Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 658 | 659 | 660 | 661 | 662 | 663 | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesaigonese
Stranger

Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: pineninja] * 2
    #24846991 - 12/15/17 01:13 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Hello guys ! I have some lophophora but I'm not sure are they williamsii.Hope someone can help me to define.

Edited by saigonese (12/15/17 01:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: saigonese]
    #24847011 - 12/15/17 02:08 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The one in flower is definitely L.williamsii. I'm fairly certain the others are as well. Post some pictures of their flowers when they get around to it and we can give you a better id.

Welcome to the shroomery! :mushroomgrow: :vineclimb:

--------------------

Offlinesaigonese
Stranger

Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: karode13] * 4
    #24847021 - 12/15/17 02:24 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Thank You ! Here are some more pictures:

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
    #24847102 - 12/15/17 04:31 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Gorgeous, congratulations those are beautiful plants :laugh:
Why is that smaller one pupping out of every areole? Growth hormones from the rootstock?

I have some questions about grafting, guys, I hope you can help:

- I've read about IBA (rooting powder) being used to improve chances or quality of grafts, but how would you apply it?

- I made some changes and my grafts now seem to go much better :smile: I also grafted on branched plants. Yeah I realize that multiple tops will just grow slower, but I am wondering: how can you judge whether parts of a plant offer a net contribution or cost of energy to the plant? When does it not contribute but just cost upkeep?

Similarly I am surprised when you are meant to cut away many leaves when a plant is fruiting to focus its energy, when I would expect that the leaves give a positive net effect in contributing energy.

This question is pretty important to me since I am also growing plants like avocado in bonsai style more or less and want it to focus energy into making a thicker stem.

If you keep removing all buds and tops, don't you force it to focus all energy on the parts you don't remove?

I am inclined to not remove the other (intact) branch of my grafted peres to make use of its leaves though i would remove the top/apex and any buds that start there, but I just don't know whether the resources will actually be diverted.

If you have literature on this to recommend i would be very grateful!

(by the way i also tried to graft monstrose growth from my caesp, looks good so far, very swollen.. :laugh: am curious about the type of growth that results)

InvisibleFeroxx
Master of the Green Fist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cruel sun
    #24847223 - 12/15/17 07:04 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats, you managed to graft lophs to hylo undatus :smile::thumbup:

Offlinehighfatte
Stranger
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: Feroxx]
    #24851859 - 12/17/17 02:08 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone.
I am a new user who wants to discover lophophora and mescaline world. I've found some kind of lophophora in my country but I am not sure whether it is williamsii or diffusa. I'm posting some pics. Pls help me!

InvisibleMostly_HarmlessM
wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

Loc: Perfidious Albion Flag
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: highfatte]
    #24851876 - 12/17/17 02:14 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome, highfatte  :sunny:

pics 1 & 2 could be williamsii.
Pic 3 might be a diffusa and 2 koehresii, or could be 2 williamsii with a diffusa.
Flowers will determine the ID's for sure.

--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Offlinehighfatte
Stranger
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #24851921 - 12/17/17 02:37 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
Welcome, highfatte  :sunny:

pics 1 & 2 could be williamsii.
Pic 3 might be a diffusa and 2 koehresii, or could be 2 williamsii with a diffusa.
Flowers will determine the ID's for sure.

Thank you very much for your respond :sun:
Actually I've searched with Google, and mostly I saw that if it doesn't have flower, I should look at ribs pattern. Because of I am a newbie, I could't decide if they (pic 1-2-3) have williamsii ribs pattern. It seems to me like they are L.Diffusa :/
Moreover, it is winter in Europe. So, if I don't buy, I have to wait until the spring maybe summer to see flowers. But the problem is until the spring the botanic market which I wanted to buy williamsiis, might sell all of the peyotes. So, I have to decide now. :/

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#24852012 - 12/17/17 03:22 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

If they are degrafts, or in the process of adding more ribs, it can throw off the regular patterns and make it trickier to ID.
Are they well priced? Could be worth picking them up anyway, all the loph species are a pleasure to own regardless :smile:

--------------------

|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||

Offlinehighfatte
Stranger
    #24852074 - 12/17/17 04:03 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
If they are degrafts, or in the process of adding more ribs, it can throw off the regular patterns and make it trickier to ID.
Are they well priced? Could be worth picking them up anyway, all the loph species are a pleasure to own regardless :smile:

I don't know what is their 'real' worth but price which was told me is about 20 euro. My journey has started with the book named The Door of Perception and when I seached about peyote I saw that it is totally legal to own it in my country. So, I am excited to experience it! But first, I need to get it anyway :P :sun:

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24854924 - 12/18/17 10:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Today's flowers. It's pretty hot out here today.

This one looks shite because of Spider mite damage last growing season. It's recovering.

--------------------

OfflineLSoares
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portugal Flag
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: karode13]
    #24855123 - 12/19/17 02:09 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, to have a hot day... :'(

Nice plants and flowers, Karode. :smile:

--------------------
Z. in sunny Lisbon, Portugal
Cactus grower particularly fond of north american miniatures.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/

Sowing cacti - my way!
Random pictures of my collection.
Photographing cacti, Z's way.

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: LSoares]
    #24855126 - 12/19/17 02:14 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Z. It was 36C today but as I type it's bucketing down rain and a cool change come with it. Watering all of my plants while I sit back and stare from my back door. :stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleSpacetuna
Skipper

Loc: Coastal
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: karode13]
    #24855534 - 12/19/17 09:57 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'm New to this hobby and fear I may have messed up already, I recently acquired a caespitosa specimen and am in the possess of repoting.  Just read it's not a good thing to do in winter months, too late, so when it's time to repot should I not water till spring and make sure mix is extra dry, any help is appreciated. Thanks again

--------------------

Edited by Spacetuna (12/19/17 09:57 AM)

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: Spacetuna]
    #24855655 - 12/19/17 11:15 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah same here more or less, but I didn't want to wait cause it involved a loph that wasn't doing so great. And it had just been way long without any water. It seems okay though... I guess if you're too late you're too late, you meant that you unearthed it but have not yet put it in a new pot?
I think it is stressful on them and when they are dormant they don't react well to that and to water. I don't know of a reason not to at least repot it though and withhold the water at least for a while? I'm interested to know too.

Difference might be though: I grow indoors anyway at constant conditions and my caesps are growing nicely, not dormant or anything, so the LW may not be either (it is harder to tell) apart from the previous neglect.

Other than this, it shouldn't be a major problem to repot in winter but if you live in a cold area - and I guess you do - you really want conditions to be warm and dry when repotting so try and take care of that.
If you are really worried perhaps pasteurizing your soil could be an option to try and prevent rot even more?

And yes don't water right after repotting.

InvisibleSpacetuna
Skipper

Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: Solipsis]
    #24855705 - 12/19/17 11:46 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah too late as in pulled from one pot have not yet re planted.  I have her in a hot part of the house seems like a very healthy specimen now.  I think I will pasturize, better safe than sorry.  Just not sure how long to withhold water. Thanks

--------------------

wyrd bið ful aræd
Male User Gallery

#24855769 - 12/19/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Repotting in winter is fine. Give the roots time to heal from any damage caused by removing the old soil etc, then repot into a bone dry mix, and hold off watering until spring.

--------------------

InvisibleSpacetuna
Skipper

#24855869 - 12/19/17 01:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mostly_Harmless said:
Repotting in winter is fine. Give the roots time to heal from any damage caused by removing the old soil etc, then repot into a bone dry mix, and hold off watering until spring.

Thank you soo much, My mind is now at rest.

--------------------

OfflineCrispy224
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24857268 - 12/20/17 08:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

If it's a big one then you can definately withhold water without fear of hurting them. I have some in 2 inch pots that I occasionally forget to water for 2-3 months during the growing season that are fine.

--------------------
Matsesherbs.com is a SCAM site. Do not send them any money!!!!

InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
Re: Lophophora Growers Unite! [Re: Crispy224]
    #24859053 - 12/20/17 11:38 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Even the little ones can go some time without water.  I have ~50 that are barely over a year old and they have currently been without water 2-1/2 months and will go another 2-1/2 before they see any unless the situation warrants other action be taken before that time.  They're potted in small groups of three so it is easy to deal with individual cases to some extent without disturbing too many of its brethren.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 658 | 659 | 660 | 661 | 662 | 663 | 664 | 665 | 666 | 667 | 668 | 669 | 670 | 671 | 672 | 673 | 674 | 675 | 676 | 677 | 678 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix