Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKittlebean
Male

Loc: UK Flag
Ripple (XRP)
    #24859328 - 12/21/17 06:07 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone here bought any XRP? I'm looking to buy some and just hold onto it Long term and see where it goes.

Also any reccomendations for XRP exchanges/vendors. I've been trying to find somewhere that seems reliable but most places seem to come with a fair amount of bad reviews.

It's going to be stored on a hard wallet offline so needs to be easy to send it straight to the wallet. Just waiting to see if the price drops again soon as its increased recently.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Kittlebean] * 2
    #24859413 - 12/21/17 07:11 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Bought some at $0.45 and just now when I checked it's at $1.07! :smile:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleJean-guy Masta
Railyard Ghost
Male

Loc: MT-Hell
Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: trendal]
    #24859655 - 12/21/17 09:30 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Heard lots of people hate on xrp, not buying xrp because tgey dont wanna support this. saying it will be the bank coin, it will be centralized one day. Calling it fed coin lol.

Just things i heard tho,

--------------------

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #24859805 - 12/21/17 10:59 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bought some at $0.45 and just now when I checked it's at $1.07!

Yea, you got in at a good price! It's gone up by like 40% in the last 24hours. Not sure wether to wait for it to drop a little or just buy in now. Where did you buy from?

Quote:

saying it will be the bank coin,

I think it will be yes, but if I can make a bit of money from it then why not. Banks are going to become part of cryptocurrencies one way or another, they will have to be. As far as I know Ripple is the only one in use by some major banks at the moment with others set to become a part of it. But it's probably a good idea to keep an eye out for anything else that comes along to rival it.

Saying all this I don't think it will ever reach really crazy prices but holding onto some long term could make you a little bit of money.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Kittlebean]
    #24859823 - 12/21/17 11:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: trendal]
    #24860293 - 12/21/17 01:57 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I bought some at $.6. But only bought 100. Wanted it when I saw it at $.46.

Yeah, their aim is the banks. They want to take over that sector. Which is why I wanted the coin. Seems like a good investment to balance with a completely decentralized investment.

Wondering what the price will be in 2018...

XLM I believe is similar with similar aims but also peer to peer aims I believe.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Enkidu]
    #24860316 - 12/21/17 02:07 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: I will give binance a go.

Quote:

Wanted it when I saw it at $.46.

Yea me too, I'm still hoping the price will take a dip again but I also feel like maybe I should just buy it in case it doesn't.

Quote:

Wondering what the price will be in 2018...

I think it may reach Anywhere from $2 - $5 but who knows, maybe more.  Some things I have read predict a lot higher but it's very hard to tell. I did read that it won't hit anywhere close to bitcoin prices due to the amount of coins that are available but how high it will go is really hard to tell.

Also from what I understand the company is holding a large portion Of The coins themselves but how this affects the price I don't know.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#24860675 - 12/21/17 05:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

May want to research XLM...

I think it may be an even better coin and poised for similar growth, if they also land partnerships like XRP, which I think they will, once news hits, it will blow up as well.

Some people claim XLM directly follows and correlates with XRP.

Not sure if that trend will continue or not, or if its even accurate.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineKittlebean
Male

#24861350 - 12/22/17 01:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Have just had a look at prices and all the cryptos are dropping massively.

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#24861504 - 12/22/17 06:32 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah probabl because btc is falling.

I think it will recover.

I have no money but if I did I would be watching for good buys myself.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineKittlebean
Male

#24861579 - 12/22/17 07:36 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well I bought into a few different cryptos several hours ago when i had seen how much they had all fallen overnight but the prices are still dropping. I wonder how low they will go?

Edited by Kittlebean (12/22/17 07:37 AM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #24862835 - 12/22/17 08:10 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I looked into xlm and I think its good for long term. I had my finger on the button to get a few thousand but I think I will wait a few days and watch, maybe it will keep dropping. It does not seem like a quick buck sort of thing but in a year or two, maybe much less, might go shooting up. Ripple, is a cheap wine, period. lol, jk

I bought a few stellar, might get more. I looked at my holding and saw several I forgot I bought. I put a pretty fair amount into ada and I'm thinking didn't I get some ada? just 10,000 of them. I saw a few others too, and then the memory came back, oh yeah that. If a space out like me can make money anyone can.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24863305 - 12/23/17 06:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I think as soon as XLM makes some partnerships and deals and announces them that their coin will shoot up similar to what XRP experienced.

I also think both those coins have long term potential.

Also wish I had money when the drop hit, great opportunitiy I missed, but i'll move slow and keep watching the game

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #24867494 - 12/25/17 10:48 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I own a few coins through binance about to store them on a toast wallet. I plan to move to a hardware wallet at later date.

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Jean-guy Masta]
    #24867670 - 12/25/17 12:35 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jean-guy Masta said:
Heard lots of people hate on xrp, not buying xrp because tgey dont wanna support this. saying it will be the bank coin, it will be centralized one day. Calling it fed coin lol.

Just things i heard tho,

It probably will be because from what I gather the main point of it is to have a coin with a "relatively" stable price with very fast transaction speeds so you don't send it and by the time it arrives it costs 10 cents less per coin. It also arrives within like 2-5 seconds. It can save banks tons of money to transfer money worldwide using something like that instead of traditional methods. The downsides are they can print more ripple out of thin air if they wanted if I read into that correctly, the people who made ripple also intentionally hold onto over half the supply of it to help the pricing stay relatively stable.

That's exactly why I'm buying into it, most people into cryptos now like the decentralized nature of it, most people in general would probably go with something trusted by banks and even larger corporations would most likely lean towards something like XRP or XLM if they end up considering implementing cryptos. Think of someone like amazon, they'd want a coin that can be sent and received very quickly and won't have tremendous volatility to it. People who have been into cryptos for a long time can hate it all they want, I bought in because it's the kind of thing that would appeal to most people in the world who don't understand cryptos or trust them and could have more real world uses than bitcoin for example. Traded some alts for 1200 XRP the other day and I'm just going to sit on that for a long ass time or maybe even buy more if gains from others I've put money into continue the way they have been. I could be off on how they operate to some degree or totally wrong on some points but even with saying that I see nothing but potential for ripple or something like it to actually become useful in everyday life.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #24867921 - 12/25/17 02:50 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

That is the part which is worrying, they held onto a lot of coin which they can dump later. As for speed, btc was super fast at first. Lets see how well it does after congestion. With the segwit wallet btc will go fast too.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineKittlebean
Male

Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24867961 - 12/25/17 03:17 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Traded some alts for 1200 XRP the other day and I'm just going to sit on that for a long ass time or maybe even buy more if gains from others

Are you planning on holding onto ripple for future use if and when it does become a widely accepted payment method or holding on to it just to sell if the price increases.

I'm planning on buying some myself as well as some XLM and holding onto it with hopes the cost of them will rise when they become more popular. Obviously not expecting anything huge in changes to the price due to the number of coins available but it is difficult to say by how much they might go up. Especially initially as interest grows before they stabalize again.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #24868057 - 12/25/17 04:27 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I definitely think ripple is something you would want to look at for the long game.  I have like 500 or so of it just because its cheap and should stay fairly stable.  Stable of course meaning it can still jump by quite a bit as it takes off, but it shouldn't be bitcoin levels of volatility.  I'd look at it more like a longer term slower gain investment with less risk since its designed around the banking industry and such.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Ripple (XRP) [Re: mndfreeze]
    #24868487 - 12/25/17 09:04 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Xrp is a solid investment hands down.

They're making lots of moves.

Hold it bro.

I wouldn't invest in anything unless you think it has the potential to be held for profit in the future.

If you get a huge peak and dip, might want to sell and buy if you can hit it in time, otherwise I would recommend you buy all coins with the intention of holding. If you can't catch the peak and dip don't risk it.

I feel XLM has a similar future and other coins I'm looking into as well....

I would also recommend holding ether and btc long term. Keep an investment in there and possibly add to it. LTC maybe as well.

Ether seems the most solid investment to me ATM. Tons and TONS of tokens run on the Ether platform. Ether is solid.

My opinion only.

Lots of coins in the dump at the moment. A possible buy and sell is Verge. Possibly a hold but people are spreading rumors and possibly misinformation about it, or not. Its low right now and predicted to surge but don't take my word for it.

ADA, Iota, Tron, these are a couple coins I'm watching at the moment with intentions on buying.

Currently I hold BTC, ETHER, LTC, XRP, XLM, XVG.

Plan to enter Iota, ADA, Tron, and more, while adding to my BTC and ETHER.

I plan to hold all of these indefinitely as of right now. Possibly if Verge spikes hard I will trade for BTC, because BTC is suppose to have an upcoming drop for a new coin you get free 1:1.

Merry Christmas guys

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#24868493 - 12/25/17 09:08 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Also I got in XRP at .6 which it was lower obviously, but at the current price and especially before they really start blowing in 2018 it could be a good investment still, for sure.

But keep in mind some people don't predict it hitting past the $1-$5 range, some say $5-$15. (2018)

I would be putting in BTC ETHER and LTC as well as alt coins myself.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Edited by Enkidu (12/25/17 09:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates