Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP!
    #24857198 - 12/20/17 07:24 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone know if there's anyway I can have messages disappear that I already sent from Facebook probably not right? or have it so the messages don't have my name attached to them there's gotta be a way to do that. This is extremely important! Appreciate any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleApostleofAzathoth
lunatic wielding pressure cooker
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the PNW
Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #24857769 - 12/20/17 12:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think so but you could try deleting your account.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: ApostleofAzathoth]
    #24858332 - 12/20/17 04:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ApostleofAzathoth said:
I don't think so but you could try deleting your account.

I don't believe this will accomplish anything. Facebook archives your account in case you ever want to reopen it (remembering shit about you is their business model), and it also archives any messages you sent on both your account and the recipient's account. I have archives available all the way back to 2009.

So even if you figure out how to clear the archive from your end, which I don't think you will be able to, since again, remembering everything is facebook's business model, the archive will still exist for the other person.

Anonymous #2

Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: Kryptos]
    #24858486 - 12/20/17 05:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This doesn't seem suspicious at all... but anyways

Only way you can delete a sent message is by gaining access to receipts account.

Everything you do on Facebook get stored on their servers, and on top of that, they probably have backups of backups of backups all located at different, secure and secret locations.

And by everything, I mean... your address, your current and ex girlfriends, boyfriends, wife's and husband's, for fuck's sake... they know where you were on the 12 July 2003 at 2am! THEY KNOW EVERYTHING!!

There's people concerned about the government keeping tabs on them - infringing on their privacy! But post their entire lives on social media, they carry their smartphones everywhere, we diagnose our own medical problems using Google... GOD DAMMIT!! we shouldn't be concerned about the government, it's these big corporate companies! Facebook, Twitter, Uber, Google, Cloudflare...

Anyway, for interest sake... perhaps you could tell us why you wanna delete sent messages??? - government after you, told a girl you loved her while high AF?????

Anonymous #1

Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #24858763 - 12/20/17 08:06 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Friends phone has been compromised sent somewhat sensitive messages. I don't think I'm necessarily a priority target but they could definitely go after me if they wanted to.

I want to try to distance this from me as far as possible to reduce the risk of them trying to press charges. Like if I could get my name off the messages, I see some people on my messages list just have "Facebook user" on the conversation I'm assuming because they deactivated or deleted account or possibly blocked me I've already blocked my friend and the messages were encrypted, and the phone isn't completely compromised but they've been finding ways around the initial password to get in the phone. Anything I can do to help my cause?

Edited by Anonymous (12/20/17 08:07 PM)

Anonymous #2

Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #24859175 - 12/21/17 02:22 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I've already blocked my friend and the messages were encrypted

... now delete you friend from your account
... and then deactivate your account

This should prevent them from seeing your messages.... I've noticed this chick deleted me and I can't seem to read messages she's sent me????

And depending on whether or not it's your local police investigating and the severity of the case, they could request Facebook to had over your data.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #24868391 - 12/25/17 08:09 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Remember that account deactivation takes at minimum two weeks, and if you have facebook automatically log in on your computer then the two week timer will reset literally every time you visit a website with an embedded "share this on facebook!" button. And you have to go through and deactivate your account from scratch again.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/0/permanently-delete-facebook-account/

Offlinebeezneez

Loc: PNW
Re: Any way to get rid of all messages on Facebook, HELP! [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #24870584 - 12/26/17 10:21 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Take all this with a grain of salt, but former tech nerd here. Worked in silicon valley advertising for a spell years ago. Even if you "permanently delete" you better believe they keep all the data in mezzanine storage, aka cold storage. they use it for ad analytics and the advertising logic. They may drop a row or two on the easily identifiable information but i doubt it. I never did when an account was "permanently deleted" it was just gone from the public view. if for some reason i needed the data it was there a query away. Storage is so cheap and user information is better than cash money to facebook and the likes they arent ever going to totally delete jack shit.

The good thing though, silicon valley seems to care about privacy to a degree, if they handed out info to everyone that asked (yes, even law enforcement) no one would use the service. unless you did some really fucked up shit and those messages were the key to it all i wouldn't worry too much. not to say it doesn't happen, as it most certainly does, but you have to appreciate that law enforcement is incredibly strained and isnt going to hit up social networks for every case. and these companies dont usually bend to lawyer requests for information, its gotta be local law or feds generally.

if you "get away" with whatever it is you are trying to suppress, dont use social media, take this as a free pass and walk away from social media(all of them). the Terms of service state essentially we own every fucking bit on this website, and we have the right to keep every fucking bit, pictures, geoloc data, name, address, age, likes, dislikes, favorite color, shoe size, private message, etc, etc. its the quid pro quo of facebook, nothing is "free" online. User data is incredibly valuable. think of it as burning money, who does that right?

IF you are completely paranoid about being tracked or monitored. best to burn your phone, laptop, disconnect your internet, move to the woods, use a tin can string phone, live a cash only lifestyle and never interact with anyone connected. We have reached that point in our society. Just use your head going forward and be aware you are living in time where every fucking thing is recorded in once capacity or another,and it will be kept forever in hardened storage facilities...redundantly. Luckily they haven't figured out how to control us...or have they :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom