Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Air Pump, Hot Plate, Hygrometer, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethoughtlessthinker
Stranger

Help with a First Time Stealth Grow
    #24884217 - 01/02/18 02:32 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a new member of the shroomery and I've been reading/researching for a few weeks now as I am wanting to grow mushrooms. However, I am having trouble choosing the best tek for me. The problem is that I want a stealthy grow (no Sclerotia) and the best place for me to grow is inside of a window seat compartment (I acknowledge that it's less than desirable). It is basically a chest that opens from the top with a hinge and it has an electrical outlet in it. Its also large enough to put a monotub in. Though it appears I could have problems with air flow and humidity though I suppose I could still fan and mist a few times a day. For the past few weeks I've been designing a fully automated tub. Its very expensive for my first grow and I would like to avoid it if possible. Obviously, if I did not have these issues I would use a simple tried-and-trued tek. What is the best tek for my situation? I would still like to get as close to optimal as i can but do I even need the items listed below?
As of now, I plan on using the following for my automated set-up:
12" 18 Bulb LED Strip 6500k 450 Lumens $18
Inkbird Heat Mat and Temperature Controller $29 (Auto-regulated temp)
House of Hydro Disc Humidifier with Tuff coat $40
CPAP Tubing $10
Ink Bird Humidity Controller $35 (Auto regulated RH)
Shroom Supply: 2 lbs Rye 5 lbs Mushroom Compost - A Kit (ready to go) $36.99
Thermometer and Hygrometer $10
Tetra Whisper Air Pump $11
Mono
Best Spores for my situation? $20
Total: $210

I need your help. Let me know your suggestions :smile:

Edited by thoughtlessthinker (01/02/18 03:06 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Help with a First Time Stealth Grow [Re: thoughtlessthinker]
    #24884261 - 01/02/18 03:14 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

thoughtlessthinker said:
I'm a new member of the shroomery and I've been reading/researching for a few weeks now as I am wanting to grow mushrooms. However, I am having trouble choosing the best tek for me. The problem is that I want a stealthy grow (no Sclerotia) and the best place for me to grow is inside of a window seat compartment (I acknowledge that it's less than desirable). It is basically a chest that opens from the top with a hinge and it has an electrical outlet in it. Its also large enough to put a monotub in. Though it appears I could have problems with air flow and humidity though I suppose I could still fan and mist a few times a day. For the past few weeks I've been designing a fully automated tub. Its very expensive for my first grow and I would like to avoid it if possible. Obviously, if I did not have these issues I would use a simple tried-and-trued tek. What is the best tek for my situation? I would still like to get as close to optimal as i can but do I even need the items listed below?
As of now, I plan on using the following for my automated set-up:
12" 18 Bulb LED Strip 6500k 450 Lumens $18 - thats pretty steep for a light. a clamp light from home depot and a led screw in bulb should be $10 max.
Inkbird Heat Mat and Temperature Controller $29 (Auto-regulated temp)
House of Hydro Disc Humidifier with Tuff coat $40
CPAP Tubing $10
Ink Bird Humidity Controller $35 (Auto regulated RH)
Shroom Supply: 2 lbs Rye 5 lbs Mushroom Compost - A Kit (ready to go) $36.99 buy your own birdseed from walmart. 40# for $15
Thermometer and Hygrometer $10
Tetra Whisper Air Pump $11
Mono
Best Spores for my situation? $20
Total: $210

I need your help. Let me know your suggestions :smile:

get rid of all that useless shit and follow Zirans tek on pf tek. If you are going to spend that much on supplies buy a pressure cooker unless it is your PARENTS you are hiding from in which case you will be growing FELONIES under their house. not cool.

Offlinethoughtlessthinker
Stranger

Re: Help with a First Time Stealth Grow [Re: JHOVA]
    #24884305 - 01/02/18 03:59 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It's better for me to keep it hidden. Thanks for the feedback.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Air Pump, Hot Plate, Hygrometer, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation