Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCalGan
Stranger
Why wouldn't this work...?
    #2484331 - 03/30/04 06:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the way I read about how the P. cubensis (sp?) grows, it would be logical in areas where they are able to grow well (northern California, which is where I live) to just put good manure into piles and wait until it rains and usually its a mild rain and its sunny the next day. Always staying between 65-85 degrees. Couldn't they just grow in your backyard if weather permits?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: Why wouldn't this work...? [Re: CalGan]
    #2484339 - 03/30/04 06:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

too dry I think for the shrooms ( the air I mean )

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: slammin007]
    #2484358 - 03/30/04 06:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: Why wouldn't this work...? [Re: Citric]
    #2484382 - 03/30/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Domey said:
Well how the hell do shrooms grow out in fields on cow shit?  I mean this is very possible.  Cows shit, it rains, days later you got mushrooms.  Simple logic.

dunno how many shrooms grow in Cali, but I'm sure more grow where it's moist.....simple logic

Depends on the strain too, but high humidity is very important.
but hey, you might get one or two. :thumbup:

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why wouldn't this work...? [Re: Citric]
    #2484415 - 03/30/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

much like plants, mushrooms im sure have a 'region' they adhere to, or a particular 'climate' if you will. much like the back of packs of seeds, it has when to plant for what region, based on seasons, and the like. just have to know what to expect from your region, weather wise.

that being said, your questions are very vague, do you plan to introduce mycelium to the poo outside, or just place some patties out there, and hope the mushroom goddess sprinkles sporedust on them for you? if you plan to introduce mycelium grown indoors, into the outdoors, then yea...it'll work. lots and lots of ppl do outdoor patches, both with spent cakes/casings, and fresh mycelium/grains/straw/etc. if you plan to shoot some spores into a cow patty, then id suggest saving the syringe. and finally, if you plan to just place them out there and hope for the goddess, then i dont think it'll work, unless you live near a farm. stranger things can happen, but i would think one would need to be fairly close to where cubensis is actually grown (relatively speaking in terms of airborne spores) to have the patty have any hope. as always, my posts are subjective. this is also a blanket answer, since i dont have much to go on, i freak out and give out every possible explanation or reason in my head. apologies, and hope this helps.

-jb

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation