Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejivangilad
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Israel
Dehydrator smells bad * 1
    #24833664 - 12/08/17 09:49 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

When I dry my mushrooms with my dehydrator, it smells like dirty socks or something. I put on lowest heat - 35C/95F
Actually I had no choice, I know it is crazy but since I had nowhere to dry them, and could't let them rot, I put the dehydrator under my desk at job. It worked a few times.
Last time I probably had more then 1000 gr fresh. No windows. People complained about the smell and when I was outside they called me to clean my smelly shoes...
I actually thought they are going to fire me but luckily they were too disgusted to look.
Anyway, does  this happen in all dehydrators, and at which point they stop to smell, and does that depend on quantity?
I thought to fan dry them in a box, but am worried that the noise will disturb and wonder if it smell too.

Edited by jivangilad (12/08/17 10:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: jivangilad]
    #24833788 - 12/08/17 11:20 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Three things:

1) you dehydrate at the max setting, usually 160 - 170F.  Don't need to go higher but hit that heat.
2) yes it's going to smell, you are probably pumping mushrooms fines into the air through the dehydrator's exhaust.  And a kilo is a lot of mushrooms so the stink will be big.
3) you're possibly an idiot thinking you can do this at your place of employment.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #24833794 - 12/08/17 11:22 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:jolly:

I really like when my house smells of drying mushrooms. At work, yeah, that could become an issue.

Err, they stop smelling when you turn the dehydrator off, or they've been cracker dry for a while and are just sitting in hot air. Even then, they are quite stinky.

And of course, :whathesaid:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: HamHead]
    #24833807 - 12/08/17 11:36 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

drying a kilo under you desk at work!!! LOLOLOLOLOL

how the fuck did you get away with that! no shit it's gonna stink

hahahahahahahahaaaahahaaa

:imspecial:

--------------------
[center

Offlinederanged
freek
Male User Gallery

#24833819 - 12/08/17 11:47 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jivangilad said:
Last time I probably had more then 1000 gr fresh. No windows. People complained about the smell and when I was outside they called me to clean my smelly shoes...
I actually thought they are going to fire me but luckily they were too disgusted to look.

Hahaha this is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard :lol:

You have got to explain detailled what has happened, please!

--------------------
Stretch these skies apart and burst through

Psychedelics and vegetarianism/veganism - Did psychedelics affect your diet? (poll)
Importance of good physical shape when tripping - please read this if you consider tripping while being ill

Offlinejivangilad
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: deranged] * 2
    #24833927 - 12/08/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

My friend complained in the morning about my smelly shoes, but I ignored him because I did it a few times, and hoped nobody except him will bother/ smell.

Later my colleague called me in the phone with a serious voice, and asked me when I am coming, and she cannot tell me in the phone what is the problem. I thought that they looked and found out and are going to fire me. I inquired her and at last she said about the disgusting smell, and I should clean it immediately. I ran there and took it and luckily a friend agreed this time to dry it for me maybe the last time.

Actually I did it a few times before, leaving it working overnight and relieved to find nothing burning in the morning. There was smell, but stronger closely to my desk so maybe people didnt notice or ignored.
Once my colleague called me saying something very bad happend, stressing me out, but it turned out to be some foolish issue at work.

Once after drying I was preparing them for storage, and my colleague said I am busy today and what do I do. I said I appreciate her interest in me, but better mind her own business.

Anyway luckily I have both the mushrooms and job still.
Since I dont have too much work, once a week I go for a few hours small mushroom trip  at work time and come back just to fill my hours. This has been going on for a few years, so work serves me a lot in doing psychedelics.
Otherwise I wouldn't have time for it.
I dont know how they didnt fire me until now and they even appreciate me.
I work for a bank, so this is my revenge in capitalism.
I cannot do this things at home, since my wife objects seriously and I gave my word for not doing it at home.

I am hoping to be able to harvest and preserve enough , from what I grow now, so I dont have to deal with all this stress for a few years.

Edited by jivangilad (12/08/17 01:20 PM)

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

#24833934 - 12/08/17 01:21 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

drying mushrooms at a bank that you are fucking over!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

--------------------
[center

Offlinederanged
freek
Male User Gallery

#24833938 - 12/08/17 01:23 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

That's fucking hilarious. Thanks for this detailed portrayal. Well, I appreciate you too, man! :lol:

--------------------
Stretch these skies apart and burst through

Psychedelics and vegetarianism/veganism - Did psychedelics affect your diet? (poll)
Importance of good physical shape when tripping - please read this if you consider tripping while being ill

Offlinejivangilad
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: deranged]
    #24833954 - 12/08/17 01:37 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks.
One time by dosage mistake I got so fucked up that I didnt know how to open the door when I returned to office. 
I needed to wait there until someone came and opened the door.

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: jivangilad] * 1
    #24833972 - 12/08/17 01:48 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I could never do mushrooms at work. People would know I'm fucked instantly.

HOW ARE YOU NOT FIRED BY NOW!!! holy shit!

Are you really in Isreal too? what are the laws like there if you get caught?

Please tell us more about your life.

--------------------
[center

Offlinejivangilad
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #24834979 - 12/08/17 10:58 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnieYen said:
I could never do mushrooms at work. People would know I'm fucked instantly.

HOW ARE YOU NOT FIRED BY NOW!!! holy shit!

Are you really in Isreal too? what are the laws like there if you get caught?

Please tell us more about your life.

I dont do it at work, I go outside for trip and come back after.
Usually the beach or a nice park.
Usually I dont take too much though, so I can function, but sometimes I do.
A few colleagues were aware that I was a bit high a few times, but they didn't make to much fuss about it.
Since I dont have much work, I take 2-3 hours every day at work time early morning before most people come, to go to the park and meditate.
I think if you keep good relationship with people they usually  dont try to hurt you, and mind their own business.
The laws are not clear about mushrooms. It is not mentioned specifically in law, but if the judge really wants, they can disturb you.

I could be fired every day, but on the other hand, this way of life helps me so much in relieving stress, that I think it helps me in functioning properly at work, and other areas of life, so in a way it will be one sided to say that it only risks my job.
Strangely enough the work that I do have I try to do my best, and they appreciate me for this.
This has been going on like this for maybe 4 years.
Before this I worked normally and I reached to a point where I was extremely stressed out and depressed, this helped me a lot to get out of it.

Edited by jivangilad (12/09/17 12:12 AM)

Offlinejivangilad
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #24837512 - 12/10/17 11:00 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

For weekend I escaped with the dehydrator without anybody had a chance to talk to me.
When I returned from weekend, the colleague that called me asked me to clean my desk, because it is hazard of insects and rats, which I did immediately. Otherwise nobody said anything, maybe they didn't want to embarrass me..

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

#24839353 - 12/11/17 10:27 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I just think you are walking a dangerous line. Think of your family first man.
You don't need to take mushrooms all the time. Maybe make some into tincture and microdose
Save the trips for when you have more freedom to do so, sometimes less is more.
thanks for the insight into your life

--------------------
[center

Offlinejivangilad
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Dehydrator smells bad [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #24839427 - 12/11/17 11:29 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JohnnieYen said:
I just think you are walking a dangerous line. Think of your family first man.
You don't need to take mushrooms all the time. Maybe make some into tincture and microdose
Save the trips for when you have more freedom to do so, sometimes less is more.
thanks for the insight into your life

Thanks
I mostly dont take too much. Maybe half of full dosage. An amount that I can still function, answer to phones more or less, and speak. Its great to do this on the beach.  Sometimes I do more, but I try to give it more time, and mostly with friends.
But you are right it is a serious risk I am taking, and pretty stressful.
Must say my wife doesn't like it at all. Risky growing and dealing with them.
Because of my wife I belong to christian community which objected it a lot.
I had difficult time with my mother in law. But as I insisted, they reduced their pressure. 
So it is pressure from all sides.
I have double life actually. Somehow I manage to do my job properly and live family life, and behind this most people are not aware it is completely different.
I dont have an answer to this, apart from you live just once, and that I have strong inclination to do this. And also I started doing it in a period that I was suffering mentally tremendously, looking for a cure and it continued after I got relief.
But probably my answer will change if they fire me tomorrow, or my wife divorces me for this, or I get mushroom induced psychosis.

Edited by jivangilad (12/11/17 12:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom