Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
For those in California - an excellent book to add.
    #2485879 - 03/31/04 01:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My wife bought me this book not long ago, and I love it. Gives an excellent break down of the state and where habitats are, for whatever your pursuits may be.

Consider it an encyclopedia of the natural resources offered to us here.

http://atlas.dfg.ca.gov/

Can't remember how much she paid for it, but it's well worth it. You can almost pinpoint the changes where climate, vegetation, and topography impact the life sustained there. When you plan a trip, you can clearly see where you'll go from conifer forests to woodland to chaparral shrubland.

Anyhow - I'm a big lover of the outdoors. My wife and I spend about 90% of our free time in the wild(not as much when the snow blocks the way). I love this book.

Just thought I'd share with you guys because I'm sure more than one of you would love it and it would come in handy.

Cheers.

Grizz

P.S.: For those that don't want to buy the whole thing, go here and download the various examples they have in PDF. They're giving away gold, so help yourself:
http://atlas.dfg.ca.gov/Examples.htm

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: For those in California - an excellent book to add. [Re: Grizzy]
    #2486658 - 03/31/04 11:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nice!  :thumbup:

I too love the outdoors, and living in California we have such a high level of biodiversity... Its great to learn more about our environment, it brings awareness and helps people realize that our environment is special in so many ways.

The book looks really interesting. I might have to try and get a used copy ! :smile:

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: For those in California - an excellent book to add. [Re: angryshroom]
    #2487352 - 03/31/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Angryshroom  -if you do any fishing, or exploring wilderness in the mountains - we may cross paths.  Other than that, if sometime we should meet, I'd be more than happy to bring my copy and let you check it out.

It may not be the kind of book that you go nuts on right away, but it is an invaluable part of the neccessary arsenal of any California outdoors explorer.

Anyway - for now I suggest you download the free PDF's on their site.  They are free, and loaded with info.

Cheers.

P.S.:  If you like driving old dirt roads and exploring backcountry - this is my favorite book --> Backcountry Adventures N. Cal
This one has brought great joy to my life.  The wife and I have found incredible spots, just by wandering in the areas the book tells you about.  There are secrets out there that would blow your mind, beyond any dreams you may have...  I'm sure if any of you hook up with me I'll let you in on some.  But, in the meantime - get this book!  It is essential! 
http://www.4wdbooks.com/pages/backcountry.asp

Let me know what else you guys are into - I've got loads of local info on just about everything BUT shrooms!  ha ha.  Will trade knowledge freely.  Heck, I'll give mine away and just hope ya'll share some with me.  :smile:

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification