Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

Loc: Your Mom’s Rabbit Hole
Tripping with people you don’t know well
    #24858249 - 12/20/17 05:42 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I’ve had many of trip experiences in my life so far, some with people I know well and others with people I’ve only just met. Does anyone else get overwhelmed when on psychedelics around people you barely know?

I prefer delving into psychedelics with my partner whom I trust or friends I’ve known for a while. Sometimes tripping with someone outside those people can be overwhelming because you have to worry about how the other person is feeling or if they are having a bad/good trip.

What are your experiences tripping with aquantinces? Do you still manage to have a good time regardless or is it sometimes stressful? Is it a learning experience to help get us out of our comfort zone?

--------------------

TEKs I Like

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEverett P
SeeR
I'm a teapot

Loc: Sewanee
Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: MadHatter333]
    #24858365 - 12/20/17 06:29 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I can usually tell before hand if someone has the wrong vibes I tripped with a cop once andbiy was only semi awkward.  I would rather trip with a stranger than be stuck tripping with someone who isn't tripping

--------------------
interested in prints related to treating auto immune such as RA  and lupus thank you pm me have O.I. Prints to trade

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: Everett P]
    #24858424 - 12/20/17 07:00 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Depends if they are experienced enough, Like if they are novices and its a decent dose I couldn't do it if i was tripping too.
But if every one has some decent doses under their belt i'm down to party!

I have taken a few friends and friend of Friends on their first trip. Every time i had a blast and its nice giving someone a good experience on their first time. You can tell they like having someone sober whos been there and done that haha

InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: Everett P]
    #24858488 - 12/20/17 07:30 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting that you tripped with a cop.. Off duty I’m assuming? It does seem rather odd being around someone who isn’t tripping while you’re on your high. I’ve had sober people try to mess with my trip and ended up just going my own way.

--------------------

TEKs I Like

InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: MushMaggot] * 1
    #24858507 - 12/20/17 07:37 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

For sure Mush! It is very nice to see people having a good experience while you help guide them. As long as everyone has a positive outlook maybe it’s not so bad. You’re a admirable man for helping people with thier first times. :thumbup:

--------------------

TEKs I Like

Edited by MadHatter333 (12/20/17 07:38 PM)

Offlinegrati
Explorer
Male

#24858512 - 12/20/17 07:41 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It's the same for me. Always a good experience but I can't really learn alot if I trip with strangers because they take small doses and only laugh. I'd rather take shrooms with my closest friends.

--------------------
The eyes are useless when the mind is blind

:trippinballs: Candyflipping :omgawesome:

OfflineThe Philosopher
Alumnus

Loc: Far Out
    #24858525 - 12/20/17 07:48 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

If even when sober, people you trust can manage to surprise you in somewhat grotesque and peculiar ways, leave an open door to imagination when considering tripping with strangers :wink:

--------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN-DFEyHXIM

Feel the Power

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: The Philosopher]
    #24858929 - 12/20/17 11:40 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I feel like you gotta be careful

I myself can become extremely paranoid around people, in part I think because I am rather intuitive.

One of the most amazing experience of my life tripping was with two people from work who we had never hung out outside of work before.

It was an amazing experience, we all took around 3.5g.

I felt like something was off about the one guy, I felt like he wanted to do something bad to me and my other friend who is a girl.

He wouldn't tell me or share what he was thinking, so I didn't trust him and got super paranoid.

Walking back from being outside at night, I swear something was off about him and had this huge thing going on where I didn't trust him.... Super paranoid... Thought he was waiting to do something bad to me and my friend.

Walking back to my friends apartment... I was too paranoid to let him walk behind me.... And thought she kept sniffling and shrugging her head toward him like a warning that she knew he had a sinister plot.

I thought he was going to kill us no lie :lol:

Got back to her place and finally he opened up and we talked for hours getting really deep and philosophical, we were communicating in an extraordinary way, almost like telepathy, where we were on such a similar wave length.

Extraordinary experience.

He and my friend were dating, and a few months later after not seeing her or talking to her for a while I brought her some stuff....

She opened up to me about all this stuff he had been doing and how he had been treating her, and long story short, this guy who is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met in my life, pretty sure he is a complete narcissistic sociopath. In the type of sense that he would do anything to anyone if it meant getting what he wanted.

Very smart, very manipulative, very sneaky.

So, I feel like you gotta be careful

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: Enkidu]
    #24858944 - 12/20/17 11:45 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Also, what I experienced and learned with them I would never be able to do in any other circumstances.

It was extremely different than tripping alone as well as tripping on relatively small doses in groups.

Seems like the risk carries an equal possibility to an exciting reward. But again, gotta be careful :lol:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: grati]
    #24858972 - 12/21/17 12:00 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
I feel like you gotta be careful

I myself can become extremely paranoid around people, in part I think because I am rather intuitive.

One of the most amazing experience of my life tripping was with two people from work who we had never hung out outside of work before.

It was an amazing experience, we all took around 3.5g.

I felt like something was off about the one guy, I felt like he wanted to do something bad to me and my other friend who is a girl.

He wouldn't tell me or share what he was thinking, so I didn't trust him and got super paranoid.

Walking back from being outside at night, I swear something was off about him and had this huge thing going on where I didn't trust him.... Super paranoid... Thought he was waiting to do something bad to me and my friend.

Walking back to my friends apartment... I was too paranoid to let him walk behind me.... And thought she kept sniffling and shrugging her head toward him like a warning that she knew he had a sinister plot.

I thought he was going to kill us no lie :lol:

Got back to her place and finally he opened up and we talked for hours getting really deep and philosophical, we were communicating in an extraordinary way, almost like telepathy, where we were on such a similar wave length.

Extraordinary experience.

He and my friend were dating, and a few months later after not seeing her or talking to her for a while I brought her some stuff....

She opened up to me about all this stuff he had been doing and how he had been treating her, and long story short, this guy who is one of the most intelligent people I have ever met in my life, pretty sure he is a complete narcissistic sociopath. In the type of sense that he would do anything to anyone if it meant getting what he wanted.

Very smart, very manipulative, very sneaky.

So, I feel like you gotta be careful

Definetly got to watch out for some people.
I’m a rather quite person myself when it comes to social settings. Sometimes quite people just have a lot going on in their heads. Some would like to think they are up to something (maybe they are) but you never know a person till you’ve been around them for a while.

What did he do to the gal if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote:

The Philosopher said:
If even when sober, people you trust can manage to surprise you in somewhat grotesque and peculiar ways, leave an open door to imagination when considering tripping with strangers :wink:

For sure! Like your perspective :thumbup:

Quote:

grati said:
It's the same for me. Always a good experience but I can't really learn alot if I trip with strangers because they take small doses and only laugh. I'd rather take shrooms with my closest friends.

Really is better with someone you’re close with  :eskimokiss:

--------------------

TEKs I Like

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#24859008 - 12/21/17 12:26 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Naw, I'm a quiet person man. I never talk. Always listen.

I was convinced he wouldn't share what he was thinking because it was something he didn't want me to know. Then I asked myself, what type of things wouldn't he want me to know ...?

I didn't trust him.

I think it was like an intuition thing. I just knew something was up with him...

He did some fucked uo stuff :/ things that made me sad to hear, and things that made me decide I couldn't associate with him. It seemed like a verification to the feeling I was getting about him. I thought those feelings were wrong, after he opened up and we talked. But now I feel like those feelings were spot on. And I'll always trust my gut because of it, even if it doesn't seem warranted. Something was up with dude.

He's the type of person who plays mind games for fun with people who don't even know they're playing a game.

The most dangerous type of person to be honest. Someone who can make himself appear much different than he is while takin advantage of and using those around him.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

#24859012 - 12/21/17 12:27 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Also, even people you've been around a while, still don't know them :lol:

--------------------
Within You , Without You

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24859015 - 12/21/17 12:35 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Being around other people in general can be intense, so it's best if they are people you really know/trust.

Though tripping can also make you realize a lot about some people, made me realize how selfish and greedy many of my old "friends" are.

It's hard for people to hide their "fake" qualities when tripping, or maybe you just tend to see past them more.

I have had some great and not so great experiences tripping with others, some totally my fault others I had nothing to do with really :lol:

One time me and a few friends smoked DMT with a total stranger at a festival. We had pooled together some $ and bought a gram of DMT. then we walked out of the fest way out into the parking lot area and found a nice grassy spot to sit down. We had just started smoking when this random dude walks up because he smelled the DMT :tongue2:

Turns out he knew my friends dad somewhat, but none of us had met him before. Anyways we were feeling generous so we shared, and we were all very young so he gave us some pointers.

I can't remember how I felt about it though, it was pretty random but not in a particularly good or bad way. Just felt like a psychedelic synchronicity.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

#24859070 - 12/21/17 02:03 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:

That’s so true! Most people are like icebergs, you can only see the tip “just the tip”.

Sounds like you really delved deep into your intuition with this guy, and came up with some accurate observations. Really glad he’s not with that gal anymore, sounds like a real piece of work.

--------------------

TEKs I Like

InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #24859085 - 12/21/17 02:11 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Glad you guys had someone there who could show you a few things about DMT. I guess it really all depends on who you’re with and if you feel safe enough to let someone into your energie field while on psychedelics.

They really do amplify a lot of things in many people so it’s best to be careful, but also be open to new opportunities as they arise. You never know what you can learn about someone or yourself while under the influence of a new experience.

--------------------

TEKs I Like

OfflineWilly-J
Stranger
    #24859449 - 12/21/17 09:37 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:

Most people on planet Earth don't even know themselves! Never mind other people!  :biggrin:

Edited by Willy-J (12/21/17 09:38 AM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: Willy-J]
    #24860297 - 12/21/17 03:58 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Willy-J said:
Quote:

Enkidu said:

Most people on planet Earth don't even know themselves! Never mind other people!  :biggrin:

Hahaha, true dat.

--------------------
Within You , Without You

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #24860348 - 12/21/17 04:29 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MadHatter333 said:
I’ve had many of trip experiences in my life so far, some with people I know well and others with people I’ve only just met. Does anyone else get overwhelmed when on psychedelics around people you barely know?

I prefer delving into psychedelics with my partner whom I trust or friends I’ve known for a while. Sometimes tripping with someone outside those people can be overwhelming because you have to worry about how the other person is feeling or if they are having a bad/good trip.

What are your experiences tripping with aquantinces? Do you still manage to have a good time regardless or is it sometimes stressful? Is it a learning experience to help get us out of our comfort zone?

I never trip with people. Ever. Its always just me, my room, and the substance. Its how you maximize the experience. Then when you do it again, you pick up where you left off. And so on. You will learn how it all works.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

InvisibleMadHatter333
We Are All Mad Here

Re: Tripping with people you don’t know well [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #24860781 - 12/21/17 08:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting. I know shamans use to do vision quests in complete darkness and have heard people say they prefer to explore DMT alone. I bet you learn a lot more about your inner world while by yourself. Where as if you’re with someone else you’re more in a space of extroversion since there’s more than one mind/spirit to cohab with.

--------------------

TEKs I Like

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
    #24860831 - 12/21/17 08:42 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MadHatter333 said:
Interesting. I know shamans use to do vision quests in complete darkness and have heard people say they prefer to explore DMT alone. I bet you learn a lot more about your inner world while by yourself. Where as if you’re with someone else you’re more in a space of extroversion since there’s more than one mind/spirit to cohab with.

You do. When youre by yourself, you can set landmarks in your head which in turn creates sort of a map of the psychedelic experience. When i was doing acid alone years back, i could always tell when i went further than any other time. its like jumping and trying to reach higher and higher while your last "record" is permanently ingrained in you.

But then when you get to dmt and pharmahuasca, its so wild everytime that each experience is difficult to top.

Thats what i try to do anyway. I live to push the psychedelic boundaries.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience