Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrvince
Stranger
 User Gallery

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose droopy and dark, cold night 26F
    #24862233 - 12/22/17 04:28 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So I have 2 Hawaiian baby Woodrose plants that I've been growing this year. Yesterday my plants were just fine, but when I checked on them today they were droopy and dead looking. Last night was a low of 26F in the greenhouse where they are at. The cold barely started coming, what should I do to keep these plants alive for next year? This is my first vine, huge thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose droopy and dark, cold night 26F [Re: Mrvince]
    #24863291 - 12/23/17 08:22 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It was 29F by me yesterday morning. I have a HBWR that's​ growing all over  a chicken coop. It looked so unhappy yesterday morning. Then I came home from work yesterday evening​ and the plant looked completely fucked, like it was fried and dying. So disappointing. I thought that​ HBWR would be as hardy as bougainvillea, but I guess not. Just hoping that​ it will grow back ​from the roots. These plants are VERY frost sensitive.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineMrvince
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose droopy and dark, cold night 26F [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24863832 - 12/23/17 02:43 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
It was 29F by me yesterday morning. I have a HBWR that's​ growing all over  a chicken coop. It looked so unhappy yesterday morning. Then I came home from work yesterday evening​ and the plant looked completely fucked, like it was fried and dying. So disappointing. I thought that​ HBWR would be as hardy as bougainvillea, but I guess not. Just hoping that​ it will grow back ​from the roots. These plants are VERY frost sensitive.

I will keep it close to my other vines, and hope for the best. Sucks, all we can do is hope it'll come back in spring. So if it was in the ground and you can not move it, is there no hope in preserving the vine through winter?

InvisibleGrey Fox

#24864302 - 12/23/17 06:30 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mrvince said:
Quote:

Grey Fox said:

I will keep it close to my other vines, and hope for the best. Sucks, all we can do is hope it'll come back in spring. So if it was in the ground and you can not move it, is there no hope in preserving the vine through winter?

Best luck with your plant. Maybe you​ can get​ heat in your​ greenhouse?

I'm going to just​ hope for​ no more cold snaps. 29 is unusually cold for​ my area.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineMrvince
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24865687 - 12/24/17 12:28 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I can not get some heat in the greenhouse because I traded it for running grow boxes indoors -.- I just buried the pot under dirt and I will hope that will be enough. I put it right next to a passion flower vine which has not died yet. Good Luck :smile:

Offlinesaythatagain
Bad Influence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Spaceship Earth
    #24872441 - 12/27/17 11:17 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I’m in the same situation. A few days of cold rain and my plant dropped all its leaves. I brought it in and am hopefulnit will grow back.

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose droopy and dark, cold night 26F [Re: saythatagain]
    #24873525 - 12/28/17 02:52 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Best luck saythatagain. Hopefully it grows back for you.

My plant looks like it may still​ be alive at the base. So I'm hopeful that​ it may survive and regrow.

The bougainvilleas​ by me ended up being damaged by that cold night as well, though it took several days for​ them to show it. In previous winters a very cold night would cause the bouganvilleas to die back and then regrow from the​ base. If the same thing happens with the HBWR then HBWR would in fact appear to be​ about as cold hard as bouganvillea.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisiblenaumM
 User Gallery

#24874993 - 12/29/17 12:29 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I used to grow this in zone 9a/b, but it was too cold sensitive to justify the root space. I think any substantial or prolonged freeze will definitely kill them unfortunately.

--------------------
Let's upgrade our security practices and move toward client-side PGP for encrypted PMs.
My Public PGP Key: hxxps://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24002249#24002249

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden