Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... * 1
    #24856934 - 12/20/17 03:25 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

so...

for awhile now..i've been sensing a shift in the interplay of sexes...

my own little theory is that...when a society does shift from being led from more of a masculine or feminine (what ever that means at the time) that the appex of the switch is a very tumultuous time...that in its self...aids in the shift....

i think this shift is occurring now...we're going to see major reversals in sex roles the world over.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: TameMe]
    #24857178 - 12/20/17 07:11 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I can't imagine said shift being consolidated in our lifetimes. The pendulum seems to be swinging the other way, no doubt, but I wouldn't trust the hype that spreads like wildfire in this electronic world.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisiblequinn
some kinda love
 User Gallery

Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #24857388 - 12/20/17 09:41 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

i agree with jokeshopbeard tho i think the mainstream world will get a lot weirder and more open in our lifetime.. one thing to point out is that altho gender expression may change a lot that is different to women actually gaining voice and power.. i.e. men could learn to do hair and make up and still could run the world.

Quote:

i think this shift is occurring now...we're going to see major reversals in sex roles the world over.....

1. i think 'the world over' is a far cry when you consider the conditions that most of the world live in and how their societies are structured. in advanced affluent countries there's a chance

2. i think describing the shift as 'role reversal' is a bit misguided. you have to remember these changes have only taken place over the last century as women were brought into the workforce. now everyone must work for financial security and this is the necessity that dominates our lives. the family unit and it's implied assumptions about how we ought to live are no longer necessary. as a society we have changed so dramatically in our organisation and technologies of communication, surveilance, medicine and violence that there is no 'going back', there is no 'role reversal', the situation has completely changed and i feel there is a ways to go till we have shed the cultural baggage of our recent past and (hopefully) reach a more open, equal and stable point

--------------------
dripping with fantasy

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: quinn]
    #24859561 - 12/21/17 08:37 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Confusion between sex and gender... the media equates them so it's understandable.

What's happened is women have been given the opportunity to play a masculine role.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: Rahz]
    #24859687 - 12/21/17 09:47 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

maybe it's a surgical shift
i.e. a medical procedure
"not without anesthetic" I declare!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #24859720 - 12/21/17 10:10 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
What's happened is women have been given the opportunity to play a masculine role.

Interesting point Rahz. Do you think men are being given the opportunity to play a feminine role?

It seems that way to me, purely from an image perspective, but I'm not sure if in any other aspect...

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #24860091 - 12/21/17 12:50 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
I can't imagine said shift being consolidated in our lifetimes. The pendulum seems to be swinging the other way, no doubt, but I wouldn't trust the hype that spreads like wildfire in this electronic world.

Especially down under. I can't imagine you cowboys letting the ladies lead.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: Icelander]
    #24860094 - 12/21/17 12:51 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It's great to have you back Ice. I hope you stay this time. :heart:

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Edited by liquidlounge (12/21/17 12:52 PM)

OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: liquidlounge]
    #24860168 - 12/21/17 01:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It couldn't be a shift to egalatarianism could it?

It is even theoretically possible that patriarchy could express itself through a deemphasis on motherhood in favor of women as wage earners or some other role. (Copied from wikipedia: Patriarchy)

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Link List

Most teks have too much bullshit. These methods by bod do not.

Edited by Blue Wrench (12/21/17 01:18 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Patriarchy shifting to Matriarchy. .... [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #24860424 - 12/21/17 03:07 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Rahz said:

Interesting point Rahz. Do you think men are being given the opportunity to play a feminine role?

It seems that way to me, purely from an image perspective, but I'm not sure if in any other aspect...

I'm not sure men will be given the opportunity to play a feminine role so much as the weaker men will be bumped out of their positions of power. Other than that I don't see things changing much.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free."
~Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
    #24860686 - 12/21/17 05:32 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It baffles me the way we ignore the truth that men prostrate themselves before women. But because men are generally in leadership roles the idea that a man in that position could be subservient to a woman is disregarded. I can't remember a time a woman I was courting randomly bought me something comparable to flowers. I've received nudes but the fact that she sent them means I was already going to see her naked anyways, but thanks I guess.

Jordan Peterson has a good explanation of this and points out that women essentially create the "patriarchy." Anyone not familiar with it is encouraged to look it up.

I don't think we'll ever have a "Matriarchy." Human evolution has progressed with men generally being the leaders of their tribe or whatever. Which is easy to understand why when you look at the male+female relationship. It's not that most women aren't suited to be leaders, it's that most of them don't want to be.

My idea is that women want the whole cake and then only eat the parts that suit them, fucking harpies. By women I mean the sort who talk about the patriarchy and abortions and have made Islam their best friend. Chicks though... chicks are cool.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds