Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKKVguitarist
Mycogeek
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter
Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think?
    #24844606 - 12/13/17 08:07 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

So real quick what do you guys think, i had 3 jars all were mildly bacterial but still strong white mycelium, no mold contams, i let them sit for like 2 months to make sure not a single thing was uncolonized, used a butterknife to cut up into chunks, didnt crumble left in chunks, washed chunks in warm/hot water and put in a bucket with antibacterial soap, let it sit for 20 mins or so rinsed very well, got off any exposed grain (wheat) rinsed multiple times very well, hydrated ecoterra coir with erythromycin mixed into the water , but i left the coir fairly dry, then in a tub did a layer of coir, chunks of mycelium, then coir on top I just leave the top open and I don't even cover it and then spray the walls and the top of the coir a couple times a day.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think? [Re: KKVguitarist]
    #24844625 - 12/13/17 08:24 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

should of left them in the jars and cased with verm or coir and top fruited them in a sgfc or a monotub

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24844633 - 12/13/17 08:29 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KKVguitarist said:
had 3 jars all were mildly bacterial, used a butterknife to cut up into chunks washed chunks in warm/hot water and put in a bucket with antibacterial soap

:takingnotes:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24844658 - 12/13/17 08:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well I would have broke the grains up a little more and used a wire strainer to catch them in after washing....and then maybe would have added a splash or two of H2O2 in with your coir water before hydrating... And after using peroxide in your wash water as well.

I had a suspect bacterial jar, it was a g2g.  It colonized well except it was too wet and bacillus set in towards the very bottom.  So I used a clean butter knife to cut all but the bottom myc out of the jar and then completely but lightly crumbled up every grain and combined distilled water and three or four capfulls of peroxide. (8 oz.water/ three or four capfull ratio) and then soaked and swished my grains before combining with coir, and I am on day 4 of fruiting with that tray!  Haha.

Sometimes you can salvage as a last resort, but more often it doesn't work, but when its the only grow you got, you gotta at least try huh??  Haha

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

OfflinePsilicon
Really Nice Guy

Re: Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24844721 - 12/13/17 09:22 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Did Bodhi tell you to come in here and tell people you'd put your spawn in a bucket of soap water?

--------------------
Agar - what, why and how?  Everything a beginner needs to know.
Oat Prep Tek
Bored?  Please take one of my experiments off my hands.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think? [Re: Psilicon]
    #24844729 - 12/13/17 09:26 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:thaaannks:

yah thats some wacky shit. contams are tossed. not saved with kitchen utensils.

InvisibleMateja

#24844732 - 12/13/17 09:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
Well I would have broke the grains up a little more and used a wire strainer to catch them in after washing....and then maybe would have added a splash or two of H2O2 in with your coir water before hydrating... And after using peroxide in your wash water as well.

:takingnotes:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineKKVguitarist
Mycogeek
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter
Re: Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think? [Re: Mateja]
    #24844847 - 12/13/17 10:13 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Its just an experiment. I have nothing going at the moment, and these were sitting around, just seeing what happens.my experience with crumbling bacterial spawn is that its not strong enough to colonize any coir before other crap takes hold, i broke them up into roughly ping pong ball sizes. Essentially im wanting to just fruit the chunks using the coir as almost a casing layer somewhat. The SECOND i see anything else growing its getting tossed. I have been having MAJOR contam issues and after 6 runs having green spots before the first flush, and bacterial problems up the wazzoo i tossed everything, sterilized everything, and started completely over, i was able to acquire some prints and syringes from some people on here and im endlessly thankfull to you guys. Im just trying to get some fr fruits because i have none. Ive made 10 liquid culture jars, innoculating from 4 different sources, trying to get just 1 thats perfectly clean. I have 2 grain jars currently colonizing from an old master slant i had, to g2g when they are done, and i noced up 6 jars with spore syringes that for some reason arent doing anything at all. Idk if my wbs is too dry or what but if i dont see any growth in another week im gonna try shooting a little bit of sterile liquid culture into the jars to add some moisture and nutes for the spores. None of the LC jars are bacterial, that i can tell so far, i havent innoc. Any yet, i like to let them sit for 1 week to make sure nothing grows before i inoculate. Anyways thank you to the guys that helped out with thenspores and thank you guys for your answers and opinions

InvisibleMateja

#24844873 - 12/13/17 10:22 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

why are you inoculating with spores then when you have a clean culture in form of a master slant? How do you inoculate your LC with spores? All your problems are because of bad spawn, you get trich before the first flush thats REALLY bad spawn. What´s stopping you from inoculating with clean agar wedges? Have you tried that?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think? [Re: Psilicon]
    #24844896 - 12/13/17 10:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psilicon said:
Did Bodhi tell you to come in here and tell people you'd put your spawn in a bucket of soap water?

Yeah, the antibacterial soap seems like a stretch...at least the H2O2 isn't completely unheard of..... I would never use and soap or detergent to cleanse any mycelium.  Just distilled water and SMALL amounts of peroxide for me, though I know most would never recommend it, it does have some uses in mycology.

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

InvisibleMateja

#24844903 - 12/13/17 10:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

we all know what happens if someone should god forbid rinse their cakes with tap water instead of distilled :wink:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleBattyKodaS
WCA President
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Boof Hard Or Go Home
Re: Fruiting bacterial spawn what do you guys think? [Re: Mateja]
    #24845129 - 12/14/17 04:50 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.:bliss: RIP ModestMouse & Big Worm:heart:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale