Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: azzbo]
    #24837578 - 12/10/17 11:47 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The hunter/warrior archetype is a bit of a sociopath.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: koods]
    #24837594 - 12/10/17 11:54 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
We also need to allow states to drop immunity for civil liability of these officers when appropriate. Even in cases where no criminal liability is found, the police departments end up paying out huge settlements. It's about time these cops have to pay victims out of their own pockets, and not just the taxpayers.

I fully agree with you on that. The responsibility lies solely on the individual(s) involved. It's absolute nonsense that the police act in an overly aggressive fashion feeling as though their badge is some sort of get out of jail free card. Even under circumstances where an officer may be justified in his killing of someone, it is still no excuse. If you or I kill someone with a reason that is fully legitimate we will have to fight for our innocence hard every step of the way while these cops, they go to court, but the process is bullshit because since they are cop they are seen as good people who must have had a good reason for cold blooded murder, and let's just ignore the incriminating evidence, in fact, let's just not bring it up in a court of law at all because heaven forbid we put a stain on our beloved police force and the world sees them for who they really are; A legitimized gang who before too long learns that they have carte blanche on who lives or dies.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: FeedingMyDreams] * 1
    #24837606 - 12/10/17 12:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FeedingMyDreams said:
Just imagine if the kid was black.  The media would be reporting it non-stop and we'd have riots across America.

I encourage you to go out in the street and riot, its high time white people rioted over police brutality.

Here in Europe even the fire brigade riots:

Its part of democracy that you call out the government when they go too far.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Asante]
    #24837650 - 12/10/17 12:25 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Ya but the kid is white and so was the officer.  So the butthurt factor is smaller.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24837653 - 12/10/17 12:27 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

The instruction the cop was giving to the kid under that level of stress must have been so difficult to follow...

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Patlal]
    #24837676 - 12/10/17 12:36 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

If you sneeze remotely in the direction of a cop, they might charge you with assualt on an officer and say you spit on them.

Anyone wonder why so many strongly dislike the establishment?

--------------------

OfflineMrBlueYoMind
Don't do drugs (Without me)

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24837685 - 12/10/17 12:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
The hunter/warrior archetype is a bit of a sociopath.

All tribes survive because of their warriors.  The nature of humans is to form tribes.

So this was all over the media when it happened but we're just hearing about it within the past week?

Anyone care to share the CNN, MSNBC, etc stories from when it originally happened?

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24837698 - 12/10/17 12:58 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
I don’t get why it went down like this. Couldn’t someone have held a gun on him while someone walked over and cuffed him?  Made the guy keep his hands on the floor until they got him in handcuffs?  Dude had a wife and kids, it’s heartbreaking.  And fuck that cop.

They are basically being trained to shoot first and ask questions later and a lot of the people that join want to do just that. The officers probably freak themselves out because they've never really been in that situation so they're ready to fire at anything that makes them jump. Even though it's all in their head.

He should go to jail or some sort of alternative.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: MrBlueYoMind] * 1
    #24837733 - 12/10/17 01:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #24837734 - 12/10/17 01:18 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yes but tribes won't leave Planet Earth very well.  It's time to evolve to more global relationships and Universal relationships.

Politics is so consumed by tribal beliefs.  People get wrapped up in tribal identity and 99% of our issues come from that narrow mindlessness.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Morel Guy] * 3
    #24837742 - 12/10/17 01:23 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Ya but the kid is white and so was the officer.  So the butthurt factor is smaller.

Mine isn't, yours isn't, FeedingMyDreams isn't. Let's empty a case of beer and if we still feel that way, top the bottles off with a rag on top and take to the streets Bahrain Protests style:

No seriously, let's not, when peaceful and more apporopriate protest is possible.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
    #24837748 - 12/10/17 01:27 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

What was the reason they gave for not admitting the video into evidence. IMHO, this is the main reason the cop/ cops were acquitted. Had the jury watched the video, there is no way they could have acquitted them. Their lawyer definitely earned his money.

It's a sad state of affairs that these assholes can get away with something like this. My guess is, like OJ, at least there will be some civil suits against them that the video will be allowed. It's not much, but, at least it's something.:sad:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: cannabinated]
    #24837755 - 12/10/17 01:31 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cannabinated said:
Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
I don’t get why it went down like this. Couldn’t someone have held a gun on him while someone walked over and cuffed him?  Made the guy keep his hands on the floor until they got him in handcuffs?  Dude had a wife and kids, it’s heartbreaking.  And fuck that cop.

They are basically being trained to shoot first and ask questions later and a lot of the people that join want to do just that. The officers probably freak themselves out because they've never really been in that situation so they're ready to fire at anything that makes them jump. Even though it's all in their head.

He should go to jail or some sort of alternative.

Reminds me of the reservists from Generation Kill.  There are a lot of good people who join various police departments, but the job fucking sucks (in very large part because of the ubiquity of guns in this country) and tends to be a magnet for psychopaths.

LAPD officer visiting Norway, by the way.

Didn't watch the original video yet, by the way.  I just woke up and don't feel like watching some poor bastard getting murdered by some jackass with a warrior fetish and (in all likelihood) a raging boner.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24837758 - 12/10/17 01:33 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Daniel+Shaver&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A1%2F1%2F2016%2Ccd_max%3A7%2F1%2F2016&tbm=

These are just Jan. 1 2016 to July 1 2016.

How do you do a google search limited to a date range? I tried the technique on the advanced search tools page and I was still swamped with all the coverage from the past five days

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24837773 - 12/10/17 01:44 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

There are a lot of good people who join various police departments

The good ones either get corrupted by the system, or spit out. Most police forces in this country operate on gang rules. You don't snitch. You always have other officer's backs, regardless of their behavior, and you get what you want through systemic intimidation,

I honestly believe that jurors are afraid to convict cops. Why risk getting on the wrong side of the police force?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#24837782 - 12/10/17 01:49 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Shroomslip said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Daniel+Shaver&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A1%2F1%2F2016%2Ccd_max%3A7%2F1%2F2016&tbm=

These are just Jan. 1 2016 to July 1 2016.

How do you do a google search limited to a date range? I tried the technique on the advanced search tools page and I was still swamped with all the coverage from the past five days

Under the magnifying glass icon is a tab called tools, and one of the tools is "Time" and at the bottom of that you can set a customized range.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum

#24837792 - 12/10/17 01:56 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

There are a lot of good people who join various police departments

The good ones either get corrupted by the system, or spit out. Most police forces in this country operate on gang rules. You don't snitch. You always have other officer's backs, regardless of their behavior, and you get what you want through systemic intimidation,

You know a lot of cops?

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: chibiabos]
    #24837828 - 12/10/17 02:22 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've known guys back when I was in college who wanted to be cops, and they were usually criminally inclined individuals.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #24838147 - 12/10/17 05:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
I've known guys back when I was in college who wanted to be cops, and they were usually criminally inclined individuals.

Most of them seem almost like to have a mentality sort of like "i didnt have a record when i was fucking up. So therefore ill use my clean record and knowledge of criminals to go out and arrest them intimidate them" right?

I mean ive known very few "cops to be" myself but most of them like you said seem to really not care so much about the law but which side of the law they are safer standing behind right?

I mean i guess why not take that job if you can prove you are psychologically fit right? Its a total gang mentality. Its simply "my gang is the biggest in town hands down. Also i dont have to be jumped in. I carry a gun and follow orders so its safer plus im always with the law never against it" kind of thing

That cop that shot the kid in the hallway, Brailsford right? He looked young right? I mean, real young. You think he wouldnt have gotten jumped for that crime in jail?

Still, there are cops that join the force to keep the streets safe and i always feel bad for them when i watch one of these videos. People like this make the rest of them look really bad.

What sucks even more is really poor protocol like this turns out to be followed to the mark and no one else gets fired, this asshole cop who shot the kid for pulling up his pants got off because be was following orders. Who uses such lousy protocol?

I mean what BS. He was let off for following orders. Why did they wait down the hall in the first place when no one answered and they yelled for the woman to come out of the room on the 5th floor? They could have moved up to the door and prepared to breach. By waiting for both defendents to come out and come "towards them" were they being nice by not sending the dog in? By waiting in the hall they risked shooting other people in the rooms by firing m16 rounds that can go through walls and even light body armor.

I mean Jesus :facepalm: these fucking people are supposed to be trained by the best and the first thing they do is go up the elevator instead of the stairs etc.

These assholes were trained by other assholes. However, Ill bet in SWAT training their actions in simulation would have caused them to fail the course.

Having a perp "walk towards you backwards" is how i thought that "come to me" command worked anyway. Not "keep your hands up" then "crawl towards me with your hands on the floor" like where are the guys fucking hands supposed to be? If theyd said "turn around" they would have seen no gun in shavers waist band

The chief of police in mesa should have been fired. Did he move to the philippines also?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Police officer psychology tortures and executes unarmed man [Re: imachavel]
    #24838199 - 12/10/17 06:11 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

My step dad is a cop; OPP.  A damn good one too. He's got 25 years on the job and he's a decorated officer who got shot at from bank robbers in pursuit. Luckily he did not get injured. He policed one of the poorest city in Ontario. It's a central hub for bikers and trafficking. Has been for decades but the RCMP seemingly refuses to drop the hammer and the OPP is stretched out thin.

He never made enemies out there because he is good for people. He helps out anybody that asks him for advice and he's a workhorse.

Not all cops are bad.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom