Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour, DXM, Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBuchu
the intangible

Loc: Interzone, Canada
Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone?
    #2485728 - 03/31/04 12:42 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

I was wondering if people had stories about getting jerked around/bothered by salespeople while out shopping for grow supplies, and ways that the situation was dealt with?

This happened to my pet Lobster: He went to Home Depot after class, with his crustation buddies. They were paling around and looking at various things, talking in hushed tones about possible strategies for growing, and stuff that might be usefull?

He told me how this crusty old sales creep kept following them around, made them real nervous. Finally this cretin just comes up, looks my lobster in the face and shrieks, ?Na, just what are you boys lookin? for! Wha, ye gotta project er something?!? My lobster was taken aback, as he had not foreseen this turn of events, and had not prepared an alibi.

But my lobster pulled something out of thin air, ?Oh, my dad just bought me a Bearded Dragon, and wouldn?t ya know it, I don?t have a proper terrarium. So I just figured I would come here to look for a temporary thing, like maybe a Rubbermaid, and some pipe that I can fit a submersible heater into??

Later that same day, my lobster went to a garden supply shop. As he chated with his little chums, they noticed that the lady who worked there was talking to herself.
?Whada these guy want?.up ta somin???kids?meurt?..up ta?.? She was raving, but clearly thought my lobster was an evil doer? My lobster decided he had enough, and went and got drunk?.forget the verm.

My lobster is a real clean cut modern type of crustation, and he is well spoken?no tell-tale pot head he (but my lobster is black?.) It is just a shame that my lobster has to live in this little hick town. The aging population here thinks all young college students are no-good trouble makers?

I would love to hear more stories like (or unlike) the above?
Thanks

--------------------
Note: "awareness spectrum" narcotics are frequently fatal except to desensitized individuals capable of transforming the poison-configuration within their own bodies.
Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: Buchu]
    #2485849 - 03/31/04 01:19 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Heh when I used to look for San Pedro cactus in flower stores and stuff I would kinda get those question. I would always ask them if they carried it, they never heard of it, then usually went off to check, then would ask what I needed/wanted it for. (18 year old male looking for a SPECIFIC cactus... lol) I would just say "Err uhh I dunno, I was headin into town for some stuff and my mom told me to pick up this cactus for her garden."

I'm pretty sure it convinced them. Even if it didn't, wtf could they do.

OfflineTrippytroll
Freedumb!!!!

#2485892 - 03/31/04 01:38 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

That stuff happens here all the time, I dress like a douchebag though, so I guess its called for.
Anytime we go into a store, someone comes over "can I help you?" then pretends to stock the shelf beside you.

Normally I either ignore it and buy whatever I intended to, but on occasion I freak out about it, depending how often I visit the store, and the size/sex of the staff.

a loving "Can you not pretend like youre doing something? You can stand there like an asshole and make sure I dont steal anything if you want to, just dont piss me off" is good stuff.

OfflineBuchu
the intangible

Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: adamj]
    #2485902 - 03/31/04 01:43 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah man, I just love the reactions?.my lobster asked for Morning Glory seeds at some Health Hut or Vitamin Barn, and the lady seemed to count every damn spot on his head before answering?like she was memorizing his face or something.

He told me, also, once when he was younger and dumb, and he had read a really dated Faq about ephedrine, it said you could just go to the apothek and ask for it. The pharmacist?s eyes just bugged out and he was like, ?No! We don?t have these things!? And he just stared at my lobster as he walked away, and then as my lobster left, the pharmacist actually came to the window and watched as he walked away down the street!

People must be bored.

--------------------
Note: "awareness spectrum" narcotics are frequently fatal except to desensitized individuals capable of transforming the poison-configuration within their own bodies.
Frank Herbert, Dune

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2485916 - 03/31/04 01:50 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Hahahah! That's hilarious. It's sad to say, but a large part of it is probably because the average white American is suspicious of blacks. I've gone in and bought 6 8-ounce bottles of Robo max strength, bought 4 Robogel bottles, and nobody has ever said anything except for once when I was a stupid young'un and bought Coricidin. I asked the doctor next to me, a very smart looking guy, if they had generic Coricidin as it was expensive, and he was like, "No, they're for people with low blood pressure. Why, what do you plan on doing with it?" But I ended up making up some excuse and getting it anyhow.

Moral of the story: People are not suspicious of DXM, only Coricidin for some reason.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2485923 - 03/31/04 01:54 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

any experience with a salesperson is a bad one.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineBuchu
the intangible

Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: Ravus]
    #2485948 - 03/31/04 02:03 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Moral of the story: People are not suspicious of DXM, only Coricidin for some reason.

:smile2:

Quote:

Ravus said:
Hahahah! That's hilarious. It's sad to say, but a large part of it is probably because the average white American is suspicious of blacks....

Ahh, what makes you think I am from the US?  Look for clues in my other posts (if you care to...)

But yeah, salespeople blow my mind...and it's not like I haven't be in retail myself...but I never played the ass like these morons.

Actually, another funny thing was when my lobster asked his grade 10 science teacher where to get Agar....Mr. Strieber was like "whadya want that for, big guy?  I can't tell you where to get that stuff....you wanna grow some viruses, eh?"

My lobster had never even thought of that.

--------------------
Frank Herbert, Dune

InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: Ravus]
    #2485969 - 03/31/04 02:10 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Well, I think that's probably due to two reasons. One, there was a rash of deaths amongst some kids due to taking massive amounts of Coricidin a few years back, and two, Coricidin is a favorite with the meth cooking crowd.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2486282 - 03/31/04 05:17 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

you can't make meth out of coricidin

OfflineCather
journeyman
    #2486287 - 03/31/04 05:20 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Keep coughing in their faces and apologising :smile: they soon leave you alone

Also mention having recently been to the congo :smile:

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: Cather]
    #2486339 - 03/31/04 06:40 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Ya I've had a similar experience asking the local pharmacist for ephedrine he got those bug eyes and he's like nononono ephedrine is illegal! No ephedrine in canada! And then I was like ok and I started browsing the isles again and he yells to me "What would you want ephedrine for anyways?" and I told him some random fact I remembered and said that I wanted to see if it would help with my asthma. But if you're in the store and they're bugging you about things like morning glories or cactuses or why you want your change converted to a bill simply tell them it's so you can get really really fucking high, what can they really do about it? Whenever I get a 5 bill and they hassle me about what I need it for I make up some excuse to be sure they change it for me and then as I'm heading out the door I blurt out something really loud about the bill's intended use. Just don't get this cocky attitude towards other things and tell them about your grow lol.

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#2486689 - 03/31/04 11:46 AM (13 years, 30 days ago)

I've never really had bad experiences with salespeople. But then, I don't go around asking pharmacists for well-known methamphetamine precursors.  :shake:

Generally, with sales people, I can even ask where something specific is, and they'll tell me. If I'm specific, and don't invite it, they'll almost never ask what it's for. If they ask, "Can I help you? Workin on a project, or something?", they're just fishing - say what you're looking for, don't mention what you need it for.
Seriously, if all your looking for is vermiculite, rubbermaids, brown rice flower, DXM. . . if someone really asks, you're buying it for your mother/girlfreind/etc.
On the other hand, if you go into a gas station and clear the racks of ephedrine containing pills, well... I'm just glad I don't know ya
:lol:

OfflineBuchu
the intangible

Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: phi1618]
    #2486998 - 03/31/04 02:21 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
I've never really had bad experiences with salespeople. But then, I don't go around asking pharmacists for well-known methamphetamine precursors.  :shake:
:lol:

Like I said, my lobster was younge and dumb, live and learn.
I'm not sure where you do your shopping, but you clearly arn't being guilty until proven innocent by crusty clerks, like my poor lobster.  He isn't paranoid, as may be the assumption, he is down to earth, trust me.  Sometimes you just can't avoid the fact that people are being ignorant, full stop.

--------------------
Frank Herbert, Dune

Offlinekb73
enthusiast
Loc: Abilene, TX
    #2487880 - 03/31/04 07:45 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

I always just said I dunno, it's for my brother, he asked me to get it for him.

--------------------
WARNING chronicshroom will rip you off! Don't trade with him! I sent him 20 spore syringes and he never sent me anything.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Bad Experiences with Salespeople, Anyone? [Re: zeta]
    #2487958 - 03/31/04 08:21 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

You can't? Sorry then.... :crazy:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour, DXM, Morning Glory Seeds, San Pedro, Vermiculite

Community >> The Pub