Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheDarkHeart
Bad Attitude 24/7 \M/
 User Gallery

growing B+ Cubes. i'm brand new, but i'm serious
    #24865720 - 12/24/17 10:47 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

below are some photos of how i'm doing. set 1 is the main effort and it's on it's second transfer.

growth on the LME is rather slow. how do i speed it up? temp is about 83F. i was getting some ryzomorphs, but mostly the mycelium is puffy.

set 2 is another dish i made. both petris have bright white mycelium and the very first dish i inoculated ended up having to be thrown out because i broke it to pieces on accident. it's mycelium was puffy too and it smelled strongly of mushroom

side light set 1

under light set 1

set 2 under light

set 2 side light

i think i'm going to use wild bird seed vice oats. anything i need to keep in mind for proper sterilization? an over night soak then a boil then PC? sound about right?

--------------------
"Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something." - Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheDarkHeart
Bad Attitude 24/7 \M/
 User Gallery

Re: growing B+ Cubes. i'm brand new, but i'm serious [Re: TheDarkHeart]
    #24865727 - 12/24/17 10:52 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

pretty sure i don't have contaminants in these. everything is bright white, and meshes well together as if it's one living thing. nothing green, or cobwebby. and nothing slimy like bacteria either.

I think my sterile technique was on point and my spore prints were made by a more or less professional amateur cultivator.

--------------------
"Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something." - Aldous Huxley

OfflineShineonyoucrazy
Apprentice fungi

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbo...
    #24865765 - 12/24/17 11:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The really fluffy mycelium is tomentose, which is fine.  Those set of plates need more work on agar if you planed on using those to inoculate grains.  Try another transfer or two. Take a small sample from the plate(about the size of a grain of rice from the leading edge) and transfer it to the middle of a new plate.  You want uniform growth from the point you transfer to, not multiple satellite colonies.  This makes it much easier to spot hidden contaminants.

--------------------
Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds :mushroom2:

OfflineTheDarkHeart
Bad Attitude 24/7 \M/
 User Gallery

Re: growing B+ Cubes. i'm brand new, but i'm serious [Re: Shineonyoucrazy]
    #24865912 - 12/24/17 12:22 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Excellent thank you

--------------------

OfflineShineonyoucrazy
Apprentice fungi

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbo...
    #24866030 - 12/24/17 01:25 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

No problem.  Taking the extra time to make the transfers and obtain a clean culture will be worth the small bit of time in the end.  For one it'll help you get practice and dial in your agar work.  Second having a clean plate will save you the headaches of dealing with contaminated spawn/ a contaminated grow. Nothing like letting all the hard work you put in go to crap in the end. Doing this pays off big in the end when it comes to your grow, and also your overall cultivation skills. Good luck!

--------------------
Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck