Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCubieCat
MEAT $WEAT$

~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~
    #24840026 - 12/11/17 05:09 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Back at it again after about a 5 year gap I am making my debut back into the world of mushroom cultivation!

I had 3 previous grows before this one, but when I ordered spores it was too hot for syringes in my area and I'm afraid the spores were DOA. 2 MS--> Grain Bags and 1 MS--> PF Jars. Nothing ever came of any attempts obviously. This is my first time working with a SAB, a lot has changed since I last worked with mushrooms. I'm looking forward to some midnight mycology sessions. Especially excited to do a few monotubs after the first of the year, but that's me getting ahead of myself. On to my present grow.

12/6
After receiving new samples from a reddit member I set about making regular old 2:1:1 PF tek jars and got around to inoculating around 0100 hours on 12/6. 5half pint with Golden Teacher, 5half pint with B+, and 6 half pint with AA+. Jars were then labeled and put away on a shelf. Ambient air set on 71F.

12/11
4 Pint jars + 6 helf pint jars were prepared per 2:1:1 PF Tek. 3 half pint + 1 pint Golden Teacher. 3 Half Pint + 1 Pint B+, and 2 Pints AA+.

jars from 12/6 were inspected and over half of them show colonization. Here are some lovely jar pictures for everyone!

/\Above and Below are pics from a killer GT jar of mine \/

^ some B+ mycelium growth

^ all jars in SGFC (just for storage no particular reason)
**the lid has now been removed from the sgfc to promote gas exchange within in the jars. Thanks for the input!**

Edited by CubieCat (12/11/17 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCodeinecowboy
Kingpin
 User Gallery

Re: ~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~ [Re: CubieCat]
    #24840033 - 12/11/17 05:11 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Why not just do grain if your using that many jars

OfflineCubieCat
MEAT $WEAT$

Re: ~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~ [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #24840049 - 12/11/17 05:15 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Codeinecowboy said:
Why not just do grain if your using that many jars

I am saving up for a nice 23 qt pressure cooker. My last one broke and was really cheap. Having said that, I just wanted to get my feet wet again and get back into for my first grow. I tried using pre-sterilized 5lb millet bags, and they would have been good, had the spores not been DOA from the heat in the summer time. These are new spores from a new source. I also heard that most people do agar-->grains as opposed to MS --> Grains, and I'm not educated in the area enough to dive in just yet!.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24840053 - 12/11/17 05:17 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Open the tote a few times a day to encourage good GE.  I'd be ideal to colonize those jars on top of that tote especially if your temps are acceptable.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineCubieCat
MEAT $WEAT$

Re: ~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~ [Re: hamloaf]
    #24840057 - 12/11/17 05:19 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Open the tote a few times a day to encourage good GE.  I'd be ideal to colonize those jars on top of that tote especially if your temps are acceptable.

should a SGFC not be acceptable enough GE? Im just asking for clarification lol not trying to be snarky.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24840081 - 12/11/17 05:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Oh crap.  Yea, I didn't see the holes in the tote until you pointed them out.  :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineIcezizim
Male

Loc: Oklahoma
    #24840091 - 12/11/17 05:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CubieCat said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

should a SGFC not be acceptable enough GE? Im just asking for clarification lol not trying to be snarky.

The tote already has holes in it like s SGFC, so its plenty for GE. If it was a closed tote i would tell you to open it, but the way it is your good.

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #24840108 - 12/11/17 05:42 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CubieCat said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

I would just leave the lid off untill they are ready.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

OfflineCubieCat
MEAT $WEAT$

Re: ~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~ [Re: Icezizim]
    #24840116 - 12/11/17 05:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

^ This seems like the obvious and simplest solution.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~ [Re: Icezizim]
    #24840164 - 12/11/17 06:02 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Icezizim said:
Quote:

CubieCat said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

The tote already has holes in it like s SGFC, so its plenty for GE. If it was a closed tote i would tell you to open it, but the way it is your good.

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Oh crap.  Yea, I didn't see the holes in the tote until you pointed them out.  :cheers:

:costanza:

--------------------

OfflineCubieCat
MEAT $WEAT$

Re: ~`'CubieCat's Return Grow'`~ [Re: hamloaf]
    #24856279 - 12/19/17 05:17 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

12/19 Update -
Just shy of 2 weeks here in the first batch of Jars and 9 days on the second batch, and I've got good 16 jars of healthy growth here :thumbup:, 1 jar of contam:mad2::thumbdown:, 3 Jars teeny amounts of growth:tongue:, and 6 jars with no growth:rolleyes:.

Thats 7 jars I'm assuming are contaminated (well 6 and 1 that definitely is) - I can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks but I think they could.... possibly... maybe... be funky... All are considered contaminated and quarantined off away from the work area.

So that's about a 68.1818181% successful inoculation, and that's contingent on seeing the rest of the grow! Not terrible for the first shot back. Definitely want to raise it up, but will work on sterile tek next time around! Breaking it down it even more 54.54% of those jars show textbook growth with multiple inoculation points, while only 13.63% show very little growth.

I have 1 jar that I would say is about 75% colonized. It is by far the fatest growing of all the cakes and 3 cakes have been identified in my lab notes as the ones to watch for taking clones/prints from.

Edited by CubieCat (12/19/17 05:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures