Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
My lucid dream and how it tied into reality
    #2486521 - 03/31/04 07:50 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

This thread is long, but very intersting. Please read it and tell me your comments!!

It's been a long time since I've had good deep sleep... so last night I decided to go to bed around 8 p.m. and wake up around 8:30 a.m...

Into the night I began lucid dreaming.. I thought i'd share what I remembered...

One thing I'll note is that whenever I lucid dream it always involves some sort of flight..

ex. one time holding onto a balloon and floating around the town.

The dream began with me and my friend kevin being in class, and him showing me a baggie with a couple of nugs of ganja in it and alot of xanax... a teacher then comes and takes the baggie away.. I proceed to pull out my little glass spoon and for some reason he spits in the bowl to clean it out...

Next thing I remember is walking down my grandparents street and two little homeless kids are walking on either side of me, both of them with scroungy dogs on their sides.. I remember them telling me how hungry they were and that sometimes they got so hungry their stomach hurt really bad...

Here's where it gets weird:

All the sudden me and the homeless kids are in a room with Kid Rock, and other people I don't know, and don't really remember, I could just feel their presence.

Everyone asks him to sing a song and he forgets the lyrics to one of his songs and is up there studdering to get them out...  :lol: I remember telling him how these homeless kids really need food and remember him looking at me and just ignoring the fact that I was trying to help them out..

Even weirder:

Me and my little brother are in a field.. with a kite... and there are two tornadoes on either side of us far out.. I could see them, but they were very big.. he lifts the kite up.. and off we go into the sky.. whenever I experience flight in a dream.. I actually feel like im flying.. not just a visual representation but I can actually feel it...

Next thing I remember is my mom talking to me and telling me how everything that the tornado hit smelled like urine...

Fast forward a little bit and I see a bunch of kids sliding down a huge mudslide  into a really dirty pond obviously made by the tornado...

Around the end of the dream.. I am in a room with some very cute girls  :grin: dancing with one.. then everyone in the room sorta fell asleep and I remember my mom coming and waking me up in the dream, then waking up in real life...

Here are some very intersting things to note, now that I am awake and have had time to gather my thoughts a little:

1: Earlier on right before I went to sleep, I was thinking about how I needed to clean my pipe out, but didn't want to break it by putting it in boililng water, because it has a crack in it. (Ties into my friend spitting into  the bowl of my pipe trying to clean it.)

2: Earlier on in the day, I remember hearing two of Kid Rock's songs play on the radio... (Ties in with Kid Rock and the homeless boys)

3: The weirdest thing of them all is: Earlier on that day I went with a friend to his school's ceramics class.. and was constantly smelling a smell of urine.. because the paint used for glazing smells like urine.. (Ties in with my mom saying everything smelled like urine.)

I have no idea where the young homeless boys made it into my dream, and where the tornadoes did....

I'd like to note that I woke up around 4:13 a.m. ... they say that DMT is supposedly released around 3:30 - 4:00 a.m. (guessing) every night....

I haven't been using any drugs except for nicotine for the past 2 or 3 weeks... so these dreams can't really be drug induced...

One last thing I'd like to note is: These tornadoes in my dream were destroying the whole world. I recently began having dreams about the worlds end not too long ago... you never know.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2486586 - 03/31/04 08:26 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Maybe the tornados came, cause you live in oklahoma. Have you ever been in a tornado before? I live in DFW, so we get them here sometimes too. Ive had these violent tornados in my dreams as well. One time they were destroying the whole city... tons of them! and i had to hold onto this tree to live... Anyway. It is getting spring time... and you knwo what that means... storms storms, and more storms.

--------------------
What?

Male User Gallery
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2486733 - 03/31/04 10:14 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

I love the storms. :smile:

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2487622 - 03/31/04 03:57 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Heh, that's a pretty chaotic dream there. I've had dreams that constantly change like that and I usually can't make any ties to my life with them.

And I'm yet to experience a lucid dream after learning about them...

But I haven't been keeping a very good dream log.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2487779 - 03/31/04 05:01 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

wicked dream! 

can't really say more than that  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: kaiowas]
    #2488509 - 03/31/04 09:21 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

that doesnt sound like a lucid dream man

Male User Gallery
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2489182 - 03/31/04 11:50 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

My dream was un-differentiable from reality or a dream.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2489571 - 04/01/04 02:08 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

thats not the definition of a lucid dream. Achieving lucidity in a dream means realizing that you are asleep in your bed, and the world you are experiencing is a dream world, that your actions have no consequence, etc. That is a lucid dream. You had a "vivid" dream.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2495894 - 04/01/04 05:58 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah, what the other guy said is true.

"My dream was un-differentiable from reality or a dream."

This is actually like, the exact opposite of the definition of lucid dreaming. :smile:

Not to say that very vivid realistic dreams can't be equally amazing at time.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2497722 - 04/01/04 06:50 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

PHARMAKOS said:
that doesnt sound like a lucid dream man

Why do you say this, what do you mean?
Have you had a lucid dream yourself before?

yeah ledzepln86. I also only once had a lucid dream, and that was last year. I know what you mean by "feeling of flying", it's completely awesome. I could not really walk most of the time even if I tried, because I kept being pulled up defying gravity and flying around.!!

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Male User Gallery
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: Merkin]
    #2505511 - 04/01/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Yes, I guess it wasn't a lucid dream then.

It was amazingly vivid though.  :grin:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #2505540 - 04/01/04 12:08 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

As an afterthought,

I once had a lucid dream in which the following insanity occured:

The earliest portion of it I can remember involved some kind of water ride. Like the ones with the log you sit in, and it goes through around the water track. This transformed into an amazon river and came to a shore. We exited the vehicle and were greeted by a number of animals that were, to my best guess, part wolf and part pig. They were living in horrible conditions and it was really disturbing.

The wolf-pigs turned on me, so I had to escape! Luckily I was greeted by some random girl who tells me that her family is waiting in "that car over there" and that they are leaving, and I could come with them. So I did.

Once we were in the car, the father was driving STRAIGHT THROUGH THE WOODS. Like, driving into tree after tree, just popping them right out of the way. (there was a huge noise, but no apparent damage to the vehicle...)

After he did that for a while, we escape the woods. Suddenly I realize that the family is not existant, and I am driving the car. The girl sits beside me, but there is no family otherwise.

*moment of lucidity begins*

I suddenly realize that I'm dreaming. I'm like "Wait, there were 3 other people in this car a minute ago, and I was in the back seat." to myself.

I look at the girl and say, "I'm dreaming."

She says, "No you're not."

I say, "Yes I am," with a confident grin. "I'm so sure I'm dreaming, I'm gonna go steal that car, just because I know I can without consequence."

I stopped the car and got out, then woke up. :P The only thing that sucks about lucid dreaming is that it's really easy to wake yourself up.

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2506353 - 04/01/04 04:50 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

ledzepln86, but could you control it and had complete awareness?

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Male User Gallery
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: Merkin]
    #2508632 - 04/01/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Merkaba said:
ledzepln86, but could you control it and had complete awareness?

Nope.

I can remember a time where I did lucid dream though, happened ALOT when I was younger.

I remember a vampire was about to bite my neck .. and I was on the edge of a cliff.. I remember thinking "I'm dreaming, jumping off that cliff won't kill me." Then proceded to jump off of the cliff and woke up right before I hit the ground.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It definately was a lucid dream.

Edited by HidingInPlainSight (04/01/04 07:00 PM)

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #2521153 - 04/03/04 09:07 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was able to lucid dream when i was yonger and I got good at it, I was able to move objects with my mind fly at will and even just about transport my self to a totaly diffrent location, although i found this very very hard to do. I could even materialise object to me to and change them into othre things which was also hard.

After a while instead of trying to will things to happen, i used to pretend I was on a holodeck and just gave voice commands to a computer to have things done.
this worked pretty well but i went back to using my mind cos it was more fun.

But I have not had any lucid dreams fro a long time, dam wish it was easyer to do.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: My lucid dream and how it tied into reality [Re: EvilGir]
    #2521700 - 04/03/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I used to be able to make myself float in dreams in childhood, with great effort. However, the effort usually woke me up after a little while.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2522687 - 04/03/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I had a very matrix related dream (i had seen the first and second movies that day) and I was able to move stuff with my mind. It wasn't lucid though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom