Home | Community | Message Board

ElevationChemicals.com - Reagent Test Kits
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJoeljr110
Stranger
First Timer Hericulium Mushrooms (FYI: Not Standard Grow Practices)
    #24869710 - 12/26/17 05:43 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Late this summer I really got into exploring for edible mushrooms when I came across a Comb's tooth Hericulium Mushroom.  I know I have a very large chance of infection but was doing this as more of an experiment however looking at the culture so far it is looking good (I think).  The attached pictures were taken 6 days in and there is a growing layer of cotton (Mycelium) growing over the whole surface.

No real questions as I plan to try Agar next but has anyone tried growing mycelium this way directly from the spores and have any advice?

Step 1: I took some spore prints from my first specimen on a paper towel and put them in a plastic baggy and stored it in a cool dry place.  I also had some mushrooms that dried out in my fridge that I incorporated into this experiment as well.

Step 2: I collects some coffee grounds and cardboard and put them into a pot and steamed them for an hour then let it cool.

Step 3: I put down a layer of sub-strait above and then laid the paper towel on top.  I also ground up the dried mushrooms and added them to the mixture.

Step 4: Put the culture in a moderatly lit room and have been spraying with water once a day.

Thank you,

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms