Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Syrian Rue, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Syrian rue seed coats
    #2484695 - 03/30/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

There's a couple mentions in some documents at erowid about the red seed coats containing the alkaloids, while the white nut like seeds should be discarded. This is the only place I've seen this mentioned. Does anyone have any more information about this?

Also, does anyone have experience smoking HCl salts extracted from syrian rue? Is it best to freebase? Or perhaps its not even worth doing an extraction maybe just grind up and smoke?

Thanks for any info.

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Syrian rue seed coats [Re: psyphon]
    #3491773 - 12/13/04 04:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've talked to several people who claim that the seed coats are where it's at. The only thing is that when I've crushed the seeds in a mortar and pestle, its damn near impossible to not crush the entire seed, so I don't know how to separate off the seed coats. I'm curious as to whether the innard of the seed has any irritants or toxic stuff in it.

Check out the vinegar extraction on erowid as the latter part of your post goes.

User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Syrian rue seed coats [Re: psyphon]
    #3492241 - 12/13/04 05:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I recently extracted the stuff and tried to smoke the freebase and the salt in a lightbulb vaporizer.

The salt left a lot of nasty residue on evaporation which led me to believe a lot of it is being destroyed. But it was nicely smokeable.

The freebase vaporizes well and doesn't leave too much residue, but it was incredibly harsh. Almost unsmokeable and *a lot* worse than the salt. Perhaps it's because of the lye i used to basify. Will try to wash the stuff a couple more times and see how it gets.

About the effects, they both were active. I can't be sure which one is better because effects are mild with both and i didn't weigh any doses, just threw a couple of knifetips into the bulb and proceeded to vaporize.

Will try to properly wash the freebase when i have some time and try it out.

BTW, the freebase recristalized as a white powder inside the tubing of the vaporizer, and it made the tube itself turn pink !! :wtf: What is going on here?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Syrian Rue, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden