Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSalRapasadi
Cactus

Loc: Best Coast
Approaching Monotub Spawn Transfer :: A Few Last Questions
    #24851834 - 12/17/17 03:57 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hi Everyone,

So it's looking like I'll (fingers crossed) hopefully have successfully inoculated 12 jars of Penis Envy on rye grain via spores. Imminent is my transfer to my bulk substrate and get moving on the monotub. I've been utilizing Frank's famous TEK below and had a few questions for the pros, should anyone be willing to entertain my lengthy newbness here today.

Frank's awesome TEK:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19792837

My questions are thus:

1) Is it necessary to do one last shake at presumed 100% colonization in jars to confirm that there's any more room left to run colonizing or for exposing hidden contams?

2) Once grain spawn is transferred to the monotubs, is it necessary to provide light before fruiting? The 12/12 method.. is that only for the fruiting stage?

3) Is there any overly obsessive need to control humidity or temperature in the colonization/fruiting stages here? My closet stays at around 70-80 degrees. Mostly in the upper end of that range and the coolest time is at bed time until the morning, then the balance of the day is spent mostly around 75-78.

4) Is it simple as just leaving the 66qt storage container lid on at all times during monotub colonization all the way through fruiting? Minimal FAE is needed at first, then moderate FAE by removing duct tape in favor of Polyfill and indirect wall fanning? But the lid stays on from colonization all the way to fruiting, correct? Is there any harm in opening to check on the colonization?

5) Should monotubs be placed on some sort of platform off of the floor for contamination separation?

6) What does "full colonization" realistically look like both pre-casing and post-casing that signify time to move on to the next phase? Any pictures might help immensely!

7) Any last words of advice re: Penis Envy strain (blobs etc.) when heading into this monotub run? This is my first go and I'd like it to continue on swimmingly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again.. thank so much everyone.

--------------------

"All the years combine, they melt into a dream"

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblehamloaf
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Approaching Monotub Spawn Transfer :: A Few Last Questions [Re: SalRapasadi] * 1
    #24852002 - 12/17/17 05:16 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

No.
Light is beneficial in all stages of growth.
No.  Those temps are fine.
Correct.  Leave the lid alone during colonization.
Up to you.  I raise them about 18 inches off the floor with an empty tote.
Once the substrate is fully white from being engulfed with mycelium. 

I haven't found doing anything special to penis envy varities to be necassary.  It's all up to genetics.  Grow a bunch of substrates at once, and clone the best fruits from the substrates that perform the way you want them to.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineSalRapasadi
Cactus

Re: Approaching Monotub Spawn Transfer :: A Few Last Questions [Re: hamloaf]
    #24853401 - 12/18/17 11:59 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks so much man! Very helpful.

Re: Light

I know a 6500K bulb is ideal for 12 hours during this process.... do you have any recommendations on a setup IE distance from the tubs and type of bulb or mounting?

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Approaching Monotub Spawn Transfer :: A Few Last Questions [Re: SalRapasadi]
    #24853408 - 12/18/17 12:02 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Far enough away so that any heat emitted from the light doesn't mess with the temperature inside the fruiting chamber.  Mount on the sides or overhead.  Choice is your's.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineSalRapasadi
Cactus

Re: Approaching Monotub Spawn Transfer :: A Few Last Questions [Re: hamloaf]
    #24868567 - 12/26/17 12:02 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man!!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation