Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts.
    #24878590 - 12/30/17 11:44 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone here established the ultimate solution to overcoming the terribly nauseating crude extracts?
Previously I struggled with preparation methods until I have developed a successful and reliable method.
This method produces a potent extract which turns out to me incredibly sickening and hard to keep down.
Ginger doesn't help this intense sickening feeling which lasts for hours, well into the peak of the trip.
I have come across an idea of using over the counter nausea tablets. I was wondering which particular substance has the ability to stop the cacti nausea drama.

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMike4aco
Soy el pinche guey
Male User Gallery

Loc: This third dimension
Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #24878711 - 12/30/17 12:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I buy a pack of Dramamine and eat half of it. I don't know if it helps at all, but I don't think I get as nauseous, but I've only done mescaline a handful of times, I don't recall having thrown up on it when I had Dramamine, but I'm still trying to dial in the dose

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: Dr. Delban] * 2
    #24878958 - 12/30/17 02:50 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Delban said:
Has anyone here established the ultimate solution to overcoming the terribly nauseating crude extracts?....

It's not so much because of the crude extract, that's just the nature of mescaline for some people :shrug: .

Some of the other material in crude extracts/tea might contribute to stomach discomfort a little bit...but even if you had pure mescaline, you're likely still going to encounter the nausea and stomach/gut discomfort. Mescaline is said to have high affinity for 5-HT receptors through out the stomach/gut, which can cause nausea/discomfort and is likely the main culprit of such issues.

One thing that has the potential to help attenuate this aspect of mescaline is lemon essential oil. I haven't tried it yet myself, but a few folks around the shroomery have mentioned lemon essential oil can help calm & sooth the stomach when it comes to things like cactus, ayahuasca, etc etc etc....

One of the mechanisms lemon essential oil is said to work....is because it is an antagonist of the 5-HT receptors through out the stomach/gut, so it blocks the mescaline (to en extent) from "plugging in" to those receptors and causing discomfort/nausea or a load in general on the tummy.

Basically just taking a few drops of the oil in water and drinking it before taking the tea/tar....search around the forums for "lemon essential oil", or send a message to sabnock and ask him about it (I know he's used LEO before).

Some other things that might help is a few datura seeds, or something similar and a bit more safe/more standardized would be Dramamine like the dude above mentioned.

-OM

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: openmind]
    #24879204 - 12/30/17 05:15 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Have you tried eating some food with it? Psychedelics can cause nausea themselves by stimulating the 5ht receptors in the gut as the previous poster mentioned. For me I don't always have it but food will remove it if I do. The onset may be slowed but it's a worthwhile tradeoff imo, and with a slower onset you also get a longer trip so it's not especially wasteful. Mescaline especially comes on slow enough already I'm not sure if the difference is even significant.

Offlinederanged
freek
Male User Gallery

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #24880244 - 12/31/17 01:35 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

A friend of mine said that if he takes 150mg every 20 minutes until he reaches 450mg (desired dose) helped him reduce nausea greatly.

I don't have experience with mescaline but taking the same/another psychedelic in a smaller amount or splitting the those helps me to reduce nausea. For example when I take LSD before 2C-E basically all negative side-effects from 2C-E are diminished while it still adds it's characteristic to the trip.

--------------------
Stretch these skies apart and burst through

Psychedelics and vegetarianism/veganism - Did psychedelics affect your diet? (poll)
Importance of good physical shape when tripping - please read this if you consider tripping while being ill

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #24880873 - 12/31/17 11:06 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Delban said:
Has anyone here established the ultimate solution to overcoming the terribly nauseating crude extracts?

A more refined extract lessens the nausea. It's still present but much more manageable. I like sulfate salts best personally.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #24881166 - 12/31/17 01:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Sulfates make nice crystals but they make you poop and cause GI discomfort (not nausea, cramps).

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: krypto2000]
    #24881220 - 12/31/17 01:57 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Sulfates make nice crystals but they make you poop and cause GI discomfort (not nausea, cramps).

For me with sulfate form mescaline it's the first hour and 30 minutes that any nausea is felt after that I'm good to go. The same time period after drinking tea there is a purge definitely somewhere in there. I do not purge on pure sulfate salts and strangely I have never had to poop from cactus alkaloids of any salt form. Other phenethylamines like MDMA have made me poop but not Mescaline or bridgesii alkaloids. As somebody mentioned previously in the thread spacing the dose in 1-2 small portions helps a lot.

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #24881237 - 12/31/17 02:06 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've only ever taken amphetamine sulfate, which is a low dose (20mg or less) so I'm really only reporting from what I've read, it's commonly reported in literature which is why you don't tend to see sulfate salts for drugs. The only other sulfate salt I've taken is MgSO4 and that will obviously make you poo, well.. so does amphetamine for that matter, but I'd assume it's the amp more than the sulfate. I've taken mdma/molly, not sure what the salt was, but I always assumed hcl would be the most likely. I've always used HCl with mescaline for that reason, but it does make tiny little crystals, it's sparkly, but not much to look at otherwise.

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: krypto2000]
    #24881659 - 12/31/17 05:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Citrate is the way 2 go, you may need 2 up the dose, but its way more calmer on the stomach.

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: Blazer420] * 1
    #24881671 - 12/31/17 05:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Crude extracts? Isn't extracting white fluffy crystals easy enough?

The way Im familiar with is basically an A/B extraction, boiling powdered cactus in water/acid + filtering/reducing the boils, basifying with lye, doing pulls with xylene and acid pull, then evap and wash crystals with a solvent like MEK

Pretty easy

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlineagent
come in when its raiinging
Other

Loc: mullberry place
    #24881752 - 12/31/17 06:25 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Delban said:
Previously I struggled with preparation methods until I have developed a successful and reliable method.
This method produces a potent extract which turns out to me incredibly sickening and hard to keep down.
Ginger doesn't help this intense sickening feeling which lasts for hours, well into the peak of the trip.
I have come across an idea of using over the counter nausea tablets. I was wondering which particular substance has the ability to stop the cacti nausea drama.

just use a crock pot method and evap to crystals, put the crystals in some gel caps dose and take a hit of weed for the little if any nausea you may have, i mean its pretty simple, i dont get why people still blend up the cactus and boil it down or some dumb shit, looking at crystals is beautiful too

--------------------

Its like going to your favortire location but doing that exact same thing multiple times to begin that we aware that your aware of it, and to join the collective consciousness of it.:wave:

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: agent]
    #24881755 - 12/31/17 06:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

yeah boiling up for some nasty as gunk is so not worth it, better off doing an extraction for crystals TBH

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

OfflineLove_spirit
Circle Of Power
 User Gallery

#24881767 - 12/31/17 06:35 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Not being a pussy is the solution. Dancing and opiates help to.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: Love_spirit]
    #24882560 - 01/01/18 04:33 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I add a teaspoon of citric acid per foot to my brews, to convert the goodies into the citrate. I read citrate is the most pleasant form to ingest, stomache wise..
Never had any stomache issues from my tar. Never puked and never got nausea at all..!?

Eating raw, dried cactus powder gave me the worst stomache pains ever, though.

-

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #24915449 - 01/15/18 10:46 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

Dr. Delban said:

A more refined extract lessens the nausea. It's still present but much more manageable. I like sulfate salts best personally.

Thanks folks.

ShroomDoom, where did you get that plate from? I recognise this brand...

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24915767 - 01/15/18 01:17 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone ever try a straight up smoothie with fresh or dried cacti?

I feel like a lot of the nausea stems from the taste, and the rest is from the mescaline.

The plant matter can probably make it worse in some cases but people eat cacti all over, they are like bitter cucumbers :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: musiclover420]
    #24917837 - 01/16/18 09:25 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:

I feel like a lot of the nausea stems from the taste, and the rest is from the mescaline.

The plant matter can probably make it worse in some cases but people eat cacti all over, they are like bitter cucumbers :lol:

I personally feel the plant matter is half the nauseating factor the mescaline is another half. Eliminate one it's easier to handle.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24917874 - 01/16/18 09:42 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:

I personally feel the plant matter is half the nauseating factor the mescaline is another half. Eliminate one it's easier to handle.

Someone should extract some powder then dry out the left overs and eat them to see if they still cause any nausea :strokebeard:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Ultimate solution to nauseating crude tar and tea extracts. [Re: musiclover420]
    #24917879 - 01/16/18 09:44 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see how undigested cactus sludge could not cause nausea or at least some kind of GI distress. Never tried it, but that shit just looks awful, I can't imagine doing so.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds