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Some insane arbitrage opportunities for Bitcoin Diamond right now, with the price for it ranging from $33 to $400 depending on the exchange.

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24910964 - 01/13/18 01:37 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

anyone know how I can claim mine? Never claimed a forked coin before and I had a little over .5 bitcoin in the mycelium android wallet when it was forked.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24910982 - 01/13/18 01:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
anyone know how I can claim mine? Never claimed a forked coin before and I had a little over .5 bitcoin in the mycelium android wallet when it was forked.

If you mean the aug 1 fork you have .5 bch coming worth almost as much now as btc was back then. Nice little xmas gift eh? There have been other forks valued at lesser amounts but still well worth grabbing up. How to get them depends on your wallet and its version. Search for the mycelium bch wallet if it exists yet. If not, simply take the seed from your old wallet and put it into one that extracts bch or whatever fork coin you want to get. There are guides on the net to doing it.

Pat, that may be a mistake and if you try to sell at the high price they will probably not let it go through. They may be talking about the diamond block which was 10 coins for each btc while the other site may be in re to one such coin. If it was that easy to buy for 33 and sell for 400, everyone would be doing it

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24911066 - 01/13/18 02:26 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Where is the specific language saying sending to another wallet is a transfer same as a sale and becomes taxable? I haven't been able to find it.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24911313 - 01/13/18 04:23 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:

For Bitcoin Diamond you can claim them in their main webpage I believe.

Invisiblepivotingpenguin

108 [Re: plasma]
    #24911499 - 01/13/18 06:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

deleted

Edited by pivotingpenguin (02/11/18 10:38 AM)

Invisiblebrk
Unless...
Male User Gallery

#24911600 - 01/13/18 06:33 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Are you sure? I've never been on those sites, but it seems Cardano (ADA) should be on all of them right

Yeah, I just double checked and they don't offer them. It seems odd that Cryptopia doesn't have them, they seem to have every shitcoin you could ever want.

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
For now I've traded the vast majority of my holdings into Stratis which is kind of dumb since it's just a better idea to diversify your investments but they have a lot coming up in the short term that can make it jump up pretty high if it all goes smoothly which I think it will since they have pushed things off when they found something buggy in the past and they're making some announcements about their upcoming sidechain's/ICO's sometime this month, the CEO has been extremely confident about it which makes me think it's been ready to launch. And since they're already a pretty stable and healthy growing crypto in terms of pricing with practically zero marketing/advertising and are finally planning to start spending money on promoting their project relatively shortly I personally have a really good feeling about them in the short term, they already offer a lot more then a lot of top 20 cryptos and even some top 10 cryptos and just lack brand awareness at this point and are already unique because of the C# programming. The only thing they're really missing is just smart contracts which will be implemented sometime before the end of March if they follow their roadmap.

https://i.redd.it/uennh56qyu901.jpg He's the CEO for STRAT and said this on their slack channel either this morning or last night. I'm assuming it'll be something about the ICO's but hopefully it's even more than just that.

The only other thing I'm holding for now is some ethereum which I might temporarily trade into bitcoin before the 18th just to get the free coins stonehenge just mentioned. When STRAT goes where I think it will I plan to put 25% of it into ETH for long term holding and trade another 25% to get my bitcoin back and grab ICX, EOS, and XLM for long term holding, ADA I want to get into but I'm just going to keep an eye on that for now because the market cap for it seems overblown to me based on what it currently offers. If strat reaches above 100$ at some point I'll probably use the remaining 50% to grab a couple more bitcoins and then just keep like 20% of the STRAT I currently have to sit on for the long term.

:takingnotes:

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: brk] * 1
    #24912123 - 01/13/18 09:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

My only other recommendation is if you're investing LONG term (meaning years or even further without trading around) and not in something for quicker profits that I feel you should keep it in ethereum. I might sound pessimistic and am just repreating myself at this point but want to keep reminding people why they should always be cautious and continuously take profits when available because this market IS 100% a bubble, 95-99% of this market is pure trash and scams that people will throw money into solely in hopes of an easy profit or just because of the aspect of buying something that's pennies in hopes it'll be dollars because owning a whole crypto or multiple of one is psychologically more appealing than a fraction of a more expensive crypto that already offers way more and has already proved itself. While I really don't think it'll pop for maybe even years to come..... it still will at some point and just like the dot com bubble there will be survivors. Even though I'm definitely  repeating myself again, we'll get the amazon.com's of crypto out of this bubble just like we did during the dot com bubble and while it's only my opinion there's only so many that seem guaranteed to survive and IMO ETH seems like the clear best choice for one of them at the present moment. Bitcoin probably will too but just going off of what ETH already offers and plans to offer it's IMO the safest crypto for very long term holdings.

So basically no one should do what I'm doing because I already took out what I initially invested with some profit and am taking large gambles because I'm only playing with profits at this point when the smart choice is to diversify your holdings into good and proven cryptos like ETH/others.

Sincerely, admitted ETH fanboy.

Offlineagent
Other

#24912310 - 01/13/18 11:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

all of this is done for november 8th. i suggest getting out of it around july, thats when the tip of the tide turns.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24912325 - 01/13/18 11:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You talking some nonsense son.

Offlineagent
Other

#24912348 - 01/13/18 11:53 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

yeah your right, it is actually 3-4 weeks after inception.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24912353 - 01/13/18 11:55 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
You asked for a 'for dummies' guide so here you go

I just took a look (I haven't had time since I've asked for help to really start researching anything yet) at that site and I think it's perfect for helping me wrap my head around certain concepts I'm struggling with.

I have a pretty good grasp on how block chain and such works (I had to do research into it when I thought I accidently sent my first coins to the wrong address and was trying to figure out if there was anything I could do, for the record wasn't anything I did, the exchange I bought it from was just shit and take forever to actually send you your stuff).

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24912362 - 01/14/18 12:00 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agent said:
yeah your right, it is actually 3-4 weeks after inception.

Now you're talking some sense son

and also just because I can't help myself....:andyistic:

Offlineagent
Other

#24912364 - 01/14/18 12:00 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

sry, had to get it it after some time man, just woke up^^

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24912453 - 01/14/18 12:50 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Will Ethereum take dominance over bitcoin? It sort of seems like BTC is being phased out for Ethereum. I wonder if I should start trading against fiat instead of BTC just in case?
Do you guys trade in the BTC market, or fiat, or something else?

Offlineagent
Other

#24912459 - 01/14/18 12:52 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

yes obviously, :wooawesome: drink it.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24912475 - 01/14/18 01:00 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Almost every time I look at ETH, whether it's by the day, week, month, year, it's almost always on the up (there are downs obviously, I can look at the week chart and see that if I had checked it at such and such time, I would've seen loss, but overall it's been steadily going up).. But it's not skyrocketing up like BTC did. As evidenced by this thread I know very little, but I feel safe putting money in ETH I don't intend to move around. I traded in my BCH for ETH and don't regret it. I intend to put some more into ETH sometime in the future. So far it's the only coin I feel "safe" dealing with. I'll be doing more research into other coins sometime soon though. I'm not just gonna depend on one crypto to make me anything. (Though depending on when I check it, I've already made $4-5 profit with ETH and I have less than 100 in it currently and have only had it a few days).

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/14/18 01:01 AM)

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24912548 - 01/14/18 01:42 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Will Ethereum take dominance over bitcoin?

It will, before going further I've stated multiple times I'm a big ETH fan and backer of it but it's the best crypto that currently exists. Bitcoin stays on top because it was the first and is never changed and it's only real problem for transactions is the scaling problem and the fees that come with it but it also offers nothing besides a way to send and receive money, and as much as people hate POS, ETH is heading towards proof of stake while bitcoin is proof of work which is what makes bitcoin need more electricity then what a lot of countries use to keep it running. ETH could fuck itself over by implementing a major flaw that they never found in testing but I think they'd go above and beyond before implementing something that catastrophic to the product. But it already has plans to help the scaling problem that was seen with crypto kitties with it's eventual casper update and other features like sharding that need to be worked out.

It also started the trend of smart contracts which is essentially blockchain 2.0 and has even bigger plans for the future like thel casper update I mentioned and all the other things Vitalik (creator of ETH) has planned for it. Bitcoins scaling problems will be fixed whenever the lightning network becomes real and it'll stay a large player in the market but I personally see no reason ETH won't become the king at some point in time, it already has way more going for it and plans to offer even more. It's one of the few cryptos where the market cap of it is actually explainable because of what it offers and how it's used.

https://entethalliance.org/members/ just look at who already backs it and are looking to implement the technology behind it. At least for the time being it's the king of cryptos even if it's not number 1, which I personally think it will definitely get there given time.

Offlineagent
Other

#24912554 - 01/14/18 01:45 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

bitcoin was destined to faile, crypto currency isnt based on anything other then tangibilities, nature can not sustain herself on such prinicples, this is obvious in the world around us, so if your open your eyes and allow freedom to flow, youll stop taxing yourself and learn how "cryutpocurrency" really works.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24912594 - 01/14/18 02:10 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Etherum definitely has long-term potential given its niche market in "smart contracts".

As for overtaking Bitcoin....maybe, in several years perhaps.

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24912597 - 01/14/18 02:15 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

agent said:
bitcoin was destined to faile, crypto currency isnt based on anything other then tangibilities, nature can not sustain herself on such prinicples, this is obvious in the world around us, so if your open your eyes and allow freedom to flow, youll stop taxing yourself and learn how "cryutpocurrency" really works.

I know how cryptocurrency works very well, you're talking some nonsense again.

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24912605 - 01/14/18 02:28 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Etherum definitely has long-term potential given its niche market in "smart contracts".

As for overtaking Bitcoin....maybe, in several years perhaps.

Depending on when the lightning network comes out and how well it works I could easily see ETH taking over this year myself, my opinion is mainly based on how expensive bitcoin is while considering how long of a wait it can be before receiving it and also paying a high transaction fee to send it, and what will appeal to new investors given how this market is only just becoming more mainstream and being opened up to people who were never involved in this market beforehand and don't know what to look for. Assuming I'm right and there's an influx of newer users who jump into this market thinking everything that's cheap has the potential to reach bitcoin status because they have no idea of coin supply or market cap, there could be a shift away from bitcoin just because cheaper products are more appealing whether they're shit cryptos or not. Either way I agree ETH's long term potential is there no matter what.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24912610 - 01/14/18 02:33 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Eh I wouldn't waste too much time on him.. He's one of those piss drinkers :lol: Plus, he's banned.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24912678 - 01/14/18 04:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well now that he's permabanned I don't have to jokingly suggest he's an idiot that made no sense or word around calling him a retard so I wouldn't get banned.

Invisiblepivotingpenguin

110 [Re: pivotingpenguin] * 1
    #24912756 - 01/14/18 06:05 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

deleted

Edited by pivotingpenguin (02/11/18 10:40 AM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: pivotingpenguin]
    #24913721 - 01/14/18 02:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

So im wanting to dip my toes in this ( like $50 to $100) just to get a feel. So which site is best for buying cryptos? Coinbase?

--------------------
Never knows best.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: spirit_shadow] * 3
    #24913736 - 01/14/18 02:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Coinbase to get the base currency (start with ETH).. then you can transfer to binance to trade for alt coins if you want

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24913744 - 01/14/18 02:43 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bitcoin said:
Found the post I was talking about. Source: Reddit (r/Cryptocurrency)

"If you invested $100 each on the top ten coins on CMC on 1/1/2017, today [12/15/17] you would have $43,700. Your best investment would be Ripple, landing you over $11,500 today."

Ripple XRP was valued at around 19-20 cents per share at the beginning of December 2017; you would not have earned more than $1,500, and that's only if you cashed out during the bull run when it was valued at $3 per share.  Litecoin, which only cost around $4 per share during Q1 of 2017, would have made you very wealthy, if you cashed out at its peak of almost $400 during Q4 of 2017.

I made a few bucks by investing in the abovementioned cryptocurrencies, not to mention my QTUM investment.

--------------------

Edited by Asclepius (01/14/18 02:46 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24913748 - 01/14/18 02:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Coinbase FTW!

:wooyeah:

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24913749 - 01/14/18 02:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I like Binance, Bitstamp, and the QTUM Core wallet is nice for staking coins.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24913750 - 01/14/18 02:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

First off, Thank you so much for any and all advice :shroomeryhead: so put it all in eth?

--------------------
Never knows best.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #24913756 - 01/14/18 02:47 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

If you really want to turn a profit, I would invest in Litecoin and QTUM coin.  But my opinion is subjective, as no one can accurately predict the future value of any cryptocurrency.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24913762 - 01/14/18 02:52 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

True but I thank you anyway for all input,  also just noticed something called cobinhood, is it reliable?

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24913772 - 01/14/18 02:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by Asclepius (01/14/18 03:05 PM)

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24913776 - 01/14/18 02:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Never heard of it.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24913801 - 01/14/18 03:09 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for the advise :smile:

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24913809 - 01/14/18 03:13 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You're welcome.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: spirit_shadow] * 3
    #24913842 - 01/14/18 03:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The exchanges I primarily use are Binance, Kucoin, Cryptopia and Yobit. It's good to be in several as not every exchange carries every coin
and one exchange might have a coin you want when it's first released and dirt cheap before it starts to appear on other exchanges (Kucoin seems to be good for that)

As for what to invest in.. man that's entirely up to you. Do your research. Everyone will have slightly different investments and styles.
Me personally I spread it across ~15 different coins. Around 50% for long term holding, ~30% for medium term/trading and ~20% for short term gains.

I only suggested Ethereum to start with, because well.. like SirShroomsAlott, I'm a big believer in ETH. It's a strong and stable coin and I believe will become the new gold standard eventually.
LTC is also a good choice. Coinbase only lets you buy 4 base currencies.
If you buy Bitcoin to start with, it currently has ridiculous high transfer fees and takes a long ass time to transfer. ETH transfers in like less than 5 minutes. 
Whether you invest heavily in ETH/LTC/BTC/whatever and just hold... or get some ETH/LTC and trade for other alt coins, that's all up to you.
Personally I'd definitely build up some ETH for long term holding, and use that or LTC to trade for any alts you want.
But most exchanges you need either BTC or ETH to trade for other coins. Binance for example, you cant straight up exchange any alt for LTC, you'd have to convert it to ETH first.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24913877 - 01/14/18 03:43 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Coinbase to get the base currency (start with ETH).. then you can transfer to binance to trade for alt coins if you want

Don't forget to load coinage onto GDAX to eliminate transfer fees from coinbase! Will save a lot in the long run.

Edited by PatrickKn (01/14/18 03:45 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24913887 - 01/14/18 03:47 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Damn thank you so much. Every response is making things a little clearer. That eth info is great as that will help me form a better strategy. Im leaning toward ETH now to begin with. So with coinbase I can use debit card to purchase or is there a different method?

@pat what? So if i transfer some to gdax I wont have to pay fees?

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24913889 - 01/14/18 03:48 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, GDAX is the exchange frontend for Coinbase. Transferring from Coinbase to GDAX is free, and withdrawing anything from GDAX is free.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: PatrickKn] * 2
    #24913892 - 01/14/18 03:48 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yeah I forgot the GDAX step! DERP

Yeah sign up on GDAX too. Make sure you get verified on coinbase.
Then once you buy your base coin, transfer it to GDAX. Transfers from coinbase are instant and free. Then you transfer from GDAX to exchange of choice, and pay lower fees.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24913898 - 01/14/18 03:50 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Wait gdax withdrawals are totally free? I thought there was still a fee.. just much smaller than if withdrawing from coinbase.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24913900 - 01/14/18 03:50 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yeah! Protips.....I like :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24913920 - 01/14/18 03:58 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Coinbase charges overhead fees and all that. With GDAX you're only charged the fees by the blockchain, gas fees and whatnot. You still get charged by Coinbase for the purchase of coins initially. This can be avoided by doing a USD load to GDAX, which might take a few days.

Edited by PatrickKn (01/14/18 03:59 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24913923 - 01/14/18 03:58 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Oh shit yeah it is free, I was thinking of trades.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24913927 - 01/14/18 04:01 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

>With GDAX you're only charged the fees by the blockchain,

thats not free

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24913935 - 01/14/18 04:04 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well, he means GDAX doesn't charge a fee.
So you do still pay a fee, just a much smaller amount than you would otherwise

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24913937 - 01/14/18 04:05 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Apparently for USD wires they take a $10 fee for deposits and $25 fee for withdrawals.
I'm sure that's to discourage people from doing lots of small transfers.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24914001 - 01/14/18 04:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

So load money to GDAX then use that to buy ETH on coinbase?

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #24914009 - 01/14/18 04:32 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

No, you'd load money onto GDAX through coinbase and just do a limit order for Ethereum in there. With the fees Shroomism mentioned though, it's not worth it unless you're buying a semi-large amount.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #24914030 - 01/14/18 04:40 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Ah so just use coinbase to buy eth then? Sorry for the stupid questions I just want to know as much as I can before I start this little adventure.

--------------------
Ban lotto

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24914032 - 01/14/18 04:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Save yourself all the fees tied into coinbase by transferring to parent site GDAX and transfer to exchange from there

WA La

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24914033 - 01/14/18 04:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Its the transfer fee that counts even more so with btc but eth and others have a fee too. Very few places charge you for the privilege of taking your money out or putting in. The wire fee is to cover their costs, last time I sent a wire it cost me $25 and some places its more. Some banks charge to receive a wire too, maybe most

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24914040 - 01/14/18 04:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Here's GDAXs fees:

Quote:

Deposits and Withdrawals

Crypto Deposit: Free
Crypto Withdrawal: Free

ACH Deposit: Free
ACH Withdrawal: Free

SEPA Deposit: €0.15 EUR
SEPA Withdrawal: €0.15 EUR

USD Wire Deposit: $10 USD
USD Wire Withdrawal: $25 USD

So if you do a ACH deposit.. it might take a week but it's free. Wire transfers are where you get hit

But yeah just use Coinbase to buy ETH then transfer to GDAX... OR transfer USD to GDAX and trade for ETH, which might be slightly cheaper but will take longer.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24914058 - 01/14/18 04:51 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Ok cool, so can I use debit card to buy on coinbase or is there a different method?

-thanks again you guys are amazing if I do end up in the green ill be sure to make donations for all the advise :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24914066 - 01/14/18 04:54 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

No love for Bittrex? That's what I use. I tried Binance, but it was too busy and kind of confusing. Bittrex might be better for beginners.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24914073 - 01/14/18 04:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You will have to jump through some serious hoops to get money into cb

binance is good just study it a little. Fees are great

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24914077 - 01/14/18 04:58 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Ok cool. Like shroomism I too eventually want to diversify. So I will check out bittrex as well :thumbup:

Im planning on starting this adventure friday when i get paid next( which is why im doing this cos I got a boost in hours for good and would rather start investing rather than buy stupid shit)

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24914106 - 01/14/18 05:09 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've only been using Binance. Have been busy moving to a new house since end of December, and was traveling for Christmas before that for 20 days, and then traveling for work the whole month before that. So been relatively mobile bound.

Get my internet set up this Wednesday for the new place. Planning on signing up for several exchanges to try arbitrage across different exchanges. Also have wanted to set up an Excel tracker to keep things more organized, track what I'm sitting at where, track what my gains/losses were each day. Because sometimes I log into Binance and see my total up, but am not immediately sure which coins had the biggest contributions or which ones lost value.

Sitting at 4200 on Binance (up from 500 in mid December), and some mystery amount between 10-15K in cold wallets because I'm not quite tracking. :lol:

Edited by PatrickKn (01/14/18 05:10 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24914123 - 01/14/18 05:13 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
I've only been using Binance. Have been busy moving to a new house since end of December, and was traveling for Christmas before that for 20 days, and then traveling for work the whole month before that. So been relatively mobile bound.

Get my internet set up this Wednesday for the new place. Planning on signing up for several exchanges to try arbitrage across different exchanges. Also have wanted to set up an Excel tracker to keep things more organized, track what I'm sitting at where, track what my gains/losses were each day. Because sometimes I log into Binance and see my total up, but am not immediately sure which coins had the biggest contributions or which ones lost value.

Sitting at 4200 on Binance (up from 500 in mid December), and some mystery amount between 10-15K in cold wallets because I'm not quite tracking. :lol:

FUCKING GREAT idea. Also wallets? Do you have to have a different wallet for each coin or is each wallet affiliated with each site? I was under the impression you only had one wallet

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24914242 - 01/14/18 05:58 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Binance for example has wallets for each coin, about 50+ so you automatically have it

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24914283 - 01/14/18 06:10 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I just bought another 100 bnb on the dip at about 22 even though I bought the last 100 at 5. But its showing strength. I may buy more now that I think of it.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24914291 - 01/14/18 06:12 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I have been looking up all of the ones mentioned and they look pretty cool. I think I may start with binance. I was also reading some sites have stopped accepting new users temporarily :/

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24914316 - 01/14/18 06:20 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah... a lot of the exchanges have been closing down registrations or only temporarily opening them to referrals only or a limited number of them per day.. due to being hit so hard recently.

Feel free to use my referral to sign up if they are open now which I think they are :smile: - https://www.binance.com/?ref=13133921

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24914354 - 01/14/18 06:32 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

No shit?! I wont be able to do anything till friday will I still be able to use it then? Either way 5 shrooms are heading your way :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24914503 - 01/14/18 07:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Probably...as long as registrations are open

--------------------

OfflineBigPhoot
Grand Pooba
I'm a teapot

#24914654 - 01/14/18 09:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know about you guys- but personally i"m dumping all my extra money into IOTA... Its the only one that could make me a millionaire with what money I have so, why bother with others amirite?

--------------------

The Aliens Breathe Nitrogen - Rep That O8 Brotha

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: BigPhoot]
    #24914741 - 01/14/18 10:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I tried to sign up on binance and got turned away. I refreshed 5 minutes later and they let me sign up. Make sure you have you coinbase account setup to withdrawal in case you need to do it in a hurry if the market crashes down

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#24914745 - 01/14/18 10:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You sell in crashes? :smilingpuppy:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24914752 - 01/14/18 10:49 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Oh yeah I forgot the GDAX step! DERP

Yeah sign up on GDAX too. Make sure you get verified on coinbase.
Then once you buy your base coin, transfer it to GDAX. Transfers from coinbase are instant and free. Then you transfer from GDAX to exchange of choice, and pay lower fees.

I know this NOW but I wish someone would've told me this a long time ago. I've been paying to transfer from coinbase to my personal wallet for like a year lmao...

BTW I used your link to join Binance. Dunno if you get any kick back for it or anything but that's why I did it.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/14/18 11:01 PM)

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: BigPhoot] * 1
    #24914756 - 01/14/18 10:52 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BigPhoot said:
I don't know about you guys- but personally i"m dumping all my extra money into IOTA... Its the only one that could make me a millionaire with what money I have so, why bother with others amirite?

No, you're probably wrong, but do what you think is best

Offlinetomnl
Beginner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the shroom
    #24914842 - 01/15/18 12:39 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone heard about Smartcash? Community build coin with some really cool features!

Greets Hank

--------------------
Been away so long I hardly knew the place
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case
Honey disconnect the phone
I'm back in the USSA
You don't know how lucky you are, boy
Back in the US
Back in the US
Back in the USSA

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: tomnl] * 1
    #24914972 - 01/15/18 04:06 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

CARDANO is going to make some folks millionaires in due time

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915093 - 01/15/18 06:40 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've really got to start trusting my instincts more. I've been learning how to read the graphs and stuff, but since I'm a noob I'm really hesitant to act things. I could've made back most of what I lost the other day when BTC was tanking and I pulled my money out (because that money was actually to buy something and things got delayed so it was just sitting there losing value, pretty rapidly).

I hadn't thought about converting it to more a stable crypto until I needed it. I saw ( I think) somewhere in this thread you can trade crypto for crypto. Am I right? Does it cost fees to do it?

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomslip] * 1
    #24915108 - 01/15/18 06:57 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Most folks will purchase Ether, Litecoin or Bitcoin from Coinbase and transfer it to an exchange Ie Binance (https://www.binance.com/?ref=12367937) and “trade” for alternative crypto currencies (altcoins).

Usually when bitcoin is in the green, altcoins are in the red and vice versa.

There are plenty of altcoins that have more sound infrastructure, team of developers, hash rates / transaction speeds / block size.
Bitcoin is considered blockchain 1.0
Ethereum is considered blockchain 2.0
Cardano is considered blockchain 3.0, standing on the shoulders of its predecessors; reconfiguring their weaknesses and building on strengths (Cardano is also co-founded by one of the core devs of Ether)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24915133 - 01/15/18 07:22 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Here is another airdrop coming up bcs

Bitcoin Smart: Forking at Block 505050, 21 January 2018.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915145 - 01/15/18 07:35 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Here is another airdrop coming up bcs

Bitcoin Smart: Forking at Block 505050, 21 January 2018.

When it forks, do we get "free money" again, like the BTC/BCH split?

Quote:

plasma said:
Most folks will purchase Ether, Litecoin or Bitcoin from Coinbase and transfer it to an exchange Ie Binance (https://www.binance.com/?ref=12367937) and “trade” for alternative crypto currencies (altcoins).

Okay but there's still a part of that I don't understand. When you say trade do you actually mean sell your coins, and use that money to buy the others? Or are we talking about a literal straight up trade like .09 BTC for an amount of Monero that is more or less equal monetarily to the BTC you're getting rid of?

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24915168 - 01/15/18 07:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You will usually convert your ether and litecoin into bitcoin once it reaches an exchange

Then you trade your bitcoin for altcoins

Most altcoins are only purchasable via bitcoins, they won’t accept fiat currency

That’s why bitcoin is a solid investment imo, being thatit is the primary exchange currency

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915182 - 01/15/18 08:06 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry if I frustrate you with this stuff, I just want to make sure I understand because not understanding cost me money in the past and even cost me some just recently because I wasn't think right/misunderstood.

Just so I'm understanding, I'd transfer the bitcoin I want to get rid of to binance from coinbase/GDAX and from there I can directly convert that into some other more stable coin? The ETH I want to hold onto. Right now I'm only asking this question for the future when I buy bitcoin in preparations to buy something and it starts taking a major nose dive before I can. I'd want to convert it into something more stable until whatever the hell bitcoin is doing that made me want to trade it out to begin with, stabilizes. 

And are there fees for doing that? I mean only associated with the trading. Not the mining fee to transfer to wallets/exchanges and such. Does the trade it self cost?

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24915183 - 01/15/18 08:07 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Correct

And yes there is a nominal fee for trading currencies

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915186 - 01/15/18 08:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You know what those are like off hand? Are they based like miners fees (meaning it could cost you 15+ dollars to trade just 100 worth of BTC) or are they "fair"?

--------------------

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#24915187 - 01/15/18 08:10 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I heard about somebody who spent a crap ton of bit coin on the so called dark web about 3 years ago and I bet they regret the fukk out of it now.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #24915197 - 01/15/18 08:15 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
You know what those are like off hand? Are they based like miners fees (meaning it could cost you 15+ dollars to trade just 100 worth of BTC) or are they "fair"?

Yes, there are usually "exchange fees" that you will pay on any exchange.

Binance does 1% on exchanges. You can get this down to 0.5% if you enable the "Using BNB to pay for fees" option in your account and you buy some BNB. You probably won't need much...I've burned through about 0.5 BNB in the past month that I have been using Binance, for example.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: trendal]
    #24915203 - 01/15/18 08:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Can I use bitcoin to buy gasoline, ammunition, or water, if the power grid goes down for more than 15 days?

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Fiery]
    #24915216 - 01/15/18 08:24 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, just gotta find the right guy

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#24915220 - 01/15/18 08:25 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If the power grid is down for more than 15 days, the guy who accepts bitcoin is an idiot.

All the myriad of cryptos rely on power. electricity.

Swear to goodness there's going to be a big solar flare.

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Fiery] * 1
    #24915225 - 01/15/18 08:28 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:facepalm:

That solar flare would have to take out the worlds electric grid

Unlikelier than a fucktarded unicorn

Edited by plasma (01/15/18 08:28 AM)

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915232 - 01/15/18 08:32 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Earlier I was able to log into binance with no problems. Now when I click login it just takes me to the "account page" and keeps refreshing every second or two. I had started the ID verification for level 2, and last I saw it was being processed, now the level 2 is just greyed out and no note about waiting for authentication.

Wtf is going on here? lol

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 08:32 AM)

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#24915234 - 01/15/18 08:34 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I was being really stupid...I forgot to read the forum rules! :blush:

Edited by trendal (01/15/18 08:39 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#24915241 - 01/15/18 08:37 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

They are probably still dealing with a LOT of people signing up! If you have already submitted your documents, then it will just be a matter of time!

You don't have to submit anything...as long as you are ok with only withdrawing 2BTC/day. I'm still only Level 1 :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915247 - 01/15/18 08:42 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Site's acting goofy for that's for sure. I wanted to play around with trading and see how it works first hand not actually doing it just messing around with the numbers and stuff but it says I have to be logged in to do it, so I click login and it takes me the account screen. Yet I go to the support tab, it shows I'm still logged in.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#24915250 - 01/15/18 08:43 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Try logging out maybe: click on the little person icon in the top-right and choose logout.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: trendal] * 1
    #24915252 - 01/15/18 08:44 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Also, you should download their Windows app...it's WAY faster than using the site!!

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24915260 - 01/15/18 08:48 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

>When it forks, do we get "free money" again, like the BTC/BCH split?

Yes, thats the idea behind it. How much its worth will be determined by the market. You will get them at the cheapest price, namely free. BCH was over 2800 yesterday. BTW, binance charges only 0.1% not 1% and it goes down to .05% if you have some bnb. I bought the bed n breakfast coin soon as I saw that. Another fork coming if you have btc

Bitcoin LITE: Forking on 30th January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTCL

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24915262 - 01/15/18 08:49 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Ok cool, so can I use debit card to buy on coinbase or is there a different method?

-thanks again you guys are amazing if I do end up in the green ill be sure to make donations for all the advise :shroomeryhead:

Right. U have to verify yourself first, then u can buy BTC, BCC, ETH, and LTC directly using a debit card. But theres a fee as mentioned.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915266 - 01/15/18 08:53 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Don't have it, where it should be it says "Login or Register" I can click register and actually get to the registration screen, clicking login just takes me back to the account page. What I don't understand is why it'd automatically just be constantly refreshing like that. If it were a problem on my computer or something it wouldn't just do it to one certain page on one certain website.

As for not being verified, I always like to be verified. Makes things easier on you most of the time. If I hadn't been verified on Coinbase I would've lost my account. I got rid of the phone number the account was tied to before realizing I needed to change it, had to use my ID's and stuff to verify who I said I was (and even then it didn't work the first time).
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
>When it forks, do we get "free money" again, like the BTC/BCH split?

Yes, thats the idea behind it. How much its worth will be determined by the market. You will get them at the cheapest price, namely free. BCH was over 2800 yesterday. BTW, binance charges only 0.1% not 1% and it goes down to .05% if you have some bnb. I bought the bed n breakfast coin soon as I saw that. Another fork coming if you have btc

Bitcoin LITE: Forking on 30th January 2018, For each 1 BTC you get 1 BTCL

Sweet! Gotta find a way to put some money in BTC before the fork, even if it's JUST before. I know there's no guarantee it would amount to any kind of profit but it's not like getting rid of excess BTC is hard.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#24915281 - 01/15/18 09:03 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That is probably a problem with your browser, and not the site. I can log in and use it perfectly fine :shrug:

Try removing any cookies from binance, and also your browser history for binance.

I would bet on it being a cookie issue...

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915323 - 01/15/18 09:28 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Can I buy ETH on binance then trade for alt also on binance?

Edit: also can i go ahead and register before I make my bank account?

--------------------
Ban lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (01/15/18 09:32 AM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#24915333 - 01/15/18 09:34 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You can buy ETH for BTC...

They don't do fiat currencies. They have USDT...but that is really just Tether, an altogether different coin.

You can also deposit in most of the alts that they list. The best way to get funds over, is to find the altcoin that has the cheapest transaction fees and that your current exchange supports. Works the other way, when you want to get your local fiat currency out of the market :wink:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915344 - 01/15/18 09:42 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Ok cool thank you all for the advise. Im going to keep reading and listening up until friday then set it up and go :thumbup:

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24915345 - 01/15/18 09:43 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Can I buy ETH on binance then trade for alt also on binance?

Edit: also can i go ahead and register before I make my bank account?

U need cryptocurrency to buy ETH first. U cant buy ETH directly using cash/debit card on Binance. On Coinbase u can thou, but theres fee and a delay.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915379 - 01/15/18 10:04 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Okay got the app, it's working (for the record I tried Googling the problem and it's a problem for people on windows 7 running outdated IE. If you have this issue in the future, update your windows) now I have another stupid question. How the hell do I find my address for binance? I googled it and it showed it under the tab "funds" but there's nothing there except a long list of 0's of all the funds I don't have. No where address or anything that I can see.

--------------------

Invisiblewaves

#24915383 - 01/15/18 10:06 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
Earlier I was able to log into binance with no problems. Now when I click login it just takes me to the "account page" and keeps refreshing every second or two. I had started the ID verification for level 2, and last I saw it was being processed, now the level 2 is just greyed out and no note about waiting for authentication.

Wtf is going on here? lol

What browser were you using?

That was happening to me a lot when I went to Binance on Firefox (the refreshing every couple seconds thing). Sometimes clearing the cache and restarting the browser would fix it. I have mostly just been using Chrome to visit Binance, though. Seems to work better in that browser.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: waves]
    #24915387 - 01/15/18 10:08 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Was firefox, it's fixed now though. Either way I have the app, so fuck the website :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleAsclepius
Human Being
 User Gallery

#24915388 - 01/15/18 10:08 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fiery said:
If the power grid is down for more than 15 days, the guy who accepts bitcoin is an idiot.

All the myriad of cryptos rely on power. electricity.

Swear to goodness there's going to be a big solar flare.

If you send me all your Bitcoin right now, I promise I'll give you cash for it.  I swear it!  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#24915389 - 01/15/18 10:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You still can't deposit/withdraw from the Windows app. On the website, go to Funds->DepositsWithdrawals then click "Deposit" beside the coin you are depositing in and the Deposit Address should show up.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24915390 - 01/15/18 10:09 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Click on "Funds" - Deposits and Withdrawals
Find the coin you want to transfer.. ie. for ETH.. click the Deposit button
It will give you a deposit address. It's ONLY good for that type of coin. Copy and paste
Use that address to send the ETH to from Coinbase

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915394 - 01/15/18 10:11 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Oh so you can't transfer from the app? That's what I was looking for lol.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#24915416 - 01/15/18 10:24 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The Android app you can...not the Windows one (yet).

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: trendal] * 3
    #24915423 - 01/15/18 10:30 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Alright got it, everything is all set up. Verified through Coinbase, GDAX and Binance. Found my addresses and stuff.. Now I just need some money to play with  :ohsodevious:

It's actually kinda fun watching these charts and trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 10:32 AM)

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24915434 - 01/15/18 10:38 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Stay current on updates and social media rumors / trends
It’s pretty interesting how a twitter post by the right guy can sway the market (look up what happened to Verge XVG about a month ago)

Be leery of “pump and dumps”. People like John Mcafee are paid sums of money to pump the reputation of shitcoins to get unsuspecting victims to buy into the worthless currencies, and the in-crowd will dump when the price rockets leaving the noobs holding the bag

Edited by plasma (01/15/18 10:41 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24915442 - 01/15/18 10:42 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
It's actually kinda fun watching these charts and trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

Welcome to your new hobby.

:awesomenod:

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915464 - 01/15/18 10:57 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Hah, this link might help someone else in the future: https://cryptopotato.com/binance-exchange-beginners-guide/

Found it while trying to figure out what all the different things on the chart mean. I know some of them, some I don't.

--------------------

Invisiblewaves

#24915500 - 01/15/18 11:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Anybody else watching NEO right now? It has been going up fast today and yesterday.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915502 - 01/15/18 11:18 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

plasma said:
Stay current on updates and social media rumors / trends
It’s pretty interesting how a twitter post by the right guy can sway the market (look up what happened to Verge XVG about a month ago)

Be leery of “pump and dumps”. People like John Mcafee are paid sums of money to pump the reputation of shitcoins to get unsuspecting victims to buy into the worthless currencies, and the in-crowd will dump when the price rockets leaving the noobs holding the bag

People here would have to tell me who to bother with. I don't really do social media or anything. I'm mostly a hermit. Looking at data and building conclusions off of it has always been a strong point for me. Like the Candlestick-volume trading link is exceedingly easy for me to understand. I know that's far from the only thing I should be looking at, but it's a start.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915511 - 01/15/18 11:25 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

So what will I need verification wise to sign up?

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #24915516 - 01/15/18 11:27 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Valid Driver's License/ID/Passport good camera (pics have to be super clear). Need a pic of the front and back of your ID, and then a selfie with you and the ID (and in binances case, a note that says binance and today's date, along with the rest)

No big deal really, verification usually only takes minutes (whether it's accept or declined). Though things might be a little slower right now.

OH, Bank account too. Forgot that one. They deposit and remove two small transactions (less than 2 dollars, usually just cents I think) and you go back to verify.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 11:30 AM)

Offlinedipsy
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24915526 - 01/15/18 11:32 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I dollar cost average with Icon (ICX), invest what I can in Vechain (VEN), Ethos (BQX) and Waltoncoin (WTC) and hold Bitcoin (BTC) as a store of value. But with ICX main net coming online Jan 24, I am defiantly looking to see a little gain in my blockfolio.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: dipsy]
    #24915539 - 01/15/18 11:41 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome thank you shroomslip :shroomeryhead:

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: waves]
    #24915559 - 01/15/18 11:52 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

waves said:
Anybody else watching NEO right now? It has been going up fast today and yesterday.

I looked at it. It scares me though. I put the graph to month and it basically just goes straight up in 2 lines. I thought maybe it was brand new but I looked and it came out in 2014? So why is only a few days represent in binance's chart? Is tempting to jump on it though. XMAR and GAS also have my attention. Never heard of GAS before today. Have heard of XMAR. XMAR seems like it may be getting ready to drop. GAS seems like a much safer investment if I were to put any money into anything right now. That's just preliminary based on the charts/trends. I'd need to do more research on any of it before I'd be willing to actually invest.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 11:53 AM)

Offlinedipsy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24915591 - 01/15/18 12:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If I am not mistaking Neo produces GAS. NEO is a POS (Proof of Stake) type coin.

Edited by dipsy (01/15/18 12:08 PM)

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol

#24915668 - 01/15/18 12:37 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
Was firefox, it's fixed now though. Either way I have the app, so fuck the website :lol:

I've always been told not to use the apps. Mostly for hacking and security reasons.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915676 - 01/15/18 12:39 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Shit im mainly mobile so dont go for the apps then?

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915692 - 01/15/18 12:43 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
Quote:

Shroomslip said:

I've always been told not to use the apps. Mostly for hacking and security reasons.

Eh I'm not too worried about it. I'm not sure what you were told but I would guess at least some of it is there are too many people out there too stupid to make sure the program they're running is a legit copy. That's why uTorrent had to add a disclaimer than it's free and to report any place/person that "Sold it to you". It's also why places like Hansa would tell you to make sure the address in their picture matches the one you're on.

I'm pretty technologically adept, it'd be hard to scam me, and I don't make nearly enough for hackers to bother with me. :lol:

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 12:43 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915722 - 01/15/18 12:57 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Thats a little comforting as im in same boat lol

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915739 - 01/15/18 01:04 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, you can even set up 2FA and shit. If there's some nefarious coding hidden in the legitimate program that's one thing and something I'd never be able to predict as I don't code, but I think the chances of that are pretty slim. My bank account or credit card accounts would be easier to get into than Coinbase/GDAX/Binance (vulnerabilities aside, which are just a fact of life)

--------------------

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 01:05 PM)

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915798 - 01/15/18 01:38 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Okay so everything I have on my favorites list right now just so I can watch and get a feel for different trends and all that is

ADA
ETH
GAS
NEO
STRAT
XMR
LTC
XRP

None of these are an endorsement or me saying these are what I'm investing in, just stuff I'm watching and seeing what it does. Anything else I should keep an eye on? XRP has me especially interested because of how cheap it is. I could easily buy a good number of coins and not feel bad if it just completely bottomed out, on the other hand, it has the possibility to shoot up as well. Seems like a pretty low risk investment.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915829 - 01/15/18 01:48 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah my plan is to just go like $50 to $100 and just learn as I go as it is a relatively small amount I wont be worried if I go bust. No matter what it will be a learning experience :thumbup:

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915842 - 01/15/18 01:52 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Be careful with small amounts. Those fees can eat into your profits if you're moving stuff around all the time. For the record Coinbase to GDAX is free and GDAX says it's free to send anywhere (unless I misunderstood it). Coinbase straight to a wallet or another exchange is going to cost you a good bit. Last time I looked it was like 18 dollars to transfer to my personal wallet and I said fuck that and started looking for a way around it, that's when I found GDAX.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915852 - 01/15/18 01:57 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah ive taken that into account for sure. Im mainly wanting to hold for long term. Are there fees for inactivity? So for small amount i should just focus on coinbase and gdax?

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915888 - 01/15/18 02:12 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

How long does it usually take to transfer BTC from GDAX to Binance? Not instant, right?
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Yeah ive taken that into account for sure. Im mainly wanting to hold for long term. Are there fees for inactivity? So for small amount i should just focus on coinbase and gdax?

I'm still a noob myself. What I'm doing is trying to learn to predict the market recognize when the crash is getting more likely and particularly when something that's been going down for awhile is showing signs it's about go up heavily. Definitely don't leave your eggs all in one basket and it's fine to move stuff around, just be aware of the fees when you're doing it. Like I try to figure out if the potential gains I can see that might happen would outweigh the fee of transfer. Look for all the nickle and diming and what not before you move anything around. I've screwed myself with that a couple of times (though not by much, just dollars).

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915938 - 01/15/18 02:30 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah you are less of a noob than me though lol so what would be a good initial investment? Im going by the saying only put in as much as you can afford to lose....which isnt much lol

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24915941 - 01/15/18 02:31 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

OK I rounded up all the coins I'm in starting with the biggest and the rest in no particular order

BTC
BNB
ADA
Iota
Neo
Lumen
Stratis
XVG
Wabi
ENJ
LSK
RDD
ETH
Dash

I have the most money after btc in iota, and ada, the most coins in rdd. I have no idea atm how much I have in the alts but with prices having gone up its a nice chunk. I missed the golden window on most of those, probably all but I'm still well up so it goes to show just listen to recommendations, do a little research, buy it and stay in. If you had bought btc when it was $5 lets say, would you sell off when it hit $20? When it hit $100, or would you have let it run?

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24915965 - 01/15/18 02:41 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah you are less of a noob than me though lol so what would be a good initial investment? Im going by the saying only put in as much as you can afford to lose....which isnt much lol

Eth I feel the safest with currently.. I really don't want to recommend any cuz I really am a noob at this shit lol. Almost everything I know has came from this thread alone. But I am currently transferring Bitcoin to trade a bit for a couple of others. Haven't made up my mind yet but I'm looking closely at GAS NEO and STRAT.

I'm still a noob but Neo's upward trend seems to be supported by the volume it's currently trading in. I ~think~ that's a good sign. I know when a coin's value is going up but volume is going down it's a good indicator there may be a dip coming up.

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24915995 - 01/15/18 02:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I wont blame you, I promise lol I mean I can either put 100 on now or just save for a couple months then put it all on. Or could I periodically add funds or is there fee to deposit money onto coinbase?

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24916013 - 01/15/18 03:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

The coins I'm currently hodling or waiting to sell:
(Some are long term holds.. some are just for short term gains)
Put my more longer term ones closer to the top

BNB
ETH
XLM
FUN
XMR
NEO
ICX
ADA
XVG
IOTA
POWR
ARK
XRP
TRX
NYC
PAC
POE
LEND
APPC

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24916029 - 01/15/18 03:11 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I’m hodling:

TRX
POE
ADA
IOTA
XRP

I really plan on hodling ada as a long term investment
I say trade the rest, buy low sell high, buy back in during dips

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24916069 - 01/15/18 03:24 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

That's the plan... most of those I've grabbed up in the past week or two during the ALTCOIN SUPER BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Half of them are already sitting in sell orders waiting to be converted to ETH during the next run.

Really dissapointed in TRX. The more that comes out the more it seems like a total shitcoin. I've got 3k I'm waiting to dump if it ever recovers..

--------------------

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

#24916138 - 01/15/18 03:46 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah just reading about trx makes me feel like I put my money in a shitcoin

But the way it mooned recently was enticing and I, too, hope it recovers otherwise :facepalm:

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24916151 - 01/15/18 03:51 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I wont blame you, I promise lol I mean I can either put 100 on now or just save for a couple months then put it all on. Or could I periodically add funds or is there fee to deposit money onto coinbase?

Well I put a bit into Gas if it helps you. Only 1/3 of a coin. Meant to do Neo but I've been up all night and I'm tired, either way it was one I was looking at so I might as well just leave it and see what happens. Might add enough BTC to go ahead and put some in NEO as well. Also have around .5 of BNB now, as well as some BTC I'm waiting to spend on goodies and about .03 ETH.

I don't have a lot out there right now. Binance has a .002 bitcoin minimum for trading (meaning whatever price you're willing to pay for the coin you want and what you're willing to let your BTC go for has to equal at least .002, kinda confused me at first but now I get it).

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24916293 - 01/15/18 04:50 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Jesus I've already made 10 dollars.. In what, an hour and a half? and that's without being able to play with large sums.

Edited by Shroomslip (01/15/18 04:51 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

#24916329 - 01/15/18 04:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Ok cool. So coinbase > buy btc or eth > trade for other alts on binance?

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24916331 - 01/15/18 05:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I'd go with ETH though, much faster transaction speeds and way less fees then BTC has.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24916341 - 01/15/18 05:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

You can get BTC to Binance free. Coinbase > GDAX transfer is free, and free to transfer to any wallet from GDAX. That's what I just did. I also bought the NEO.

Well I mean transfer fees anyways. I dunno what fees are like compared to ETH when it comes to just buying the coin.

--------------------

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#24916347 - 01/15/18 05:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The coins I'm currently hodling or waiting to sell:
(Some are long term holds.. some are just for short term gains)
Put my more longer term ones closer to the top

BNB
ETH
XLM
FUN
XMR
NEO
ICX
ADA
XVG
IOTA
POWR
ARK
XRP
TRX
NYC
PAC
POE
LEND
APPC

I know for a fact you're a sword fighter, direct dancing assassination if need be.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24916443 - 01/15/18 05:43 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I just used my last little bit of btc on binance to pick up another 100 of bed n breakfast or bnb for short

--------------------

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#24916457 - 01/15/18 05:46 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
I just used my last little bit of btc on binance to pick up another 100 of bed n breakfast or bnb for short

it is at the end of the rope metaphorically that we find freedom.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24916476 - 01/15/18 05:54 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
Jesus I've already made 10 dollars.. In what, an hour and a half? and that's without being able to play with large sums.

As they say in the crypto world... you don't gain or lose until you cash out. :cool: Until then it's all speculative

Don't freak when you dump a bunch of money in a coin and then it tanks overnight, as a lot of the new crypto people are doing.
Patience often pays off. Or it doesn't and you lose because you bought in during a peak or something
And making smart decisions/trades when needed. Ie don't sell all your coins at the first sign of a drop 
Buy during drops, sell when high. And/Or pick your investments and

--------------------

OfflineFeedingMyDreams
King of Cartoons
Male

Loc: tabb, va
    #24916489 - 01/15/18 05:59 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

If everyone starts making cyber currencies, it's going to dilute the market.

--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

#24916492 - 01/15/18 06:00 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

:whathesaid:

I've told so many friends the exact same thing just for them to message me complaining about how they traded when it worth less then what they payed for it just to watch it jump back up even higher shortly after. It can be easy to panic when you're watching something you payed for go under what you bought it for but just detach your emotions and as long as it's a good crypto and not a shitcoin/pump and dump coin that you're taking a gamble on then just have patience. And my personal opinion is that unless it's a super legit crypto you believe in, never buy in the green especially if it already grew heavily within a short time frame.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: SirShroomsAlott] * 1
    #24916499 - 01/15/18 06:02 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I introduced a bunch of people at work to it and they have all bitching to me about how all the alts are down! PATIENCE GRASSHOPPPERS
If it's a coin I believe in, I use those major slumps as an opportunity to stock up on even more of it cheap. I've been doing that with XLM and FUN lately.

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Re: Cryptocurrency [Re: Shroomism] * 2
    #24916509 - 01/15/18 06:06 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Every time the market dumps and I get panic texts from friends asking about it I just tell them to enjoy the bargain sale if they have extra money to spend :lol: I've already taken out what I put into this market plus a little extra but I'll still throw some money out of pocket back into it whenever it drops hard.

As weird as it may sound to others, I love big dips in the market because it's not only healthy for the market to wash out the weak players but also a great buying opportunity for crypto you've been wanting to get.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24916557 - 01/15/18 06:21 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Quote:

Shroomslip said:

As they say in the crypto world... you don't gain or lose until you cash out. :cool: Until then it's all speculative

Don't freak when you dump a bunch of money in a coin and then it tanks overnight, as a lot of the new crypto people are doing.
Patience often pays off. Or it doesn't and you lose because you bought in during a peak or something
And making smart decisions/trades when needed. Ie don't sell all your coins at the first sign of a drop 
Buy during drops, sell when high. And/Or pick your investments and

I know that I was just saying. It feels good to have done a little research and picked something up and have it do exactly what I predicted. I know I'll lose money too and all that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom