Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Hemp, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebob5

CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head'
    #24857206 - 12/20/17 09:27 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,
Firstly i'll say, i've only just tried it today. I had my 2nd dose of the day about half an hour ago.
I'm impressed. I had to stop smoking weed recenly - it was really causing me as many problems as it was solving.
I have smoked almost every day sine i was 13, i'm 29 now.
Now i smoked for good reasons; it's always helped me gain perspective, and calm and space... helped me physically relax, helped me avoid alcohol and cocaine. - So much good  has come from it for me.
But then theres the other side to cannabis. It makes me paranoid, gives me mood swings - and the amount i smoked would eventually depress me making my life very dark and gloomy.
I've also had three seizures in the past from very high strength 'skunk' (high thc i suspect)

I have severe mental health issues, anxiety has been one of the main aspects. Body Dysmorphic Disorder and OCD.
So i felt like i had to take the bad with the good as far as cannabis went. As it was the only escape or way of regulating and having control over my mood/experience of life.

I've searched and searched for the 'perfect strain' indica/sativa strain mix my whole life.
Trying to find one that didn't make me excessively introverted, with repetitive thought loops, paranoia and depression  - or make me extremely anxious, delusional and borderline psychotic.
I never found it. A few batches of pure indica hashish came close, but still made me introverted and worsened my anxiety disorders holistically.

So i gave up. Then by pure chance while ordering some nicotine vape liquid i saw the uk vendor also carried cbd oil. I was shocked, this being the U.K were everything that isn't sold in a blister pack, bottle or cigarettes and caffeine is banned. (new psychoactive substance bill:rolleyes:)
But i found it, researched it and began to get excited.
After about 12hours of research i found a brand i thought i could trust(believe me, do your research, a lot of companies selling fake and potentially harmful products {un-regulated industry})

So onto the cbd oil. my experience.
I've got a holistic extract in oil. It contains the 60-80+? cannaboids found in cannabis.
I took 5~mg CBD + other cannaboids after a 10min mediation - i was very wary of the placebo effect as i knew i so wanted this to work.
I felt the effects surprisingly quickly - but i usually do when taking a substance sublingually
It's given me the physical relaxation that i love from weed. It also allowed me to just 'stop' and not engage in my ritualistic day to day behaviours. I was able to just stay in one place and be. Normally i am running around chased by and chasing my anxieties. But i was calm.
I've also been a lot more aware of my mood. Something that cannabis is very sweet and sour on > cannabis gives me insight into how i'm acting for a short while, then i start getting really high and lose insight to myself and am just 'buzzing'.
However it hasn't improved my mood at all, in fact i've been quite pissed off today.. i don't think this has anything to do with the CBD (though i can't say for sure yet) I think it has much more to do with me being aware that i am unhappy, and have lots to be pissed of about (such as my dear narcissistic father who has come down for christmas)

This insight has got me thinking about my life and where it's headed and what i need to change, what i can no longer tolerate..  really big things - that i normally try and avoid as the physical feelings they bring up cause me to dissociate or seek escapism.

It has also helped my back - which is in a bad way due to years of playing computer games and surfing the net with terrible posture. The pain is less intense today - i ~think because i'm physically relaxed as opposed to my normal extremely tensed; fight or flight mode that i exist in perpetually.

It made me sleepy too. First thing in the morning when i took it and the 2nd time (about an hour ago now) A nice sleepy, not a narcotic or heavy duty med type sleepy. Just really chilled, in a place where sleep could be possible but is by no means mandatory. I will tinker with the dosage to find something perhaps lower for the morning and the same amount i took today or more for the night time.

I'd like to go on - but this is day one... so i'd need to take it for a longer period to say anything is for certain. (however i am definitely feeling the cannaboids doing good for me)
I also don't want to sound like an advert.  "You can step right up.."

So in conclusion, I think this stuff is very promising for those who have had to give up weed for various reasons but miss a lot of what it had to offer but it doesn't get you high. There is no 'druggy' effects or side-effects that i have noticed (and this is repeated all over the net). I can't see myself ever craving this as it's just not that kind of experience..

Of course consult your doctor if you have any health problems and do your research on the CBD itself and the supplier you choose!
This is just my personal, anecdotal and very limited experience and i am a patient not a doctor.
But i'm very pleased to have found this, and keen to see how it plays out over the next few weeks.

Regards,
B5

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilo_citizen
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: bob5]
    #24857761 - 12/20/17 02:43 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

For me, the sedative effects of cbd seem to disappear on the second or third day of dosing. You may even want to consider giving ganja another try as cbd greatly reduces the"stress" that some of us feel when smoking. Citicoline has also done wonders for me in removing the uncomfortable peaky feeling that I get if I happen to indulge.

Also worth mentioning is a homemade tincture route and skipping the decarb. Thca is relatively non psychoactive when compared to decarbed thx, though many of the emotional and physical benefits can still be obtained. I've never honestly made it without decarbing, as I tend to like the effects; it is also much easier to titrate a proper dose when dosing using a tincture(it's a homogenous solution, so a mililiter will always contain the same level of actives from the same batch.

Should you choose to give this a try, I'd highly recommend purchasing a t-check. It won't give you a layout of each individual cannabinoid, but it will give you any idea of total concentration to help create some level of uniformity across batches.

--------------------
"I members.... do you members"
Memberberries circa 2016

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: Psilo_citizen]
    #24857817 - 12/20/17 03:02 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Wonder if vaping cbd would help with pot cravings.

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: NOUS333]
    #24858505 - 12/20/17 07:37 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

If its legal in the uk its hemp derived CBD it's not as good as the cannabis derived CBD. Well it is the same CBD but the way they extract it is more crude with hemp.

CBD works better with other cannabinoids small amounts of THC work really well.
I had some ACDC and man was it good, smoked it on a tolerance break real relaxing :stoned:

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: MushMaggot] * 1
    #24858633 - 12/20/17 08:39 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MushMaggot said:
If its legal in the uk its hemp derived CBD it's not as good as the cannabis derived CBD. Well it is the same CBD but the way they extract it is more crude with hemp.

CBD works better with other cannabinoids small amounts of THC work really well.
I had some ACDC and man was it good, smoked it on a tolerance break real relaxing :stoned:

Cannatonic #4 nice as well

Invisiblebob5

Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: NOUS333]
    #24859197 - 12/21/17 04:46 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

It is hemp derived, but using co2 critical extraction. I've been very impressed, took another product that includes terpenes today and found it has a more rounded effect, and quite uplifting instead of sedating. (that could be the getting used to it you describe) but it has raised my mood significantly compared to the cannaboids only product i used yesterday.
I can confirm it makes weed more gentle, to the extent i don't think ill smoke in future without cbd oil as a prophylactic of sorts. I got very high last night, but instead of the conversation grinding to a halt as i got overly introverted and paranoid - i was fully engaged in an hour long discussion with a friend ^^

I'd love to make my own tincture, i need to find some good hemp vendors first. I'd quite like an alternative to the oil, as its very oily and makes you feel a bit queasy with it in your mouth.
But i'm not fond of tinctures due to the alcohol content. (i'm not good with booze)

Haven't heard of a T-check, is it a kit you can buy or do you need to send it off to a lab?

So pleased with this!! up there with my discovery of turmeric - in fact, im even more pleased with it.
It's really helping my inflammation issues, and i feel very content and clear-headed.

OfflineMushMaggot
Fibonacci'r
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: bob5]
    #24860526 - 12/21/17 06:16 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

have you tried putting a blob on top of a bowl of just normal old THC bud ?

OfflineSabnock
people have gone retarded
Male

Re: CBD oil, what i want from cannabis - without the 'messing with my head' [Re: MushMaggot]
    #24860733 - 12/21/17 07:50 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Get yourself some Lemon essential oil (which contains terpenes also found in Cannabis, like Limonene and Alpha-Pinene), and use anywhere from 6 to 10 drops orally in a capsule once a day, it takes a few days to a week or so to really build up in the body, but it really helps to clean up the effects of Cannabis, reduces anxiety and paranoia, makes it more of a "high" than a stone, feels a lot better than without it. But yeah i don't like high amounts of THC either, i mainly smoke regular Cannabis, i was smoking high grade for a bit but while it did seem cleaner and was tastier and more aromatic than regular Cannabis, i think i prefer the regular Cannabis/a bit lower THC.

Also, Lemon EO might synergize well with CBD. Lemon EO has anti-anxiety effects, memory enhancing effects, it's pretty good stuff, i like and recommend it.

I very recently started using this stuff called Mucuna Pruriens, and have been using a standardized extract of it for two weeks now (standardized to 15%/150mgs L-Dopa per 1 gram/two capsules of extract) taking like 3 to 6 capsules twice a day, along with like 7 drops of Lemon EO once a day (after i wake up) and 5 drops of Ginger EO about two to three times a day, and when i smoke Cannabis it feels pretty nice, like a medication of sorts, though i think there's a second phase kinda thing with the Lemon EO so things tend to feel better, i think, in the evening/at night if i take the Lemon EO when i wake up. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of undesirable side-effects, though i'd imagine 10 drops of Lemon EO may be better than 7 drops. If i were in a legal state and could use Cannabis orally, i'd imagine it would go very well with this mix with a proper dosage/a good strain of the Cannabis (not too much, not too little, terpene content, cannabinoid content/ratios, etc).

--------------------

Edited by Sabnock (12/21/17 11:50 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Hemp, Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience