Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? * 2
    #24836959 - 12/10/17 01:22 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

And what was it that you stopped doing? And what reason did you have not to do it?

My recent reason not to do something has been related to saying no to getting :stoned:. For reasons that have to do with my future career it's not something I can continue to do and it's something I've already been saying no to.

Lung cancer was never a reason for me to stop, but a potential career in what I wanted to do seemed to be a nail in the coffin for something that beforehand was such a powerful thing.

I think it's interesting that I experienced such a change in such a short time and I'm wondering if any of you have had similar experiences?

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: sudly]
    #24836984 - 12/10/17 02:19 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think weed causes lung cancer.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: Peyote Road]
    #24836985 - 12/10/17 02:23 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Probably not anywhere near as bad as cigarettes do but I don't think it's good per se for your lungs.

For me it's been about passing DT's for urine, blood and hair.

--------------------

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24836998 - 12/10/17 02:39 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

What kind of job do you have that they test your hair blood and urine? Commercial Pilot? All I had to do for my job was provide a urine sample, for which I just used the ole substitution method. I may have to take another test but I haven't gotten stoned since July so I should be good this time.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: Peyote Road]
    #24837008 - 12/10/17 03:15 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Contracting on construction sites/national parks for private company etc.
Can use company vehicles too.

But don't have the job yet, trying to, hence my reason not to say yes to Mary.

Blood and urine can be substituted and covert drug use is a thing because the tests only go back 2 weeks tops as by then they've been processed through the body. Hair tests go back 90 days (per 1.5 inches of hair) because metabolites of things like THC, cocaine, opiates etc remain there for a long time.

If you have long enough hair they can know what you did for new years :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineFrenetic Zetetic
Male User Gallery

#24837014 - 12/10/17 03:28 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
Contracting on construction sites/national parks for private company etc.
Can use company vehicles too.

But don't have the job yet, trying to, hence my reason not to say yes to Mary.

Blood and urine can be substituted and covert drug use is a thing because the tests only go back 2 weeks tops as by then they've been processed through the body. Hair tests go back 90 days (per 1.5 inches of hair) because metabolites of things like THC, cocaine, opiates etc remain there for a long time.

If you have long enough hair they can know what you did for new years :tongue:

That's why I knew very quickly self-employment was for me!

--------------------
"Take it easy, dude. But TAKE it!" - Terence McKenna

OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: Frenetic Zetetic] * 1
    #24838457 - 12/10/17 08:36 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I told my boss I smoke weed. I drive a company vehicle around, so if I crash I get tested. Someone ran into me so my boss peed in the cup because he was too lazy to hire someone new hahaha.

I quit cigarettes. I have no idea why, I loved them. I never worried about a slow painful death from lung cancer or COPD, kinda figured I'd spend the rest of my life dyin slow anyways.
I quit because I got married. She never asked me to, she just didnt smoke herself. Maybe I wanted to make myself better for Her?

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Link List

Most teks have too much bullshit. These methods by bod do not.

OfflineThundermuscle75
Penis, usually hard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Staring at woodchips.
Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: Blue Wrench]
    #24838908 - 12/11/17 12:33 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't drive tonight because I had been drinking.

--------------------

"Rape ... Is a... can of apples" -Fiery

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: Thundermuscle75]
    #24838995 - 12/11/17 04:18 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I have steered clear of weed because of testing in the last couple of years (fintech industry), but also a few decades back I eliminated it during a time I wanted to secure sole custody of my children.

It does fog the mind.

Stopping cigarettes helped not fog my chest.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24839678 - 12/11/17 02:05 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I quit smoking weed back in May because after developing psychosis I find it makes my reality completely fall apart. But I noticed it took several months before my mind felt clear (psychosis aside). In other words it was affecting me in ways I didn't realize. I would frequently took week long or two week long breaks from it while I was smoking and compare how I felt during the breaks to when I was smoking. I never felt much difference in clarity so I figured it wasn't effecting me. However after six months off I realized there is a difference, it just takes more than 2 weeks to become apparent. Thats why I believe cannabis is an insideous substance. Long term stoners don't realize the subtle negative effect it is having on their life because they are so used to being chronically stoned.

--------------------

OfflineFrenetic Zetetic
Male User Gallery

#24839710 - 12/11/17 02:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't had to stop smoking cannabis since 2011.

--------------------
"Take it easy, dude. But TAKE it!" - Terence McKenna

Offlinethealienthatategod
retrovertigo
Female

#24839946 - 12/11/17 04:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

i stopped smoking weed in January 2014, because an alien told me that only sober people are allowed on their ship.  :ancientaliens: 

i had been smoking daily - all day at times - or immediately before, lunch break, and after work for eleven years. 

i may now smoke once in a while (may be 6 times a year), but when i do, I really don't seem to like it. 

i like the effect that it has on my ego, i seem to be able to hear my own thoughts better,
but i'm pretty sure my IQ drops 20 points, my mind is a fog, and i feel LLLLLAAAAAZZZYYYYYYYY. 
also, it is harder to have lucid dreams, for me.

i do believe there are nefarious reasons why it is being legalized.
it is not just about states making the tax dollars, imo!
and it is certainty not because anyone cares about your health/pain management/whatever.

(edit: sorry for straying off topic)

Edited by thealienthatategod (12/11/17 05:41 PM)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: thealienthatategod]
    #24840291 - 12/11/17 07:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I got the job offer and it's mine if I pass a urine test next week..

Sketchy times but 3 weeks from pretty light use might be the ticket :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24840369 - 12/11/17 07:54 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

maybe, good luck!

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24840509 - 12/11/17 09:02 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Lol, cost me $420 for the test :tongue: (a physical too)
Gonna be exercising, drinking waters, Vitamin B3ing and antioxidanting to do what I can to help.

The interview went pretty well, I even admitted to :leaf: use and the guy said 95% of the people there had probably chuffed at some point, though he was proud to say he never had. Only catch is I got to pee in a cup for my future :tearchalice:

--------------------

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#24841999 - 12/12/17 02:01 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Well I have a multitude of really good reasons to stop or at a minimum alter my drinking habits but I am having a very rough time following through.  It feels bad man and especially when I KNOW better.  I used to think addiction was a synonym for weakness, but now I'm not so sure.  It's starting to really feel like a sickness or disease and I either have guardian angels on overtime or have been very lucky that I haven't hurt myself more than I have.  Not trying to be depressing, but it's eating me up.  I guess I'm past the denial phase which could be viewed as growth I suppose.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: When was the last time you had a reason not to do something? [Re: unam sanctum]
    #24842831 - 12/12/17 08:35 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've recently come to the thought that perhaps addiction is a behaviour maintained by reinforcement.

It's hard to know why we want to be inebriated or to escape from the day to day with drug use however in keeping busy and spending time wisely I've seen no problem with at least my own desires of the sort.

When one thing isn't an option for another thing to occur it has worked to curb addiction in my experience.

Maintaining it though, it only lasts so long.

At least if you aren't driving or drinking at work you probably don't have to be concerned all too much of judgement for drinking.

If you don't have a reason good enough to stop then I don't know if it really could be considered a reason. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's an excuse not to stop but if you don't I'm dumbfounded to think there isn't something missing in such reason.

A decision made for future reason has seemed to work at least temporarily in my case.

It's no easy thing to face, understand, comprehend or control the behaviours we tend to consider addictions but somehow in one way or another we can look forward in time to change what is now so.

To that though, I had a strong cider today so I'm probably not one to say much about alcohol but I don't drink if I'll be driving in the day merely because I can't and I don't trust myself to do so with alcohol in my system.

Hope you judge yourself in moderation however it comes about.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24843225 - 12/13/17 03:50 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

sounds a bit like drunk talk.

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24843246 - 12/13/17 04:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'm still recovering from my addictions too, and it has worked for some but different chemicals, different behaviours.

Have you got anything to say to someone who might be drinking too much alcohol other than drunk talk? I don't think that's the kind of judgement that helps anyone move forward.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24843304 - 12/13/17 05:54 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I am not good at motivating people
but if they chase me I am a fast runner and small target

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order