Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigboy
fat boy on amission
Loc: my own little world
New Hunter in search of veteran hunter advice
    #2483194 - 03/30/04 09:37 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I live in Chico , CA. and I have been Self-educating myself for my big mushroom hunt. low and behold, when I finally got up the nerve to go out hunting guess what happened? I didn't have a clue of where to start. I read the previous posts here and understand you can't give exact directions but I'm starting to feel like I'm standing in a gold mine but I never see any gold. Just remember when you were new to hunting and please help me. any advise will be great.My email is jobailey32@yahoo.com

--------------------
I'm Rick James, Bitch!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New Hunter in search of veteran hunter advice [Re: bigboy]
    #2483277 - 03/30/04 10:19 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I live somewhat near your location.... A few hours away.

I've never been to chico, but, if there are any forests around, I would start going on hikes through there.

For hallucinogenic, you will want to check some woodchip beds in the city areas. Mulch that is used to border plants and whatnot. Liberty caps have said to be found in the pasturelands, growing from the grass that surrounds the dung.

Unfortuently for you, we are at the end of our mushroom season. You will be able to find some spring edibles like Amanita velosa, but, for a newbie, do not attempt to eat them...or even find them.

Keep doing some reading and searching through the town, so you will be ready for next year!! (November through March)

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
    #2484935 - 03/30/04 07:15 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

never eat any mushroom unless you have a positive identification of what it is,most of the time just looking at it will not be enough.get a mushroom guide book read up on how to identify mushrooms.you have to take many things into consideration like the medium you found it in or the trees in that part of the forest and many other physical charicristics.there are alot of look alikes out there. the guide will explain more on identifing.Try and find an experienced mushroom hunter to go with you thats how most people i know learn what to look for.just always remember this don't eat anything unless your dead sure you know what is is or you'll be dead.when in dought throw IT OUT.hehe

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2485054 - 03/30/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

This is kind of a double post, you've got 2 posts with the same topic floating around. I'm going to lock this one because your other one is getting more replies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies