Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! * 5
    #24858463 - 12/20/17 07:18 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

The ill Tempered Clavier (private live concert)... enjoy and thanks for listening.

1) Night (0:00)
2) The Far East... (5:55)
3) Harmonic Rhythms: Variation Unknown (11:23)
4) Spiders.... (15:35)
5) All things resolved (17:17)
6) The Larks Descending (20:24)
7) Gentle Soul: A Lullaby (23:07)
8) Strangers Stride (26:50)
9) Violet (28:20)
10) Sky Blue (31:16)
11) Contentment No.1 (33:41)
12) Contentment No.2 (36:25)
13) Diamonds? (38:15)
14) Rhythm? (45:10)
15) Weird (47:37)
16) Wonderland... (51:05)
17) For Chopin (56:25)
18) For Brahms, No.1 (1:00:48)
18) Contrapunto Intermezzi, Si? (1:03:06)
19) For Brahms, No.2(1:06:30)
20) Whisper in the Wind (1:08:00)
21) Until Next time... (1:09:40)

Edited by Alice101101 (12/20/17 07:51 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechameleon303
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arcane Sanctuary Flag
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: Alice101101]
    #24858498 - 12/20/17 07:33 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

i spazzed out a bit there thinking the times were lengths not time of starting lol, was like best works? ok take your pic buddy how much do you expect us to listen to at once, will listen soon thanks for postings another

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: chameleon303]
    #24858524 - 12/20/17 07:47 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I recorded a live concert the other day and named the pieces afterwards. The live setting introduced a new dynamic to my playing...adrenaline.

I feel that musically, this is some of my most diverse and innovative work for piano to date.

As far as listening goes, it's all up to you. At over an hour, it's no small listening feat. For me, I just put on the headphones, hit play, and see how far I make it...

Tracks 1-6 will give you a good idea of what you are in for...

This work was inspired by Bach's Well Tempered Clavier. Cheers!

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: chameleon303]
    #24859706 - 12/21/17 12:02 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chameleon303 said:
i spazzed out a bit there thinking the times were lengths not time of starting lol, was like best works? ok take your pic buddy how much do you expect us to listen to at once, will listen soon thanks for postings another

did you get a chance to listen to any of it? I think I might put this one up for purchase but I'm not sure yet. I welcome any input! I'm trying to bring interesting music to the masses which is no small feat (especially in today's musical world) whilst trying to pay homage to the great composers of the past.

Sadly, one of the reasons that classical music has "died out" in today's society is due to the ridiculous stigmas that are associated with this kind of music.

Nicholas

OnlineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: Alice101101]
    #24860232 - 12/21/17 03:29 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It's truly awesome bravo Alice :heart:

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineDr. P. Silocybin
Would you like fries with that?
 User Gallery

Loc: The Great Divide
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24860966 - 12/21/17 10:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Bravo! :kaneclap:

This is really top notch shit here. I'm blown away. How long have you been playing the piano?

Is music a hobby for you or do you make a living playing?

I don't know how well classical music sells these days, but I think this recording is absolutely worthy of being sold. I'd say you've succeeded in creating some very interesting music, bringing it to the masses might be a whole different challenge.

It's a shame that classical music has become so marginalized. It really is good stuff. I just bought my grandma a dvd recording of Beethoven's 9th for Christmas, it reminded me that I don't listen to enough classical music. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #24861041 - 12/21/17 10:51 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

wow! im gonna do this the next time i eat acid (probably saturday) :thumbup:

only listened to the first one though, gonna keep the rest a surprise

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: Dr. P. Silocybin]
    #24861808 - 12/22/17 11:58 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. P. Silocybin said:
Bravo! :kaneclap:

This is really top notch shit here. I'm blown away. How long have you been playing the piano?

Is music a hobby for you or do you make a living playing?

I don't know how well classical music sells these days, but I think this recording is absolutely worthy of being sold. I'd say you've succeeded in creating some very interesting music, bringing it to the masses might be a whole different challenge.

It's a shame that classical music has become so marginalized. It really is good stuff. I just bought my grandma a dvd recording of Beethoven's 9th for Christmas, it reminded me that I don't listen to enough classical music. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thank You, I'm just at work but I'll respond later tonight... take care

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
    #24862273 - 12/22/17 04:56 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I started piano when I was 13 but only made it to a grade 7/8 level (conservatory canada) and had really no interest in it (I did it for high school credit). I gave it up at 19 when I moved to Thailand and stopped playing for a few years. 3 years ago (2015) I had my first psychedelic experience (mushrooms) and for whatever reason, my first trip allowed me to discover that I had the unique ability to improvise! Haven't looked back since... new music everyday.

For the past 3 years, I have devoted myself to the exploration of musical discovery/improvisation. It's wonderful to share it with you guys. Merry Christmas!

OfflineDr. P. Silocybin
 User Gallery

#24862672 - 12/22/17 08:27 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Wow just three years?? damn. You definitely have some innate ability there. Merry Christmas!

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: Dr. P. Silocybin]
    #24862900 - 12/22/17 11:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It has been a very tough road mentally. Creativity has a cost.

OnlineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#24863087 - 12/23/17 02:40 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Would you like to elaborate on that?

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24863513 - 12/23/17 11:47 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I'm just about to begin the work day so I shall respond in more detail this evening. Take care!

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#24863528 - 12/23/17 11:55 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Really awesome work, listened to the whole thing last night. Sent it to my brother who also plays piano and he dug the hell out of it.

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #24864039 - 12/23/17 04:20 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man! somehow I missed your comment! did you get to listen to it whilst tripping? If you haven't yet, check these out... All my music is psychedelic but I designed this an album I'm about to share with you as well as another work (also posted below). I think you will find them quite mind bending when you are tripping. Cheers!

1) Sonic Architecture

2) Synthphony, mov't no. 1 "The Explorer"

Nicholas

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
    #24864138 - 12/23/17 05:14 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Seriously_trippin said:
Would you like to elaborate on that?

I'm schizoaffective, although I did not know this until recently. (Schizophrenia exists on my mothers side of the family. My grandfather comes to mind) Since my first psychedelic experience in 2015, my mind has "opened" to the point where I just can't come back... and to be honest, I don't want to. Everyday is filled with awe and infinite ideas.  I literally see the world in music (for example I can see and hear incredible polyphonic textures in physical objects such as wood grain or flowers)... this might sound lovely and all but I promise you it is very challenging (though I'm still scared to loose it).

I view all things in existence as one vast contrapuntal composition... where all things, all people, all colors and all thoughts... right down to the sub-atomic, all function as one to create the most intricate, detailed and beautiful composition... where we all things exist simply as a single note in God's masterpiece. I see the dissonance and the consonance in all aspects of life. Positives and negatives, light and dark, day and night, good and evil... they all must exist or else free will can not. One can not exist without the other.

I have struggled with addiction for many years, my social relationships are poor and my mind does not agree with my body. Am I delusional? Not from my perspective... at the risk of sounding arrogant, I feel that I'm an explorer, exploring the realm of musical cartography.

I seek no fame or fortune, in fact I have no idea where I'm going or what I'm doing. I just know that I must do it and I love it. Each day is uncertain, and how much time I have left in this plane of existence is unknown.

In musical terms, a B-flat does not know it's about to move to a C.

Nicholas

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#24864766 - 12/23/17 11:22 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alice101101 said:
I view all things in existence as one vast contrapuntal composition... where all things, all people, all colors and all thoughts... right down to the sub-atomic, all function as one to create the most intricate, detailed and beautiful composition... where we all things exist simply as a single note in God's masterpiece. I see the dissonance and the consonance in all aspects of life. Positives and negatives, light and dark, day and night, good and evil... they all must exist or else free will can not. One can not exist without the other.

i love this. and as crazy as it may sound, its probably not that far off from actuality (think string theory)

and i have not gotten around to eating that acid yet, wanted to tonight but my schedule just didnt work with my wishes. tomorrow night is the new plan, which works out perfect with the new musical suggestions. thank you for sharing with us. you are very talented, crazy or not!

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineDr. P. Silocybin
 User Gallery

Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #24865048 - 12/24/17 02:42 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I think schizophrenia is a spectrum, and often times psychological differences or abnormalities are lumped together under that term. having opened the doors to experiencing reality in different ways doesn't make you crazy, although most of society will want to label you so. There is a vast difference between heightened perception and delusion. What great art has every been created without some level of insanity on the artist's part? Seeing the world in different ways is a gift. A curse too, for sure, but if you can harness it, and embrace the pain that comes with it, there is infinite potential.

I'm listening to your Sonic Architecture now. Honestly, I think this is world class music. I have a hard time believing that this is an amateur recording. You aren't trolling us are you?? Posting famous compositions as your own to see if we'd notice? lol I hope not because if this is really you just having fun expressing yourself musically my god man, you've got it. I would gladly pay good money to see you play at a venue near me. Also, I think you're pretty spot on with your concept of physics and the universe and all that. wtf is happening around minute 30? like 1 minute of EDM weirdness thrown into your piano concerto? haha wut?

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#24865089 - 12/24/17 03:22 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. P. Silocybin said:
I would gladly pay good money to see you play at a venue near me.

same. id even be willing to travel, circumstance allowing.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineAlice101101
Psychedelic Composer
 User Gallery
Re: I feel that this may be my best work for piano yet...(recorded live) Merry Christmas Everyone! [Re: PatrickKn]
    #24866088 - 12/24/17 04:19 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Really awesome work, listened to the whole thing last night. Sent it to my brother who also plays piano and he dug the hell out of it.

Thanks so much! I'll be at work for the next few hours but I'll respond when I'm home. take care guys!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon The Doors

Community >> The Pub