Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKillerclowns87
Homie
Male

Loc: Florida
persistent comtam
    #24831230 - 12/07/17 03:34 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Hello fellow shroomerites,

Im finally making this post in a last resort to try to find help on this matter. I can honestly say i tried to tweek my methods to try to get rid of this pest of a contam but no luck so far. so im turning to the community.

Let me start this off by telling you that all my spawn doesnt touch a single grain before i put it through agar and make a few transfer (to ensure my mycelium is clean and healthy)

It seems as if i have good mycelium when i gander at it on a plate..
so i transfer.

It seems i have goood mycelium in my spawn jars...
so i transfer...

and it even seems good when i noc up my tubs (BTW im using straight coir, not pressure cooked). Looks good, smells nice.... all the way until the end of the first flush then i get this contam!

Some times its comes at the end of the first flush, sometimes it doesnt show until my 2nd flush has started. Regardless it looks exactly the same..Looks like this

I know this is most likely a common com tam, but i cant find any picture that im totally confident enough to say "thats what i have".
Kinda thinking it is trich because after a few days of it looking like i showed in the picture it DOES start to turn green.

If this is actually trich, im lost about what to do different...
Why do i keep getting it??

Only think i can think of is I'm currently using my grow room (where i keep my mono tubs) and my SAB in the same room..
So b

asi-cally i keep the room around 73 degrees which is cooled with a window ac unit, could this be my problem?

I do shut the AC off about an hour prior to let everything settle.

then after everything has settle i proceed to wipe down my box and work area.

the last thing im a bit concerned about is spraying the room down with disinfectant.
i recently started moving my tubs out of the room before i go soaking the room with lysol, but doesnt anyone know for sure if a mono tub (in fruiting conditions, or still colonizing is a threat??

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

Loc: Uk Flag
Re: persistent comtam [Re: Killerclowns87]
    #24837107 - 12/10/17 06:06 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Anything with trich in I've tossed and not looked back. But I think I finally narrowed down my problem which was the LC I used. From what I read a few days ago is that trich is a parasite and winds in the myce and stays. I've not had it show on plates but it soon showed in my mono. Have you tried any other spores or are you using the same all the time. I've changed my syringes and vendor and things are on the up.

OfflineKillerclowns87
Homie
Male

Re: persistent comtam [Re: Fascistbullyboy]
    #24838993 - 12/11/17 04:10 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Fascistbullyboy said:
Anything with trich in I've tossed and not looked back. But I think I finally narrowed down my problem which was the LC I used. From what I read a few days ago is that trich is a parasite and winds in the myce and stays. I've not had it show on plates but it soon showed in my mono. Have you tried any other spores or are you using the same all the time. I've changed my syringes and vendor and things are on the up.

Hmm... As far as changing my spawn.. not really.

I usually alternate between a GT strain and  AA+ strain. both of which i have grown all the way out to a third flush in past times.

However, unless my eye is that untrained. Im not seeing anything but healthy myc. on my pda plates before i transfer to grain then g2g enough to do a bulk grow.

It is a thought though, maybe i will pull something from my spawn bank and give it a try.

For some reason my instincts are telling me it has something to do with me using so much lysol in the room. (as i said in OP, im using my grow room to also do my inoculations.)

Thanks for your input bullyboy, i will deff take it into consideration!

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

#24839465 - 12/11/17 11:55 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

No worries. Without reading what I put already. I had huge trich problems. Never showed on a plate, I had a LC and it was either that or my SHIP. I've fucked the SHIP's off and tried the LC in some cakes. Most of the cakes got trich. So now I got new jars and new spores. I've not had a single problem yet. Fingers crossed.

OfflineKillerclowns87
Homie
Male

Re: persistent comtam [Re: Fascistbullyboy]
    #24853030 - 12/18/17 04:17 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone else have any other info on this?

Just got another tub to do the same thing.

Ive noticed any fruits growing around this infected area are weak, the fruit itself and the mycelium underneath the fruit, the fruit is practically falling over and laying down.

Can anyone confirm this is trich, and if so what can i try doing different. Must be in my SAB work cuz my spawn looks clean on grain AND on agar!

OfflineFascistbullyboy
Trich master
I'm a teapot

#24853843 - 12/18/17 01:50 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

First 2 is trich on the top. 3rd is how it looked at the bottom of the tub. Has your patch gone green anywhere?

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24855101 - 12/19/17 01:45 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Killerclowns87 said:
Quote:

Fascistbullyboy said:

Hmm... As far as changing my spawn.. not really.

I usually alternate between a GT strain and  AA+ strain. both of which i have grown all the way out to a third flush in past times.

However, unless my eye is that untrained. Im not seeing anything but healthy myc. on my pda plates before i transfer to grain then g2g enough to do a bulk grow.

It is a thought though, maybe i will pull something from my spawn bank and give it a try.

For some reason my instincts are telling me it has something to do with me using so much lysol in the room. (as i said in OP, im using my grow room to also do my inoculations.)

Thanks for your input bullyboy, i will deff take it into consideration!

If you actually had trich on your plates riding with the myc, that would be a very tough contam to spot. Trich on a bulk substrate might look thick and white but on agar, it's very thin and whispy. Almost invisible. Luckily though the chances of this is very fuckin low, same with trich in spawn IME. The biggest killer is bacteria in spawn, which could even just be something as basic as you need to try a different grain source because the current one you're using has too many endospores. When myc is weakened by bacteria (which is also almost invisible), trich just germinates on it like it's candy.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules