Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Mushroom cultivation: The Chernobyl Diaries. (Official thread for MASS mutations)
    #24847267 - 12/15/17 07:40 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Credit for thread name goes to PreparationH!!!

So in the shoebox thread we started a conversation on, well mutated pin sets basically. I have seen some others have similar issues and wanted to start a thread about it in hopes that, as a community, we can come to understand the cause or causes of this phenomenon. Here is what I am talking about.

At first I had thought maybe it was genetics or only bacteria as I only had it with Costa Rica variety. Well now I have 4 shoeboxes of LGT that had been knotting hard. Well now there are a few forming in it. As far as these LGT go we had a cold snap about 5 days back. My grow area was maintaining 62f at BEST, I now have this fixed. It is possible that I didn't back off my misting enough as the cold snap happened. Which in turn could cause a over saturated substrate. This itself COULD be a cause of it. I believe that this over saturation would in turn cause a secondary issue, as it would promote and encourage bacteria growth.

So this has 2 possible causes on my list now Bacteria, and Oversaturation. Now Mushboy had noticed a correlation with him using tap water and having this happen. He said he had water with a bit of a slimy layer on top. Which COULD be bacteria. So it is possible, but not proven, that he was misting with contaminated water. Now I can say there was a correlation between the time I stopped misting with bottle water and started having more and more issues. My city water has a high PH some where up around PH9. Could this high PH cause formation issues? could it be the chlorine in the water? I don't know but something is causing this to happen to some of us. This now puts my water source on the list as well.

So list for me so far of possible causes is

1. Oversaturation of the sub from making it or over misting.
2. Bacteria, either from unclean spawn or introduced via over saturation or water source.
3. The source of the water.
4. I have not mentioned yet, it is unlikely but possible, and that would be a virus. For reasons why look into "painted tulips" they are caused by a virus that lives in them but doesn't kill them.

PLEASE feel free to post pics of similar issues and give any and all pertinent info that you can. All we may end up with is a correlation but that is a good direction to go in eliminating the cause of this.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mushroom cultivation: The Chernobyl Diaries. (Official thread for MASS mutations) [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24847291 - 12/15/17 08:02 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:derfase:

I will post my pics when im home but i definitely feel confident that my rash of freaks last year was caused by iron bacteria in my tap water.

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Mushroom cultivation: The Chernobyl Diaries. (Official thread for MASS mutations) [Re: mushboy]
    #24847292 - 12/15/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

VERY possible. I know I have seen others post similar pics and no one seems able to tell us what causes it. I hope to get enough response that we can find a correlation and fix this.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Mushroom cultivation: The Chernobyl Diaries. (Official thread for MASS mutations) [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24847295 - 12/15/17 08:05 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

It just makes sense.  And its the only variable that plugs in when i would change my cult equation... If that makes sense.

But when i switched to bottled water?  The problem cleared up as the shrooms grew and ive never seen it since:shrug:

Surface myc would also bruise insanely easily and i was getting blobs like crazy.  From 4 different random cubes.

Hell,  even my wife noted..  'looks like you sprayed with poison water! '

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Mushroom cultivation: The Chernobyl Diaries. (Official thread for MASS mutations) [Re: mushboy]
    #24847300 - 12/15/17 08:07 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

See in my instance I may be able to say it was over saturation of substrate which would promote bacteria growth. Is it at all possible that you were over saturating the sub when you started back up?

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24847302 - 12/15/17 08:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Very good initiative Mad, I´m sure we will solve multiple deformity riddles with the help on this thread as I´m sure there are multiple reasons for this. :super:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24847305 - 12/15/17 08:11 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I could of been? I dont want to be all 'no i do everything right! ' ..but i dont think i was over saturating.  That causes shorties,  premi veil tears and shitty pinsets.

The pins would come in,  look ok usually,  and as id mist theyd get more and more freaky. And i expose to max air.  So my dialing in requires more misting then most people do.

And if im misting with bacterial water?  Bloctch and deformed city.

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

#24847329 - 12/15/17 08:23 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

interesting

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleFungus Mountain
Poke-N-Squirt
 User Gallery

Loc: Front row @ the Freakshow
    #24847411 - 12/15/17 09:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

So a few things.
1) I think CR (or the genetics floating around) might just be prone to blobs. I've taken a few spins growing that one, and it just likes to throw Chernobyl children.

2) Want to say once of the more veteran TC's had touched on this in a thread once, and was leaning towards petroleum residues as the source.

--------------------
“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
George Orwell, 1984

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate