Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinedarKode
Stranger
Scared off shrooms...
    #2486525 - 03/31/04 09:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I started tripping over 6 months ago and have done so maybe four times. Every time I do I enjoy it so much and have never had a bad experience, although I was prepared for that possibility- its something I accept can happen and probably will at some point.

Anyway, I bought a kit that didn't turn out too well, but it produced about ten decent looking shrooms, so yesterday morning I ordered another kit from somewhere else, and me and a friend (lets call him Steve) took what the older grow kit offered us last night. The shrooms were powerful (Equador?) but very enjoyable, and we were having a great experience, plenty of visuals and lots of happy thoughts, laughing a lot, etc. We were sat with my another couple of people, one that takes mushrooms and one that has been thinking about it but hasn't so far.

So we are just sat smoking and watching TV, and suddenly steve flops down in his chair, like he fainted or something. He couldn't hear us trying to wake him up. He starts making noises like he is going to spew, and then his arm kinda sticks up in the air, his hand in a tight claw. Its almost like he was possessed, I know it was just muscles contracting but when you're sat there with him it's some scary shit. I managed to snap him out of it by putting my hand on his shoulder, by which point he comes round, completely oblivious as to what happened. He said he must have fainted and to my knowledge he has blacked out on shrooms once before. We didn't want to talk about it to him afterwards in case he started to panic so we let him believe he just fainted, but it was FUCKED UP to say the least. We though he was having a seizure and gonna die, he seemed to be having difficulty breathing when he was out too... Man it was like he was possessed, and the imagery of him gasping and groaning and clawing his hand in the air has scared me away from shrooms :frown:  I really like tripping and it used to be something I could look forward too, seeing the world in a fresh and beautiful way. But I never want to end up like Steve did. His mind was gone but his body was in sheer desperation.

The rest of my night was shit I had to sit up with him, constantly worrying it would happen again. I was haunted by it until I went to bed.

I feel dirty now. Like a junkie... My friend who doesn't do shrooms being there made the feeling worse because I felt like I was the stupid one for taking them. I don't value anything over human life and shrooms showed me a face of horror last night. They were telling me I'm playing with something powerful. I have always respected mushrooms but last night I got a very strong feeling of the mushroom having it's own divine intelligence.. guess some people will know what I mean it's kinda hard to explain.

Anyway, has anybody heard of this blackout thing? I want to do shrooms again, but I'm scared now that I know the shrooms can physically take you when they please. Does this only happen to some people?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: darKode]
    #2486603 - 03/31/04 10:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well yeah, mushrooms do have their own divine intelligence and you're right to respect them.

What else had he taken? Psilocybin comes around 400 places lower in the physical toxicity list than aspirin so it's not likely to cause major reactions. I suppose you could always get the odd one in a million reaction from anything. Some people drop dead after a reaction to eating satsumas but it's fair to say the odds are on your side.

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: Xlea321]
    #2486739 - 03/31/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I zoinked out on shrooms once. The crazy thing was it was only about a half hour after taking them. It came on way too fast, trails and all, then everything in my vision was gone, I only saw grey. At this point I lurched back in my chair and heard myself groan outload. I came out of it, went to the bathroom and puked. I felt a million times better then. My friends had no ill effects like mine. But yeah, shit happens and I've tripped since with no problems. My girlfriend's passed out on both shrooms and doses. I think sometimes your body gets so out of whack in such a short period of time and just shuts dowm for a minute, kind of like a blown fuse. Just keep in mind that people aren't dying from this kind of stuff or you could bet your pants Uncle Sam would make sure we knew all about it.

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2486764 - 03/31/04 12:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have shared many trips with many people over the past 10 years and I can't say that I ever experienced anything like you did with your friend. I wouldn't worry about it too much, some people are prone to blacking out on shrooms. There has been more then a few post about it in the past. I really don't think it's a common occurance. If you're worried about your friend, don't let him trip again, but I don't see any reason why you should trip if you enjoy the experience.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisibleshriek

#2486792 - 03/31/04 12:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

no its far from common but i know also things like that has happened.

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: shriek]
    #2486833 - 03/31/04 01:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Exact same thing happened to my friend, fell to the floor
and lay like a baby, he said he was sure he was on his way
to heaven, everything was white, i touched him and he came round.
Then i read here about someone who had the exact same trip, fell
to the ground, no seizure just lay there.
My friend took to many but by what your saying you never had that
many so put it down to experience maybe shrooms just aint for your
friend.
To avoid it at all costs trip alone.

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: mockeylock]
    #2487039 - 03/31/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mockeylock said:
I zoinked out on shrooms once. The crazy thing was it was only about a half hour after taking them. It came on way too fast, trails and all, then everything in my vision was gone, I only saw grey. At this point I lurched back in my chair and heard myself groan outload.

I've had an identical experience. I've passed on shrooms twice, both times during the come-up. It happens, I've always come out of it allright.

--------------------

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: Noviseer]
    #2487074 - 03/31/04 02:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think you should still do shrooms. If you continue to have good experiences like you usually seem to do, then you will probably look at that experience one day and laugh. I mean I can imagine how scary that must have been but..

A few weeks ago some buddies and I had to stay up all night with a friend who was on the verge of getting alcohol poisoning. He was shaking on the floor, throwing up all over the bathroom, hyperventalating on and off all night, and saying some pretty bizzare shit, it was really scary. But when I look back at it now, I laugh, just because he was the most ridiculous thing you could ever see :P

I wouldnt worry about it, noone has ever died from taking mushrooms. Wierd shit can happen, but when you look back at it, u gotta learn to laugh and not let it stop you from experimenting more.

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: Hahzist]
    #2487177 - 03/31/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

man continue on my friend.....best thing to do if your new or an older high level doser is to have a trusted siter.you can use them onyour own till you fell comfortable and then you can lead other people to them once you gain "experince".....they  are not there to hurt you but to show you enlightenment.and you've done well by learning to respect them..don't cut your freind off but rather be sober if he decides to explore and let what happens happen :laugh: don't try n stop it for you are only hindering what good may be comming, just watch over him in love and learn....it's ALL good, peace

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2488022 - 03/31/04 08:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Every time my friend has eaten shrooms he has blacked out. Small amounts too... he doesnt attempt to trip any more.

Ive gotten extremly light headed after smoking herb while tripping a few times. Its a blood pressure drop thing for me.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinedarKode
Stranger
    #2489528 - 04/01/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks guys, i guess i might be ready when the new kit produces. i definately don't want to trip again with him though because as harsh as it sounds I can't go through that again, it was lucky I hadn't had a higher dosage because I would have freaked out.

I was speaking to one of his older friends who said he used to faint sometimes when he was a kid, so I guess its probably more to do with him and the mushrooms just trigger something.

It will still be in the back of my mind when I trip next I'm sure, but you're right about nobody (or very very few) people dying from taking shrooms. Suppose I should face it rather than run away from it.

OfflinedarKode
Stranger
    #2489542 - 04/01/04 03:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

btw, apart from that whole black out thing those Equadors are amazing, probably the most visual strain I've ever had, considering the low dose. I usually have to eat about twenty shrooms but that night I had five and was hardly expecting any effect. I experienced no anxiety on the come-up either which is usually quite strong with me.

This experience has put me off the more outer-worldy drugs such as salvia which before I was quite keen to try, but now I've decided the whole loss-of-control thing isn't for me. I can go with the flow but still like to remain somewhat in the drivers seat!

OfflineTaoIsNow
Rookie

Loc: S'toon, Sask, Canada
    #2496081 - 04/01/04 08:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ah, I just got back into shrooms after almost a 2 year hiatus, and without a scale, didn't dose my shrooms properly.

After about the first half hour during the come up my heart started beating way too fast, I got really anxious, And i started to feel really bad. In my mind I was convinced this is what happens before everyone dies, But a close friend of mine who was also tripping kept telling me it was all in my mind, and about half an hour later I was sitting on the couch and my mind just clicked. I realized "What am I doing? Shrooms don't kill you, Tripping is FUN!" And my entire reality just shifted and i was transported into the oh-so-familiar Euphoria of a mushroom trip and I burst out laughing.

I guess my point is that you have to respect the shrooms and most of it is just in your mind. Let go, don't really worry so much, cuz those feelings will get amplified when your tripping, if you're in a jolly mood and wanna have some fun, you will :smile: Again, this is just my two cents. Hope you don't give up shrooming for good.

--------------------
"Littering and..... Littering and..... Littering And...."

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: TaoIsNow]
    #2497702 - 04/01/04 08:50 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Iv passed out on shrooms before, but it was my fault i let my mind wander too far and started thinging that if god was an acronmyn what would it stand for and keeped on with that thought untill this extrem feeling of blasmaphy over whelmed me and then i blacked out. Think i had to do with too much activity going on at once in my mind cause i was thinking like 3-4 thought all at once on the same subject. Iv tripped since then but have made it a rule not to think too hard and let the thoughts come to me.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

Offline4369875
Norse God

Loc: Asheville, NC
Re: Scared off shrooms... [Re: Protester]
    #2505907 - 04/01/04 04:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I havwe seen one person pass out on shrooms, it was not that crazy, he woke back up in a few minutes and was fine

--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

Offlinemishmush
Chronic King
Bad trip off shrooms [Re: scotsman1]
    #2518515 - 04/02/04 11:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

When me and a buddie did shrooms they were aight but about 2 hrs into the trip my friend started to feel sic and his face was like turnin green and blue it was fucked, he was all like "i need an orange man" so i said go in the kitchen, i follow him in and he started making grunting noises like "aaarrrgggmmmhm" i was like :wtf: then he started swaying and then all of a sudden he looked at me soooooooo weird kinda like this  :sad: then he passed out and fell(slammed) into the sink then fell backwords and slammed his head on the bottom of my stove and i was like  :oogle:ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit
i run out onto the balcony were all my friends were chillen and i was like evan just died in the kitchen doggs, they didnt belive me so i was like goo look for ur selfs and then all of a sudden he was right behind mei was like o my fuckin god

thats shrooms for ya :mushroom2:

OfflineMojoRisin
journeyman
Re: Bad trip off shrooms [Re: darKode]
    #2520179 - 04/02/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thats some tough shit man sorry about your friend. But you're right, mushrooms do have divine intelligence, and if they feel that they're being missused they will fuck you up. many people say they respect fungus, but they really don't know what they're dealing with. If you have been comfortable on all your trips, i dont think you would have any problems tripping on, except im sure that incident will wiegh heavily on your conscience and subconscious minds, so its a bad idea to trip in the near future i'd say....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience